The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Living Now - Every Day Is a Day of Decision
- ... This truth that we have been knowing is the universal truth about all God's creation. It is not the truth about mortal man because mortal man is living in defiance of the laws of God. It is true only of that I that is living in conscious oneness with God, and we are living in that conscious oneness only when we are living the life of love, loving our neighbor as ourselves, loving our fellow man, forgiving even our persecutors and enemies. The mortal life is not of God: it is destructible. The life that is lived in the belief in good and evil is not under the law of God, and only when we live forgiveness, live in sharing and giving, are we living the God-life, that incorporeal, spiritual life that is indestructible, the life that not even flames can destroy or swords pierce. This life which we bring to our remembrance when we realize the true meaning of I is our God-given, immortal life, and we live it through love, and only through love. When selfishness, greed, lust, animality, hate, envy, and jealousy are permitted entrance into our consciousness, we are living a life apart from God, a life which has no support from God, and therefore a life which must come to an end. We can reject that human sense of life by renouncing the personal sense of self which is characterized by a lack of love, a lack of justice, or a lack of benevolence; and we can accept the I that is one with God, the I that is the Spirit of God that has come as our individual being that we might have life, and that we might share this life through love and forgiveness, by releasing everyone from all obligations to us, through praying for others, and through knowing the truth. "Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 18 . . . This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you." 19 Love-this is the heritage, this is the nature of the I that we are. Since "I and my Father are one," my whole reliance is on Him, on the I that I ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ry Day Is a Day of Decision.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:20- 137K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 1, Living Now
- ... This truth that we have been knowing is the universal truth about all God's creation. It is not the truth about mortal man because mortal man is living in defiance of the laws of God. It is true only of that I that is living in conscious oneness with God, and we are living in that conscious oneness only when we are living the life of love, loving our neighbor as ourselves, loving our fellow man, forgiving even our persecutors and enemies. The mortal life is not of God: it is destructible. The life that is lived in the belief in good and evil is not under the law of God, and only when we live forgiveness, live in sharing and giving, are we living the God-life, that incorporeal, spiritual life that is indestructible, the life that not even flames can destroy or swords pierce. This life which we bring to our remembrance when we realize the true meaning of I is our God-given, immortal life, and we live it through love, and only through love. When selfishness, greed, lust, animality, hate, envy, and jealousy are permitted entrance into our consciousness, we are living a life apart from God, a life which has no support from God, and therefore a life which must come to an end. We can reject that human sense of life by renouncing the personal sense of self which is characterized by a lack of love, a lack of justice, or a lack of benevolence; and we can accept the I that is one with God, the I that is the Spirit of God that has come as our individual being that we might have life, and that we might share this life through love and forgiveness, by releasing everyone from all obligations to us, through praying for others, and through knowing the truth. "Owe no man anything, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 16 . . . This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you." 17 Love-this is the heritage, this is the nature of the I that we are. Since "I and my Father are one," my whole reliance is on Him, on the I that I ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Now_ Chapter 1, Living Now.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:49- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 4, Overcoming Our Sense of Separation from God
- ... It has no more power to discriminate saint from sinner than the law of gravity can discriminate a one-dollar object from a thousand-dollar object. However, one cannot violate the law of God without producing discords-not because God withholds His Grace or because He is punishing the sinner, but because by violating the law of God we withhold ourselves from Grace. "Though your sins be scarlet, you are white as snow." The Master said to the thief on the cross, "I will take you into Paradise with me tonight." That was not a very long punishment for the crime, was it? Mary Magdalene's sins were forgiven as soon as she repented and indicated that her sins were behind her. Throughout the New Testament you will not find that Jesus ever held anyone in bondage for sinning. "Neither do I condemn thee. Go and sin no more lest a worse thing come upon you." Worse things befall you, not through God's punishing you, but because you reap what you sow. If you condemn yourself for a past fault-a sin of omission or commission- and believe that you are being punished for