Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 10, Spiritual Living
- ~ 10 ~ SPIRITUAL LIVING ON THE SUBJECT OF SPIRITUAL LIVING-the spiritual way of life-you will note that one of the facets that goes all the way through the subject of spiritual living is spiritual law. You cannot get away from spiritual law. First, however, a few words about spiritual living, or the spiritual way of life. It is not a way of life that will separate you from your present experience; it will not take you out of your present activity except as you progress. It may lift you up into the practice, teaching and lecturing on spiritual subjects, but be assured it will not lift you out of your life; merely will it enhance the beauties, the safety and the security of the life you now are living. Jesus taught-and it is on his teaching that all of this is based-that you were not to leave this world, that you were to be in the world but not of it. You are to be in the world and enjoy liberty, freedom, happiness, contentment, peace, joy, dominion. He did not say anything about going out into the wilderness and becoming an ascetic. He did not teach going apart from the world and living in the universe of our private thinking. Rather, he increased the very loaves and fishes that the people were accustomed to eating. He brought forth gold from out of the fish's mouth; the same gold that was used as currency in those days. So is it with the spiritual way of living. It is not meant that you should live in poverty, but rather that you should live in the infinite abundance-and no limit to that, either, except the limit of your own ability to accept it! There is no sin in money, no sin in wealth; the sin is in the love or hate of it. That is the only sin that has to do with money. So it is right for us to be wealthy. It is also right for us to be healthy, although mere physical health will not bring us immortality. No matter how healthy your body is according to medical standards, you have no assurance of that health tomorrow or at sixty or seventy or eighty years of age. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 10, Spiritual Living.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:07- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 6, Steps to Union with God
- Those who may not believe it in this particular age may have believed it in some previous time, but by now they have outgrown it. Individual Consciousness Is Evolving Out of Spiritual Ignorance How great must be the transition in consciousness from the state of ignorance that believed God is responsible for mankind's ills to the state of consciousness where the teaching that God is too pure to behold iniquity is accepted, that God does not hold sinners in condemnation for their sins, or punish them, but that He sent His only begotten Son to earth to teach the forgiveness of sins, the overcoming of sin, and the destruction of sin! The teaching of Jesus Christ wipes out much of the teaching of the ancient Hebrew scripture, but remember that there are people on this earth today who are still living in the spiritual darkness of ancient times. When you realize that, you will understand why it takes some persons ten ... Praying for health, praying for wealth, praying for supply, praying for home, or praying for companionship is the surest way to lose it. But when you take no thought for those things in your life and pray only for the recognition, realization, and demonstration of conscious oneness with God, you awake and find that all things have been added unto you. The most difficult part of this entire path is giving up the habit and the desire to pray for things and conditions. A person wonders what would happen if he stopped praying for supply. Far better would it be to pray for forgiveness for all the thousands of years of spiritual ignorance that have been absorbed and assimilated. Far better would it be to pray for forgiveness for acts-conscious and unconscious acts-that have violated his spiritual integrity, even though they may not have violated the laws of the land. Much more profitable is it to pray that he be forgiven in proportion as he forgives. Once the idea is clear to you that praying for things is the materialistic sense of life, because it is praying ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 6, Steps to Union with God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:10- 128K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 11, Spiritual Vision Alone Reveals the I Am of Individual Being
- Chapter Eleven Spiritual Vision Alone Reveals the I Am of Individual Being God is the central theme of the message of the Infinite Way, but God is probably the most misunderstood word in all languages. Often in my travels, strangers ask, "What do you do? What is your business?" And I have to tell them I have no business, that I just write. "Oh, novels? Fiction?" Always I am in the same predicament. It is a strange thing to say, but eventually I have to tell those who ask that I write about God. Then comes the question, "What is the title of your book?" This leads me to explain that there are about twenty published books and twenty-five more coming. "All on God?" "Yes, I never change the subject." That in itself is strange, but what makes it even more strange is that very few persons know what I mean when I say God. I seem to mean something different from what most of them imagine. I am sure, from my experience, that most persons not only believe in God, but to some extent they actually believe they know what God is. That, too, seems rather strange because as a rule after a year or two of study students of the Infinite Way tell me they have never known what God is and just now they are beginning to realize how difficult it is to understand the true meaning of God. It really is difficult because regardless of what you may think about God you are bound to be wrong. You cannot be right, and you never will be right. There never will be a time when you will be correct in what you think about God. As long as you are thinking about God, you are entertaining concepts about God. Those concepts are based on your previous experience, childhood religion, or on what someone has thought, said, or written. Until a person has been a serious student of that subject for many years, God rarely becomes an actual experience. Meeting God face to face is the final word on the subject of what God is. Opening the Soul-Center The main function of a teacher in the activity of the Infinite Way ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he I Am of Individual Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:13- 129K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter XV, The Beauty of Holiness
