Consciousness Transformed: February 7, 1964, Beyond Metaphysics-I Am
- BEYOND METAPHYSICS-I AM February 7, 1964 GOOD EVENING. Most of our students are having quite a difficult time making the transition from metaphysics to mysticism. Some have not even realized that there is a difference, that they have to die out of their metaphysics in order to be born into realization of their true identity-and here is a question that helps us very much in starting out on this subject: Question: My understanding is that mind is a human instrument. It can be used for good or evil. Here is a quote from your writings: " 'I' am behind the mind and 'I' can think thoughts through the mind, or 'I' can still the mind." Now who or what is 'I' in this statement?" Answer: It must be clear that it cannot be God, because you must understand that God cannot think. God cannot start anything and God cannot stop anything. There is no beginning in God and there is no ending in God. In metaphysical teachings it is said that "God thinks and we think after God." Of course that is not any more true than the fact that God punishes or rewards. God does not do anything. God is being, but God is being the same now as a million years ago, and the same as a million years from now. "God changeth not." That is why in theology there have been so many quarrels about how old the world is. Did God create the world ten thousand years ago? We were told so, but the truth of the matter is that this world never was created. There never was a beginning and there never will be an ending, for "God changeth not." 1 He does not start anything and he does not stop anything, and certainly God does not think any more than the principle of mathematics thinks, or the principle of science thinks, or the principle of chemistry thinks. The principle of all being certainly does not think. It is. It never thought 2 × 2 into being because there never could have been a time when 2 × 2 was other than 4. It never thought H2O into water, because H20 never could have been anything other than water. This ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...4, Beyond Metaphysics--I Am.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:11- 132K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 6, The Infinite Way Concept of God
- CHAPTER 6 THE INFINITE WAY CONCEPT OF GOD Let us start with the realization that we do not know God. It is not always easy to admit this. When the inner unfoldment came to me that I did not know God, I remember I found it quite insulting. I thought I had a very good idea of God. When the V oice told me I did not know God, I was already in the healing ministry and was achieving some measure of success in it. But when the V oice tells you something, there is no use arguing with It because It knows best! There was only one thing to do, and that was to acknowledge that I did not know God aright. In The Oxford Book of English Mystical Work, the revelations of English mystics, from the earliest to the most modern times, are given, showing how God revealed Himself or Itself to them and how they became acquainted with God and were able to be at peace forever after. So let us begin anew and admit that we do not know God. Let us ask ourselves, "How can I come into an understanding of the nature of God?" I cannot reveal it to you, and you cannot reveal it to me. In these past years, I may have had many wonderful experiences with God, and yet I cannot convey to you what God is. In your own experience, you may have marvelous experiences with God, actually coming face-to-face with God, but that will not enable you to tell someone else what God is. There is only one way we may be taught of God. Only God can reveal to us what He is, and each one must learn it from the Kingdom of God within himself or herself. In case you do not know why I say, "Turn within," let me refer you again to the Master, who tells us that the Kingdom of God is within you. Therefore, whatever it is that you seek, seek it within you or you will not find it. So we seek the Kingdom of God within ourselves; we seek within ourselves to understand the nature of God. We do this by turning within during our quiet periods of the day or night and speaking to God and asking Him, "God, reveal Thyself," just as the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Infinite Way Concept of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:46- 94K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Four, Transition
- CHAPTER FOUR TRANSITION Those who are on the spiritual path do not die: they make a transition which is in no way related to what the world calls dying, because this transition is not an act of their own: it is an act of God and takes place by the grace of God. If you will look back on your own experience, you will gain a better understanding of this whole subject. You came into this world as an infant, and when you made the transition from infancy to childhood with an entirely different looking body, you did not die or pass on: you simply made a transition. Some years after that, you reached the age of puberty, and another change took place in your body, but it was not dying or passing on: it was merely a transitional stage into another phase of life. Then, as you reached your upper teens, you passed into still another phase of life, completely different from the twelve-, thirteen-, or fourteen-year stage. All of life took on a different complexion because you had made a transition out of childhood. Dolls and toys no longer interested you, and even basketball, baseball, and football ceased to be the center of your world because the world outside the playground and the neighborhood movie stretched forth in ever-widening horizons. So you continued until one day you found yourself in truth, and when you became a serious truth-student, you found yourself in another world, a world in which bridge, golf, dancing, and the theater occupied a minor place in your life, and, in some cases, were left behind completely because now in this new life your attention was focused on God. It was a transition from "this world," the world to which Jesus referred when he said, "I have overcome the world." 