The Early Years: Chapter 2, God
- ~ 2 ~ GOD "Spiritual sense is a conscious, constant capacity to understand God." 1 Many have tried to "explain" God, but so far none (to my knowledge) have ever succeeded. God must be individually experienced. Because of generations of belief in material being we seem to be far removed from God, and only as we live in "prayer without ceasing," that is, dwelling on the thought of God, will it be possible for the experience, or revelation, of God to come to us. Most people either believe in, or believe that there is a God, but this is far from knowing, far from the assurance and the consciousness of the presence of God. Spiritual sense alone reveals it, and spiritual sense is developed through the conscious dwelling in thought of God, and what it is, and where we find it. We should also dwell on the subject: What is man? We are familiar with the statement from the Greek Temple, "Know thyself." Well, close your eyes, get quiet inside, and ask yourself: "What am I?" If arms, legs, head, and brain are not me but mine, who is this possessor of the body and mind? If I think, who and what is the thinker? These thoughts lead to the understanding of God. Do we think often enough of what the word "God" means to us? Not what it means to our friends or neighbors, but what it means to us! Man is the manifestation of God, and how can we know man until we know that of which he is constituted. The manifestation of God is not a mortal, a material being. God can be manifest only in its nature, character, and quality. Therefore, the attempt to heal or enrich a human cannot be the way to manifest God. As we dwell in thought on what the nature of divine being is, we behold man, the manifestation of divine being, and there we find the infinity, eternality, and harmony of our own being. "Therefore the world (mankind) knoweth us not, because it knew him (divine being) not." 2 God manifests itself as love, life, being; and man is that love, life, and being made manifest. "Ye shall know the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Early Years_ Chapter 2, God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:40- 85K
Find Similar Documents
The GIft of Love: Chapter 9, Upholding Your Loved Ones Spiritually
- ~ 9 ~ UPHOLDING YOUR LOVED ONES SPIRITUALLY It is natural for you to want to place those you love in God's care and, as a matter of fact, unless this is consciously done by someone, your loved ones will not be in God's care. So each day realize the activity of the presence of God and then wait for God to place the seal on your meditation: "Whither shall I flee from thy presence?" Whither shall those of my household flee from Thy presence? Thy presence fills all space. Thy kingdom is within the very consciousness of those of my household, and God is dwelling in His kingdom. Every person in this household is the abiding place of God; his mind is the temple of God; his body is the temple of God; and God is in His dwelling place now. The Spirit of God is the very breath of his being, the very life of his body, and the very intelligence of his mind. God envelops him for God is in him and he is in God. In God's presence is fullness of life, and every individual in this household, being always in the presence of God, is always in the presence of the fullness of life. The place whereon he stands is holy ground. He and his heavenly Father are one and inseparable, indivisible, and he cannot stray from God's presence whether at work or at home. God walks with him and as him; God talks with him and as him.
