God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 1, Individual Unfoldment of Consciousness
- ~ 1 ~ INDIVIDUAL UNFOLDMENT OF CONSCIOUSNESS The primary mission of The Infinite Way is inner unfoldment, the revelation of truth from within our own being. The written word is the least important part of this work; that which is not written or spoken is the greater teaching. Human teachers are but temporary helps on the way. Only from within comes the illumination which makes it possible for some to heal and to be able to teach that "the kingdom of God is within you" 1 and that you are the fulfillment of God. The real teacher receives inspiration and illumination and is able to impart these only because he has the realization that "I can of mine own self do nothing 2 . . . the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works." 3 Therefore, this "Father within" comes as an impersonal presence to awaken the receptive thought to the divinity of the individual. "And they shall be all taught of God." 4 My conscious oneness with God makes me one with all those who are able to receive the Word at this level of consciousness. Your conscious oneness with God makes you receptive and responsive to all truth. Wherever there is a receptive thought, God speaks. Wherever spiritual being is manifested, God is present. Since God manifests and expresses its own being as you, you are as infinite as God-not just a little portion of God. God does not divide itself, but manifests, expresses, reveals, unfolds, and discloses itself as you and as me. It is a state of Christ-consciousness in which God speaks, God moves, God acts. When I speak or write about the letter of truth, that is the least part of the activity which is going on in my consciousness. Always, as a teacher of truth, my consciousness is alert and awake and transcends anything concerning the letter of truth which I might impart. That consciousness, which is the divinity of my being, is also the divinity of your being; it is the divine consciousness of you and is arousing you to an awareness of its own divine qualities, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Unfoldment of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:33- 115K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 11, States & Stages of Consciousness
- ~ 11 ~ STATES AND STAGES OF CONSCIOUSNESS And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant. Jeremiah 1:9, 10 That was not said to a man; that was said to a state of consciousness, a state of spiritual consciousness. That state of consciousness not only roots out, but it also plants; it destroys, but it builds. The only thing that it tears down and destroys is a false sense, a false sense of God, a false sense of the universe, a false sense of your individual being and body: What it builds up is the realization of true identity-a knowledge of the world as it really is and of all that is in the world. There are states and stages of consciousness, however, and when we are working in the human world with our human resources, with our human wisdom and physical strength, we are living in and through a material state of consciousness. The world as a whole was for the most part in a state of material consciousness until the middle of the nineteenth century when it advanced into a more mental state of consciousness. Always, there have been a few people who have to some extent known the mental realm-the artists, writers, and visionaries of all time. When the power of the mind was first brought to the attention of the world at large during the middle of the last century, the world seemed ready to advance into a mental state of consciousness, and it began to do mentally what had formerly been performed physically. In other words, healings of the body which had formerly been accomplished by means of medicines, herbs, or plasters now were being brought about by "thinking thoughts," by mental suggestion, at times even auto-suggestion. All types of healing by mental means came into being, from the out-and-out hypnotic to that which was just a mild form of suggestion or auto-suggestion. The Mystical State ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s & Stages of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:35- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter XIV, The Tabernacle of God
- CHAPTER XIV THE TABERNACLE OF GOD How amiable are thy tabernacles, O Lord of hosts. . . . My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the Lord: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God. PSALMS 84:1-2 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple. PSALMS 27:4 Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill? . . . He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart. PSALMS 15:1; 24:4 People of every faith have had their holy place of worship-a temple, mosque, or church-where the earnest seeker could tabernacle with his God. The structure, itself, and the objects of devotion within the sanctuary were all designed to lead the Soul to God; but, in reality, meeting God face to face is not dependent upon worship in a particular place or upon adherence to a prescribed ritual. The rites practiced are but the outer symbols of an inner search for God, and each symbol has its own deep meaning and significance. An illustration of this search for God, and one replete with symbology, is the worship in the tabernacle of the Lord as described in minutest detail in the Old