The Heart of Mysticism: February 1956, God is the Soul of Man
- CHAPTER TWO: FEBRUARY God is the Soul of Man How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures. For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light. O continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee; and thy righteousness to the upright in heart. Let not the foot of pride come against me, and let not the hand of the wicked remove me. There are the workers of iniquity fallen: they are cast down, and shall not be able to rise. Psalms 36:7-12 Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday. Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass. Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil. For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth. Psalms 37:1-9 Part One IN order to know God, to understand God, to place your faith fully in Him, it must be understood that God is the Soul of man, and that God is the Soul of you! The grace of God is universal-"for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." Everyone, saint or sinner, has a Soul; and this Soul is pure, never depleted, never lacks, never has been touched or tainted by human thoughts, deeds, or ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...956, God is the Soul of Man.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:59- 139K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: November 1955, Suggestions for Healing Work
- CHAPTER ELEVEN: NOVEMBER Suggestions for Healing Work DURING a trip around the world in 1954, I met with many men who are willing to agree that people with all types and forms of religious backgrounds and teachings, and every method of approach, can unite in the realization of two things: first, the realization of God as individual being; therefore, our conscious union with God, our oneness with the Source of all Good. Second: the prayers of the Church cannot heal. One such man is Brother Mandus, who, after a spiritual experience, found that he was a healer, and who heads the World Healing Crusade which operates in Protestant Churches of all denominations throughout England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Holland. Brother Mandus is convinced that once people know that there is a healing power in spiritual Truth they will no longer be satisfied merely listening to sermons, and that eventually it will become necessary for the ministers of the Churches to attain the healing consciousness which will enable them to "go, and do thou likewise." Fruitage of that already is seen in that many ministers are studying to attain this healing consciousness, and just recently the Church of England held a conference to which all the well-known healers were invited to participate in order that the Church might learn how healing is accomplished. Before our meeting last year, Brother Mandus had read the Infinite Way Writings and wrote me stating how thoroughly in accord he was with that teaching, and how closely it paralleled his own unfoldment. I answered his letter and a correspondence and friendship developed between us. After meeting him I came away with the feeling that Brother Mandus is a. state of realized consciousness-God-consciousness, Christ-consciousness; and that whatever healing he does is not through what he says or how he says it, but through the state of consciousness that he is. Although his Writings would seem strange to us, yet in between and behind it all you can see ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...uggestions for Healing Work.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:09- 133K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 11, Making Your Contact with God
- ... I have received only one grain and there is all the rest of the sand on all the beaches of the world for me to go before I ever get to the place of saying, "Stop, Lord, I have enough." I pray, too, every day: "Give me daily bread." But I don't mean food, I mean more of this light, more illumination, more conscious awareness of God's presence. "Fill me more with the spirit of God. Illumine me." That is what Jesus meant when he said, "Give us this day our daily bread." Asking God to Forgive for Us When the Master prayed, "Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors," 3 it is not likely that he was asking to be forgiven in the way we think of forgiveness. He was probably indicating that we are forgiven as we forgive, and he may have been praying for more grace to be able to give more forgiveness. Well do I remember an experience when I was called upon to rise above a very disagreeable experience concerning one of the students. The hurt was deep for the moment, and it was bad medicine to have to take. In my meditation when the word came to forgive, I answered, "Oh, Father, that's more than I can do. I just haven't risen that high yet. I cannot be that forgiving in this case. I would like to be. Don't think I wouldn't but I'd be a hypocrite if I were to say I have achieved it. But I will tell you what You had better do, Father. You take over and do the forgiving for me because I don't seem to have the ability." And the Father did. Immediately the weight was lifted off my shoulders, and the assurance came that God's forgiveness was right there where I was. That took all the responsibility away from me. It is hypocritical to make absolute statements of truth as if we had already demonstrated them. It is true we must forgive seventy times seven, but that doesn't mean that we are always going to find it easy and sometimes we may even find it almost impossible. If we do find it almost impossible, we will be relieved if we turn to the Father: "I would like to forgive ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...aking Your Contact with God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:35- 116K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 9, Harmony Through Oneness with God
- ... I am also interested in such teachings, and I have been carrying your ad around with me for a whole week, but only today did the urge come to me to answer it." The truth is that probably he had a higher sense of love than she had and was hoping or expecting to carry love to someone who was ready to express love, but not to someone who was just seeking ten dollars a week. This love which you and I are to express cannot be expressed only to one another, for even the scribes and the Pharisees showered love on their families and friends. No, the love that we are called upon to express must be given to our enemies, to those who despitefully use us as well as to those who come within the range of our friendship and our home. The essence of love is oneness with God, and oneness with God makes inevitable the conscious expression of the qualities of God. There is nothing mysterious or occult about this. It is something we can do right where we are-in a bus, an automobile, or on an airplane. As long as we are looking out on this world with love and forgiveness and with joy that all who open their consciousness to the presence of God will in some manner bring It forth, that is all that is necessary. Within us, there are greater capacities for joy than any of us have ever known in the external world. I myself have always been a voracious reader, but today I can find just as great a joy welling up within me as I can find outside in any book. Though I still enjoy good books, I find that if I am in a place where there are no books, all that could be found in books can be found in my individual consciousness. And so you would find it, too. Peace, joy, power! "My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you." 15 Money, home, automobiles, theaters, dances, and good food-that is the kind of peace that we get from the world. But My peace, the peace that I give which the world cannot give, is the peace we are seeking. That is the grace of God, and it is not outside of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ny Through Oneness with God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:44- 120K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 12, Consciousness Unfolding as the Harmony of Our Experience