it, realize that the nature of God is Love and Forgiveness. God's memory of your sins is short. You are the only one bringing your past offenses to your consciousness. You cannot live yesterday. There are no yesterdays in your experience except the yesterdays you carry over in your memory. God is not doing it. You are. God Cannot Be Deceived Always remember that the Spirit is closer to you than breathing. You can't deceive It because It is your self, It is your intelligence, It is your wisdom, It is the very guiding instinct of your being. Therefore, you cannot steal something and think God will not see you. God is right at the center of your being, and the moment you violate a spiritual principle, you are out of tune with It. Acknowledge the Presence of God Many people near death or suffering from disease believe that in some way they have become separated from God. Then they struggle and strive to find God. That is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ense of Separation from God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 1, The Now Activity of the Christ
- Chapter One The Now Activity of the Christ The spiritual path is the way through which we enter the spiritual life, and ultimately it leads us to that place where we know beyond all doubt that the spirit of God dwells in us and is living our life. The activity of the Spirit is always fruitful, productive of harmony, peace, joy, and abundance. In spiritual living there is no chance, nor are there accidental events of any nature. Most persons think of going to church, to a lecture on spiritual subjects, or reading a book of spiritual wisdom as if it were a human act, even an act of their own will. This really is not the case at all because human instinct does not lead a person naturally in that direction. It is only when the activity of something greater than one's self has touched an individual's consciousness that he is led to a truth- teaching. So it is that same something that has brought you to the reading of this letter. You would not be doing this if it were not for the activity of the Spirit, the Christ, functioning in you, and functioning as your consciousness. That this Christ function as your life is the goal of spiritual living. This is the ultimate attainment. Letting Go of This World for the Kingdom Truth is not an easy path to walk. Many persons still have the mistaken idea that in coming to truth they are going to find their human problems quickly met and then perhaps they will dangle on some kind of a ninth cloud. The harp has been eliminated, and I am not quite sure what has taken its place. It is true that entering the spiritual path does eliminate many problems-the major discords and inharmonies of our lives-and usually very quickly. However, since eliminating problems is not the primary goal of truth, these outer harmonies indicate that we have merely entered the spiritual path at this stage. The next step to which we must look forward is the overcoming of our human pleasures, human profits, and human harmonies. The basis for this is the Master's ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Now Activity of the Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:52- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Living The Infinite Way: Chapter Three, God Is
- CHAPTER THREE GOD IS Prayer is our contact with God, the infinite Source of our being, of which we can have no actual intellectual knowledge, and for which we have used such terms as Mind, Life, Truth, Love, Spirit, and the Infinite Invisible. God is the only creative Principle of the universe, the creative Principle of all that is; and since this creative Principle operates from the standpoint of supreme intelligence, without beginning and without end, it becomes necessary to know how to make contact or to become one with it. Unless we learn the way, we cannot avail ourselves of the omnipresence, omnipotence, and omniscience of God. Prayer, sometimes called communion, is the avenue through which we make our contact, find our oneness, or realize God. Prayer is the means of bringing into our individual experience the activity, the law, the substance, the supply, the harmony, and the all-ness or that which we call God. This is one of the most important points for all students of spiritual wisdom to know, to understand, to practice, and to live. In understanding the infinite nature of God, we understand the infinite nature of our own being. "I and my Father are one" assures the infinite nature of your being and my being. This fact is not dependent upon one's being a student of truth, but is dependent solely upon one's relationship to God, and that relationship is oneness- oneness. We shall hear much more about that word oneness as we progress. We must accept anything that is spiritually true of any individual, saint or sinner, as being true of you and of me, since the relationship of God to its creation is a universal one. When the Master taught that I and the Father are one, he was very careful to assure us that he spoke of your Father and my Father. He was revealing a universal spiritual truth. What, then, separated the demonstration of Christ Jesus from that of the Hebrew rabbis of his day? Or, what separated the demonstration of the Master from that of his students ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Way_ Chapter Three, God Is.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:56- 92K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 7, Except the Lord Build the House