Testament. The Hebrew temple or tabernacle was in the shape of a parallelogram, with its sides facing north and south, and its ends east and west. It consisted of three parts: the outer court; the holy place; and the Holy of Holies. The court was open to all for worship. In this outer courtyard was found a burning brazier, which was a great brazen altar, located near the entrance, into which offerings, voluntarily brought by the people, were burned. Between the brazier and the door of the temple stood a laver, constructed of brass, where the priests of the temple washed their hands and feet, preparatory to offering sacrifices or before entering the temple. The holy place was accessible only to the príests. On the north side of it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... XIV, The Tabernacle of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:30- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: March 29, 1964, Freedom Is an Activity Within Your Own Consciousness
- FREEDOM IS AN ACTIVITY WITHIN YOUR OWN CONSCIOUSNESS March 29, 1964 Between Two Worlds Honolulu, Hawaii THE HUMAN BEING LIVES in a world of material sense, and this means that his measurement of life consists of amounts, weights, degrees, abundances, limitations. One of the first things an infant learns is that two things cannot occupy the same space at the same time. In other words, when he hits his head against a table he discovers that either the head or the table belongs there, but not both. As we grew up we measured everything in that manner; in relationship of power we ascribed good power to some germs and evil power to some germs. We ascribed powers of good to some individuals, powers of evil to other individuals. Therefore, in the materialistic sense of life we are always conferring powers upon some one or some thing. The entire human experience is made up of this combination of good and evil, externalized good and evil, and we give power to everything external to ourselves. As a matter of fact we seldom reserve any power at all, any dominion to our selves. Practically everything good comes from someone or something, and practically everything evil comes from someone or something, and we are either the beneficiary or the victim. Rarely do we acknowledge that we have dominion. This is the materialistic concept of life. As you come to a mystical teaching you begin to reverse this, and as a rule you start with the word God. Not only do you begin to give more power to God and less power to the external world, but you even give power to God "over" the external world. In other words you turn to God as a power over disease, and all orthodox religion is built on that premise because all of their prayers are for healing or for well-being. Unlike the metaphysicians, they do not have the same faith that it is going to happen, but orthodoxy does give lip service to the belief that God is a power over disease. It is in this same way that families ask for prayers of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...thin Your Own Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:18- 97K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: September 30, 1963, An Eternal Relationship
- AN ETERNAL RELATIONSHIP September 30, 1963 Honolulu Infinite Way Study Center GOOD EVENING. You have an opportunity now to prove a major principle of The Infinite Way. Incidentally, reading about these principles or studying these principles is not of too much importance unless, in addition to the reading and the studying, you actually put them into practice, until you demonstrate principle by principle and very often one at a time. We have been together for ten months and we have seen a lot of each other. We have been in each other's consciousness and we have experienced a great deal of love, friendship, sharing, companionship, and truth. Now it would appear that we will be separated for a while. This always brings up feelings of sorrow or regret or sadness or some other negative emotion, and if you look at the situation humanly you might experience a day or two of sorrow. However, if you look at the situation spiritually, it really presents a tremendous opportunity. What you have experienced of me is my consciousness of truth. You have brought yourself to me, but not physically. You have brought your self to my consciousness. Therefore I have been in your consciousness and you have been in my consciousness and what we have experienced of each other is this consciousness, this spiritual companionship. If you have been receptive and responsive to what has taken place, you have benefitted by having been lifted higher into consciousness. Never forget this: I too have benefitted, because in the kingdom of God there is no such thing as a one- way traffic. In the kingdom of God there is a union. In the kingdom of God there is a oneness. In the kingdom of God there is a unitedness. Therefore, there has been a flow of consciousness among us and between us-from me to you and from you to me. If this were not so, if there was no receptivity on your part, the flow could not move out from within me because there would be nothing to draw it. It is for this reason that all of The ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...63, An Eternal Relationship.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:22- 108K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 19, Realize God as the Only Power