1 There was no death about that transition, except a death to materiality or what Paul called "dying daily," dying daily to old modes of thought and reliances. There was a time in our experience when our primary concern was that we have a normal heart and normal blood pressure. We ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s_ Chapter Four, Transition.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:59- 115K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 11, Three Principles and Their Practice
- ~ 11 ~ THREE PRINCIPLES AND THEIR PRACTICE Good Evening. We are working now with specific healing principles of the Infinite Way that we are to apply in meeting problems of our everyday living. I recognize, and you must recognize, that there is going to be some difficulty with this because most of you have other metaphysical backgrounds. The major principles of the Infinite Way are not only not the principles of your previous studies, but some of them may appear to be very contradictory. I know them many students do have difficulties when they try to mix the principles of their former teachings with these principles of the Infinite Way. They make no headway or have difficulties in their demonstration of harmony. Last night I explained one of these principles, and I hope I made very clear what is probably the most important principle in the message of the Infinite Way. God, being infinite, is never used for any purpose. God is never used for overcoming sin, disease, or death. In the Infinite Way, truth isn't used at all. The very opposite of that is the truth in the Infinite Way. We seek to become the instruments of truth; we open ourselves that we may be used by truth, by God, that God may manifest itself as our individual being, that God may live its life as us, that God may lead, guide, direct, govern, sustain, maintain, support, supply. And we are the instruments through which, as which, that takes place. You see, the wisdom of God is infinite-omniscient-therefore it is ridiculous to believe that we can tell God, ask God, or inform God of our needs. It is an impossibility for us to know more than God. It is only possible for us to know as much as God if we first know that we know nothing, and then let the wisdom of God manifest as our wisdom. In other words, as I indicated last night, you develop a receptive attitude for the inflow of inspiration as you would if you were a composer, an artist, or a writer, always keeping your attention within as a listening ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...inciples and Their Practice.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:51- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 7, The Nature of God
- ... If we hope to achieve the actual experience of God-realization, the very first thing we have to do on the spiritual path is not to accept some ancient concept of God, but to realize that God that has been revealed as love. We must accept the God of love, the God that does not punish, and even if we deserve punishment, the God who would hasten to forgive us. "Your heavenly Father knoweth that you have need of these things, and it is his good pleasure to give them to you." That must include forgiveness. So you see, unless you come to realize that just as God is pouring out the sun, moon, and stars, the tides, the times, and the weather, so God is pouring forth ... Thou makest me to lie down in green pastures. Oh, the mind is so still, so calm, so peaceful in those assurances. The mind is only stirred when it begins to reach up to God to get something, to want something, desire something, or fear something. Stop fearing God. If there are any of you who still fear God, stop it. Stop it. God knows more about love, care, forgiveness, in one second than the best mother that ever lived knew in a whole lifetime. And if mothers can love and forgive and care and be tender, try to imagine what the nature of God is. God is love and nothing enters that consciousness that "defileth or maketh a lie." There is no punishment in it. ... God is love, and in him there is no death, there is no vengeance, there is no hate, there is no punishment. Just think of the crimes men have committed against humanity. Then ask yourself if you really believe God would hold them in eternal damnation or punishment. Not one second longer than it would take them to realize their wrongs and ask forgiveness. Oh, no! No! Understand God as life, a life which can't end for any reason, not even for sin, or for accident, or for disease. Life can't end because God is life, and God is the life of you and the life of me. We fear disease because we fear that it will end in death, and it does because of our fears. We know ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 7, The Nature of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:50- 134K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter III, Beyond Power
