Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 1, Opening The Door To Infinity
- ~ 1 ~ OPENING THE DOOR TO INFINITY CIVILIZATIONS HAVE COME AND GONE; civilizations have lived and died; and there is no guarantee that our present civilization will be permanent. At some future time, a new race of men may find parts of these cracker boxes we call buildings and homes, and they may even discover rock-and-roll records that bear witness to our state of civilization. The point is that just as other civilizations have passed from sight, so many more may also pass from sight before the truth that every mystic has revealed is discovered and demonstrated, which is that man has inherent within himself the capacity to surrender such protective measures as self-preservation and to open the door within his consciousness and receive the Spirit of God. There are two levels of consciousness. There is the spiritual, incorporeal level as described in the first chapter of Genesis. On this level, man created in the image and likeness of God shows forth neither sin, disease, death, lack, limitation, nor any of man's inhumanity to man. Those born into the consciousness of the first chapter of Genesis have neither father nor mother. They are the Melchizedek-consciousness: they are not physical offspring, and they have no human parentage. They are incorporeal. But those born of human parents are born into the level of the second-chapter- of-Genesis creation, the world of mind, the mortal consciousness of good and evil, which constitutes humanhood. It is this humanhood that makes us think that by destroying our enemy or competitor we can live and prosper, or that by taking away somebody's freedom we can become greater. A leaven is necessary to break through the crust of self-preservation. This leaven is the Spirit of God in man, which, when It * is raised up, lifts man to Its level; and then, instead of "man, whose breath is in his nostrils," 1 we now have the son of God, that man who has his being in Christ. The Master acknowledged that there are two men: the man of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pening The Door To Infinity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:43- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 27, Malpractice
- ~ 27 ~ MALPRACTICE I want to digress today in order to clear up a couple of misunderstandings, which are continually causing difficulties to working Scientists. There is a very prevalent belief that hate, envy, jealousy, etc., coming at us through the thoughts of others, can cause physical distress, sickness, or even death. In other words, it is believed that the evil thoughts of others can adversely affect us. It must be thoroughly understood that this is not so. Thoughts of others, even when directed at us, ignorantly or maliciously, have no power to harm us. Nothing from without can enter that "defileth, . . . or maketh a lie." "Christian Science translates mind, God, to mortals. It is the infinite calculus defining the line, plane, space, and fourth dimension of spirit. It absolutely refutes the amalgamation, transmigration, absorption, or annihilation of individuality. It shows the impossibility of transmitting human ills, or evil, from one individual to another; that all true thoughts revolve in God's orbits; they come from God and return to him,-and untruths belong not to his creation, therefore these are null and void." 1 "What can there be besides infinity? Nothing! Therefore the Science of Good calls evil nothing. Here is where Christian Science sticks to its text and other systems of religion abandon their own logic. Here also is found the pith of the basal statement, the cardinal point in Christian Science, that matter and evil (including all inharmony, sin, disease, death) are unreal." 2 "What is the cardinal point of the difference in my metaphysical system? This: that by knowing the unreality of disease, sin, and death, you demonstrate the allness of God. This difference wholly separates my system from all others. The reality of these so- called existences I deny, because they are not to be found in God, and this system is built on Him as the sole cause." 3 "Animal magnetism, hypnotism, etc., are disarmed by the practitioner who excludes from his own ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...rs_ Chapter 27, Malpractice.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:47- 83K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 5, A Purified Consciousness
- A Chapter Five A Purified Consciousness s we become receptive and responsive to the experience of God, we can embrace the whole universe within ourselves in meditation: This universe of God's creating is within me and within all being. God's love enfolds and upholds it. God's love enfolds all who are therein. God's love permeates this universe. All that exists in this universe God created, and it is spiritual. All that exists is of God, and God is the good unto this universe. Whoever it is, wherever it is, whatever it is, it is neither good nor evil but wholly spiritual, as of God. The good which is God permeates and maintains it. Every individual embraced in my consciousness is the son of God, the child of God, the offspring of God, God's own creation-not good and not evil. All those embraced in the spiritual universe are of God and therefore spiritual. Neither Good nor Evil in Form or Effect We do not label anyone good or evil. We place no labels on