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Your Loved Ones Spiritually.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:55- 77K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: January 26, 1964, Meditation: God Fulfilling God
- MEDITATION: GOD FULFILLING GOD January 26, 1964 YOU NOTICE THAT I have a meditation before I talk, and one thing you can be sure of is that I am not meditating for myself. Meditating almost day and night for some part of every hour, my own needs and the needs of The Infinite Way are well taken care of. Therefore my attitude is usually this: Whether there are just two or three or four of us meditating together, whether I am meditating for this Sunday noon group, for our Sunday morning group, or for any lecture or class, the object of meditation is the realization of the Presence. What I would like you to see is this: Right now there are twenty-four of you sitting here in front of me, and since I do not have the faintest idea of what you may need or desire, the only way in which I can pray for you, meditate for you, is to forget you individually and collectively as people-forget your needs or your desires-and turn in for a realization of the Presence, for the realization of divine grace. As I succeed in attaining that awareness, the presence of God is consciously realized and then every one of you who is receptive to the will of God must find yourself benefitted in some measure. This would probably not be true if you were outlining the form that God's grace should take. If you were expecting God to remove your pains, your sins or your lacks, perhaps you would not receive anything from my meditation. If your desire was also for divine grace and you had completely wiped out of your thought any form of grace that you wanted to receive, you would then be receptive to the Presence that I had realized, and you would receive God's grace in some form. It may not be in the form which you expect, because as a rule we entertain our own opinions or concepts of what constitutes fulfillment. We do not sufficiently believe that the kingdom of God is utterly different from what the Master called "this world," and even when our students pay lip service to the statement "My kingdom is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...itation_ God Fulfilling God.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:13- 69K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: The True Sense of the Universe
- THE TRUE SENSE OF THE UNIVERSE THE BELIEFS WE ENTERTAIN about the body constitute our sense of body. The truth about body is something entirely different from our concepts of it. The body itself is perfect. It is as immortal and eternal as Soul, God, which is the substance and Principle of the body. Your body - seen through the universal material beliefs of the world - was born, matures, ages and dies. This very body when correctly known, that is, spiritually discerned, is the very appearing of Soul-substance, Spirit-substance, eternal being. It is neither functional nor organic. What appears to us as functions and organs are our false finite concepts of the activity of Mind appearing as spiritual body or spiritual formation. As long as we entertain a material concept of body, we will have concern for it - we will cater to it - and find in it both pain and pleasure. As we continue to lift our concept of body until we gain the realization of what our body really is, we will find less and less of either pain or pleasure in it until we arrive at the state of consciousness where we realize the body as an impersonal vehicle or mode of expression. Every suggestion of discomfort or inharmony coming from the body must be met instantly with the understanding of the true nature of body as spiritual. Only as we understand that errors of sense exist merely as suggestion and false sense, can we find freedom from the pains and pleasures of the body. We are never correcting the body, its so-called organs or functions. We are correcting the false concept or sense of body. All we have said here about body is equally true about business, home, security, wealth. "My kingdom is not of this world." There is nothing of God, or reality, in the world we see, hear, taste, touch or smell. The failure of religion in this age is due to the lack of this vision. Theology is attempting to spiritualize a mortal concept of God - called man. This man and his universe is no part of God, because God ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... True Sense of the Universe.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:19- 91K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Part 2, Foreword - The Meditation of My Heart
- FOREWORD THE MEDITATION OF MY HEART Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer. PSALMS 19:14 Meditation is an experience, and inasmuch as this experience is an individual one, it can never be confined within the limits of any predetermined pattern. Meditate; pray; dwell in the secret place of the most High in quietness and in peace; and you will discover that the truth you are seeking already abides within you. Christ, the great light, is within you. Christ is the healer; Christ is the multiplier of loaves and fishes; Christ is that which supports, maintains, and sustains; but It is already within you. You will never find health, supply, or companionship by searching for them. These are embodied within you and they will unfold from your within-ness, as you learn to commune with the Father. You can draw on your Christhood for anything, and it will flow out from you to the extent of your realization of this truth. You are self-complete in God. Christ is your true identity, and in Christ, you are fulfilled in all your completeness. In this self-completeness in God, there is only one thing for which to pray; there is only one thing needful-spiritual illumination. Knock, and the door will be opened to you. Ask for spiritual illumination, for the gift of the Spirit, and God will reveal Itself as fulfillment. In moments of uplifted consciousness, the ensuing meditations unfolded from within, revealing the gifts of the Spirit. These meditations follow no established or prescribed pattern, but each one is an expression of the spiritual impulse flowing into form. They are not to be followed slavishly nor are they to be used as a formula. Their only purpose is to serve as an inspiration, so that you may glimpse the beauty and joy of this experience and be encouraged to undertake the discipline required to discover the unplumbed depths of your own within-ness and, in so doing, launch forth into ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... The Meditation of My Heart.