Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 2, The One Great Demonstration
- ~ 2 ~ THE ONE GREAT DEMONSTRATION Learning the importance of meditation is one of the first requisites in the development of spiritual awareness. Regardless of our intellectual capabilities or the amount of reading or listening we may do, our spiritual capacity expands only in proportion to our ability to meditate. This spiritual awareness is developed in silence, not in thinking, in listening, or in reading. More of it can be developed in one minute of silence than in twenty-four hours of reading. For this reason, reading and studying are but tools which we use to enable us to reach that inner silence known as meditation. As we meditate and open this inner Soul or spiritual faculty, we shall not only understand things that we knew about and never before understood, but things that we may never even have heard of before. In the stillness and quiet of the silence, we are able to receive what cannot be heard through the ears. The more often we meditate-not the length of time in any one period, but the number of times in each twenty-four hours, even if each time be only one minute, or two or three-the more rapidly will our spiritual awareness be developed, and spiritual harmony brought into our experience. When our eyes are closed and we are in the darkness within, we find the entire kingdom of God there, ready to pour itself into our mind, our body, our home, our business, and even into our purse. With eyes closed, our attitude is one of receptivity as though we were inviting God to speak to us, or as though we were inviting the spirit to flow forth through us. Our part is to remember that the fullness of God is within us, and as we are still, the spirit makes itself manifest in our experience. Infinity Is the Measure of Our Being The first and greatest principle of The Infinite Way, the principle upon which its entire activity has been founded, is that God constitutes individual being, your being and mine. God is the mind of me, the life, the Soul, the spirit, and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...The One Great Demonstration.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:56- 128K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 10, The Ministry of the Christ
- ~ 10 ~ THE MINISTRY OF THE CHRIST We should never undertake anything, even so unimportant a thing as going to the corner for a loaf of bread, without first making our conscious contact with God. The reason is that while we may seem to be out only for the purpose of buying a loaf of bread, we, actually, may be out on some God-mission without knowing it. If we have not made our contact, we may never know what that mission was and so fail to recognize an opportunity to lend ourselves consciously to this work. Nothing is ever what it appears to be in the human picture. We often think that we are doing something for a normal, natural, human reason and, later on, find that this was not at all the real purpose of what we did. The human reason is sometimes only the decoy that sends us on the real mission, and the true purpose was perhaps not apparent to us at all. We should know by now that as human beings, we are only a transparency for the Divine. Actually, our purpose in studying spiritual wisdom is to find out, through meditation, what the spiritual plan is, and what our part in it is. As we make our contact, we become the visible transparency for the inner, divine, spiritual plan. Then, God, infinite Spirit, is able to use us and to manifest Itself as our individual being, working out Its plan on what we humanly call the earth. It is the earth, but it is more than just the earth: It is both heaven and earth. Heaven and earth are not two different and separate places, except in the human sense of time and place. Reality knows no such thing as "time," no such thing as "place." Time is really now; place is here. Whether or not this earth is a hell or a heaven is dependent upon your view of it, because where some find heaven, others find hell. Some of us find enjoyment in many places right here on earth; others find suffering in the very same places. It is all in the point of view, in the attitude of the individual. Heaven is not a place, and hell is not a place. They are ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... The Ministry of the Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:30- 130K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 7, Living Divine Sonship
