Consciousness Transformed: June 23, 1963, The Source
- THE SOURCE June 23, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel MEN AND WOMEN OF THE ARTS, the professions, the business world, of all religions, colors and creeds, must eventually understand that the power of life that flows in them has no art, no profession, no business, no religion-and yet it produces the very intelligence and inspiration in every activity of our human lives. Artists, sculptors, painters, composers all acknowledge one source of inspiration. When you stop to think of the French or the Germans or the Russians or the Asians or the Occidentals or the whites or the blacks, you must know that the source of inspiration is one; and, when you have it, it reveals itself in whatever your particular activity may be. Let me illustrate: A man had an orchard of apple trees, all very fine apples and expensive on the market. But he had one tree from which he could derive no revenue, because the apples of this particular tree were of an inferior grade and were therefore unsalable. One year the idea came to him, "Why not graft onto that tree the limbs of some of the very good apples." He did, and shortly this tree was also producing good apples. In other words, the life that was giving expression to the apples was one life. You have witnessed this in so many different experiences. Whether it is music or art or writing, there is a source of inspiration. In the religious world this source is called God, but it need not be called God because by any other name it would be the same source of inspiration. Some call it, religiously, the Christ. In the philosophies, and especially in mystical teachings, there are many different names for the source of inspiration or the source of power or the source of life. The first step that every one of us must know is that this source exists. You will not find this difficult as you notice the rhythm of the seasons, the sun, the moon, the stars, the tides, two times two always being four, like always begetting like. You know, of course, that there is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ June 23, 1963, The Source.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:16- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Eight, Bringing God Into Daily Experience
- CHAPTER EIGHT BRINGING GOD INTO DAILY EXPERIENCE Bringing God into individual experience is possible only through an activity of consciousness. If we make a conscious contact with our source, we make contact with the spiritual source of all those who can bless us and all those whom we can bless: "I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one." 1 That relationship of oneness is not really effective, however, until the moment of contact, because until that moment we are separate human beings, each with his own interests and purposes, each with his own needs, and in that separateness we may not be fulfilling one another's needs at all. There is no circumstance in life so small or insignificant but that it can be made an important one through that conscious contact. If it were nothing more than the routine of merely going out to market, it would not only save time, but what is more important, making that conscious contact even in inconsequential matters would establish in us the habit of making and continuing the contact so that when some more vital decision or problem arose, there would be no possibility of forgetting the principle, because our reaction to it would have become more or less automatic. It may not be too important to us whether our marketing costs eight dollars or eight dollars and sixty cents, and it may not be too important whether we buy this cut of meat or that one, or whether we purchase these vegetables or those. The important thing is that we are forming one more link in our chain, because we shall be learning never to make a move without a consciousness of that oneness. There must be the actual experience of being consciously one with God in order to find ourselves consciously one with all spiritual being and idea. Declaring it with the mind is not going to make it so, but if we keep that principle in our mind, sit with it, reflect upon it, and ponder it until we feel that inner response within, then we actually begin to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...g God Into Daily Experience.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:59- 104K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 11, Individuality Revealed Through Prayer
- ~ 11 ~ INDIVIDUALITY REVEALED THROUGH PRAYER THE PURPOSE OF PRAYER is to bring the Spirit to our individual experience, so that this parenthesis * may be permeated with the Spirit and the fourth-dimensional substance called the Christ may come into activity. This is a transcendental Presence, a Substance, Essence, Activity, or Reality which can never be seen, heard, tasted, touched, or smelled. It is so real that It can whisper in our ear, "Do not drive up this street: drive up that one." It can prevent us from making an investment or lead us to a bookshelf where we might find the one book that can meet our need for us at a particular time. It can even go before us so that our banker makes the loan that he refused to make the day before. It is an unseen spiritual Influence, and the person who is illumined has contact with Its essence. Two words for illumination used in the Orient are "satori" and "darshan." Christian mysticism has a word for us, too, a beautiful word: Grace. "My grace is sufficient