- Chapter Seven Except the Lord Build the House A real student of the Infinite Way feels that there is nothing more important in life than the development of spiritual consciousness, getting to know God and living the life of prayer, meditation, and communion with God. Such a student soon learns that there is rich fruitage as a result of living in this way. There is better health and more abundant supply; there is greater success in human activities; there are greater capacities revealed-mental, moral, and physical-in students who really work and live with this message. Even though students realize that and see the outer fruitage, many of them are never satisfied until they have gone a long, long way on the spiritual path developing their own inner capacities. If a person feels that way, what is more natural than to want to share the message with a neighbor, a friend, or a relative? What is more natural than to help someone else find his spiritual source? What is more natural than to want to send one's children out into the world imbued with the spirit of God? There surely cannot be an adult student of the Infinite Way who does not feel that the greatest gift he could give his child would be a knowledge of God, an acquaintanceship with God, and an ability to commune with God. The Fruitage of Conscious Union with God When a man lives consciously one with his source, he bears rich fruitage in health, harmony, inner peace, joy, prosperity, and all kinds of human relationships, not by virtue of himself, but because the grace of God hangs rich fruitage on him in the form of supply, health, home, and happy relationships. He is merely the place through which God is expressing His infinite abundance of all things. We have had years of witnessing what happens to those who live consciously one with God. Looking out at this human scene, we know that human beings living separate and apart from their conscious union with God are sick or well, have accidents or do not have them, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pt the Lord Build the House.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:48- 125K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 8, Invisible Life Fulfills Itself Tangibly & Visibly
- ... One of the barriers to our progress is that we let truth lie dormant in the back of our mind instead of praying without ceasing. * * * * * CONSCIOUSNESS DETERMINES OUR LIFE-EXPERIENCE Nothing can come into our experience except through our consciousness, so what our life will be depends on what we entertain in consciousness. If we entertain the idea of God as omnipresent Intelligence, Love, and Power, good is going to be our experience. Our responsibility is to be still and let Omnipresence flow. We need not take thought or plan anything; we just live whatever flows through, which will be every quality of God. Why? Because that is what we are entertaining in consciousness: God. We do not have to think thoughts of generosity, forgiveness, or abundance. We have only to abide in Omnipresence, Omniscience, and Omnipotence, and when we do that we lose all capacity for anything but God, and God flows through. We find ourselves being loving, generous, kind, and pure, but we have not had to take thought about it. What is in a consciousness that is not imbued with Omnipresence? What is left when God is taken out of our consciousness? Fear, ignorance, superstition, desire, anxiety, concern, get, give me, help me, I, me, mine! When God is absent from consciousness, we are living a life with all the accidental happenings that make up the human experience. Only when consciousness is filled with the presence of God is it true that nothing can enter "that defileth . . . or maketh a lie." 2 Holding good thoughts will not be a protection to us. The only protection is holding thought on God. There is no use thinking thoughts of safety or security or thoughts of abundance. Such thoughts will never bring these to us. A consciousness imbued with God is a consciousness full of love, life, forgiveness, sharing, peace on earth. We cannot have a consciousness filled with God and fail to understand that all mankind is really God in manifestation. Mankind as a whole is not showing this forth ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s Itself Tangibly & Visibly.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:24- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 11, Breaking the Bonds of Humanhood
- ~ 11 ~ BREAKING THE BONDS OF HUMANHOOD The goal of all spiritual work is God-realization, arriving at a place where we are consciously aware that we are not living our own life, that there is a something, a transcendental presence, that has taken over, that goes before us, and that cares for us. Life eternal and divine harmony come to us in proportion as we know God aright. While this is the most difficult part of our spiritual journey, because it involves releasing every concept of God acquired throughout our lifetime, nevertheless, it has to be the first part of it. We have looked to our concepts of God to bless us, but concepts of God, regardless of how lofty they may be, cannot bless anyone. We can be spiritually blessed only as we come to know him as he is, and that knowing has no relationship whatsoever to any concept of God. It is useless to try to define or analyze God, or to seek to know what he is through the mind. If it were possible to embrace God in our mind, God would be smaller than our mind, and this he cannot