- CHAPTER III BEYOND POWER As long as man has someone or something to which he can cling, he will not find God. Whatever man knows or is able to know with his human mentality-whether a thing or a thought-is not God. No one is going to find God while he has anything on which to stand, anything to which he can hold, or anything about which he can think. Startling and unbelievable as this may seem to be, nevertheless it is true. Most of us have known a fair share of the good things of life and a few of the bad ones; and while we may not have been happy with the bad things, we undoubtedly would also admit that we did not find any permanent happiness in the good ones. Many of us must have suspected that there is something beyond all this, but what? What is that something? Is it God, and if so, what is it that men call God? Is God just a vague hope, a senseless dream, or is God really attainable? Is it possible to know God? The search for God is not easy for anyone, and when the revelation of God does come, it is something so entirely different from what was expected that if a person is honest he will have to confess that it is beyond his understanding. Only after finding corroboration for what he himself has discovered as it is presented in a thousand different ways through the spoken and written word and then living with it for years and years, does it ultimately register. Religions have evolved because somewhere far back in the past men were constantly encountering troubles of one sort or another in their human experience. If they were fishermen, they found that the fish were not running well in some seasons; if they were hunters, there were periods when the game was scarce; and for those engaged in farming, some years there was too much rain and some years not enough. Occasionally, there were enemies from across the border molesting them, and at such times the strong nearly always overcame the weak, plundering their less powerful neighbors and often reducing them to the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter III, Beyond Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:37- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 9, Beyond the Pairs of Opposites to Being
- ~ 9 ~ BEYOND THE PAIRS OF OPPOSITES TO BEING Infinity exists within ourselves, the infinity of any and every form that may ever be necessary to our experience. Whether that form is to appear outwardly as words, thoughts, or ideas; whether it is to appear outwardly as designs in clothing, architecture, or bridges, regardless of what form we are to bring forth on earth, its abiding place is within our consciousness. Every word of the Infinite Way message, therefore, is meant to drive us back into our consciousness to draw forth the infinity of supply that is there. Supply of every nature is as infinite and inexhaustible as the words and messages that have come out of my mouth these past years. It is new and fresh every day if we do not depend on yesterday's manna but develop the habit of going within to our consciousness to draw forth fresh supply. It is only in proportion as we think of yesterday's supply as being today's supply that we sometimes run into lack; but as we learn to turn within for a fresh supply we draw forth God's grace in new forms, bigger forms, richer forms. For seventeen years, the message that has found its way into the Infinite Way writings kept pouring through, and if it had not been the word of God, it would have been so stale and monotonous that no one would have read it. But supply is infinite; and therefore it is always fresh and new when it comes forth from the grace of God and not out of the stored-up memory of an individual. In spiritual truth, we do not depend on what we knew yesterday, nor do we even want to live on the money we had yesterday. We do not waste it, I do not mean that; but each day must be a new day in which we go within for God's grace, and we can have no idea what form God's grace is going to take. That, too, is our good fortune because that opens out the way for the new forms, the greater forms, and the greater wisdoms that are to unfold from within our consciousness. Grace Appears as Form Again I must remind you that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Pairs of Opposites to Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: March 22, 1964, The Bread You Cast Upon the Waters
- THE BREAD YOU CAST ON THE WATERS March 22, 1964 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii PROBABLY ONE OF THE GREATEST revelations of The Infinite Way is this: No amount of truth can benefit you, no matter how profound it is. You are benefitted only by your realization and your utilization of truth. Truth will not set you free. "Ye shall know the truth," and this means know. In the same way, every effort you make towards acquiring truth brings truth nearer home to you. I try to tell students not to depend on my books and not to depend on my tapes, because in and of themselves they have no effect. I have seen this happen in the lives of thousands of people who have read the books and heard the tapes. On the other hand, with hundreds of students I have witnessed a wonderful effect. What is the difference? Do you practice it? I know of people