- ~ 7 ~ LIVING DIVINE SONSHIP The word "consciousness" sums up the teaching of the Infinite Way. It is what we are conscious of that operates in our experience as law. "Ye shall know the truth," 1 and then the truth functions as the law. "Come out from among them, and be ye separate" 2 -give up ignorance and superstition. The Infinite Way teaches that there is only one power, and that we are never to use one power over another or to protect ourselves from a power. Our protection is the realization of our Self as the only power. When we make the statement that God is the only power, unless we realize that the God we are talking about is the I of our own being, we can be led into the false hope that there is some God out in space who can be prevailed upon to protect us. There is no such God. There is no God protecting anyone because there is nothing to be protected from. If we want to be free, we have to leave "this world" and enter God's kingdom. Only in proportion as we can recognize the impersonal, universal nature of error and then realize it as nonpower, only then are we protected, and only then can we do healing work. There is no God and disease. There is only God, and every thing that happens to us as sin, disease, lack, or limitation is an appearance. The recognition of that truth destroys the appearance. God Constitutes Individual Being "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." 3 In the presence of God, there is liberty. In that Presence, there is no entity called sin, disease, or false appetite. We do not heal them: they are illusory concepts, but the illusory concept is always in the mind. There is no such thing as an externalized illusion. When we know the truth, the illusory concept is gone, but nothing has really gone with it. Sin and lack do not go anywhere. We merely prove that they were not there. It is on this point that many metaphysicians lose their way. They believe God is some sort of a power that they are going to use over ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 7, Living Divine Sonship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 136K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 19, The Infinite Invisible
- ~ 19 ~ THE INFINITE INVISIBLE Meditation is our preparation for the inflow of the Spirit. It is the period during which we realize our oneness with the Infinite. That realization gives us the very presence of Spirit, Itself, with which to face the day. We have been inclined to believe that since God is omnipresent, always and everywhere present, that that is all there is to spiritual living and to the assurance of God's being at hand. But any such assumption is contradicted by a study of the history of the world. The omnipresence of God is of no avail to any one except in proportion to his conscious oneness with it, his conscious attunement, his conscious feeling and realization of it. Without that we go out on the street as human beings: we may reach our destination or we may not; we may catch cold or we may not; we may get sick or we may not. All these things are happening to people all over the world; but they are happening to people because they are going out into the world without making a conscious contact with the infinite Source, with the infinite Power. The promise is: "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High" 1 - dwelleth, dwelleth, dwelleth in the secret place of the most High. He who dwells there, he who lives and moves and has his being in Spirit, is protected from the so-called evils of the world. "Pray without ceasing." 2 Go into the inner sanctuary and there find your communion or oneness with God. A study of scripture on the subject of prayer will show you how important prayer is; and then a study of modern metaphysical writings will show you the nature of prayer. I suppose we know more about prayer in this age than did most of those who were responsible for writing the Bible; at least, we know more about how to reveal the nature of prayer. Many of them may have known about true prayer within their own being, but their concept of prayer, praying to God for something, has not done the world much good. The modern idea of prayer, which is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 19, The Infinite Invisible.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:30- 129K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 3, God Revealing the Infinity of Being
- ~ 3 ~ GOD REVEALING THE INFINITY OF BEING The words of wise men are heard in quiet more than the cry of him that ruleth among fools. Ecclesiastes 9:17 We are surrounded at all times by what Scripture calls "angels," which hover about us always. Within us are those divine ideas or spiritual impulses which guide, lead, and direct us, even though as human beings we are not aware of them. As human beings, brought up with the ordinary church experience or with no church at all, we are not aware of the fact that we are constantly under divine government, divine guidance. In reality we are under the law of the Spirit of God, and under the spirit of the law of God. In practice, we walk around like the Prodigal, thinking, "I, of mine own self, am something and I am going out into the world to make a name for myself, to earn a living for myself, and to become something great of and by myself." Thereby, we set up a counterfeit identity and develop concern about the health, wealth, success, and contacts of this counterfeit identity. Yet, all the time, even though probably we have never thought of it, we have been completely surrounded by an atmosphere of love and completely enveloped in divine Being. As a matter of fact, we are divine Being. We are the Father-consciousness Itself, but we have walked about in the world, believing that consciousness to be something small, finite, insignificant, and unimportant. The purpose of this ministry is to bring us back to the Father's house, back to a consciousness of the presence and power of God. We are in this work but for one purpose-to be led back to the kingdom of our own consciousness in which God is manifested as divine wisdom, as divine love, as life, truth, permanence, immortality, and eternality. Synonyms for God For a moment, let us consider the synonyms for God, taking just a few with which we are familiar. We know God as infinite being, and therefore, we take each of the synonyms for God as representing the allness and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...aling the Infinity of Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:29- 146K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 11, The Allness of God
