Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 1, The Atheism of Material Power
- ~ 1 ~ THE ATHEISM OF MATERIAL POWER FEAR grips humanity because fear, implanted in the mind of man, has made man forget God is the life of man and that life cannot be destroyed, not by a bomb or by the will of tyrants. Mesmeric world suggestion makes man think he has a life of his own and it can be lost. Humanly, this is true. Spiritually, under the Christ, it is not. The Master let his human life be taken, and then he proved that neither his life nor his body could be destroyed. Neither our individual life nor our body can be destroyed by human will or deed when we know the truth about life. In the London blitz during World War II, one couple agreed that because they had accepted God as their life, their safety, and their security, they would not build a bombproof shelter as had all their neighbors. Each evening when the blitz began and their neighbors went to their shelters, they volunteered for fire watch and walked up and down the streets. Not only were they not touched, but neither was their home, even though all around it there was great destruction. It did not come near their dwelling place for the simple reason that their dwelling place was not London, a house, or a bombproof shelter. Their dwelling place was God; they lived and moved and had their being in God. "The Lord is my rock, and my fortress." 1 Many persons believe that means God will send them a brick or cement fortress. It does not mean that at all. It means what it says, that it is God in whom "we live, and move, and have our being." 2 But the human race has cut itself off from that fortress of God by seeking safety and security in pieces of matter. BEING A DISCIPLE OF THE CHRIST The disciples of the Christ were imprisoned, but they walked out of prison with an angel ministering to them. 3 The disciple of the Christ, who does not believe safety, security, health, and harmony are to be found in pieces of matter, mounts the cross and rises out of the tomb. That individual, reborn of the Spirit, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Atheism of Material Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 133K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: May 1955, The Comforter
- CHAPTER FIVE: MAY The Comforter "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?" (I Cor. 3:16.) THE time is approaching when the world will be so filled with the conscious realization of the Presence of God that all evil or error will be dispelled by the very presence of man. The great secret of life is this: God is incarnated in man. God is manifest as man. God is in the midst of you-". . . the place where thou standest is holy ground." There is just as much of God in you, right where you are, as there would be if the heavens could open and God Itself come into you. If this were not true Jesus could not have healed, neither could the disciples nor the apostles, nor the metaphysical and spiritual practitioners of this day. You are divine, because the Spirit of God is manifest as your very being. God has embodied Itself as your Soul, Mind and Spirit. God, in Its essence, is invisible, God, in Its expression, is visible as you and as me. In the days of old the Hebrews thought the Messiah was a man, but the One whom they thought was the Messiah said, "Before Abraham was, I am." Messiah is the Spirit of God in man, and the Hebrews who prophesied the coming of the Messiah were absolutely correct, except that they put it in time and space. The Messiah does not come in time and space: It comes in consciousness. The Christ, or Messiah, is born when you recognize the Presence of the Spirit of God in you. Never is this external: always it is within you, but the effect is external. Love goes before you and is felt by all whom you touch. "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you . . . I will send him unto you." The Comforter is your divine state of consciousness; that area of your consciousness which is the Christ, the Spirit of Truth the Savior, the Messiah. All of this is within you, and the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...sm_ May 1955, The Comforter.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:07- 133K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: March 1955, Protection
- CHAPTER THREE: MARCH Protection IN the material sense of life, the word "protection" brings up the thought of defense or armor, a hiding place from an enemy, or some sense of withdrawal from danger. In the mental sciences, protection refers to some thought or idea, or some form of prayer that would save one from injury or hurt from an outside source. In the use of the word "protection" thought is immediately drawn to the fact that existing somewhere is a destructive or harmful activity or presence or power, and that protection, by word or thought, is a means of finding security from this danger to one's self or one's affairs. In The Infinite Way we have learned that God is One: therefore, God is one power, and we live in that conscious One-ness. The moment the idea of God as One begins to dawn in consciousness we understand that in all this world there is no power and no presence from which we need protection. You will see this as you dwell on the word "Omnipresence," and realize that in this All-presence of Good you are completely alone with a divine harmony-a harmony which pervades and permeates consciousness, and is in