Realization of Oneness: Chapter 11, Lifting Up The I
- 11) Lifting Up the I There is no one mode, means, method, or system which can correctly be called metaphysical or spiritual healing. In fact, there are as many different approaches to spiritual healing as there are in materia medica with its allopathy, homeopathy, osteopathy, chiropractic, and naprapathy, all different forms of materia medica. In the world of metaphysical and spiritual healing, there are the evangelists who, by the grace of God, have received some special state of consciousness through which they heal without knowing how, why, or wherefore. For the most part, they do not have the slightest idea of any principle involved in healing: they only know that healings do take place, sometimes through the spoken word and sometimes through the laying on of hands. Apparently, it is something that is just a part of their being, something that has come to them at a particular period in their life, and something over which they have no control. Then there are those approaches to healing which employ mental means and, by suggestion, attempt to change a diseased or evil condition into a good one. There are also methods which attempt to combine the mental and the spiritual. A person who has had any experience with other forms of metaphysical or spiritual healing and decides to practice healing through Infinite Way healing principles may have to unlearn most of what he has previously known in order to grasp these principles, and if he encounters difficulty on the way it is probably because he has not yet unlearned enough. AN UNDERSTANDING OF IMMORTALITY, BASIC TO HEALING The Infinite Way begins with an infinite, ever present, omnipotent God. Its premise is that there is no imperfection in any part of God or of God's creation, none whatsoever! God is perfect being, and so, therefore, is God's creation. No one was ever born, and no one will ever die; no one ever had a beginning, and no one will ever have an ending. One way to understand the continuity of life is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 11, Lifting Up The I.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:05- 157K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 4, Easter - An Experience of Consciousness
- Chapter Four Easter: An Experience of Consciousness To think of Easter as commemorating the resurrection of a man who died or was crucified two thousand years ago is not experiencing the real meaning of Easter; it is not being conscious of its great significance. Resurrection is an experience. It is an experience of truth, and the purpose of the Master's resurrection was not merely to prove that he could raise himself up from the dead, because of what value would that be to us? No, it was to exemplify his basic teaching that the dead are to be raised, whether "dead" in sin, "dead" in lack, "dead" in ignorance, or "dead" in disease. The dead are to be resurrected, raised up into life again. As a matter of fact, the idea of resurrection is a part of the teaching of all mysticism, all religious teachings, and all truth-teachings. There are persons who are sick, sinning, dying, and dead, and without resurrection, that is where they remain. There are persons in the prison of their mentality, and without resurrection, that is where they are left. Eventually, all mankind must be resurrected, must be raised out of the inertia of humanhood which in itself is death. Simply continuing on and on in the same old pattern, this is inertia, this is "death." The Master proved that to be resurrected took something more than having twelve disciples around him, or eleven, and asking them to pray with him. There is more to resurrection than that. Probably many of those disciples were very good practitioners or healers, and although Jesus did ask them to stay awake and to pray with him, this did not result in his resurrection. In the end, he had to pray alone; in the end, he had to realize his own resurrection and ascension. Why was that? To understand the reason, we must begin with the premise that the crucifixion, resurrection, and ascension took place within his own consciousness. It is true that part of our resurrection comes because of the Master's experience and the experience of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Experience of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:47- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 11, Access to the Kingdom of God
- ... Without any speaking, without any whispering, just by silently thinking, open consciousness. Because of the revelation of Jesus, this part is not difficult. You have his authority to back you up. It is the next part that presents difficulties, however, and with which you probably will have to contend within yourself until you reach the consciousness of it. That part has to do with the word is. It is a very angelic word, but for a long while you are going to call it a devil, because you will have difficulty with it. What does it mean? One thing it means is that God cannot do anything for you because God is already doing it, so there is nothing that God could begin today or tomorrow. It also means that you cannot bring God into the situation because God is already there where the situation appears to be. It means that you cannot attain harmony because the harmony of God is. The thing that occupies the mind and that you are expecting of God after your prayer or meditation already is. You cannot seek anything of God: you cannot seek forgiveness; you cannot seek supply; you cannot seek healing because of is. God is and God is from everlasting to everlasting. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. God will be with you unto the end of the world. All is embodied in the word is. Then why are we going to God? Just for God's impartation of Himself, for the recognition of is, the recognition of as, letting the impartation come which, when it comes, never says, "I will do something for you." It says, "I am with you. I always have been with you; I always will be with you." There is no such thing as the past; there is no such things as the future: all is is. What about the particular sin, disease, death, lack, or limitation that confronts you? It confronts you only as an appearance or ignorance of is. In your realization of is, the picture begins to fade; the illusory appearance dies out. The law of God is functioning; the life of God is being. The law of God and the life ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ccess to the Kingdom of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:11- 121K
Find Similar Documents
God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 11, Infinite Uncircumscribed Being
- Chapter Eleven Infinite Uncircumscribed Being Most persons, regardless of their religious background, have the idea that God's grace, God's blessing, or the givingness of God is dependent on some thing. Often it has been taught that the receiving of God's benefits is dependent on our obedience to the Ten Commandments or to church rules, regular attendance in church, taking communion, fasting, sacrificing, tithing, being grateful, or having faith. Releasing God An important part of our work is releasing God in the sense of realizing that we do not need God for anything except for God to be God, which God always is. We stop looking to God to do something for us now or in the future, since whatever God does, God has been doing from everlasting to everlasting. God never changes. God never inaugurates something now; He could not heal us now; He could not heal us tomorrow. We come to this awareness through the progressive unfoldment of Infinite Way principles. First, must come the realization that God is not a withholding God; therefore, if God is not a withholding God, God cannot be a giving God, because giving something now would imply having withheld it up to now. In God there is no such thing as giving or withholding: there is only God being God. But God is being God eternally; God has been God eternally. Our function is not to reach out to God as if we wanted something of God, but rather to tune in to God as if we had been disconnected, and as if we are now reconnecting ourselves with God. Then, another step to help us gain this awareness is to see that God is responsible for the rising and the setting of the sun, and that these are not dependent on anything that man does or does not do. God is responsible for the laws of nature, which are constantly in operation, whether or not man does anything to deserve or be worthy of them. What God is, God is, regardless of man. God's rain falls "on the just and the unjust,"1 and there is no such thing as God's blessings being ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...inite Uncircumscribed Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:33- 118K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 18, Christ of Being
- CHAPTER 18 Christ of Being DO NOT believe for a moment that if I hold someone in bondage, I myself am going to be free. That is utter nonsense! "As ye sow, so shall ye reap" is a law that cannot be broken. The only way to stop erroneous reaping is to stop erroneous sowing. Erroneous sowing only takes place "up here," in consciousness, in thought. It is determined by what I am willing to see "out there." Either I am willing to spiritually discern that you are the Christ, or I am going to judge by human appearances by saying, "Well, you are the child of Jones, Brown, or Smith." It is up to me! "Choose ye this day whom you will serve"-Truth or error, spiritual Truth or human knowledge. If you choose spiritual Truth, you begin at any instant you like-and this is as good as any other-to take the attitude of sitting back, looking out at this world, and saying, "Thank God, I know thee now, who thou art. Thou art the very Christ of God, the son of God. Thank God, I know thee who thou art, the son of the Most High, offspring of God, heir of God, joint-heir with all of us to the spiritual Kingdom." "Son, thou art ever with God, and all that God hath is thine." This earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof, and it belongs to each and every one of you! Begin! Break the malpractice, break this anti-Christ, and begin to behold Christ. Know the Truth. At the same time, be sure that you do not put your head in the ground and say that there is no evil. Remember, all evil is an activity of the carnal mind, an activity of malpractice or anti-Christ; but because it is not of God, you don't have to fight it. Do not fight error! Do not try to overcome error; you can't, any more than you can overcome 2 × 2 = 5! Do not battle 2 × 2 = 5; just quietly know the Truth: 2 × 2 = 4. Don't argue about it, don't fight it, don't discuss it. There is nothing to discuss about 2 × 2; it is 4, and that is all there is to it. Do not be interested in anyone's opinion. I can assure you there is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 18, Christ of Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:24- 99K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 12, Realizing the Principles