- ~ 12 ~ CONSCIOUSNESS UNFOLDING AS THE HARMONY OF OUR EXPERIENCE SOME time ago a poll was conducted across the United States on the question of what would contribute the most to peace. Thirty-eight percent of those interviewed felt uniting under one God would do more to ensure peace than a greater stockpile of bombs, more armaments, or disarmament. This indicates the beginning of a change of consciousness, and it is on this that valid prophecies can be made. With thirty-eight percent of a cross section of the population agreeing that spiritual values will do more for peace than atomic bombs, we can be assured that a change of consciousness, which will ensure ultimate peace, is evolving. Nearly every war that has not grown out of business rivalry has resulted from religious differences. Among religious groups, there are those who claim the Hebrews are God's chosen people, the Catholics have the only one true God, and the Protestants have the right way. Always there is the belief there is a God for each religion and this is the one and only God. But when thirty-eight percent of the persons interviewed agree there is only one God, bias, bigotry, and religious differences are being wiped out. The important thing is the recognition that whether we are Occidental or Oriental, white or black, Jew or Gentile, we are worshiping the same God. Then we have universality. Understanding there is but one God changes the nature of the individual. It changes the nature of our relationship with others because the greatest difference has been removed: believing there is one God for you and another God for me. At the beginning of every year, all kinds of predictions are made: predictions as to whether business will go forward or backward, as to the possibilities of peace, as to how the government will function. There are those, of course, who attempt to guess or make predictions based on astrological charts. As a rule, some of these come to pass, perhaps ten, twelve, or fifteen percent ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Harmony of Our Experience.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:10- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 7, Making the Adjustment
- ~ 7 ~ MAKING THE ADJUSTMENT The readers of this book naturally represent varying states and stages of consciousness. Some may be widely experienced in metaphysical work from the standpoint of Christian Science or Unity, some from the standpoint of other metaphysical approaches, and others may be practically beginners and know nothing about the spiritual approach to life. Therefore, it is difficult to reach these different thought patterns and expect all of them to understand the same things in the same way. For that reason, this chapter is devoted to bringing about an understanding of the language used in the Infinite Way. While I do not claim that the truth expressed in the Infinite Way has not at some time or other been included in the teachings of the great sages and seers, it must be recognized that this particular approach-the particular meaning of the truth or the purpose of this teaching-is probably different from almost any other teaching. The Infinite Way stands wholly and completely on the revelation of Jesus as given in the Gospel according to John. There is no deviation from Jesus' teaching in one single particle, nor are we, in explaining or elucidating it, adding to it or taking from it in any way. It is accepted absolutely as it stands in the revelation of Jesus: I am life eternal; I am the way, the truth, and the light. I am the resurrection-not, I will be resurrected, not that there is some kind of a law of God which is going to act upon me, but I am the resurrection. I am the bread-not, I will be supplied with bread, but I am the bread; I am the water; I am the wine. When you stand on that, you stand on the revelation that you are infinite spiritual consciousness, infinite spiritual life itself, and being infinite, all inclusive and including within your own being every activity of Being. God Appears as Individual Being Those of you who are familiar with metaphysical teachings must realize that the Infinite Way is in contradistinction to most of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 7, Making the Adjustment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:17- 129K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: May 5, 1963, The Word Becomes Flesh
- THE WORD BECOMES FLESH May 5, 1963 Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii LAST WEEK IT WAS BROUGHT OUT that when we come to a spiritual teaching, we are really seeking for our own benefit. At first we do not think of our spiritual studies as having anything to do with the world; we are concerned only with what benefits we or our families will receive. This of course is natural and right because, until we ourselves have attained, we have nothing to give or to offer. If we do attain enlightenment, we soon find that it was not given to us for ourselves but for some God purpose. Be assured that whatever you receive from God is never given to you or for your benefit, because God is not so limited or so personal that he would give you a "pearl" just to wear on your finger. No, you will soon discover that whatever gift or grace you receive from God is given to you for a more universal purpose. I will take you back to the day that started me on the spiritual path. It was a day of threatened war that brought to my thought, "Where is God?" I was not religious, remember, but everyone has heard of God and so where in this danger, I wondered, is God? This started a trend of thought that years later ended with the realization, revelation perhaps, that there is no God in the world and there never has been-that God is only where God is realized, and nowhere else. In other words, where was God during all the centuries of the Hebrews' slavery under Pharaoh? Certainly of all people they prayed the hardest, but there was no God to take them out of the horrors of life under Pharaoh. Yet, when Moses attained his realization of God, that is where God entered the scene. In other words, it entered through the consciousness of Moses. Remember that Moses was not seeking God for the Hebrews' sake. No, his was the cry that is in the hearts of so many people: "Oh God, oh God, where art thou?" But you notice that, almost as quickly as he received his illumination, he was given a mission to take the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...963, The Word Becomes Flesh.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:18- 114K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 10, An Idea Whose Time Has Come