itself the All-ness and the Only- ness of Good. Ponder this idea and meditate upon it, and note how the revelation and assurance comes to you, within your own being, that this is true: there is but One, and because of the nature of that One there is no outside influence for either good or evil. There is no presence or power to which to pray for any good that does not already exist as Omnipresence, right where you are. In your periods of communion note the assurance that comes with the realization that God alone is, and that God's Presence is infinite. There is no other power; there is no other Presence; there is no destructive or harmful influence in any person, place or thing; there is no evil in any condition. God could not be One and yet find an existence separate and apart from that One. God alone is being-think of that, God alone is Being. How ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ism_ March 1955, Protection.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:06- 131K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 11, Consciousness
- ~ 11 ~ CONSCIOUSNESS All that exists in the objectified realm is the creation or emanation of consciousness. Consciousness is the basic substance from which all manifestation issues forth. All that is, is the expression or formation of consciousness. It is consciousness that is the creative and governing principle of all forms and expressions, whether animate or inanimate, and which maintains and sustains its creation now and forever. We must learn to view life from this standpoint, and then we will not too highly value anything in the manifested or objectified universe, knowing as we do, that the power of manifestation and jurisdiction is not in the objectified realm, but in the consciousness which has objectified itself as the universe. "Destroy this temple, and in three days I (consciousness) will raise it up." 1 As there can be but one intelligence, one consciousness, it is your consciousness which is continually creating and re-creating your world, your experiences, your activity, your supply, and your environment. Your consciousness is the principle of your universe, and your universe is harmonious and successful in proportion to your realization of this truth. Conscious thought is not God, is not creator. Conscious thought is but the tool with which consciousness operates. "Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?" 2 Taking thought is not the way of consciousness. Affirmations and denials are in the realm of human thought and do not express Deity. Consciousness alone is God. However, it is made known to human sense through thought, but thought itself is not the actor. It is the activity through which we become aware of the action and its effects, which is creation. We must realize that our existence is the continuous and harmonious expression of spirit only in the degree that we learn to "be still," learn to "take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on." We must "consider the lilies" ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 11, Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:44- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 7, The Power to Become the Son of God
- ~ 7 ~ THE POWER TO BECOME THE SON OF GOD Life is a matter of individual demonstration. Hundreds of persons may be exposed to the same truth, but only a few will benefit from it. The words each person reads may be the same, and the consciousness back of those words the same, but the difference lies in individual receptivity and individual responsiveness to the spiritual word. The benefit derived by any person results by virtue of some active receptivity within him. Those of you who have had experience in the healing work must realize this. If ten patients come into your orbit in a single day and you give the same degree of integrity to each one, the same understanding, consciousness, and faithfulness in treatment, one of them may receive an instantaneous healing; three, very quick healing; three, long drawn out and protracted healing; and others, no healing. Why is that? In every case, the treatment was equally able and faithful, so what is the difference? The difference is in the degree of spiritual receptivity in the consciousness of the person who is seeking your help. He may have it in great or slight degree, or he may have no spiritual receptivity whatsoever. That is no reason for criticism or praise because no one is responsible for the degree of his receptivity or spiritual integrity. That is a matter over which he has no control. Some people have come into this world more spiritually blessed and more spiritually receptive than others, whereas some have come into this world more materialistically inclined, and they, therefore, will have a greater struggle developing the necessary spiritual receptivity and responsiveness. When a practitioner begins to work with a patient or student, it is not possible to know whether he will have an instantaneous or a slow healing because the practitioner does not know the factors that are involved. He does not know what there is in the patient's consciousness that may be blocking the message or preventing the spiritual ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er to Become the Son of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:57- 128K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 5, The New Dispensation of Prayer