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:31- 67K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: January 20, 1963, The Individual Under God
- THE INDIVIDUAL UNDER GOD January 20, 1963 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii LAST WEEK WE SPOKE about the sin of mediocrity. But that can be misconstrued; in fact, the whole subject of individuality can be misconstrued. Everything good has been accomplished through an individual, but so has everything evil been accomplished through an individual. In other words, if we are left to ourselves regardless of talents, they can turn into either good or evil. Even knowledge can be turned into good or bad. In the days of the Black and White Brotherhoods, though their education was the same, the White Brotherhood used knowledge for good, the Black Brotherhood used knowledge for evil. Only when an individual is under God does everything he does serve a purpose of God. No greater issue is before the world today than the individual-the individual under God. Not under God, you have destruction. The cliché that in union there is strength is a fallacy. There was no greater union than England and its empire. Certainly, there was no stronger union than Holland and its colonies. But not being under God, it has been broken. In Russia today the people have as much respect for the individual as we have. Individuals, not the masses, create nuclear power: astronauts, scientists, executives-but individuals not under God. For us there must be a definite knowledge that nothing exists greater than individual capacity and individual integrity, but the individual under God. Only then do we have a government under God and a government working for the common good. An individual can only develop spiritually when he comes to know God aright. When we see a statement like, "I depend not on God nor devil but on my own power," unless it strikes up against a consciousness of truth, that statement can go out and control the world because the world has not understood the non-power of temporal power. Truth always destroys temporal power, but it is the knowing of the truth. Always remember that evil can ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...3, The Individual Under God.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:13- 88K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Prayer
- PRAYER SHALL I TELL YOU why there is so much lack of demonstration in metaphysical circles? It is because there is a dependence on statements of Truth - affirmations and denials - instead of an effort to make an actual contact or realization of God- being. Talk about God - Truth - wholeness - health will not do. Talk less. Pray more. What is prayer? Is it some word or message you send to God? No. Prayer is the Word of God which comes to you when you are silent enough, still enough, expectant enough to receive it. This Word of God which you receive in Silence becomes visible as health, harmony, success, peace, joy and dominion where all the world may see it. Until every one of us can report that we receive the Word of God continuously, that we can almost at will feel the divine Presence, there will be need of these reminders. From this point on, there is very little need of our learning more Truth. You already know what God is; what the Christ is; what man is; and you know the nature of error and how it claims to operate. At least you can pass an oral or written examination on these subjects and get no less than 100 per cent. Every one of us is intellectually clear on these major points of metaphysics. If any of you doubt your complete understanding of these metaphysical truths, then hurry up and get yourself letter perfect in them: God - Christ - man - error. The next step is prayer, or treatment. I prefer to think of treatment as a conscious realization, through argument, of the truth about God, Christ, man and error; and prayer as the spiritual consciousness of Truth through Silence. In other words, treatment would deal with the letter, or argument, leading up to realization, and prayer would be the pure Silence and receptivity to the spiritual consciousness of harmony. You understand, of course, that ordinarily in metaphysics treatment and prayer are synonymous, but that I have made this distinction for myself. To me, prayer is a state of receptivity in which ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tation of Scripture_ Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:17- 80K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 14, Faith