for thee," 1 "My" meaning the invisible spiritual Center or Source. We live by Grace; we can do all things through the grace of God. The transcendental Presence must become a living experience, permeating our consciousness, flowing through us to the extent that the fingers tingle with It, and the toes. It is a reality, even though the human mind cannot understand It, the human eyes cannot see It, and the human ears cannot hear It. It is so real that when It happens we know It, and there are no questions. When anyone asks the question, "How may I know if this is real?" he has not yet experienced It. When a person does, It is unmistakable, not only in Its manner of expression, but in the fruitage. When a person is touched by the transcendental Presence, something in his life will be better: his health, supply, morals, home, family relationships, or business. The more he contacts It, the more his life will be an outer expression of an inner Divinity. CREATION UNFOLDING This ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ity Revealed Through Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:27- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XII, God Is Our Destiny
- CHAPTER XII GOD IS OUR DESTINY Spirit is forever in operation drawing unto us our own, whatever that own is, whether in human relationships or in business. There is an invisible activity which draws us to our rightful employment, our rightful marriage, our rightful city, or our rightful nation. Day by day the Father gives us the work of each day, and with that work always comes the recompense and reward. Most of us would perhaps agree that the majority of the problems besetting us have to do with regrets for the past or fears of the future. Usually at the present moment we are all right. If we could live in this minute, content to know that the power of God is in operation and be willing to let that continue, there would be no concern about the past and very little about the future. In one way or another, we would know day by day what to do, and sometimes we might even know a few weeks in advance. It has been my experience that God seldom reveals what His purpose is for me very far in advance. When you reach the stage in your experience where your life is a devotion to whatever of a constructive nature you are doing at the moment and you recognize that your livelihood is coincidental to that work; when you can find something in your work that is in the nature of a service to be performed, never again will your business be a burden and never will it be a failure. Living from day to day with the one objective of making money or making a living may result in success, but on the other hand it may just as possibly result in failure. The ultimate outcome is not foreordained. But when you have found something into which you can put your heart and soul, into which you can pour out some measure of service, even if in the beginning it is the most menial of labors, if you can find that the doing of your work is of some service to somebody, it will lead you on to higher forms of activity. If your consciousness is filled with service and co-operation, then your activity, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter XII, God Is Our Destiny.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:34- 103K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 8, Ordination
- ~ 8 ~ ORDINATION I AM GOING TO READ SOME NOTES that I made last night. No, I guess it was this morning; they began about three thirty and ended at five. You took last night's lesson on "error and its nature" so beautifully that tonight I feel that I can give you your freedom; I can give you your freedom from what Jesus called "the world" or "this world." If you can receive this freedom tonight, it will be your holiest night on earth. I give you two statements from the Master: "My kingdom is not of this world," 1 and, "I have overcome the world." 2 In the history of the world, only three men are known to have discovered the complete secret of life of their own accord. These men are Lao-Tzu of China, about 600 B.C.; Buddha of India, about 550 B.C.; and Jesus of Nazareth. Through Jesus, the full revelation came to the beloved disciple John on the Isle of Patmos. Through Jesus, I received it in an unfoldment, first from the statement in the Bible, "My kingdom is not of this world." "My kingdom is not of this world" became the subject of my meditation for many months. I did not choose it, it clung to me. Then, "I have overcome the world." Finally came the realization of the meaning of these statements. I have never known this to be taught since it was received by John, except in his own veiled writing. If you can receive it tonight, God has indeed blessed you beyond all living men and women. Friends, to overcome the world means to overcome or rise above all sense of desire; to be free of world attraction; to achieve being in the world but not of it; to attain freedom from bondage to personal ego; to understand the spiritual world and thus gain freedom from the false sense of God's universe. As we humanly see this world, we are seeing God's heaven, but seeing it "through a glass darkly." To overcome this world means to rise above the human, finite, erroneous sense of this world, and see it as it is. John told us, you remember, that in that day we will see him as he is and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tion_ Chapter 8, Ordination.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:20- 95K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 14, Faith