- ~ 11 ~ THE ALLNESS OF GOD The primary purpose of our work is to bring forth our true identity as Spirit, as God made manifest, as Life, individually expressed in all of life's harmony and perfection. We, in our work, do not attempt just to turn sick people into well people, or poor people into rich people. Improving humanhood is not our main object. The fruitage of our work is improved health and supply, but the improvement of material conditions is not its prime object. These are only the "signs following." The primary object is to reveal God as individual being, to reveal that there are not God and man, but that there is only God, God appearing as individual you and individual me to reveal that "I and my Father are one." 1 There are not both a God and you, but since God is infinite, and God is all, then God must express Itself, manifest Itself, as you and as me. In this oneness, there is no room for sin, disease, lack, or limitation. There is no room for war or for unfair competition. There is no room for the evils of capitalism or the evils of communism. There is only room for the understanding of true being-the understanding of what it means to be God manifested individually, in all of God's glory. You will remember the prayer of the Master: "Father, glorify me with thine own self, with the glory which I had with thee." 2 Think what it would mean if we could stand forth here and now in all of God's glory. Think how impossible it would be to lack anything if we were showing forth the allness of God, if we were showing forth the truth of that statement, "Son . . . all that I have is thine." 3 According to Scripture, it is true that all that the Father hath is thine and mine. Once you and I begin to show forth that allness of God, how impossible it would be for any form of envy, jealousy, malice, or strife to enter into our daily experience. And that is the object of this work. The Infinite Way is not merely for the purpose of setting up better human beings, but to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 11, The Allness of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:28- 128K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 8, Infinite Way Protective Work
- Chapter Eight Infinite Way Protective Work Until this past century the knowledge of the source, cause, and nature of evil and how to free oneself from it was not available to seekers. Heretofore the church had encouraged its people to pray to God to keep them safe while driving on the road or traveling in the air. Such prayers have not been effective, nor have prayers to God for the safety of their children at the front in wartime while they were being shot at or shooting at others. This failure to receive answers to prayers is due to the fact that religious teachings have not understood the nature or the cause of error and the protective work necessary to free oneself from it, all of which is incorporated in the message of the Infinite Way. There is no use in praying to God to give or to perpetuate our health, our wealth, our safety, or our security. There have been too many good people as well as bad people, religious people as well as irreligious people who have discovered that praying to God for their health does not give it to them unless they find the right doctor and can afford his services. The Three O's Are the Assurance of Safety When we discover and understand the meaning of omnipresence, omniscience, and omnipotence, we will have found the secret of safety and security. Because of omnipresence, can we ever be outside the presence of God? If we go up to heaven, He is there; if we go down to hell, He is there; and if we "walk through the valley of the shadow of death,"1 He is there. We are never outside the presence of God. The God that is omnipresent is also omniscient, all-knowing and all- wisdom, and knows our need before we do, making it unnecessary for us to pray for anything. Here where we are-up in an airplane, down in a submarine, or on the battle front-here where we are is omnipresence, and the nature of omnipresence is omniscience, all-knowing and all-wisdom. Omnipresence which is all-wisdom is omnipotent and all-power, so where we are there is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nfinite Way Protective Work.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:57- 125K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 6, When We Are Tempted To Argue ...
