The Heart of Mysticism: May 1955, The Comforter
- CHAPTER FIVE: MAY The Comforter "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?" (I Cor. 3:16.) THE time is approaching when the world will be so filled with the conscious realization of the Presence of God that all evil or error will be dispelled by the very presence of man. The great secret of life is this: God is incarnated in man. God is manifest as man. God is in the midst of you-". . . the place where thou standest is holy ground." There is just as much of God in you, right where you are, as there would be if the heavens could open and God Itself come into you. If this were not true Jesus could not have healed, neither could the disciples nor the apostles, nor the metaphysical and spiritual practitioners of this day. You are divine, because the Spirit of God is manifest as your very being. God has embodied Itself as your Soul, Mind and Spirit. God, in Its essence, is invisible, God, in Its expression, is visible as you and as me. In the days of old the Hebrews thought the Messiah was a man, but the One whom they thought was the Messiah said, "Before Abraham was, I am." Messiah is the Spirit of God in man, and the Hebrews who prophesied the coming of the Messiah were absolutely correct, except that they put it in time and space. The Messiah does not come in time and space: It comes in consciousness. The Christ, or Messiah, is born when you recognize the Presence of the Spirit of God in you. Never is this external: always it is within you, but the effect is external. Love goes before you and is felt by all whom you touch. "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you . . . I will send him unto you." The Comforter is your divine state of consciousness; that area of your consciousness which is the Christ, the Spirit of Truth the Savior, the Messiah. All of this is within you, and the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...sm_ May 1955, The Comforter.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:07- 133K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 5, God Is Omnipotent
- ~ 5 ~ GOD IS OMNIPOTENT IF WE EVER HOPE to reach the height of prayer, a further preparatory step must be taken, without which there is no way to receive God or to remove the barrier that has heretofore separated us from the kingdom of God. That step is to know that God is the only power and that there is no more power in mind or thought than there is in matter, and we must know why. We can use the mind for good or we can use the mind for evil-it all depends upon our nature. We can use our thoughts to heal or to malpractice. We can use the power of mind to give a person his freedom or to dominate him and hold him in slavery. Look around the world and see if there are not some persons being held in religious ignorance and superstition. And are not whole nations being held in slavery through the mental power of false ideologies? Does not the advertising world in many cases use the power of mind and thought falsely and ignorantly to catch our unwary dollars? When we begin to see these things, then we can understand that mind and thought with their good and evil are not of God. Because they are not of God, they are not power. Only God, Spirit, is power, and besides Spirit there is no other power. All of us have probably given treatments and watched colds, flu, and dozens of other things dissolve just by knowing that there are no material powers. Now go further and release people from cancer, tuberculosis, and polio by knowing that the son of God is not held in any mental bondage, and that there is no superstition, fear, or ignorance to hold him in slavery. This universe is governed by law; Spirit is the only lawgiver; and the only law with real power is spiritual law. Thank You, Father, that You are Spirit and that Spirit is the only power. There are no powers on earth for You to destroy, for You to overcome, for You to remove. Your law alone is power, and Your law is a spiritual law governing all creation. I am not turning to You to destroy evil: I am turning to You in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 5, God Is Omnipotent.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:25- 118K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter XIII, Fear Not
- CHAPTER XIII FEAR NOT Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed: for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. ISAIAH 41:10 Fear not: "There remaineth . . . a rest to the people of God," a rest from anxious thought-taking, a rest from fear, a rest from doubt and concern. In this state of rest, the power of grace descends and the presence of God flows into immediate expression as our experience. Receive the gift of God without labor, struggle, or strain. In quietness and confidence, in a resting from anxiety and fear, let God reveal Itself. Let God express Itself. Let God live our lives. Let there be no more "I" or "you" separate and apart from the Father, but let the Father be our life. In conscious union with God, the mind rests. The human mind is no longer concerned with the problems of today or tomorrow, because the Soul's union with God-the conscious realization of God-reveals God as the fulfillment of every need even before the need is apparent. Concern, fear, and doubt vanish in the midst of fulfillment; the true meaning of