anyone, nor will we label any condition as good or evil. The moment some form of physical, mental, moral, or financial discord comes into our thought, we strip away the label of good or evil. We see it as a condition that exists, but a condition that exists not as good and not as evil. With such an attitude, we let it be translated into that which it is and thereby behold a harmony or a wholeness where heretofore there was discord or disease. Let us begin with this moment and remember that there is neither good nor evil in this world. Let us place no labels of good or evil upon anyone or anything. We acknowledge God as the only good, and we acknowledge that all that exists partakes of God's goodness. Regardless of any appearance that may be in our thought at this moment, we acknowledge that evil has no real or permanent existence. Whatever the appearance, we will call it neither good nor evil. It is a state of duality to behold good and evil. Whatever we see as a person, situation, or condition becomes good or evil in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...5, A Purified Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:34- 112K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 4, Thought Is Not Power
- ~ 4 ~ THOUGHT IS NOT POWER IT POPPED INTO MY HEAD ONE DAY that thought is not a power, it is an avenue of awareness. It shocked me for a moment, having it come out of a clear sky when I was not asking for it. Then I saw that I, through the avenue of thought, can become aware of people in this room and know whether they are dressed in brown or green or black, but no amount of thinking I do can make it so. Not my thought and not all the thought in this room will change that which is in this room. Therefore, thought, to me, becomes an avenue of awareness. Through thought I have become aware of the great truth that you are the Christ of God. That is what you are and have been since time began. It just took me a long time to find it out-and others are still finding it out. But it was always true, since, "Before Abraham was I am," and nobody's thinking did it. It just is so, as a law of God; and, "Lo, I will be with you always . . ." 1 even unto the end of this human belief of things. Certainly I will, and that is the Christ, the mind that was in Christ Jesus, the soul or spirit of God. If we took all the practitioners out of business today, it should make no difference to a person who has been on this path for any length of time. Our great sin is when we have patients or students for a year or two who still have not learned that God is their infinite, individual, invisible, eternal life, when we have not made it sufficiently clear that the body is the temple of the living God. With a year of this kind of instruction, a body should be reflecting it. The minute you begin to know that the mind that was in Christ Jesus is your mind, from that moment on it is doing something to your body, your business, your income, your human relationships and family relationships. It may seem slow in the beginning, unless you have a tremendous light such as Saul had when he became Paul. In that case it might be quick, but even there, it was nine years after Saul had that experience before ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 4, Thought Is Not Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:19- 104K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 7, Teaching the Message
- ~ 7 ~ TEACHING THE MESSAGE FOR THE BENEFIT OF THOSE who are having the experience of imparting some of this to patients or students, I want to speak for a little while on what we may call teaching The Infinite Way and Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture. By that I don't mean class teaching. By the time that any of you are conducting a class on it, we will have a special class to bring that type of work to a focus. What I mean though, is that if you have a patient or someone coming to you and you are trying to bring about a healing and at the same time introduce them to the subject of spiritual truth from this standpoint, I want to give you some hints along the way. The first thing that must be brought out to the one who either has little or no metaphysics, or the one who is coming from some other school of metaphysics into this, is of course our meaning of terms like "soul," "Christ," and the difference between prayer and treatment. You know that in Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture I have made it clear that to my sense, treatment and prayer are not synonymous. Treatment refers to the letter of truth, the statements of truth that we may make to ourselves as reminders of the truth of being. Treatment may be our conscious realization, through either the spoken word or through silent thought, meditation, introspection, of the truths of being. But prayer would only begin when we had completed thinking or making statements or reviewing thoughts or ideas. In other words, in our work the main point is that there is not God and men; probably this approach is unique in that. You cannot give a treatment to men, because in this approach we haven't any men separate and apart from God. Therefore, what the metaphysical world terms men we term God and man, or God appearing as man. Therefore it would be an impossibility for a practitioner to give a treatment to a man or a woman or a child if he understands clearly that all there is appearing as man, woman or child, is God-the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 7, Teaching the Message.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:20- 115K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 5, Freedom in Christ
