A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XIX, Attaining Divine Sonship
- CHAPTER XIX ATTAINING DIVINE SONSHIP When we have encompassed the First and Second Degrees, a new dimension of life, an entirely different area of consciousness, opens up to us. In that moment there is something within us that is no longer a quotation, an affirmation, or a recalling of truth: it is an experience. We have entered the Third Degree, where we no longer live by the standards of this world, where the values are different, and life is governed not so much by what the outer law is as by what our inner integrity is. It is at this point that we pass from law to Grace. As human beings we live under man-made laws which continue to operate as long as we remain in ignorance, and until we are awakened, we are held in slavery to all kinds of mental and physical laws. As we come to an awareness of a spiritual Presence within us, we gradually become immune to these laws because as we pass into the third stage, the Presence lives our life, and It cannot be influenced, nor can It be acted upon by physical or mental laws: It is immune to them for they are only theories, superstitions, and the universal belief in two powers. In proportion as the son of God is raised up in us, these laws do not operate, and not only are we not receptive or responsive to them, but we aid in nullifying them for others who may come to us. When an immunity is developed to material and mental laws, we live in an entirely different world because then we do not have to take the law into consideration, nor do we have to be concerned about things. Having found the kingdom of God and dwelling in it, something else is taking over the responsibility for our entire experience. The government is on His shoulder, on this divine Son which in the Third Degree is now raised up in us. In our humanhood It was dormant; It stood by and could do nothing. Regardless of what wrong was done to us, we had to resign ourselves to it unless our human wisdom or strength could provide an escape for us, and in most cases ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...X, Attaining Divine Sonship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:00- 97K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Prayer
- Prayer YE ASK, and receive not, because ye ask amiss," says the Apostle James. Have you ever thought of this when you have prayed for some time, and then found no answer to your prayer? "Ye ask amiss." There is the reason. Prayer, when based on the belief that there is a need unfilled, a desire unsatisfied, is never in accord with true scientific prayer. A prayer for God to do something, send something, provide or heal, is equally without power. It is sometimes believed that God requires a channel through which to fulfill our prayer; and this leads us to look outside ourselves for the answer. We may believe that supply can come to us, and therefore we watch for the person or position through which it is to come. We may be depending on a healer or teacher as the channel through which the healing is to come. "Ye ask amiss." Any belief that that which we are seeking is anywhere but within us, within our very own consciousness, is the barrier separating us in belief from our harmony. True prayer is never addressed to a Being outside ourselves, nor does true prayer expect anything from outside our own being. "The kingdom of God is within you," and all good must be sought there. Recognizing God to be the reality of our being, we know that all good is inherent in that Being, your being and mine. God is the substance of our being and therefore we are eternal and harmonious. God is Life, and this Life is self-sustained. He is our Soul, and we are pure and immortal. God is the Mind of the individual and this constitutes the intelligence of our being. Rightly speaking, there is not God and you, but God is ever manifest as you and this is the oneness which assures you of infinite good. God is the Life, Mind, Body and Substance of individual being, therefore nothing can be added to any individual, and true prayer is the constant recognition of this truth. Conscious awareness of our true being-of the infinite nature and character of our only being-this, too, is prayer. In this ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s of Joel Goldsmith_ Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:14- 94K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: The Fourth Dimension of Life
- The Fourth Dimension of Life WHEN THE MASTER, Christ Jesus, says, "I can of my own self do nothing, the Father within me doeth the works," when Paul says, "I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me"-they are revealing the Fourth Dimension of life in which you do not live "by bread alone," nor by personal will, effort or even personal wisdom. There comes a point in your experience when you are not solely you-but in which you are conscious of a Presence within. This point of transition comes when the Presence becomes real within you and takes over your life. From the moment of this transitional experience you do not again take any anxious thought for your life because there is always this IT-this Christ-or divine Presence, and IT brings to you the harmonies of your daily experience. In this transitional experience you pass from being merely a human being, thinking your own thoughts, planning your own life, arranging your own affairs to a place in Consciousness where you really and truly "feel" this inner Presence, and you then live as if you had stepped aside a little-say two or three inches to the side of yourself-and are watching your life being lived for you. If you, at that moment, are in the business world, you will find business coming to you that you were not personally responsible for-that is, you had made no personal effort to secure. If you are an author or composer, you will find ideas flowing, such ideas as you have never dreamed of, flowing to you from within- and you will know that you are not creating them, but they are given you by an inner Grace. If you are in Spiritual Work, the Healing or Teaching Ministry, you will find patients and students being led to you, and all will be spiritually healed and led by the Spirit. Thereby you would understand that "I live-yet not I, but Christ liveth my life. The Father worketh hitherto, and I work." At this point you become the instrument for the operation and activity of divine Consciousness. When the Master ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Fourth Dimension of Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:15- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: June 16, 1963, I-That Is All
- I - THAT IS ALL June 16, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. First of all, to those of you who are here with us today for the first time, may I welcome you for myself and for all of us in this group. You may perhaps know that we of The Infinite Way activity do not advertise or proselyte in any way, and there is a reason for this. We recognize the fact that we really have nothing to give, except to those who are led to receive it. In other words, whether or not you receive anything at all from the message of The Infinite Way is not up to us; it is strictly a matter of your own consciousness. You either recognize, receive, and respond to this message, or you do not. There is no power in the message itself, the power is in your consciousness. If the power were in the message itself, the entire world could be saved. We have been offered a gift of ten million dollars to put this message on television across the whole of the United States, but I cannot accept the gift because I do not believe the message in and of itself has that power. Only the consciousness of the individual is power, and whether a message meets your need depends upon whether or not you are receptive or responsive to it. In the same way we could take the music of Beethoven, Brahms, or Bach, or the literature of Shakespeare. They are masterpieces, but does the world enjoy them? No, only those persons in the world can enjoy them who are responsive to that level of consciousness. To others these masters have no value. We have great religious masters-Gautama the Buddha, Nanak, Christ Jesus-and we have many modern mystics from the 12th century to the present. You will notice that they are not saving the world, but they are contributing towards saving thousands of individuals who can receive them. You who may be young students of The Infinite Way will certainly find us pleasant to associate with, although we are disciplinarians. We have no rules set down for the conduct of others, but we are very ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ne 16, 1963, I--That Is All.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:15- 120K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 5, Hidden Manna
- ~ 5 ~ HIDDEN MANNA Ours is a new dimension. We do not seek the world: we abide at the center of our own being, behold the glory of God, and let the world come to us. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna. Revelation 2:17 "He that hath an ear"-he that hath an inner ear, he that hath a spiritual ear, he that can hear what is not audible-let him hear. Let him hear what the spirit says-not what I say, not what the book says, not what you would like to say to your neighbor, but what the spirit says-"To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna." The whole import of the message of The Infinite Way could well be summed up in that term "hidden manna." Hidden manna! How like that expression is to that other statement of the Master's: "My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you" 1 -not physical health or material wealth, a home or an automobile, not anything that the world gives, but My peace. My peace is something that the world would not recognize if it came face to face with it, and would not realize even if it experienced it. My peace: a peace that comes, not because the body is healthy or the purse is full, not because the home is happy, prosperous, or joyous! No, no, no! My peace is a state of peace that is experienced within, regardless of outside conditions, but which ultimately changes the outside conditions. Here you have a hidden mystery. Peace, such as the world gives, comes to you because of external circumstances or conditions. If you have more health or wealth, a bigger home, or a longer vacation, that may induce a temporary state of peace, but this good that comes to you from the external world today may be taken from you tomorrow. My peace is different from that. My peace is an inflow and an outflow from within your own being, and so it is never dependent on anything: it is self-created, self-maintained, and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ts_ Chapter 5, Hidden Manna.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:40- 111K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 4, The Power of Resurrection