- ~ 14 ~ FAITH Should you hope? How different from the woman who asked Jesus to heal her daughter and was refused! Through her persistence, she finally received the gift of healing. Let me start by telling you the first thing you must do is to agree to see the problem objectively, that is, as something out there which does not belong to you. We must learn to give up self, whether it comes in the form of self-pity, self- righteousness, or any of the other phases of self. As a matter of fact, any good that you have done in the world was not done by you, really, nor is it to your credit. God manifests his goodness to the world and we are his offspring, so that all credit for all good belongs solely to him. Truth heals. If you have seen it work only a few times, you know that it does. Is any form of error an actual condition? You know that it is nothing but a suggestion or appearance. It is, therefore, mental and can be met with the knowing of the truth about God and man. When you see converging rails, does it mean that here is a physical condition of discord and that the rails must be physically separated again? No, you know that this is an appearance or suggestion and cannot be met physically. It must be met mentally by knowing the truth about the situation. The body is not sick. Matter does not pain. Eyes do not see. These are mental arguments and must be refuted with the truth about God and man or, rather, with the understanding that what appears as man is mind manifested. Therefore, what is this discord or disease but appearance or argument? Error comes to individual thought as suggestion or argument and it is there that it must be met. Remember, error is never in the other person; it comes to your thought or my thought. We either accept it as a reality, or reject it for the lying argument that it is. Do not ask any whys at this point, but accept it as fact, put it into immediate practice without a single question and hold steadfastly without wavering-no question, no ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ly Years_ Chapter 14, Faith.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:45- 78K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter XVII, Your Father Knoweth
- CHAPTER XVII YOUR FATHER KNOWETH There is a way of living, not by might, nor by power, but by the grace of God. However, when we decide what it is we want and how we want it, when we seek to educate God and tell Him how He should operate, we set ourselves up as possessing greater wisdom and intelligence than God, and thereby block the flow of God's grace. If we understand the nature of God, we will never remind God of anything that concerns us or our affairs, and we shall never be tempted to usurp the prerogatives of the all-knowing Intelligence and Love which "knoweth that [we] have need of all these things." Is asking God for things an indication that we understand God to be Intelligence and Love, or do not such requests imply that we believe God is withholding something from us? Can we really be concerned about food, clothing, or anything in this world when we have the direct assurance that our heavenly Father knows that we have need of all these things? Did not Jesus instruct us to take no thought for our life, for what we should eat or what we should drink, nor yet for our body, what we should put on? Why do we seek for bread, wine, or water, for clothing, companionship, money, or capital when the promise is that in His presence there is fullness of life and that it is His good pleasure for us to share His riches. Because of the infinity of God, all that is, is already omnipresent. It is impossible for God to give or send us anything. God does not provide an apple or an automobile. God is the apple; God is the automobile-God appears as. There is no such thing as God and. It is for that reason that the only demonstration there is for us to make is the demonstration of God's presence. In demonstrating God's presence, we demonstrate life eternal, an infinity of supply, brotherhood, peace, joy, protection, and safety. In His presence there is fullness of life-nothing is absent. When we have God's presence, we have God appearing as good, as clothing, as housing. But ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r XVII, Your Father Knoweth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:42- 89K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: April 19, 1964, Experience God
- EXPERIENCE GOD April 19, 1964 Between Two Worlds Honolulu, Hawaii WE ARE GOING to continue the subject "Between Two Worlds" and so, in your meditation, let thought go into that period between two worlds and see what kind of an unfoldment you can be aware of. The secret of the two worlds is buried within your own consciousness and, regardless of how much I may tell you about it, you still will not know it until you have received confirmation, instruction, or inspiration on it from within your Self. Please remember this: This Infinite Way message is unique in that it does not teach you to rely on the teaching, the books, or the revelator. The Infinite Way has a teacher and books and teachings only for the purpose of leading you back to the kingdom of God within your Self, so that you may be taught of God. Always remember that the world has lost truth because the followers of religious teachings have begun to let the Buddha or Jesus Christ or Paul carry on for them. Even in modern teachings there has been the acknowledgment