Living Now: Chapter 12, The Revelation of Spiritual Sonship
- ... You can lose anything on the outer plane-your home, business, or bank account-but if you have your contact within, with the only real Substance, eventually all losses will be turned to profit. As you practice this, it will not be long before you discover the wisdom of it. Many persons write to tell how much happier they have been since studying the Infinite Way, even though their income has not increased. Perhaps they are not aware that doctor's bills are less, expenses for amusements have decreased, and money spent for practitioners is less because they have not had to call upon them so frequently. The income may not have vastly increased, but there are many places where money is not being spent. Money now fulfills a higher purpose because they are making contact with the only real substance there is: God. Whatever spiritual inspiration you receive within, adapt it to your human experience. This inner life manifests itself above all things in human relationships and at every level of life. In your conduct and attitude toward the stranger or those closest to you, there must be the same integrity, the same tolerance, the same patience, and the same forgiveness. This does not in any sense mean that you permit yourself to be taken advantage of. Your inner wisdom would quickly remove any such conditions from you. When you lead the contemplative life, you do not live for yourself only. Even if you go off to a cave, multitudes will find you, and through you they will find freedom. When you touch God, it does not mean that you will sit on Cloud Nine. In some measure, you will be called upon for your light so that others may also be set free. As part of the Infinite Way student group, you have a responsibility. You will be called upon to share your light with others. God will not let you store up spiritual treasures for your own benefit. Of those who have much, much will be demanded, and the more treasures you lay up, the more often will you be called upon. If you set ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...lation of Spiritual Sonship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:51- 145K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 8, Message to Teachers on the Spiritual Path
- CHAPTER 8 MESSAGE TO TEACHERS ON THE SPIRITUAL PATH The ministry of Truth tempts many to enter the path to gratify their ego in being known as a practitioner or teacher or lecturer or leader or for some other desire for personal gratification. Be sure you have received the signal within, which is your passport on the journey. The greatest temptation above all others is having one's own concept of Truth. Complete discipleship comes only when all sense of personal knowledge of Truth disappears. While we are on earth, there is never a time when we are outside the range of temptation, because temptation is subtle. It can appear as the desire for prestige, wealth, or fame, or it can appear as the temptation to wield power. Once an individual has been touched by the Spirit, people believe that is not possible for them to sin. That is not true! The Bible is filled with those who succumbed to temptation. There was Judas. There was Lot's wife. There was Peter, who denied the Master. Even Jesus was tempted three times, although He did not succumb to these temptations. The person on the spiritual path, even if he is at the beginner's level, should become conscious of the fact that a wrong done by him or her is far more serious than a wrong done by others. A wrong done under the robe of the Spirit is a crime against the Spirit. There is only one Consciousness, so once God Consciousness has become the consciousness of the teacher and the teacher violates that God Consciousness, the penalty is great. That teacher loses the God Consciousness. It is of utmost importance, therefore, that everyone on the spiritual path, but especially those who would be teachers, maintain at all times a high degree of spiritual integrity. Coming into an Awareness of Spirit Healing work cannot be done with the mind, just as God cannot be reached through the mind. If you knew all the truth in metaphysical textbooks such as Science & Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, or Lessons in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...chers on the Spiritual Path.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:47- 167K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 2, Unfolding Consciousness
- ~ 2 ~ UNFOLDING CONSCIOUSNESS THIS IS A CONTINUATION OF OUR CLASS YESTERDAY, a continuity of unfolding consciousness. We are taking up where we left off, and, as a matter of fact, carrying right on as we will for the rest of the week. When John was in prison he sent word to Jesus: "Art thou he that should come? 1 Is this the promised Messiah?" And Jesus did not tell him that he had been authorized or ordained, or had received a license to be a rabbi. He said, "Go and show John the things you have seen, that the sick are healed." 