Consciousness Transformed: March 9, 1963, Relationship of Oneness 1
- RELATIONSHIP OF ONENESS 1 March 9, 1963 I WAS JUST TRYING TO SEE if I could find any spiritual reason for celebrating a birthday or an anniversary. Emma and I have been celebrating ours with a little family group every year just as a matter of human enjoyment, but I have been trying to think if there would be any spiritual significance in a birthday or anniversary. For one thing, it does serve as an excuse for a group of people to get together, for it is a wonderful thing for people who are like-minded to be together in this way. Still the question is, is there a spiritual significance? The only answer that would come is for the sake of giving us an opportunity, just because we use numbers, to look back for a few minutes to see how we have developed spiritually in the last few years. What manner of unfoldment has taken place in that time, what sense of togetherness? It would serve a good purpose to see if the past years are unfolding in some beautiful way. I think the only purpose really, that I can see at this moment, is that you can ask yourself, if it is a birthday, "What use am I making of my years?" Yes, this just comes up in my thought: "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon the earth, where moth and rust consume, and where thieves break through and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth consume, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: for where thy treasure is, there will thy heart be also." 1 From a spiritual standpoint it would make no difference in the passing of years, if we were using our time to lay up spiritual treasures. You can't take money with you, you can't take bank accounts with you and you can't take university degrees with you. It doesn't even matter if you have been president two or three times. The only thing we can carry with us is whatever measure of spiritual truth or spiritual consciousness we have attained. The same purpose is true on celebrating an anniversary. We would have ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Relationship of Oneness 1.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:16- 95K
Find Similar Documents
The GIft of Love: Chapter 9, Upholding Your Loved Ones Spiritually
- ~ 9 ~ UPHOLDING YOUR LOVED ONES SPIRITUALLY It is natural for you to want to place those you love in God's care and, as a matter of fact, unless this is consciously done by someone, your loved ones will not be in God's care. So each day realize the activity of the presence of God and then wait for God to place the seal on your meditation: "Whither shall I flee from thy presence?" Whither shall those of my household flee from Thy presence? Thy presence fills all space. Thy kingdom is within the very consciousness of those of my household, and God is dwelling in His kingdom. Every person in this household is the abiding place of God; his mind is the temple of God; his body is the temple of God; and God is in His dwelling place now. The Spirit of God is the very breath of his being, the very life of his body, and the very intelligence of his mind. God envelops him for God is in him and he is in God. In God's presence is fullness of life, and every individual in this household, being always in the presence of God, is always in the presence of the fullness of life. The place whereon he stands is holy ground. He and his heavenly Father are one and inseparable, indivisible, and he cannot stray from God's presence whether at work or at home. God walks with him and as him; God talks with him and as him.
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Your Loved Ones Spiritually.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:55- 77K
Find Similar Documents
The GIft of Love: Chapter 8, How to Express Love to Your Family
- ~ 8 ~ HOW TO EXPRESS LOVE TO YOUR FAMILY You will know real peace and love in your household only when you tabernacle and commune with the Spirit of God in man. The way is straight and narrow, and few there are who are willing to engage in the practice necessary to attain a consciousness of that Spirit. If you expect a man or a woman to be good, or if you are looking to anyone for honesty, you can be mistaken and disappointed time after time. Furthermore, if you are looking at honest men and women and neglecting to see the Christ in each one, do not think for a minute that here and there one of them is not going to trip you up. If, however, in all your human relationships, you insist on looking through every person to the Spirit of God in him, you will be protected from the evil ones of this world, and none of the weapons that are formed against you will prosper. In the moment that the Spirit of God enters your soul, you see with different eyes, and you lose all sense of male, female, young, old, sick, or well. You see the spiritual identity of all with whom you come in contact and that vision awakens it in them. In your real identity you are the son of God, but this sonship is so dormant in your humanhood that you have lost the awareness and the capacity to behold the Christ in the members of your family. As you attain spiritual discernment and look out and behold the Christ of them, their capacity to sin or to be sick is diminished. Take a five-minute period every day in which you meditate for a different member of your family. Begin with your husband, your wife, one of your children, or one of your parents, but take a different person each day for just five, six, or seven minutes. Wait until you are completely free from other responsibilities so that you can go off into a room by yourself without interruptions from the telephone, radio, television, or guests. Whether the person you have in mind is aware of it or not, you realize that that I, that Spirit of God, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Express Love to Your Family.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:55- 78K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Part 2, Foreword - The Meditation of My Heart