be. One way in which we can begin to lose our concepts of God is through contemplation and meditation on the nature of God. Knowing the nature of God is quite different from knowing God itself, just as our individual nature is different from the essence that we really are. Our nature is the outward expression, or set of qualities which we possess, but we ourselves are greater than our qualities, that is, greater than our nature. We may have a kindly nature, a philanthropic nature, or a peaceful one, but that is not we ourselves: we are greater than these. Releasing Concepts of God God is far greater than what we can ever know of his nature. In order to be known, God has to be experienced, and while we can experience God through an awareness of his nature, he cannot be known with the mind or the intellect. The fact that we may have prayed to God, asking for something, is proof positive that we do not know the nature of God, for if we knew his ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...king the Bonds of Humanhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:58- 143K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 18, The Infinite Way
- ~ 18 ~ THE INFINITE WAY The Infinite Way has two fundamental points which are basic to its teaching. One is the nature of God as individual being, which means God as your being. Unless we catch this idea of oneness, we miss this basic spiritual premise-that there are not both God and you. The only way we can realize oneness is to understand God as you. That is the first point in the teaching of the Infinite Way. The life which is God is your individual life; therefore, your life is just as immortal as the life we call God. That is the reason I am always so positive about saying that no one in the world has ever died or passed on at any time in the history of the world. If he had, he would have had a life of his own to lose, to give up; but God is life. God is life eternal, and God is one. Therefore life is one, and that means your life and mine. Old theological beliefs have instilled in most of us a sense of duality. All those who were not born into some metaphysical movement or other and all those who have any kind of church background have been taught to look up to a God in heaven to be worshiped, or to think of God as something separate and apart from their own being. Of course, to all these people, it is almost sacrilegious to say that I and the Father are one, that there is only one Being and that that Being is God-being. Nevertheless, if we catch that point, we have caught the entire message of the Master. That was the whole of his teaching-oneness. "I and my Father are one" 1 -the Father within me, not a Father afar off, but a Father within me. "The kingdom of God is within you." 2 Remember the meaning of "within" as used in this context. It does not mean like ink in a fountain pen or water in a glass. It really means that God is the life, the mind, the substance, the Spirit, the Soul of your being; yes, even the substance of your body. The question comes up, then, "How can that be?" Such a question is raised, of course, only because we are thinking of God in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 18, The Infinite Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:30- 122K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: I Am the Vine
- GOD IS LOVE. What, then, could you or I do to change the nature of God? Could your own child do anything that would change YOUR love for him? No, of course not, and if, from the human standpoint, we are able to give love to our children often when they do not deserve it, HOW MUCH MORE LOVE is pouring forth from our Heavenly Father! Can you accept the fact that GOD IS LOVE, not God is Love if you behave in a certain way, or not just when you are worthy and deserving? Can you accept the fact that GOD IS LOVE, and that God's rain falls on the just and the unjust alike? Did the Master, Christ Jesus, withhold good or healing because somebody was a sinner? Did He at any time ask the multitudes if they were good or if they squandered their money or saved it? In raising the dead did He ask if that person had been moral or immoral, honest or dishonest? Or did He, in beholding what the world calls death, destroy all belief in it by raising the individual to life? We all know the answer to that. At no time in His ministry did Jesus withhold healing, supply, forgiveness, restoration or reformation because of anyone's unworthiness or temporary sense of evil. The principle is this: since GOD IS LOVE, our good must be infinite without any ifs, ands, or buts, because God's Grace is not dependent upon something that you or I do or do not do. The Grace of God cannot be withheld. We can turn on or off the electricity and we can turn on or off the water, but we cannot start or stop the flow of God. GOD IS, AND GOD IS LOVE in Its completeness and fullness. Let us now consider GOD IS LIFE. This does not mean that God is life at the age of six years or at sixteen. GOD IS LIFE. Then why is this not so at sixty, ninety, and a hundred and twenty? The reason is that the words I, me, and you enter the picture, and we say MY life or YOUR life, and immediately we think of the date on a birth certificate. If God is Life, of what consequence is the date on a birth certificate? God is the ONLY life ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...el Goldsmith_ I Am the Vine.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:13- 127K
Find Similar Documents