- ... The outer self and the inner Self are one, but the inner Self is greater than the outer self. When our conscious thinking is stilled, then our inner Self, the divine consciousness, the spirit of God, can speak, live, think, and act through us. We live; yet there is a Spirit within us that also lives. There is an indwelling Spirit that performs those things that are given us to do. It perfects that which concerns us, but It cannot come into our experience while we are thinking and talking or trying to persuade, influence, or bribe God. Opening Ourselves to God's Guidance and Government God will not respond when we tithe if our tithing has an ulterior motive. We cannot sacrifice, we cannot bribe, we cannot influence God in anyway. We can only be still! It makes no difference if we are in sin. Never for a moment does that stop the activity of God. On the contrary, that is more apt to bring it into expression. God has more pleasure in the lost sheep that is found than in the ninety-nine that were not lost. Part of the Master's mission was the forgiveness and healing of sin. Is it not usually some sin, disease, or lack that compels us to admit," My way has not been sufficient. This human way of life has not done me much good." It is very much like the person who said to me, "I do not believe in God. Just look at my life and see if you could believe in God." My response was, "You are proving definitely that you do not believe in God: you do not have a trace of God's influence in your life, do you?" "No." "So you do not believe in God. How, then, are you going to have God in your life? Do you expect God to knock you down and make you unconscious and then deliver His good to you when you cannot refuse it?" We are closing ourselves to God, more or less, all the time, and then complaining that God is not doing anything for us. This is not our fault. It is because we have been taught to believe that prayer is something we do and that it consists of words and thoughts, whereas ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... New Dispensation of Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:36- 119K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 6, What Have You in the House?
- ... I have God in my consciousness. I have the kingdom of God within me. I have the grace of God within me, and wherever I go I have that to give. I need never open my mouth. I can keep as silent as I want to be, and yet I can be a blessing wherever I am by the recognition that the presence of God is with me wherever I am, and that presence of God is a benediction to all whom I meet. We must be very sure that we want that presence of God to be a benediction to our enemies as well as to our friends. We have to be sure that we want that presence of God to prosper everyone equally. They will not all prosper equally, because they will not all open their consciousness to it, but we have to want it for them; we have to pray for our enemies; we have to forgive seventy times seven. It makes no difference whether they accept it; it makes no difference whether they know it. We are making our demonstration at this moment, and that demonstration calls for what we have in the house, and we have to give it: we have forgiveness and we have love; we have sharing; we have praying for the enemy; we have praying for our friends; we have the kingdom of God within us. Sharing Material Good The sharing of our material good is especially important to the persons who have such a fear of the lack of money that they hoard it. For them it is a very good thing to be compelled to break loose and begin giving and sharing, because they may have been making a God out of hoarding their possessions, and as long as they are doing that they cannot expect to make spiritual progress. The giving of our material goods is really the least of the spiritual graces. If there is somebody who is fearing to give up those last few drops of oil or that last bit of meal, then it is good that in some way or other he be compelled to give. Many years ago a very successful and prosperous practitioner had a patient come one day and ask for help. She told the practitioner that she was not in a position to pay for it, and the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...What Have You in the House_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:23- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 3, The Principle of Contemplative Meditation
- CHAPTER 3 THE PRINCIPLE OF CONTEMPLATIVE MEDITATION Most religious teachings tell us that the Spirit of the Lord is everywhere. If that were true, everybody would be free, healthy, wealthy, independent, joyous, and harmonious, and there would be no slavery, bondage, lack, or limitation. But that is not the condition of the world, so that teaching cannot be true. It is like saying that electricity is everywhere. However, until it is connected to your particular use, it does you no good. So it is with the Spirit of the Lord. In an absolute spiritual sense, the Spirit of the Lord is everywhere; but if you do not realize God, if you do not make contact with God, if you do not feel the actual presence of God, then as far as you are concerned, it is not there. The Infinite Way principle is that the Spirit of the Lord is only where it is realized. God-Realization The whole secret lies in the word consciousness. If you are conscious of the presence of the Lord, if you are conscious of the activity of God, then it is so unto you. To develop this