2 Our only authority for the work we are doing is its result, and that result must be healing, the healing of the problems of human existence! The work of healing through the spirit is never the healing of a body; never the healing of a physical condition. That is the result, but it is not the work. The work is the spiritualizing of consciousness. The work is spiritualizing consciousness, spiritualizing thought, opening consciousness to the receptivity of God. That is the work in healing. In the presence of God there are no problems, and so when you are standing, actually standing, in the conscious awareness of the presence of God, you have no sins or diseases to overcome. Of all of Jesus' statements, the greatest is, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God . . . and all these other things shall be added unto you." 3 Now the kingdom of God, the realm of God, is consciousness. The spiritual atmosphere of God is the kingdom and when you are in the spiritual atmosphere of God, all the harmonies of this world, of heaven and of earth, are added unto you. The subject of healing work is a very interesting one and there are many approaches to this practice, but I can only speak of that which has revealed itself to me. Healing work is accomplished entirely through silence! The treatments, so called, of oral explanation or the written word, are merely little ladders which we use to climb up to the point of silence. Sometimes they are necessary, most often ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 2, Unfolding Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:06- 117K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Spiritual Sense of Truth
- SPIRITUAL SENSE OF TRUTH Psm. 127:1 - "Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it. " REGARDLESS OF the human effort we put into any enterprise, if it is not backed by spiritual awareness, all we can expect from it is limited fruitage. There is a vast difference between statements of truth and Truth itself. A statement of truth is what you declare; Truth itself is what is imparted to you from within your being. Statements of truth are read in books; Truth itself is what you discern between the lines. Shankara, probably 800 B.C., wrote: "If the supreme truth remains unknown, the study of scripture is fruitless; the study of the letter alone is useless; the Spirit must be sought out by intuition." The human mind claims to be a builder, to be a power, claims that it can do things for us. For generations the world has gone on trying to build humanly, and all it has accomplished is limitation. To insure the safety, security and prosperity of our existence, we have to come into the consciousness - the conscious awareness - of the presence of God. Without this awareness, it is just as erroneous to make statements like, "God will help me; God is everpresent and does help me," as it is to forget to make those statements. The statements themselves have no power. The human mind making such statements does not even believe in them. There must be an actual awareness of the presence of God. This must be felt within your own being. "I can of mine own self do nothing" is as high a declaration as can be made. It shows forth the absolute nothingness of even a great man like Jesus. "My doctrine is not mine, but His that sent me"-"The Father within me, He doeth the works"-"Except the Lord build the house"-there must be an actual consciousness of the presence of this infinite divine spiritual Power acting within or really as your being. In Acts 1:21 to 26, we come to a place where Judas has committed suicide and a successor is going to be appointed to fill his ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e_ Spiritual Sense of Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:19- 93K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter IV, The Language of Spiritual Healing
- CHAPTER IV THE LANGUAGE OF SPIRITUAL HEALING Not long ago I talked with an orthodox minister who had just finished reading my book, Practicing the Presence. 1 He had enjoyed it very much, found it challenging; but he added that the language and some of the terms used were new to him. Certainly it is true that, to the reader untutored in mysticism, some terms are incomprehensible; but it must be remembered that mysticism, like every other field of study, has its own specialized terminology. Spiritual healing as taught in The Infinite Way is built around a few words. Before we go on to consider these words, let me explain briefly what The Infinite Way is: It is a spiritual teaching consisting of principles which anyone may follow and practice, irrespective of his religious affiliation. The Infinite Way reveals the nature of God to be one infinite power, intelligence, and love; the nature of individual being to be one with His qualities and character, expressed in infinite forms and variety; and the nature of the discords of this world to be a misconception of God's expression of Himself in His universe. These are universal principles based on the message of the Master, Christ Jesus, who taught that man can realize his oneness with God through conscious communion with God, thereby bringing about peace on earth, harmony, and wholeness. In this new language of spiritual healing, the fint and most important word that must be understood is the little word "as," an understanding of which eliminates forever all sense of duality: God is manifest as individual being. If God is manifest as individual being, there is not God and man; there is not God and you; therefore, there cannot be a person going to God for something. During the years when I was devoting my time exclusively to the healing work, as patients came to me I learned not to see them as human beings, nor to look to a God to patch them up. I saw that everyone who came to me was God appearing as individual being, and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nguage of Spiritual Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:32- 136K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 11, The Allness of God