who receive gifts of books and write to me and say: "I have read your book and it is beautiful!" The effort you put into acquiring truth determines what you will get from it. "The bread you cast on the waters is the bread that will return unto you." 1 I never want to see an Infinite Way student turned away for lack of money, but neither do I want to see students continued in charity, because it will not demonstrate the principle of The Infinite Way. The Infinite Way is very clear that the secret of supply is giving, and I am not talking only about money. You do not get from The Infinite Way what you do not give. In our capitalistic days anyone could be successful by working hard enough, because life gives back what you put into it. In The Infinite Way I have witnessed so many people listening to lectures, reading books, going to classes, and accomplishing nothing. Why? Because they put nothing into it. I know that the whole secret of life is outpouring. This is true in any branch of life, whether you are studying an academic subject or whether you are studying a spiritual subject. Throughout my Infinite Way experience I have tried to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ad You Cast Upon the Waters.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:17- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 14, Immanuel
- ~ 14 ~ IMMANUEL Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the Lord he is God! It is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and unto his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations. Psalm 100 "KNOW YE THAT THE LORD HE IS GOD: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves." Let us take that for our guiding light of this moment. Let us try to realize in this moment that it is he that has made us, not we ourselves. To begin with, just to be reminded of that fact should be a healing influence. Immediately, whatever of sin or disease or discord is floating anywhere in or around our thought, mind, body, should really begin to fade out with that realization: "It is he that hath made us and not we ourselves." That places the responsibility on his shoulder, does it not? That places the responsibility for our health, our wealth, our peace, safety and security, upon him, upon it, upon God, upon this creative principle, whatever it is that in your thought is God. To each one of us God has a different significance. To each one of us the word God means something different. But all of that is not important. What is important is that we recognize that there is a creative principle, a causative power, and that it created us, and not we ourselves. Of course, we have confirmation of this in the New Testament: "Now are we the sons of God." 1 Again it must be clear that God is the causative or creative principle of our being. Once we are able to accept that, how restful it is to realize that that which God creates, God must maintain and sustain. God must be the law unto it; not only the law-giver, but the law itself. God must be the life of that which God creates, and if God is the life of your ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...sness_ Chapter 14, Immanuel.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:08- 114K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 7, Conscious Oneness
- ~ 7 ~ CONSCIOUS ONENESS I HAVE SAID: "If there is no change in our consciousness during the week, there will be no change in our outer experience the following week." Now, in proportion as some change toward truth takes place in your consciousness, in that proportion there is some improvement in your outer affairs-either in your health, your family relations, or in your supply. It would be as impossible for you to be in the same place today that you were a week ago as it is to toss raisins into your bread dough and not have raisin bread. That which goes into consciousness must come forth as manifestation. That which becomes a part of consciousness as truth must appear as manifestation. There is no such thing as truth and manifestation. Truth itself appears as manifestation. Spirit is not something separate and apart from the forms it assumes. Spirit is the substance and the "form" is its manifestation. Therefore, if truth appears in or as our consciousness, if truth appears in or as the spirit of our being, it must also appear as manifested form. Therefore please remember this as the foundation, the real point, of recent talks: that all improved states of consciousness must appear as improved demonstrations or experiences. And today we come one step further. Unless we consciously make the decision to act or live in some higher way, on a higher level, we are not going to live or act or have manifestation on a higher level. We cannot sit back passively and say (or believe), "There is a God or law that is going to do something in me, through me, for me or to me," just as we have learned not to believe that there is an evil law or an evil power. There is no such thing as a law that acts upon us except that to which we give power to through our belief. You can accept any belief and make it a law unto yourself. There is no power in the stars or in the stars' acting upon us, but you can make a god of anything you wish. You can pick up a piece of metal, or a penny, and call ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 7, Conscious Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:06- 118K
Find Similar Documents