consciousness we meditate or reach out to practitioners for help. Until we ourselves have realized the Spirit of the Lord, we turn to a practitioner who has the capacity (either inborn or developed) to realize God. If you can contact the consciousness of a Jesus Christ or of a John or of a Paul, your troubles are over and harmony is instantly restored to you because you have touched the consciousness of one who has attained God-realization. It makes no difference whether the practitioner is an Infinite Way student, a Christian Science student, or a Unity student as long as the practitioner is of a realized God- consciousness. On the other hand, if the practitioner is not of realized God- consciousness, regardless of what teaching he or she follows, you will get no benefit except possibly a little human comfort. You will have no demonstration of health, harmony, wholeness, completeness, or perfection. The Infinite Way practitioner has ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...of Contemplative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:38- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 11, Awake Thou That Sleepest
- ... Just multiply the human relationship existing between almost any two persons, and then you will find of what the human world consists, and you will also know that there is no solution to these cleavages on the human plane because always one will be seeing what his rights are, and the other will be seeing his rights. One will be seeing his privileges, and the other will be seeing the other's duties, and so there is no coming together. The solution lies in spiritual means. As you begin to see that "man, whose breath is in his nostrils" is not a reality or an evil but an illusion, and that actually there stands the Christ, as you begin to understand the spiritual nature of individual being, you will begin to see a change in relationships, even if in the beginning it is only on the side of the one who has caught the first glimpse of spiritual light. Then you will find less antagonism, less greed, less anger, less fault-finding, and less of the negative qualities of humanhood. It would be an utter impossibility for one individual to live consistently in a consciousness of love and forgiveness and not have the other eventually respond in some measure-or be removed and leave room for someone else to come in, in harmony, in peace, with the new dimension, the Christ. When you see this universe from the standpoint of Christ as individual being, when you look through the appearance to the reality, letting every opinion, thought, and conviction stem from God, then the world will begin to come to you in this new dimension, perhaps not entirely because there still is plenty of hardened thought in the world, but that is not your concern. Your concern is that you begin, and since you and I are of the household of God, and we have caught a glimpse, at least, of true being, we are the ones who must do this in our own way. The truth is that we have no choice in the matter. We are the ones who must do it, and we are the ones who must continue to do it because of the measure of grace ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...1, Awake Thou That Sleepest.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 116K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter XIII, Fear Not
- CHAPTER XIII FEAR NOT Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed: for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. ISAIAH 41:10 Fear not: "There remaineth . . . a rest to the people of God," a rest from anxious thought-taking, a rest from fear, a rest from doubt and concern. In this state of rest, the power of grace descends and the presence of God flows into immediate expression as our experience. Receive the gift of God without labor, struggle, or strain. In quietness and confidence, in a resting from anxiety and fear, let God reveal Itself. Let God express Itself. Let God live our lives. Let there be no more "I" or "you" separate and apart from the Father, but let the Father be our life. In conscious union with God, the mind rests. The human mind is no longer concerned with the problems of today or tomorrow, because the Soul's union with God-the conscious realization of God-reveals God as the fulfillment of every need even before the need is apparent. Concern, fear, and doubt vanish in the midst of fulfillment; the true meaning of the words, "Fear not," is revealed. In conscious union with God, the mind of God functions as our mind, as our experience, and as our life. Then the human mind rests and performs its proper function as an avenue of awareness. This state of rest is an inner peace which is not attained by anything in the realm of effect. Even a thought or a statement of truth is an effect, and that is why using the mind to repeat stereotyped statements about God often does not induce peace. It is not thoughts about God that result in answered prayer. Thought about God is not the creative principle of the universe: God, Itself, is the creative principle and God is known only when the human mind is at rest. God is the consciousness of individual being; therefore, infinity is the measure of that being. Nothing can be added to you; nothing can be taken from you. No good can come to you; no evil ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ion_ Chapter XIII, Fear Not.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:30- 93K
Find Similar Documents