- ~ 5 ~ FREEDOM IN CHRIST It is a very difficult thing to impart the idea of Christ wisdom. Christ wisdom differs from human knowledge, even from a human knowledge of truth. Humanly, none of us knows what truth is. Certainly no one knows with the human mind what it is. The wisdom of Christ is not in the realm of human wisdom or understanding. It is a knowledge that transcends all earthly wisdom. The things of God are foolishness with men. 1 In the moment when we recognize that we know nothing about this, and we are not just being modest, in the moment when we go to the Father and humbly say, "I don't know what this is all about, Father," in that moment we begin to touch the hem of the garment. We talk about truth, and we write about truth. We never voice Truth. Only God voices Itself. Only Wisdom, Itself, voices Itself to us, and sometimes through us. In actual truth, It is voicing Itself as us: "I am the truth . . . I am the life. . . . I am the infinite wisdom of the universe." That, in its spiritual meaning, is absolute truth, but that I is not a man, woman, or child; it is not the human "I". That I is God. And when It voices Itself, the wisdom of the ages becomes known. The power of Spirit and Soul becomes visible and tangible, and we see the dead rise; we see the sick and sinning healed; we see some body "lighting up" with a look of wisdom beyond anything of this earthly realm. "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels," 2 if I do not have that divine love which takes no cognizance of mortals and mortal experience, it is not God talking. The entire trouble with our demonstration is the word "I." It is not that we would not subdue the "I," not because we cling to it so much, not because we would not gladly do away with that little "I" or ego; it is not that we would not say, "Not my will, but thine, be done." It is the universal belief of a selfhood apart from God that so forces itself into our thought that we, even we who set ourselves up as having ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 5, Freedom in Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:29- 133K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter VII, For God So Loved the World
- CHAPTER VII FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life. JOHN 3:16 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God. . . . I JOHN 3:1 The secret of the beauty and glory of holiness is God manifest, God incarnate in the flesh. God so loved the world that He gave Himself to this world, appearing visibly as the Son of God, which, according to His promise, I am and which you are. God is my being and God is your being: God is our true identity. Spiritually understood, this earth is heaven. Heaven and earth are one, because God has manifested Himself upon the earth. God has given unto Himself this universe made up of the stars, sun, moon, and planets. God has created for His glory this footstool which we call the earth. All this God has evolved from within Himself, and for His glory. God, in His own great glory, is manifested as individual being. We are not separate and apart from God, but we are the very essence of God, the very selfhood of God, unfolded, revealed, and brought into active expression as individual being. All things in heaven and on earth are given unto us because of this relationship of divine sonship. All things that exist, exist for our purpose. As joint heirs with Christ in God, this earth is ours. From everlasting to everlasting we are fulfilled. God has ordained the law governing the union of Himself with His beloved Son, providing him with all that belongs to the Father, and drawing unto the Son all that the Father has established for him, since before the foundation of the world: "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." I am come that you might have life-My life-My life, your individual life. My life is the life of individual being, knowing no age, knowing no change, knowing no deterioration from its God-estate. But you must live ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... For God So Loved the World.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:29- 76K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter VI, Developing a Healing Consciousness
- CHAPTER VI DEVELOPING A HEALING CONSCIOUSNESS Treatment is a technique employed to lift consciousness to such an elevation that a contact with God is established which permits spiritual power to flow into human activity. It is a recognition of spiritual truth, the purpose of which is to reveal an already existing state of divine harmony. This realization on the part of the person giving the treatment reveals the spiritual identity of the one who has asked for healing so that he can be seen as he spiritually is in God's image and likeness. As has been pointed out, anyone who practices spiritual healing must rise above the level of appearances-above the discords of corporeal sense, of personal sense-to a higher plane of consciousness where there is no person to be healed and where there is room only for the Spirit of God. Treatment is necessary only because a belief of humanhood has become ingrained in individual consciousness. This humanhood, or personal sense, cannot be overcome