- CHAPTER XV THE BEAUTY OF HOLINESS Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name: O worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness. PSALMS 96:8, 9 Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens is the Lord's thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is. DEUTERONOMY 10:14 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. PSALMS 19:1 Meditation is not an end in itself. That which we are seeking is a conscious realization of the presence of God, but in the realization of that Presence, before the experience of the full and complete illumination, there may be two of us- God and me. We do not want God and me: we want God alone. That is the final step on the spiritual Path. God is unknown and unknowable to the human senses. One way, however, in which to bridge the immeasurable span between materiality and spirituality is to let thought drift from the cares and problems of the world to God's handiwork. In everyone's surroundings, there is always some object of beauty: a picture, a piece of sculpture, a plant, lake, mountain, or tree. We think of some one of these in meditation, considering the idea of God, the Invisible, expressing Itself through nature or through the mind of an artist or craftsman. The presence and the power of the Invisible is that which is made manifest to us as the visible, the one inseparable from the other. Even a little understanding of God enables us to discern, in a measure, God's life, love, and joy embodied in man and the universe. In this understanding, our life and love expand and become more pure, joyous, and free, leading us into a higher dimension of life. We begin to live not so much in the world of effect as in the world of cause, discovering our good in the Cause of all that exists rather than in effect-in things, persons, or places. The more understanding we have of Cause, God, the greater is our enjoyment of all persons and things. Only through penetrating the realm of the Invisible, this higher or fourth ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... XV, The Beauty of Holiness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:30- 80K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: March 1957, Understanding The Body
- CHAPTER THREE: MARCH Understanding the Body THE secret of life is right identification. Right identification changes your life the very moment that you have a conscious awareness of your true identity and begin to embody it, the very moment that you recognize and realize: I am life eternal. I do not have to get knowledge of eternal life from a book: A book will not make my life eternal. I do not have to go to man whose breath is in his nostrils to learn something that will give me more life, youth, or vitality. No, all that any book or any man can do for me is to teach me that I already am that which I am seeking. That which I am seeking, I am; all that God is, I am because "I and my Father are one." 1 The moment we realize: "I am life eternal; I am pure Spirit, pure consciousness," the question immediately arises, "But what about this body?" This is a mystery that has heretofore been unexplained. With the exception of the writings of The Infinite Way, there is no literature in the world which I have ever discovered that discusses this subject thoroughly. It is one of the deep mysteries of the philosophical and spiritual world. Attempting to arrive at a satisfactory understanding of this subject through the intellect is almost an impossibility, due to the fact that the subject of body deals with contradictions, not only the contradictions found in philosophical and spiritual literature, but contradictions in Scripture as well. Nobody who has tried to resolve these contradictions through the mind, that is, through the reasoning faculties or the intellect, has ever been able to come to any kind of a satisfactory conclusion. The explanation of this enigma came to light in my consciousness during a closed class, and it came flowing out by pure inspiration. I knew nothing about it until that minute when it poured out. I was not consciously aware even of having known all the passages of Scripture that came pouring out with it. It is this revelation that I would share with ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...957, Understanding The Body.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:06- 157K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: October 1956, The Demonstration of God
- CHAPTER TEN: OCTOBER The Demonstration of God NOTHING from outside your own being can be added to you. All truth abides within you. You are Self-complete in God. There are, no doubt, many ways or methods of coming into an awareness of spiritual truth. For instance, if one were to retire from the world, spending months or perhaps years in unceasing meditation and prayer, gradually the truth would come forth and announce itself, and ultimately all the truth that has been disclosed since the dawn of civilization would be realized. But such a somber and ascetic approach is by no means necessary, for even in this modern day of worldly pressures and demands it is possible to come into this realization without leaving one's human surroundings and interests. One such way is by means of a devoted and consecrated study of spiritual wisdom, and, more especially, through contact with the consciousness of an illumined and enlightened teacher. Throughout the ages such a method or system of teaching has been in operation, whereby teachers with some measure of spiritual enlightenment are enabled to open the consciousness of those who seek them out. In reality, such a teacher does not impart truth at all, but, in much the same way as the sunlight opens the bud into the flower, he merely opens the closed door so that the truth already embodied within the consciousness of the student can flow forth into visible and tangible manifestation. This was the significance of the Master's words: "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." In proportion as he himself has received some measure of spiritual insight and realization, a teacher can draw others up to that level of consciousness. The reason an individual becomes a student of spiritual truth in the first place, devoting his time and effort to studying and attending lectures and classes, is because something he has read or heard strikes a responsive chord, and inwardly he has a feeling that this is not ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...6, The Demonstration of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:10- 115K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Supply
- SUPPLY PART I THE SECRET of supply is to be found in the twelfth chapter of Luke: And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest? Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothe the grass, which is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more will be clothe you, O ye of little faith? And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. The question now arises: How is it possible to "take no thought" for money when pressing obligations must be met? How can we trust God when year in and year out these financial problems confront us, and usually through no fault of our own? We have seen in these passages from Luke that the way to solve our difficulties is to take no thought for supply, whether of money, food, clothing, or any other form. And the reason that we need have no anxiety about these things is that "it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom" because He "knoweth that ye have need of these things." In order that we may enter wholly into the spirit of confidence of this inspired message of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...es/The Infinite Way_ Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:15- 102K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 5, The Function of the Christ in Us