the words, "Fear not," is revealed. In conscious union with God, the mind of God functions as our mind, as our experience, and as our life. Then the human mind rests and performs its proper function as an avenue of awareness. This state of rest is an inner peace which is not attained by anything in the realm of effect. Even a thought or a statement of truth is an effect, and that is why using the mind to repeat stereotyped statements about God often does not induce peace. It is not thoughts about God that result in answered prayer. Thought about God is not the creative principle of the universe: God, Itself, is the creative principle and God is known only when the human mind is at rest. God is the consciousness of individual being; therefore, infinity is the measure of that being. Nothing can be added to you; nothing can be taken from you. No good can come to you; no evil ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ion_ Chapter XIII, Fear Not.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:30- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 5, Resting in Oneness
- 5) Resting in Oneness It is a grave responsibility when someone comes to you for spiritual help. He is coming to be fed, spiritually fed; he expects help, and you cannot give him a stone. If, at the moment, however, you are not living out from that high consciousness which enables you to give that help, you may reach that state through the process of a contemplative meditation. This contemplative meditation should consist of every statement that you can bring to conscious remembrance that has to do with the truth that Spirit is the only power-not matter and not mind. Spirit, divine Consciousness, is the only power; invisible Cause is the only power. Dwell upon every truth that will establish in you the conviction that all power is spiritual, all power is invisible, and that there is no power in effect. The truth is that no effect is power, whether that effect appears as a person or a thing. Many persons wonder how long this meditation should be. The answer is quite simple. It should continue until you have lost all fear of the condition that has been brought to you for healing. You must continue working with these truths until you feel an inner release, a "click," an inner feeling that tells you that this appearance is only the "arm of flesh," 1 only temporal power, nothingness; and since it is not of God, it has no power. Since it is not of God, it has no life; since it is not of God, it has no continuity, no substance, no being, no externalized form. When you are able to rest in that realization in complete silence, your meditation is at an end. That does not necessarily mean that your patient is going to be instantaneously healed. True, it is possible for him to be instantaneously healed, but on the other hand his lack of receptivity may not enable him to accept a healing through one realization, two, or even a hundred. FERTILE SOIL Many factors enter into the healing that have to do, not so much with you as a practitioner, but with your patients. Sometimes they ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 5, Resting in Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:04- 163K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 12, Mind and Its Idea One
- ~ 12 ~ MIND AND ITS IDEA ONE Mind and its idea, life and its expression, these are one, inseparable and indivisible. The continuity of life is maintained by infinite and eternal law, or principle. The Son of God is forever one with the Father. That which God has created is forever manifested. In other words, life cannot be deprived of its manifestation; spirit cannot lose its formations, mind cannot be separated from its ideas; love always expresses itself, and the varied expressions of love are eternal and immortal. This is true of God and man, of God and his activity. God, life, truth, love, harmony, perfection, all these are infinite in being and in manifestation. Error, evil, disease are appearances without entity or identity, without presence or power, without law, action, volition, or continuity. Having no law to enforce them, they have no being; having no cause or creator, they do not exist as effect. Infinite life, its activity and harmony are eternally expressed as God's manifested being-man and the universe. There is not a single element of error, discord, or fear in either God or his son, in mind or its idea, in spirit or its formations, in life or its expressions. This is the law of life and the law of mind-the ever-operating law of good. It reveals the reality of being, dispelling the false appearances of sense. This is the law unto you. The basic premise of Christian Science is that God is infinite being and that man is that being expressed in all its perfection and harmony. Therefore, a sick, sinning, evil, unkind, ungenerous man has no existence anywhere at any time, and the belief that there is such a man must be overcome in your thought. "Man is the expression of God's being" 1 -"God is infinite, therefore ever present, and there is no other power nor presence." 2 It follows, then, that you are being called upon to refute the testimony of the senses and to behold "in Science the perfect man . . . where sinning mortal man appears to mortals." 3 This ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 12, Mind and Its Idea One.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:44- 100K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 6, Mind Imbued with Truth