- ~ 4 ~ THE POWER OF RESURRECTION History is filled with accounts of man's attempts to find a power that will be stronger than his fears, and with which he can surmount the fears that make of his life one long nightmare. Every nation has sought to free itself from fear by amassing tremendous concentrations of armaments, but what has been the result of this attempt to settle the world's fears by the use of more and more power? The fears remain, and the enemies! Practically all fears that ever touch an individual, as well as the fears that touch the life of his nation, are related in some way and to some extent to the one word "power": the dreaded power of bombs, the hated power of dictators, or the frightening power inherent in economic cycles. Always there is some power to be feared. Let us suppose right now that we were to withdraw power from the things or persons that we fear, or suppose that we were to withdraw fear from the powers that we fear. Suppose that for just a single moment we could give up the word "power" in thinking of our personal, national, and international relationships. To make this concrete, let us bring it down to ourselves and consider what would happen if you and I determined to live in a relationship in which we never used the word "power," never thought of any power that we have over one another, or of using a power to get our way or to enforce our will. Under such a relationship, I would want to live in harmony with you, and you would want to live in harmony with me, but we would no longer have access to any power. In other words, we would have no way of enforcing our will, desire, or hopes. Where would we be then in relationship to one another, with each of us desiring harmony, peace, joy, and friendship, and yet no longer being able to promise or threaten each other? By withdrawing the word "power" from our experience, and all that it implies, it would seem that we have placed ourselves in an absolutely defenseless position. To continue ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Power of Resurrection.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 142K
Find Similar Documents
Living The Infinite Way: Chapter Three, God Is
- CHAPTER THREE GOD IS Prayer is our contact with God, the infinite Source of our being, of which we can have no actual intellectual knowledge, and for which we have used such terms as Mind, Life, Truth, Love, Spirit, and the Infinite Invisible. God is the only creative Principle of the universe, the creative Principle of all that is; and since this creative Principle operates from the standpoint of supreme intelligence, without beginning and without end, it becomes necessary to know how to make contact or to become one with it. Unless we learn the way, we cannot avail ourselves of the omnipresence, omnipotence, and omniscience of God. Prayer, sometimes called communion, is the avenue through which we make our contact, find our oneness, or realize God. Prayer is the means of bringing into our individual experience the activity, the law, the substance, the supply, the harmony, and the all-ness or that which we call God. This is one of the most important points for all students of spiritual wisdom to know, to understand, to practice, and to live. In understanding the infinite nature of God, we understand the infinite nature of our own being. "I and my Father are one" assures the infinite nature of your being and my being. This fact is not dependent upon one's being a student of truth, but is dependent solely upon one's relationship to God, and that relationship is oneness- oneness. We shall hear much more about that word oneness as we progress. We must accept anything that is spiritually true of any individual, saint or sinner, as being true of you and of me, since the relationship of God to its creation is a universal one. When the Master taught that I and the Father are one, he was very careful to assure us that he spoke of your Father and my Father. He was revealing a universal spiritual truth. What, then, separated the demonstration of Christ Jesus from that of the Hebrew rabbis of his day? Or, what separated the demonstration of the Master from that of his students ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Way_ Chapter Three, God Is.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:56- 92K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 11, Sowing and Reaping
- forgiveness, through praying for the enemy, through loving our neighbor as ourselves, through doing unto others as we would have them do unto us. Thereby we are sowing seeds of love and seeds of truth. In that sowing, the soil is being prepared for spiritual reaping, because with no devil to interfere and no God to give or withhold, we are going to reap what we have sown. Setting in Motion the Law of Love In Christian mysticism, this teaching is called the law of as-ye-sow-so-shall- ye-reap; in Oriental mysticism, it is called the law of karma. They both mean the same thing; the law of cause and effect. The cause that we set in motion through forgiveness ... The law came by Moses, but grace and truth came by the Christian dispensation of Christ Jesus. This means that at any moment that we repent, as we do in meditations of forgiveness, in retracting every bit of erroneous belief we have held about others, and in withdrawing from circulation all hate, envy, jealousy, malice, bias, ... Can you imagine the look in the eyes of the woman taken in adultery as she stood before her