- ~ 19 ~ REALIZE GOD AS THE ONLY POWER I would like now to go back to the principles, and this is what is in my mind. Don't let me do you a disservice, which I could easily do if you do not make an effort to understand me correctly or if you do not insist that I clarify the situation so that you understand it. I have said to you that the ancients were absolutely right in setting up a devil or satan. They were absolutely right in understanding that there is an impersonal source of evil which tempts us, which comes to us as temptation and which never bothers us unless we succumb to the temptation. The mistake they made was to declare the devil as an opposite of God, an opponent of God, thereby giving God an eternal warfare, an eternal attempt to get rid of the devil without ever being able to succeed. Had they understood that this devil or impersonal source of evil was not power, had no law, no life, no cause, they would have freed all of us. And men verily every day in the week would have been a day of freedom-a Fourth of July. In the same way, the earliest of our metaphysical teachers were absolutely right when they set up mortal mind and called it the sum total, the source, of all error. But they made their mistake by setting up an opposite, a divine mind, and they made such statements as, "Mortal mind causes disease but divine mind cures it." That's a nice battle, too, if divine mind wins. You see, anything that sets up an opposition to God cannot be truth. God is infinite, and God has nothing, nobody, to war with. God is infinite. God is all. There is no power opposing God. Treat this devil, or mortal mind, as something you do not need to have a deep understanding about to overcome, as something you don't have to go to God for God's help to overcome. Then you can follow this exactly as the Hebrews did on one occasion: "And they rested in this word." Therefore, having seen the nothingness of devil or satan, having seen the nothingness of carnal mind or mortal mind, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...alize God as the Only Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:52- 81K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: May 12, 1963, We Are Guests of Life
- WE ARE GUESTS OF LIFE May 12, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii THERE IS A PRINCIPLE OF LIFE not yet known to the world, but known to you through your studies of The Infinite Way. The effects of this principle have been known throughout all known time, but the principle itself has not been known. It is for this reason that, in reading history, you read of events that took place but you have no knowledge of what brought them about or how they came into being. An illustration of that is our Civil War. If you were to read the history books, you would believe that somebody so loved the Negro race that they were willing to die to free them, and somebody will point to Harriet Beecher Stowe and her Uncle Tom's Cabin. Others will tell you of the commercial war between New England and the Southern States and none of these are mindful of the fact that, starting with the Magna Carta of England on through the French, American, and Brazilian revolutions, consciousness had been aroused to this idea of freedom, liberty, equality, and justice. All of these events were but the out-picturing of a changed state of consciousness. You can go all the way back to Greece, the first country that ever experimented with the idea of freedom, and find how this longing in consciousness spread as if by subliminal perception and brought about the wars and agreements culminating in more and more freedom for people. The selfishness of the average human being who has been brought up on the theory that "self preservation is the first law of human nature" is such that each tries to struggle to hold onto what he has, and perhaps get a little bit more. Therefore, the process of consciousness coming into expression in changing forms-better forms-is a slow one; and in the field of religion, the world has been more backward than in any other field of human experience. Until after the middle of the 19th century, religion was a total state of darkness and ignorance, almost without even the tiniest ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...1963, We Are Guests of Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:19- 106K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 9, The New Dimension
- ~ 9 ~ THE NEW DIMENSION The human scene continues to unfold day by day, as it has throughout all the days of the past. There is always the temptation to hope that things will be different tomorrow. But left to itself, one day will follow another as days always have. The human scene is a state of inertia; it continues being whatever it is now, usually along the same lines. Nothing will be different tomorrow from what it is today, or from what it has been in the past until a new note is brought into the picture. "Strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. 1 . . . I came not to send peace, but a sword." 