- ~ 12 ~ REALIZING THE PRINCIPLES Please remember, it is only in the first months or year that living the Infinite Way may seem a bit burdensome and difficult. Be willing, for the sake of its fruitage, to undertake some of the labor that goes with this work in the beginning. In living the Infinite Way you are doing two things all day long: You are doing protective work and you are doing treatment, or healing, work. You are engaged in those two activities throughout the day whether or not anybody asks you for help, and you are always using these three principles-the realization of one power, impersonalization, and nothingizing-as the major part of your work. From the moment you awaken in the morning, you are to do protective work. Now, don't think of protective work as protecting yourself from evil or protecting anybody else from evil. Remember, protective work is the realization that there is no power from which to protect one's self. Protective work is living in the realization that since there is only one power, there are no other powers to do anything or be anything. Any other suggestion is mesmeric influence, mortal mind, the arm of flesh, nothingness. Without protective work, even though you're not consciously thinking of accidents or discords or diseases or sins or temptations, you are permitting yourself to accept unconsciously, or subconsciously, the world's mesmerism, the world's hypnotic suggestions. In other words, this evil touches your life in very much the same way as subliminal perception operates. Something enters your consciousness which you do not see, hear, taste, touch, or smell; it enters in the form of suggestion, or mental imposition. You don't have to see a headline to know there is trouble in the world. You inwardly feel it. But even if you can't sense the trouble, you can tell it if you've awakened with a headache, or you've awakened with a dullness, or you've awakened with a sense of fear. None of this originates in you; none of this is part ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...2, Realizing the Principles.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:51- 107K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 11, The Infinite Way of Life
- Chapter Eleven The Infinite Way of Life The Infinite Way is a way of life to which we are led at some time in our experience. It is a way that cannot be told to any person: he has to seek it; he has to want it. Since all of us are at different states and stages of consciousness, not one of us can be ready for every message at every moment. So it is that there is always a moment in your life or mine when we are ready for this particular way of life. The purpose of the Infinite Way is to bring about a transition in consciousness from a material sense of life to a spiritual consciousness of life. In this work a transition is made out of the world of material and mental powers to a state of consciousness where there is no power. Spiritual power is really not a power in the sense of doing anything to anything or anyone, or being used for any purpose whatsoever. Assume Control over Your Mind In the material sense of life, matter and material power in its many forms, down to and even beyond the atom, can be used. As we advance, we come to a place in consciousness where we can use mental powers and can control what goes into our mind or what comes out of our mind if we so desire. Most persons are not only at the mercy of material powers and forces, however, but unfortunately they have not learned how to control what goes into the mind and what goes out from it. When they find one of the metaphysical movements, they learn that they have jurisdiction over the mind. They can choose not only to read spiritual or metaphysical literature, but they can also choose to refuse to entertain the fear-thoughts of this world. By accepting their dominion they can refuse admittance to anything undesirable. It is you, individually, who must, at some time or other, refuse any longer to be a victim of universal beliefs, of the malpractice of the world or the domination of the minds of men, refuse to be taken in by false advertising or by the millions of unseen and unheard thoughts that travel ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...1, The Infinite Way of Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:15- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 12, Living By Prayer
- ~ 12 ~ LIVING BY PRAYER TO LIVE BY PRAYER means to reach a state of consciousness where we come into conscious oneness with the Presence, that inner Source, and live without taking thought, without struggle, and without striving. Prayer is undoubtedly the highest way of life there is. It was the way of the Master who not only lived by prayer, but often went away for forty days and forty nights of prayer. Prayer can be a hymn of gratitude that the kingdom of God, all the Father has, was established within us from the beginning. Prayer can be a recognition of our relationship with God as heir of God and joint-heir to all the heavenly riches. Prayer can be the recognition of the spiritual nature of the child of God and the spiritual nature of creation. One thing prayer must not be: it must not be a going to a God of Spirit and asking for something material. If prayer is to bear fruit, It must be a recognition of the omnipresence of spiritual good, but that does not mean expecting that prayer to be answered in terms of a new house or a new automobile. A life of prayer is a continuous recognition of the spiritual nature of God, the child of God, and the universe of God. Prayer must be a recognition of the spiritual nature of all law as being of God, and therefore spiritual, good, and full of justice. This breaks any bondage to material, mental, medical, or legal laws. Prayer is an attitude of listening. Prayer is a recognition that we do not live by anything in the material realm. Prayer is an awareness that God is not in the whirlwind, and by whirlwind we mean any of the physical manifestations of error or discord. God is not in sin, disease, or accidents: God is in the "still small voice." 