that Mrs. Eddy and Mrs. Fillmore and Ernest Holmes were God- inspired, and then their followers took the attitude of sitting at the feet of the Master. To be instructed is right and as it should be, but you must not plan to spend your life there. The major problem in my personal life is that of trying to avoid any relationship between my students and myself or the students of our teachers, whereby the individual begins to believe that we are God-inspired and so "let us sit and partake of his or her light." That is good up to a certain point, but remember that we in The Infinite Way are not trying to develop a following, nor are we trying to develop fame or fortune. I at least, and some of the teachers who have learned from me, are trying (sometimes even against the pressure of students) to bring to you the awareness that you have just as much access to the kingdom of God as we have. If you want to heal, you can do as much as any of us have done. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...il 19, 1964, Experience God.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:06- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 11, Argument or Treatment
- ~ 11 ~ ARGUMENT OR TREATMENT THE TEACHER SHOULD SIT AND HEAR in silence and then let the divine mind impart the truth to you, then there would be no possibility of misunderstanding. But while we are using words, these words are cloaking the real meaning. It is, therefore, necessary for the student to discern the meaning between the lines. As you know, I don't like affirmations and denials and I disapprove of them heartily in this work. But I want to clarify that statement to this extent. Do not think that we do not use the argument in the work. I have tried to make that clear by indicating a difference between the word "treatment" and the word "prayer." Such things as affirmations are strictly out in this work. I mean by that, reciting the scientific statement of being a hundred times or twenty-five times, or the Lord's prayer ten times, or "every day prosperity is making me rich;" those things are strictly no part of this message. But argument is not out-argument is that part of this work which I call treatment. Now, you may use very little treatment most of the time and then you may find occasion to use a lot of treatment and I will illustrate each bit of that: A call comes for help and ordinarily, in the course of the day, it gets very little in the way of treatment. I mean that usually, when the call comes over the telephone or in a letter, the state of consciousness the practitioner or teacher lives in and maintains is sufficient. Realize that this call has nothing to do with a person, it is just suggestion-that, then, seems to take care of it. Most healings are brought about through nothing more or less than some statement: "I will be with you," or "I will take care of it," or "I am standing by." It is our consciousness of truth, spoken or unspoken, which reveals the harmony of being. Of course, the word "I" means God. You should certainly know that when you say, "I am standing by," meaning that God is standing by-then your patient is in the best hands in the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 11, Argument or Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:21- 75K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 12, Prayer & Receptivity
- ~ 12 ~ PRAYER AND RECEPTIVITY NOW, THE KIND OF TREATMENT we have been talking about is legitimate, only do not stop there; do not let anybody on this path stop there because you haven't yet prayed! All you have done is give yourself a treatment. All you have done is to mentally reassure yourself that the appearances aren't real, but you haven't yet felt the Christ. And what we are interested in is Christ-healing. What we are interested in is the actual Father within-the Christ that liveth in me-the actual awareness of the presence and power of God, dispelling the illusion of sense. We are not satisfied with anything less than that! Therefore, if you give yourself a treatment-again I repeat: never give a treatment to a patient or to a condition-give yourself a treatment to refute the appearance or the person. Then sit there in the silence with that ear of expectancy and let the answer come. Many times it will not be necessary for some of you to go that far; most of the time you will not find it necessary to use that argument. You can take a step higher than that. That step is, when a claim of any kind presents itself to you, whether your own or someone else's, you can take the attitude of sitting down and finding the center of your own being. How you do that, of course, is something else again. I can't give you a process. You may take the word God or Christ or truth, and keep it in your thought and always bring your thought back to that, keeping it up until that awareness comes. That is even higher than using the argument, and you can do it if you are keeping yourself in a spiritual condition. Don't think you can do it if you are coming down continuously to this mortal level of living and indulging all this sense business with horrible movies and disgraceful novels and all that kind of stuff that the rabble fills time and mind with. Don't think you can give part of your time to that and at the same time be in a state of spiritual consciousness where you won't need ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 12, Prayer & Receptivity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:21- 121K
Find Similar Documents