- ~ 14 ~ FAITH Should you hope? How different from the woman who asked Jesus to heal her daughter and was refused! Through her persistence, she finally received the gift of healing. Let me start by telling you the first thing you must do is to agree to see the problem objectively, that is, as something out there which does not belong to you. We must learn to give up self, whether it comes in the form of self-pity, self- righteousness, or any of the other phases of self. As a matter of fact, any good that you have done in the world was not done by you, really, nor is it to your credit. God manifests his goodness to the world and we are his offspring, so that all credit for all good belongs solely to him. Truth heals. If you have seen it work only a few times, you know that it does. Is any form of error an actual condition? You know that it is nothing but a suggestion or appearance. It is, therefore, mental and can be met with the knowing of the truth about God and man. When you see converging rails, does it mean that here is a physical condition of discord and that the rails must be physically separated again? No, you know that this is an appearance or suggestion and cannot be met physically. It must be met mentally by knowing the truth about the situation. The body is not sick. Matter does not pain. Eyes do not see. These are mental arguments and must be refuted with the truth about God and man or, rather, with the understanding that what appears as man is mind manifested. Therefore, what is this discord or disease but appearance or argument? Error comes to individual thought as suggestion or argument and it is there that it must be met. Remember, error is never in the other person; it comes to your thought or my thought. We either accept it as a reality, or reject it for the lying argument that it is. Do not ask any whys at this point, but accept it as fact, put it into immediate practice without a single question and hold steadfastly without wavering-no question, no ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ly Years_ Chapter 14, Faith.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:45- 78K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Salesmanship
- Salesmanship SCIENTIFIC CHRISTIANITY has revealed to human thought the present possibility of health and success. It has shown us how to think and live so as to individualize the power of Spirit, God, and how to utilize the laws of Mind with which to establish and maintain the harmony of mind, body and business. One of the outstanding facts learned through the study and application of Truth to human affairs concerns the subject of salesmanship. All our earthly experiences involve to some extent the ability to sell. Many are actively engaged in selling commodities or services as a means of earning a living. The understanding of Truth is of vital importance to these "ambassadors of trade," as salespeople are often called. We ordinarily think of selling as the disposition of goods or services to another for a sum of money or for some other form of trade. The best salesman is believed to be the one who can dispose of the most goods, or secure the highest prices for his product. These goals are attained in various ways, some of them ethical, others called "high-pressure salesmanship" which would not be considered in a business conducted according to the Golden Rule. The student of Truth would always be the most successful salesman if he rightly understood and applied the laws of Mind in his work. Christian scientific selling can never meet with failure. It knows no "bad seasons" or "rainy weather" or "unseasonable weather" or any other of the innumerable excuses or alibis that are frequently given instead of orders. The beginning of our understanding, or the starting point, is this: There is but one Mind, and this Mind is the Mind of individual man. Therefore the Mind of the buyer is the Mind of the seller; the Mind of the customer is the Mind of the storekeeper; the Mind of the designer, the manufacturer, the wholesaler, retailer and ultimate consumer is one and the same Mind, the ONLY Mind, individually expressed. The importance of this fundamental understanding ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...oel Goldsmith_ Salesmanship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:14- 68K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 9, The Argument or Treatment
- ~ 9 ~ THE ARGUMENT OR TREATMENT If the teacher of spiritual wisdom could sit and hear in the silence and then let the divine Consciousness impart the truth to his students, there would be little possibility of any misunderstanding, but because words cloak the real meaning, it is necessary for the student to discern the meaning between the lines. As you know, I myself do not use affirmations and denials, and I disapprove heartily of their use in this work. Such things as reciting any statement, however scientific it may appear to be, twenty-five or a hundred times, or repeating the Lord's Prayer ten times, or affirming, "Every day prosperity is making me rich," are decidedly no part of the Infinite Way. That statement needs clarification, however, because the argument is used in this work and is that part of the work which I call treatment. Most of the time, you may use very little treatment, but on the other hand, there are occasions when you may use a great deal of treatment. Ordinarily in the course of the day when a call for help comes over the telephone or by letter, very little in the way of treatment should be necessary because the state of consciousness in which the practitioner or teacher lives and which he maintains should be sufficient to meet all needs. It must be realized that the call for help has nothing to do with a person; it is just suggestion. Most healings are brought about through nothing more nor less than some such statement as, "I will be with you," or, "I will take care of it," or, "I am standing by," but back of those statements is the consciousness of truth, spoken or unspoken. It must be understood, of course, that I means God. When a practitioner assures the patient, "I am standing by," he means that God is standing by and, therefore, his patient is in the best hands in the world. However, it would be very dangerous if the practitioner made such a statement merely as a human being, because, as a human being, the practitioner can do ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Argument or Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:18- 113K
Find Similar Documents