- ~ 6 ~ MIND IMBUED WITH TRUTH Mind is an instrument of awareness. Through the mind we can know and become aware of people, things, and ideas. With the mind we reason; with the mind we think. A human being can gain control of his mind if he is willing to study and practice to attain this mastery; and he can use his mind for a reasoning, a thinking, or a contemplative purpose. But it is the human being who is using his mind, and therefore, that mind must be an instrument or an effect: it cannot be a cause. There is an I behind the mind. There is an I who thinks through the mind and reasons with the mind. In other words, there is an I who uses the mind. Therefore, that I is greater than the mind. Through the instrumentality of the mind, we can think good thoughts or bad thoughts; we can perpetrate good deeds or bad deeds. Mind can be aware of good or of evil. If the mind is the creator of thought, however, and can create good thoughts as well as evil thoughts, then God certainly is not mind. How could mind be God if mind can be the instrument both of good and of evil? God is too pure to behold iniquity; God is light; in Him is no darkness at all; and when we penetrate beyond mind, we are in the realm of neither good nor evil: we are in the realm of pure Being. To have received illumination in any degree is to have revealed within our own being the truth that God is good-not good and evil: good! God is love-not love and hate, just love! God is life-not life and death, just life! God is one, and there is no duality in God, nor are there any pairs of opposites in Him. Once illumination is attained, we are living beyond the pairs of opposites in a consciousness of neither good nor evil. In that state of consciousness, we cannot be good and we cannot be evil: we can just be. The sun cannot be good or evil: it can just shine. If we are out in the sun for the proper length of time, the effect on us is good, but if we are out in it too long and get a severe sunburn, the effect ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 6, Mind Imbued with Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 132K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 4, When We Are Tempted By Good And Evil
- IV when we are tempted by good and evil I HAVE KNOWN FROM the beginning that we were deal- ing with a spiritual universe and that the evil in it wasn't real, but I never knew why, nor did I know how we came into this state of being out of Eden until the revelation came. The revelation came in those passages where God said, "Who told you that you were naked?" 1 And then I knew that something was wrong. Then, when it said, "the knowledge of good and evil," 2 and Adam and Eve were thrown out of Eden-that gave me the whole secret. Eden represents our spiritual domain. Eden represents the state of harmony or heaven. Eden represents our immortality, our state of divine being. What threw us out of that into what the Master called "this world"? 3 There it is, as plain as anyone can read: the knowledge of good and evil-that's what did it. For weeks I didn't get over the shaking that I got from the intensity of that revelation-that the cause of all the trouble on the face of the earth is the belief in good and evil; nobody can stay in the Garden of Eden, of harmony, of perfection, while they are accepting in their mind the belief of good and evil. But everybody can go back into Eden and be pure, and have lives by grace, not by the sweat of the brow; by grace, by the gift of God, by giving up the belief of good and evil; by being willing to concede that there's no good man on earth and no bad one; no good woman on earth, no bad one; no good child on earth, no bad one. There is neither good nor bad. Thinking would make it so. Yes, you can decide that this is good, and the other one can decide that is good. You can decide this is evil, and the other one can decide that is evil. But you withdraw your estimate, your opinion, your concept, and declare that "in all of heaven and earth, nothing is good or evil-only God Itself, the Invisible, is the all-good; nothing visible, nothing that you can see, hear, taste, touch, or smell is good, nor is it evil, nor has it any qualities like ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 4.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 139K
Find Similar Documents
God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 4, God Formed Man for His Glory