by trying to be good or by trying to think good thoughts, because any such attempt would merely be a shift from bad humanhood to good humanhood. Such a shift is, of course, desirable humanly, and naturally nearly everybody in the human picture comes eventually to see that human good is better than human evil and desires to be good rather than evil. That, however, is not spiritual demonstration, but only a step forward in human evolution. Real spiritual progress begins when a person is no longer preoccupied with either human good or evil, health or disease, wealth or poverty, but is able to penetrate beyond these to the Christhood which is his spiritual identity. Through such spiritual vision, that which has heretofore been identified as error, or evil, normally and naturally disappears because it is no part of spiritual consciousness. Jesus demonstrated this spiritual consciousness again and again. Although he spoke to his followers in terms of their experience-"Martha, thou art . . . ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ing a Healing Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:32- 114K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 3, Spiritual Power Unveiled
- ... The protection that is necessary is not more or better bombs. I am not a pacifist and am not trying to stop anyone from manufacturing bombs. But the world will be saved by spiritual power alone, and spiritual power comes only through the consciousness of individuals. There has always been spiritual power; but until it comes through a Moses, an Elijah, a Jesus, a Paul, or anyone else who attains this understanding, it is not in evidence. Spiritual power will govern this earth through our individual consciousness in proportion to our not fearing the error and not using spiritual power against the error, just declaring within ourselves "Spiritual power." Someday we will have a body of people in this world touched by the Spirit; they will meet; and peace will be. Peace will come through the activity of the Spirit that is now abroad in the world, touching people of all lands. Those who have been touched by the Spirit are helping and can further help to awaken humanity to this touch of the Spirit by their prayers, by fulfilling acts of Grace- forgiveness, praying for the enemy-but above all, by an understanding of the nature of the Messiah. The Messiah taught, "My kingdom is not of this world." 17 "Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword." 18 Most people think of God as an almighty King; they even sing hymns to the almighty King, the King that goes out before them to slay their enemies, the King that conquers lands for them. The result has been that when conquerors have gone out with armies, there has always been a minister or priest to bless them, as if God sanctioned or could bless the conquering of other peoples. Armies and navies go out to slay, and somebody can always be found to say a prayer for them. All this is based on the erroneous ancient Hebrew teaching that God is an almighty King and that His function is to see that our enemies are slain and that we are victorious. We must always be victorious, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...3, Spiritual Power Unveiled.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 4, The Power of Resurrection
- ~ 4 ~ THE POWER OF RESURRECTION History is filled with accounts of man's attempts to find a power that will be stronger than his fears, and with which he can surmount the fears that make of his life one long nightmare. Every nation has sought to free itself from fear by amassing tremendous concentrations of armaments, but what has been the result of this attempt to settle the world's fears by the use of more and more power? The fears remain, and the enemies! Practically all fears that ever touch an individual, as well as the fears that touch the life of his nation, are related in some way and to some extent to the one word "power": the dreaded power of bombs, the hated power of dictators, or the frightening power inherent in economic cycles. Always there is some power to be feared. Let us suppose right now that we were to withdraw power from the things or persons that we fear, or suppose that we were to withdraw fear from the powers that we fear. Suppose that for just a single moment we could give up the word "power" in thinking of our personal, national, and international relationships. To make this concrete, let us bring it down to ourselves and consider what would happen if you and I determined to live in a relationship in which we never used the word "power," never thought of any power that we have over one another, or of using a power to get our way or to enforce our will. Under such a relationship, I would want to live in harmony with you, and you would want to live in harmony with me, but we would no longer have access to any power. In other words, we would have no way of enforcing our will, desire, or hopes. Where would we be then in relationship to one another, with each of us desiring harmony, peace, joy, and friendship, and yet no longer being able to promise or threaten each other? By withdrawing the word "power" from our experience, and all that it implies, it would seem that we have placed ourselves in an absolutely defenseless position. To continue ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Power of Resurrection.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 142K
Find Similar Documents