- VI when we are tempted to argue or fight: "don't fight 5!" A S LONG AS there are persons fighting evil conditions, there will be evil conditions to fight because the mind that believes in two powers is still creating conditions of good and evil. Only when we withdraw power from them, when we cease fighting them, will these evil powers cease to be. The moment that you can be tempted to fight a person or a sin or a disease, you are engaged in a battle that, in the end, will destroy you. Why? Because in and of itself, it has no power, but you are giving it the power against yourself. We may be confronted with evidence of misunderstanding, hate, envy, jealousy, or malice. What difference does it make? It's an appearance. And right where the appearance would seem to be, God is. God is. God is. God is. God is all that we deal with. We do not deal with beliefs, with persons, or with conditions. We deal only with the word "God." In illustrating this, I have brought to your attention these beliefs which appear to us as appearances, which ordinarily we would seek to overcome through God, through treatment, and prayer. But don't make that mistake. Don't try to overcome material law, mental law, moral law, any law. Always recognize that you are dealing with one law. Anything else may be there as an appearance, just as 2 x 2 is 5 may pop up in your checkbook some month, but that doesn't mean you have to believe it. It isn't true, and you don't have to work against it. You have to merely recognize that 2 x 2 is 4, and the 5 goes of its own accord. Don't fight that 5! Don't try to overcome it. Don't set up mental warfare against it. Just recognize 4, and 5 will disappear of its own accord. As you recognize spiritual law as the only law, all other claims of law disappear. So it is that we in The Infinite Way have left behind the theological belief that there is a God-power that does things to error or evil, a God-power that fights the devil or fights sin or fights disease, and we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 6.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 103K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 9, Cast Thy Bread on the Waters
- ... Everyone Has Something To Give There never has been an excuse for continued poverty, for lack or limitation. Look out at this world and see how much wealth there is on every hand. Many persons do not think so, but there is only one reason they are not expressing abundance. They are not giving enough, or they would be partaking of that wealth because nothing can be withheld from those who give. Lack or limitation is the experience of those who for one reason or another withhold or who accept the belief that they have nothing to give. There is no one who has nothing to give. Everybody can give forgiveness; everybody can give companionship; everybody can give some unselfed service. I do not mean service to your family. There is nothing unselfed or giving about that. That is personal and selfish, for your own good. I am talking about impersonal giving, impersonal service. With the exception of those who have been hospitalized with a long costly illness, there is no one in the world who ... You came into this world with nothing, and whatever comes to you comes from God, and whatever you have to give, share, and pour out is from God's storehouse, not from yours! Once you begin to perceive this, you will never be satisfied to tithe merely ten percent. It will increase to fifteen percent, twenty, and twenty-five percent, until the day comes, as it has already come in the experience of some persons, that you may be tithing eighty percent. God's law is giving; God's law is outpouring; God's law is expressing. You are violating God's law when you fail to do that. I am not referring only to money. Money is but one of the facets. Pour out forgiveness; pour out understanding, cooperation and, above all, be sure that you are not seeking to get something. You have to learn to do whatever you are doing without ever entertaining the thought of a return. In marriage a husband usually contributes one thing and a wife some other thing. It is a mutual giving. Everyone has a different idea ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ast Thy Bread on the Waters.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:37- 122K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 13, Mysticism
- ... I personally believe that. I believe that since life is eternal, we have always lived, and inasmuch as we have always lived, we must have lived in, or out of, some particular state of consciousness, and therefore some people are very, very much further developed than others. For example, suppose you, who have reached at least a high enough state of consciousness to be reading and studying truth, were at this moment to pass on. You would not find yourself having to experience all the things you had to go through before you came to this spiritual awareness. You would very likely begin on the next plane where you are at this minute as a spiritually developed Soul-in some cases even much further ahead because often the act of transition is a freeing one. Our particular concern at this moment, however, is not to speculate as to why one person gets healed quickly and another one does not. Our particular problem is the development of some measure of Christ-consciousness-that divine universal Love, that sense of forgiveness and gratitude-the development of our consciousness to that point where we neither fear, hate, nor love error. Do not forget that the command of the Master was, "Love thy neighbor." 9 It was not only a command to love God, but to love your neighbor, to love your neighbor as yourself. Sometimes some of us become so absolute about our love for God that we forget our neighbor. But we cannot do that in this work. We want the full measure of the Christ; and therefore, we must not only love God with all our heart and with all our soul, but we must love our neighbor also; and that love must be shown forth in compassion, patience, justice, kindness, forbearance, and joy-a willingness to share all of the good that God has given us. Above all, we must give up our egotistic belief that we have personal powers as practitioners. Our healings will be in proportion as we realize that all power is given to us through God, through the Christ which strengthens us. And that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... God_ Chapter 13, Mysticism.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:18- 160K
Find Similar Documents