- FOREWORD THE MEDITATION OF MY HEART Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer. PSALMS 19:14 Meditation is an experience, and inasmuch as this experience is an individual one, it can never be confined within the limits of any predetermined pattern. Meditate; pray; dwell in the secret place of the most High in quietness and in peace; and you will discover that the truth you are seeking already abides within you. Christ, the great light, is within you. Christ is the healer; Christ is the multiplier of loaves and fishes; Christ is that which supports, maintains, and sustains; but It is already within you. You will never find health, supply, or companionship by searching for them. These are embodied within you and they will unfold from your within-ness, as you learn to commune with the Father. You can draw on your Christhood for anything, and it will flow out from you to the extent of your realization of this truth. You are self-complete in God. Christ is your true identity, and in Christ, you are fulfilled in all your completeness. In this self-completeness in God, there is only one thing for which to pray; there is only one thing needful-spiritual illumination. Knock, and the door will be opened to you. Ask for spiritual illumination, for the gift of the Spirit, and God will reveal Itself as fulfillment. In moments of uplifted consciousness, the ensuing meditations unfolded from within, revealing the gifts of the Spirit. These meditations follow no established or prescribed pattern, but each one is an expression of the spiritual impulse flowing into form. They are not to be followed slavishly nor are they to be used as a formula. Their only purpose is to serve as an inspiration, so that you may glimpse the beauty and joy of this experience and be encouraged to undertake the discipline required to discover the unplumbed depths of your own within-ness and, in so doing, launch forth into ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... The Meditation of My Heart.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:31- 67K
Find Similar Documents
The GIft of Love: Chapter 7, Children of a Spiritual Union
- ~ 7 ~ CHILDREN OF A SPIRITUAL UNION A man and a woman who marry with the enlightened attitude that the children born to them have a higher destiny than to be born of the flesh alone are recognizing the spiritual truth that God is to appear on earth in another form, that another son of God is to come into expression, not their child, not somebody who looks like them, but somebody who looks like God and acts like God. When two persons unite in marriage in that realization, their children will be born into their Christhood because before conception the parents will know that their coming together is just their part in giving the child visible expression, but will also recognize that no man on earth is its true father and no woman on earth is its true mother. There is but one Father, God; and God is the creator, the maintainer, and sustainer of all. Parents are but the instruments through which God's grace expressed as individual being comes to earth. God is the child's Father and Mother, his creative Principle. Therefore, all that God is and shows forth will become the nature of the child. Once the Spirit of God is universally recognized, there will be a different breed of children brought forth on earth. Children then will show forth not the glory of their human but of their divine parentage, manifested as the grace and capacity of that divine Parent.
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ildren of a Spiritual Union.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:54- 58K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 16, Within-ness
- ~ 16 ~ WITHIN-NESS Are you in the mood to write? Yes? Then, the inspiration will be provided for you, because there is inherent in the human consciousness that which serves when the need arises. What is there in man that writes? What is there in the Soul of man that pushes itself out into manifestation or expression? What is the nature of this infinite source of all knowledge that pours itself through the fingers of men? Is there nothing of this to be known but that it is; that it does force itself into the minds of men and thus gives the world new beauties of thought, new facets of life, new ideals to live up to? The intelligent nature of this fount of all inspiration indicates a definite plan in the progression with which ideas reveal themselves to individual thought. The capacity of man to receive is the measure of his capacity to give, to unfold, reveal, or to write. The creative urge is but the ability to listen to the "still, small voice" of eternal mind, and this "listening" brings forth, likewise, the power of expression. The loveliness of thought unfolded to the world in the writings of the immortals is but the revelation of the harmonies of heaven sent to the hearts of men to lighten the path of human existence. Again, the capacity of men to understand and to appreciate these gems of brilliant thought is the measure of their joy and prosperity in the midst of the mental poverty and earthly sorrow of mortals. "Silver and gold have I none," says the consciousness of perfect being, "but the ideals of eternity I make practical for you in the harmony of your being, therefore, take up that bed of physical and moral infirmity and walk in health of mind and body." "Receive these truths and be free of ignorance, fear and woe," is the invitation of the masters of inspiration.