2 Up to now, what has been said is gentle and sweet, and good-tasting. Now comes the part that makes the "belly bitter" 3 : the living of this truth. This demands sacrifice and great effort. It will not be too difficult for you to remember the truth that you and the Father are one and all that the Father has is yours: the difficulty comes in living it, and it is only in the living of it that it can be demonstrated. Declaring, "I and my Father are one," 4 or declaring your sonship will be of little help to you. You must assume your obligation as a "son." Part of the responsibility entailed in that relationship lies in your readiness and willingness to leave your "nets" in the sense of stopping your search for health and supply and to rest in the conscious awareness of these as divine gifts already established within your being, even though momentarily not visible outwardly. This means no longer voicing truth, but living the truth of your identity, being willing to be called upon to heal or feed the multitudes. Can you do it? You can, if you realize, "I of my own self cannot do it, but by virtue of my divine sonship, I can. All that the Father has is mine: the gift of healing, the infinity of supply, the joy of sharing and the joy of giving, the wisdom of not bearing resentment, anger, malice, and jealousy." That is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 9, The New Dimension.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 106K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 16, Wholeness of Spirit
- ~ 16 ~ WHOLENESS OF SPIRIT AS LONG AS WE ARE SPEAKING TODAY, not about the parts of the spirit, but about the wholeness of the spirit, I want to sum up the entire subject by bringing forth, as much as I can, the subject of "the Christ." You will remember that we have used the term "the Christ," as the Christian term for the presence of God; and the Hebrew word "Immanuel," meaning the same thing. And we also referred to the Chinese word, "Tao," meaning the same thing. So we gained a sense of universality in this subject of the spirit of God, or presence of God, or what we in the Christian world term "the Christ." It is necessary that we understand the universality of the Christ, otherwise we get back into orthodox religion in which one church is better or nearer the kingdom of God than another church, or that belonging to this group or this sect or this organization in some way entitles us to benefits of God which our less fortunate brothers do not have. Now, in our enlightened state, that is really ridiculous. As a matter of fact, it isn't even honest, although the people who teach it are sincere in believing it since they were taught it as children when they had no defense against it. You know the old saying that if you are given a child up to five years of age, the world can take over after that because you have already indoctrinated the child with whatever teaching you wanted him to have. Anything that can be taught a child still in its earlier years, can, of course, be accepted by him with all sincerity and honesty even though it is the most vicious lie. There isn't any teaching in the world more harmful or more destructive to one's own soul than the belief that the Christ knows anything about a church or a religion or a creed or a sect or any particular group. It is sinful to believe that the Christ is not available to saint and to sinner-please remember that. The most difficult thing for people to believe is that the church did not teach them correctly when it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 16, Wholeness of Spirit.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:08- 109K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 5, Carriers of the Divine Message
- ~ 5 ~ CARRIERS OF THE DIVINE MESSAGE EVERY SINGLE WORD THAT IS SPOKEN and every moment of silence is the same thread of continuity, of spiritual consciousness expressing itself. And it expresses itself in words, in thoughts and of course, its most powerful mode of expression is silence. Truth, when expressed as silence, is the most potent. Our thoughts and words are very weak substitutes for the real teaching, the real receptivity which comes through the silent and still activity of our soul. The activity and spontaneity of Soul is best apprehended in silence. Now this truth of course, is nothing new. It is as ancient as the ancient of days. I would like to begin this morning, and I hope to end this morning, with a brief reading from some of my own more recent works. It sets the idea that we will carry through the day: "They stalk through our minds, these people of the past, leaving in our thoughts the impression of their thoughts and acts; of their desires and aims; of their hopes and of their faith-and ofttimes of their accomplishments and failures." "For us, they relive the history of the ages, telling and retelling the struggles of mankind; of its comedies and of its drama." "The philosophy and the religion of all eras pass by as in review and we watch them pass from the freedom of inspired thought to their imprisonment in church and interpretation." "We follow the flight of the universal Light as it inspires the meditations and prayers of Buddha, Jesus, Shankara, John and Paul; we see its illumination touch the consciousness of inspired souls-and again we witness the sad spectacle of this Light being chained by men in personalities. What is this Light men seek to personify? Why does not man push aside the veil covering his eyes that he may behold the impersonal savior and physician?" "Purifier of the individual soul and healer of the personal body-glorious Light of all ages - nameless, formless, universal, impersonal - oh man! Enlarge your vision and behold it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...riers of the Divine Message.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:06- 125K
Find Similar Documents