- ~ 11 ~ THE ALLNESS OF GOD The primary purpose of our work is to bring forth our true identity as Spirit, as God made manifest, as Life, individually expressed in all of life's harmony and perfection. We, in our work, do not attempt just to turn sick people into well people, or poor people into rich people. Improving humanhood is not our main object. The fruitage of our work is improved health and supply, but the improvement of material conditions is not its prime object. These are only the "signs following." The primary object is to reveal God as individual being, to reveal that there are not God and man, but that there is only God, God appearing as individual you and individual me to reveal that "I and my Father are one." 1 There are not both a God and you, but since God is infinite, and God is all, then God must express Itself, manifest Itself, as you and as me. In this oneness, there is no room for sin, disease, lack, or limitation. There is no room for war or for unfair competition. There is no room for the evils of capitalism or the evils of communism. There is only room for the understanding of true being-the understanding of what it means to be God manifested individually, in all of God's glory. You will remember the prayer of the Master: "Father, glorify me with thine own self, with the glory which I had with thee." 2 Think what it would mean if we could stand forth here and now in all of God's glory. Think how impossible it would be to lack anything if we were showing forth the allness of God, if we were showing forth the truth of that statement, "Son . . . all that I have is thine." 3 According to Scripture, it is true that all that the Father hath is thine and mine. Once you and I begin to show forth that allness of God, how impossible it would be for any form of envy, jealousy, malice, or strife to enter into our daily experience. And that is the object of this work. The Infinite Way is not merely for the purpose of setting up better human beings, but to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 11, The Allness of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:28- 128K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Four, "I Am the Way"
- CHAPTER FOUR "I AM THE WAY" One of the most important statements in the New Testament is the passage, "I am the way."1 The incorrect interpretation of these few words has kept the world in spiritual darkness for seventeen hundred years. On his understanding of that one passage hinges man's spiritual darkness or his spiritual enlightenment. That same passage of scripture correctly interpreted, however, can set the world free, but to accomplish this there must be the "ten righteous men" to show forth the correct understanding of the passage by their fruitage. The fruitage of spiritual enlightenment is freedom, peace, abundance-all that the Master meant to convey when he said, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."2 When you personalize these words of Jesus and believe that they refer to a person, you are in spiritual darkness. Did not Jesus say, "I can of mine own self do nothing3. . . . If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true"4? Think of the degree of spiritual ignorance in which a person lives when he worships and prays to someone who frankly, openly, and honestly declares, "I can of mine own self do nothing. . . . If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true"! Rightly interpreted, the words "I am the way" mean what they say. The way, the truth, and the life more abundant are to be found in I-the I that I am, the I that you are, for you have been told that you and your Father are one. It is in that oneness that you find spiritual freedom, spiritual harmony, and spiritual grace, a life "not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit."5 I is the way, and that way reveals that "I and my Father are one6. . . . I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee7. . . . I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world."8 It is in this word I that you find the entire secret of the spiritual message given to the world by Christ Jesus, a message that is destined to set men free and break from them all shackles and all ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter Four, _I Am the Way_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:31- 98K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 2, Unfolding the Healing Consciousness
- ~ 2 ~ UNFOLDING THE HEALING CONSCIOUSNESS WHEN JOHN WAS IN PRISON, he sent word to Jesus, "Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?" 1 In other words, he was asking, "Is this the promised Messiah?" Jesus did not answer him by saying that he had been authorized or ordained or that he had received a license to be a rabbi. He said, "Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see: The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them." 2 The work of healing through the Spirit, however, is never the healing of a body or of any physical condition, even though it appears as the healing of the problems of human existence. That is the result, but it is not the work. The real work is the spiritualizing of consciousness and of thought, and the opening of consciousness to the receptivity of God. The Infinite Way does not teach that there are no human problems: it teaches that in the presence of God there are no problems, and so when we stand in the conscious awareness of the presence of God, there is no poverty, sin, disease, or death to overcome. One of the greatest of all Jesus' statements is, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." 