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...rs_ Chapter 16, Within-ness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:45- 55K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 24, Jesus Founded No Church
- ~ 24 ~ JESUS FOUNDED NO CHURCH Jesus did not found any church. He preached in the Hebrew synagogues and by the wayside wherever he went. He taught from the Old Testament, but he corrected many of the religious fallacies of the time and tried to make the Hebrew synagogues less mercenary. He was not in accord with the Hebrew custom of making doctrine, creed, ritual, and ceremony of importance. He did not believe in their long prayers, the sacrificing of animals, etc., but he did believe in worshiping one God; having no idols; remembering that "I can of mine own self do nothing" 1 . . . "but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works." 2 He did not believe in the old Jewish God, Jehovah, who sat on a cloud, had a long beard, and wore a white robe. Jesus taught that "the kingdom of God is within you." 3 He did not found a new church, but he added love and understanding to the religion he already knew, and this became the foundation of the Christian Church. Whereas, the Old Testament taught "an eye for an eye," the new church taught "love your enemies"; "forgive them until seventy times seven." The Hebrews believed in a God who rewarded good and punished evil; the new dispensation said, "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more." 4 To express it more fully: "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ." 5 Now, it is important that Scientists "agree to disagree" with their former churches, regardless of what the denomination from which they came. Christian Science reaches a higher concept of God than is known in any church. We have left the personal God of all churches and have accepted impersonal truth, principle, mind, as our God. We have left off the old concept of prayer (that of praying to God for health, wealth, etc.) and we have adopted the higher sense of prayer revealed in No and Yes, page 39:17: "true prayer is not asking God for love; it is learning to love, and to include all mankind in one affection. Prayer is the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...24, Jesus Founded No Church.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:47- 78K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 26, Universal and Specific Belief
- ~ 26 ~ UNIVERSAL AND SPECIFIC BELIEF Universal and specific beliefs must be handled until we reach a state of consciousness in which the continuity of good has been realized. Then our mental work will be lessened, as spiritual revelation takes its place. Outside of Christian Science, humans are born, mature, age, decompose, and die. (All in belief, under the mesmerism of the Adam-dream). In Science, we annul the beliefs and claims of mortal existence one by one, as they appear until, in a measure, the ordinary experiences of mortality leave us untouched. There comes a time in our experience when spiritual inspiration reveals to individual consciousness a state of being free of mortal conditions and beliefs. Then we no longer live a life of constant mental denial and affirmation, but rather receive constant unfoldments of truth from mind. Sometimes this comes through no other channel than our own thought. It may come from a lecture, or in a published article, or it may be revealed through a statement in metaphysical writings. Regardless of the channel through which it may come, it is mind revealing itself to individual consciousness. Then, be sure that until this light comes, you handle whatever universal beliefs present themselves to you. As individual consciousness, we contain within ourselves all that is necessary to our well-being. There can be no sense of personal responsibility, when we know that God, divine love, completely provides within us all that is necessary for our unfoldment. As we give up personal responsibility, we receive divine strength, desire, and ability to help all those who for the moment may seem to need us. It is the divine "I or us" that fills the need of the patient, families or friends. Never do they need the personal you or me. As to our being ready to work from the point of spiritual revelation, that is never a matter for human decision. You just work as it comes to you to work, remembering that the human mind is not the healer; that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...iversal and Specific Belief.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:47- 59K
Find Similar Documents