- ... That is why these horrors could take place. They could not have taken place in the presence of Jesus Christ; they could not have taken place in the presence of Moses; they could not have taken place in the presence of Elijah. Where those men were, the presence of God was. Consider the world, its many sicknesses and the great suffering of many thousands today. Notice the much praying to God, even the trips to Lourdes, and how, under ordinary circumstances, if some doctor does not come along with a discovery or some appropriate procedure to cure these persons, they die. God does not save them. If some medicine or surgery is not discovered or administered, they die. Then notice the difference when those who are on the spiritual path are confronted with the same conditions and call for spiritual help. The spiritually endowed practitioner brings to a situation the actual presence of God, and where the presence of God is, there is liberty and there is healing. Wherever Jesus walked, there was healing, there was forgiveness of sin, and there was supplying. Wherever any spiritually minded practitioner exists, there must be healing. It does not mean that everyone gets healed, because frankly everyone is not receptive to spiritual healing. A Desire to Know God Makes for a Receptivity to Spiritual Healing To be receptive to spiritual healing means that there must be an innate desire for God, not just a great desire to be healed. There is no virtue in that. Everybody in the world wants to be well, so that he can work and take care of his family. The fertile ground for spiritual healing is in the individual who wants not merely to be healed-being healed is a natural desire-but who along with this says, "Of course, I want to be healed, but that is not my major problem. Above all things, I want to know God. Above all things, I must know God. I do not want to pass from this earth before I have come face to face with God. I want to know the secret behind this universe. I want to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...unction of the Christ in Us.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:23- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 7, God
- ~ 7 ~ GOD When we say, "I am God," or "I am a law unto my universe," we are not saying that a human being is God, or that a mortal is spiritual. Never forget that it would be nonsense to try to spiritualize mortal man, or to make God out of a human being. That has been one of the mistakes of religion throughout the ages- setting apart some individual and making him God, taking some person, some human being, and making of him a God. The truth is that only God is God; but God is the individuality and the identity, and the reality of each one of us when we have overcome our sense of humanhood. Often when you see people who work from the standpoint of "I am," you will find them confused, walking around saying, "I am God." They are the very people who are apt to be walking around with an empty purse, a diseased body, or a pair of eyeglasses, and yet they continue to say, "I am God." You can see how ridiculous that is, because that is not God at all. I am God. That I is a universal, infinite, omnipresent Being, and It is the reality of your being and of mine when the human sense of self has been overcome. You do not lift the human sense up and make it immortal or spiritual. That is the reason treatments that say, "You are spiritual," or "You are perfect," or "You are rich," are of so little value. Such statements are not true at all. If they were true, you would not find it necessary to repeat them. Can you imagine Rockefeller or a Carnegie or any man of recognized wealth, walking around saying, "I am rich?" And you almost never hear a healthy person say, "I am healthy." When you make these affirmations, it is because you believe you are the opposite; you are trying to fool yourself into believing that you are something that you really are not. When you simply repeat the words, "I am God," that is not true; but when you hear those words within you, that is Truth. That is God announcing Itself as the reality of your being. When you hear a voice saying, "Know ye not that I ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ster Speaks_ Chapter 7, God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:27- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Nine, The Temple Not Made With Hands
- CHAPTER NINE THE TEMPLE NOT MADE WITH HANDS There is within every person the Christ-Self, the real Self, the I. On the spiritual path, the goal is the attaining of conscious union with that Self, or the attaining of the realization of the Christ as our identity. This requires a "dying daily" to the human part of us, the outer part, and being reborn as this true identity; dying to the limited sense of self and being reborn into or as our perfected Self, the Christ- Self. On the other hand, if we can overcome the human self, if we can die, if we can put off that human self with its belief in good and evil and awaken to our true identity, then we are through with patchwork, through with demonstrating some good today and wondering what we will have to meet next year. Within each of us is the perfect Self that has never fallen, has never left heaven, and therefore can never gain heaven. It is already a state of heaven; it is already living the perfected life, the spiritual life, the Christ-life that can never be crucified, can never be resurrected, cannot ever be ascended. It already is the perfect Self, the son of God, or the Christ within us. It has been called "the hidden manna," the "pearl of great price," the robe of immortality. That son of God is you; it is I. Actually, it is our Self, and we do not patch It up; we do not demonstrate for It; we do not heal It; we cannot even make progress with It. We can, however, bring to light in our experience this perfected Self, our Christ-Self. But in order to accomplish this we do not go into meditation with the idea of meeting an outside problem, for our spiritual goal is not developing a self that has no problems, but dying to the self that has them or does not have them, and being reborn to our already perfected Self. TO GIVE SPIRITUAL HELP, REJECT ALL CONCEPTS When we go into meditation, we cannot take into it any thought about the problem. This applies to any situation or person. For example, if we have children or ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Temple Not Made With Hands.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:31- 110K
Find Similar Documents