3 The kingdom of God-the realm of God-is consciousness. The spiritual atmosphere of God is the Kingdom, and when we are in the spiritual atmosphere of God, all the harmonies of heaven and of earth are added unto us. There are many approaches to the subject and practice of healing work, but I can speak only of that which has revealed itself to me, which is that healing is accomplished entirely through silence. Treatments, oral explanations, and the written word are merely little ladders which we use to climb up to the point of silence. Sometimes they are necessary; more often they are not. After one has been in this work for a while, it is almost ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...g the Healing Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:42- 115K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 8, The Silence
- ... Our good, which seems to come to us from others, is but the reflex action of the good we have loosed or released into the world. Ah, yes! But what is the nature of the good that we are to release into the world, since it does not necessarily mean the amount we give to charity, or the human service that we give, or the sacrifices we have made for our country or our church? The good that we loose-we on the Spiritual Path-is the amount of truth that we understand about God and God manifest, and this is all summed up in the two great Commandments of the Master. First of all, we must loose or release the realization of the truth that God alone is Mind, that God alone is Love, that God alone is Life, that God alone is the True Being of individual being. This truth must be constant-it must be a constant state of awareness within us. The second Commandment is: "Love thy neighbor as thyself." Here we have many forms of love: first of all, the love that recognizes God as the individuality of all being. Then there is the love that operates as forgiveness, even unto seventy times seven. There is the love that forgives its enemies and even prays for those who despitefully use us. There is the love given in service to our fellow-man, in gifts to the right causes, in benevolences in the right directions-always, of course, when given out of pure love and with no thought of a return. In proportion as these two great Commandments fill our consciousness, we are casting our bread upon the waters and, naturally, this comes back to us in the form of good. Meanwhile, we are faced with all the appearances and personalities of relatives and friends and enemies. We must learn not to re-act, but to realize that any evil that is done will harm only the one who does it. Just as no good can come into our experience except through the good that we send out, be assured that the opposite-the evil or the materialism that we hold in thought-also comes back to plague us, because it is written, ". . . ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ers_ Chapter 8, The Silence.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:54- 113K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter IV, The Journey Within
- CHAPTER IV THE JOURNEY WITHIN The person who is one with God is merely the transparency through which God is living Its life: he does not have a life of his own, a mind of his own, or even a body of his own. His body is the temple of God, and his mind is the instrument of God, the mind which was also in Christ Jesus. That mind can be attained only in silence, not with words or with thoughts, although words and thoughts may be used as a preliminary step in what we know as meditation, which plays a vitally important part in the development of our spiritual life. Without the practice of meditation, a spiritual teaching, whether pursued under the guidance of a personal teacher or through the study of books, descends to a purely mental exercise. Spiritual unfoldment cannot come that way. It is meditation that makes a teaching come alive, because meditation is the connecting link between our outer life and our inner Self, which is God. It is true that in the first stage of our spiritual life the only way we can fill our consciousness with truth is through the mind. That is why in The Infinite Way we do not seek to stop the operation of the mind; we never tell anyone to stop thinking, to make any effort to stop thought, or to try to destroy the thinking mind because the mind is the gateway through which truth finds entrance to our consciousness. The mind is the instrument through which we can become aware of the spiritual wisdom of the ages-Scripture and spiritual literature and teachings. It is through the mind that we discipline the body and that we seek to discipline our thoughts; it is the mind that keeps itself stayed on God; it is with the mind that we think spiritual thoughts; it is with the mind that we ponder the deep things of the Spirit. This pondering, these thoughts and words, we call contemplative meditation. The words may be spoken or they may be thought, but they are only a step leading to meditation itself. Since it is almost impossible for most of us to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter IV, The Journey Within.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:59- 119K
Find Similar Documents