accusers, that look directed at the Master that demanded, asked for, and pleaded for understanding and forgiveness, even without saying a word? And the Master answered, "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more." 1 Just her look convinced the Master of her repentance, and the past was wiped out. Instantly! No period of sorrow, no period of grief, no period of going through Hades, but wiped out in a moment, because there was no condemnation, nor is there ever any condemnation from the Christ. There is forgiveness, and with it a warning: "Go, and sin no more." In ... You must find it by realizing that I in the midst of you is the Christ. Loving Restores US to the Divine Consciousness We have prayed spiritually when we have prayed the prayer of love, truth, and forgiveness; and in doing this, we have sown to the Spirit. We have made sure that now we will reap the Spirit. As we sow tonight, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 11, Sowing and Reaping.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:49- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 8, Spiritual Fruitage through Understanding
- Chapter Eight Spiritual Fruitage through Understanding The Infinite Way is a revelation of specific principles, each of which is startling, radical, and so contrary to what has been accepted for centuries that there is little wonder that many do not understand the importance of them, and therefore the fruitage is not forthcoming. So the question must naturally arise: Do I understand the principles of the Infinite Way, and am I practicing them? With the understanding and practice of them will come the realization that is necessary before the student on this path can experience the fulfillment inherent in the principles. Surrendering Concepts Whatever good is to appear in your outer experience must first be experienced within. There can be no change in the outer experience without an inner spiritual experience. There could be some healings of a mental, moral, physical, or financial nature due to the consciousness of a teacher, but that would not really be your demonstration. A teacher is only a help on the way. The real demonstration comes with your own experience, and in the beginning that experience can be difficult, sometimes even painful, because it means the surrender of many preconceived beliefs, opinions, and theories. Conditioned as you and I have been for so many centuries it is not easy to give up our cherished beliefs and to strip ourselves of them. Therein lies the difficulty. Students can accept the new, but they cannot surrender the old; and thereby they set up a warfare within themselves, the warfare between the flesh and the Spirit, which really means a warfare between truth and ignorance. Ignorance is the barrier to the spiritual life, and what a person has accepted in mind, in thought, or in belief constitutes the barrier. So before anything else, the light of truth must have the opportunity of dispelling the darkness, the ignorance that he has held in mind. Seeking Spiritual Fruitage One of the most difficult places in your spiritual journey is to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...itage through Understanding.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:10- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 8, Mind Imbued with Truth
- Chapter Eight Mind Imbued with Truth All spiritual healing depends on the degree of evolved or developed spiritual consciousness that a person has attained. To the medical way of thinking, a man or woman is a physical body, and a physician may go further and acknowledge that the mind has something to do with the body. The general conclusion is that if a person has the right mental attitude along with some medicine, he is going to be made well, which is correct from a materia medica point of view. On the material and mental level of life there must be specific remedies for the discords of sense. When you present yourself to a practitioner, however, he does not examine your mind or your body. Why? He has arrived at a state of evolved and developed consciousness that enables him to see you as you really are: spiritual. And not only are you spiritual but the entire universe, including your body, is spiritual. Because of the practitioner's evolved spiritual consciousness and your making yourself one with it, you respond to that higher consciousness and are lifted above the five physical senses. The Son of God, the Christ, is raised up in you. Material sense drops away, and with it the false images of physical sense which we call disease, unhappiness, or lack. Evolved Spiritual Consciousness Discerns True Being To the evolved and developed spiritual consciousness, you are not seen as a human being made up partly of good and partly of evil, partly of mind and partly of matter. This is because the evolved spiritual consciousness is not looking at your body; it is not looking at your mind: it is communing with you; it knows you as the child of God. Wherever there is an evolved spiritual awareness, there is a discernment of your true being, your true nature, and it is for this reason that healing at the spiritual level is without effort. No suggestions are thrown at you for the purpose of convincing you or changing your state of mind. Spiritual consciousness does not take you ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 8, Mind Imbued with Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:15- 120K
Find Similar Documents