- Chapter Four God Formed Man for His Glory But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. I Corinthians 2:14 If a spiritual message such as the Infinite Way sounds like foolishness to you, it is because you are seeing and hearing as a human being and can be counted among those of whom Jesus spoke, "Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not?"1 If, on the other hand, this message makes sense to you, it is because your human sense of life is becoming fainter and your spiritual discernment is being awakened and aroused to perceive it. In a colloquy with his disciples the Master asked: Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. . . . But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. Matthew 16:13-17 It was as if Jesus had said to the disciples: "The mind did not tell you that; your eyes did not see it; your ears did not hear it: the Father within you, your spiritual sense, revealed it to you." So it is with a spiritual message. You will never learn a spiritual message merely through the physical senses, not by seeing or by hearing. You will learn a spiritual message when your heavenly Father, that is, your spiritual consciousness, is awake and reveals to you that this is truth, this is the Christ, this is reality. Then are you able to accept it, receive it, respond to it, and demonstrate it. Thought Is Not Power Some persons have accepted the belief that their human mind is God and that by thinking good thoughts they will come true. There are some who believe that if you send them a good thought it will benefit them, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...od Formed Man for His Glory.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:32- 120K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 5, True Identity
- ~ 5 ~ TRUE IDENTITY Our most important need is the constant reminder of our true identity. Only as we live in the consciousness that "I and my Father are one" 1 can we receive the continuous unfoldment of good. We must always be alert to the truth that there is not God and man, because there is but one life and one mind. This life and mind, which is God, is your life and mind, so it cannot be two. All discord and disease has its origin in the belief that we have a mind and life separate and apart from God. There is but one. We must remember that there is no law or power acting upon us, but that we are the law unto our body, business, home, supply. We have dominion over all that is in the sky, on the earth and under the water. We are the law unto it, whatever its name or nature. We exist as consciousness, embodying within ourselves every idea in the universe, and every idea is subject to and controlled by the consciousness in which it exists-not by "taking thought," but through the unlabored energy of mind, life, forever expressing itself. It follows that the allness of God, good, eliminates the possibility of evil in person, place, thing or circumstance, and any appearance of evil is but illusion. When the drunkard is awakened to the realization that his snakes exist only as illusion, he is healed, but as long as he thinks of them as something actual, he will want to get rid of them. Rid of what? Nothing-appearing as snakes. When we realize that all disease exists as illusion only, we are healed (and one heals others), because we no longer try to get rid of a condition which does not exist. Mrs. Eddy once asked: if a patient came to you telling you they had feathers growing all over the body, would you give a treatment to remove the feathers, or would you waken your patient to see that they never had any feathers? This is our cue in healing. Be not concerned for what condition the patient claims to have. Awaken them to their true identity, and they will then see ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s_ Chapter 5, True Identity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:41- 95K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Five, Spiritual Attainment Through Prayer
- CHAPTER FIVE SPIRITUAL ATTAINMENT THROUGH PRAYER Spiritual healing can be accomplished in several ways: It may come about through those who possess a healing consciousness, are fully aware of this gift which has been bestowed upon them through the grace of God, and use it to bless mankind; it may be experienced by some person who has no knowledge whatsoever of spiritual things, but who may have unknowingly brought himself within the healing orbit of God's grace; or it may be that a conscious knowing of the correct letter of truth, that is, the principles of truth, eventually leads to the development of that spiritual consciousness necessary for healing. Since most healing is brought about through treatment, that is, through first knowing the correct letter of truth, every metaphysical student, regardless of which approach he chooses or elects to follow, should be able to give an intelligent treatment. This, however, has nothing to do with making affirmations and denials or uttering metaphysical clichés because such procedures are far removed from the giving of intelligent and loving treatments. All metaphysical teachings have as their goal the bringing of spiritual living into the experience of their students, and giving them some understanding of the nature of treatment, so that, through the practice of treatment, spiritual consciousness may be developed. The spiritual consciousness which is so essential to the healing work cannot be achieved through blind faith, however, nor merely by making metaphysical statements, even if, and though, the statements are true. Behind every statement of truth uttered and behind every treatment given, there must be understanding. THE PRINCIPLE OF ONE POWER No one can give a spiritual healing treatment intelligently unless, first, he anchors himself in the realization that since God is all power, there is no power that is required to do anything to anything, for anything, or for anybody, for any reason. We do not even need ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...l Attainment Through Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:59- 110K
Find Similar Documents