- ~ 10 ~ AN IDEA WHOSE TIME HAS COME Truth received and embodied in consciousness eventually becomes known throughout the world without any human effort or human striving. By abiding with truth within oneself, it has a way of establishing itself. This does not always happen as quickly as you might like to have it happen, but you must learn that in the realm of truth "a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past," 1 and one day as a thousand years. There will be periods of thousands of years when little progress seems to be made. Then suddenly more progress is made in one day than in the preceding thousand years. An Idea in Consciousness Must Manifest Itself The process of consciousness coming into expression in changing and better forms is a painfully slow one, and in religion the world has been more backward than in almost any other area of human experience. Until after the middle of the nineteenth century, religion in the Western World was a total state of darkness and ignorance, almost without even the tiniest bit of light. But in the middle of the nineteenth century, some of the Oriental Scriptures were translated into English and German and later into French, although it was in England and in Germany that they took root and the first spiritual light began to dawn. Then, in the United States, there was the period of the Transcendentalists in New England and the founding of Christian Science and Unity. All these were the light casting its shadow into visibility and prophesying things to come. "Nothing is so powerful as an idea whose time has come," 2 and the idea of freedom, liberty, justice, and equality is an idea whose time has come in this age. Colonialism, the holding in bondage of one people over another, has to go. Nothing today can stop the breaking down of racial, religious, and nationalistic prejudice. Unfortunately, the world, not knowing how to achieve this by spiritual means, has had recourse only to the human means of force. To ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...An Idea Whose Time Has Come.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:51- 146K
Find Similar Documents
Living The Infinite Way: Chapter One, The Mystery of the Invisible
- CHAPTER ONE THE MYSTERY OF THE INVISIBLE All through the ages men have sought to understand the mystery of life. They have searched for that something called the secret of life, particularly the secret of success and happiness; and like those who sought for the Holy Grail, they have looked for it every place in the world except where it is to be found. The truly successful people of life are not readily identified because, while it is easy to find the person who has acquired the most millions or the one who has gained the greatest fame in some area, it is not always easy to find those who have attained real success. Success should bring happiness, and especially inner peace and security. True success means something far different from the mere acquisition of things or the attainment of personal power or glory. Spiritual living may carry with it just as much of fame and fortune as material living. These are acquired, first of all, not as the goal, but as the added things; secondly, not from without, but from within through an understanding of their Source. In material living, whatever can be gained from without is of necessity limited, but there is absolutely no limit to the attainment of a person who has discovered the secret of the inner life. Therein lies the difference between material and spiritual living. The secret of the inner life is revealed through meditation, which, in its earliest stages, is an act of conscious awareness whereby we make contact with an area of consciousness within ourselves, which is actually the storehouse of our live. There was a time when man was a pure, spiritual being, when he lived entirely from within himself, when his thoughts always remained at the center of his being, and life flowed out from within. Ideas came from within, means of action came from within, and whenever there was an apparent need, all that he had to do was to close his eyes, go within, and let it come forth into expression. We have no actual knowledge of this ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Mystery of the Invisible.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:55- 105K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 2, Rising into Spiritual Consciousness
- CHAPTER 2 RISING INTO SPIRITUAL CONSCIOUSNESS In our work we do not ask for loyal followers. Certainly I do not want any personal followers, and I am sure that those who get anywhere in this work will never want personal followers. Our only desire must be to share with others whatever God-given Grace we have so that they can find God too. But no one will ever find God by merely following a particular teaching and obeying its rules and regulations. You find God through the study of the letter of Truth combined with meditation, prayer, and a very humble desire to know God, "whom to know aright is life eternal." There have been Catholic mystics, Protestant mystics, Christian Science mystics, Unity mystics, and New Thought mystics who knew God aright. In any one of their teachings, there is enough Truth and light to lead you to the Kingdom of God although there are many errors in them. It makes no difference whether you are an Infinite Way student, a Christian Scientist, or some other. You will achieve results even if you are following a teaching that is not entirely correct in its statements of Truth as long as you are not merely concerned about glorifying the teaching. Any teaching must be considered only as an aid in your search for the light of revelation. Do not follow a teaching just to be thought of as some kind of loyal follower of the teaching or of the teacher. All you have to be concerned with is knowing God aright and with your relationship with God, and staying with it through the trials and tribulations until it brings you to the spiritual experience of knowing God. When that experience takes place, you will lose all anxiety and fear for yourself. Fear and responsibility will drop away. Your supply will begin to flow without your taking thought for your life. You will no longer have to support yourself by physical or mental means. You will know that you are the same infinite spiritual being that you now are no matter whether you are sick or well, or dead ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nto Spiritual Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:45- 127K
Find Similar Documents