1 If we want to experience the presence of God, is there any other way of attaining it than by recognizing that we must hear the "still small voice"? When we hear It, we receive some spiritual awareness. It does not necessarily mean an audible message, but every time that we receive ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 12, Living By Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:27- 125K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter One, The New Life by Grace
- CHAPTER ONE THE NEW LIFE BY GRACE This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Ye shall rejoice in all that ye put your hand unto, ye and your households. Deuteronomy 12:7 God is pouring Itself* forth and expressing Itself as harmonious being and as a harmonious universe. The world, however, is not enjoying the harmony of that universe or the harmony of God's being, but that is not because God is withholding that harmony from anyone. There is no God that can be induced to do anything especially for you or for me, no God that will move out of Its orbit to do something for any one person that It is not at this very moment doing for everybody, whether or not all the everybodies avail themselves of what God is giving them so freely. As you read this, review in your mind these questions: Do you believe that God is withholding anything from you? Do you believe that there is a God who can give you something, but at this particular moment is not giving it to you? Do you believe that? Is there anything that the hand of God is withholding from you? Is there any way that you can reach God to get God to loose something that you would like to have, and give it to you? Most of the religious teachings of the world are based upon the belief that there is a way to influence God and thereby persuade God to act on our behalf. And now I ask you, do you believe that? Do you believe that you can find a way in which you can coerce God, influence or bribe Him with money, prayers, sacrifices, tithes, or with promises to be good? Do you believe that any of this influences God on your behalf? Do you believe that there is a way to open God's hand and make it let loose of the blessings which you think He is withholding from you? Release yourself from the belief that there is a God withholding anything from anybody, anywhere, for any reason. God is not giving something to one race and withholding it from another or to one church and withholding it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... One, The New Life by Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:00- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 3, Neither Good nor Evil
- CHAPTER 3 Neither Good nor Evil EDEN REPRESENTS our spiritual domain. Now what threw us out of that? What threw us out into what the Master called this world? It is just as plain as anyone can read. The knowledge of good and evil: that's what did it. Now as we approach our healing work, we have no knowledge of good and evil. We have no knowledge of evil to be removed or risen above. Because so much of humanhood remains in us, we still recognize that we have before us the appearance of good and evil-the appearance of sin, disease, death, lack, and limitation. As long as we are faced with that, we can't be absolute and just say, "Oh, God is All; there is no error." You can't do that. You have to sit down and let God say it to you. He uttereth His Voice and the earth melteth. When you hear the still, small V oice, or when you feel that Stirring within you, that divine Presence within you, you may be assured of this: whatever appearance of sin, disease, death, lack, or limitation is before you will melt away. Don't think for a minute that you can ever be so smart as to bring it about. Never believe that because you could go out of here and say, "Oh, there is neither good nor evil," it would work miracles in your life. You must begin; and remember how Jesus said to pray: sacredly and silently. And I hope you are not going to be enough of a show-off to go out and tell this to anybody. If you do, you are only doing it to show off; you have no good motive. The only pure motive is to live spiritually and be a blessing to your fellow man, and you'll never do that by going out and telling this to anyone. You have got to live with this for a year until you demonstrate it. You've got to live with this and prove it within yourself, until it becomes so self-evident that the world sees it in you. Now remember, if you are ever tempted to tell this to anyone, you are just trying to be a show-off, and you're going to lose what you got. You're going to lose the possibility of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 3, Neither Good nor Evil.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:21- 104K
Find Similar Documents