The Heart of Mysticism: October 1955, The Invisible Nature of Your Life
- CHAPTER TEN: OCTOBER The Invisible Nature of Your Life "Ye have sown much, and bring in little: ye eat, but ye have not enough; ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm; and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes. Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Consider your ways. Go up to the mountain, and bring wood, and build the house; and I will take pleasure in it, and I will be glorified, saith the Lord. Ye looked for much, and, lo, it came to little; and when ye brought it home, I did blow upon it. Why? saith the Lord of hosts. Because of mine house that is waste, and ye run every man unto his own house. Therefore the heaven over you is stayed from dew, and the earth is stayed from her fruit. And I called for a drought upon the land, and upon the mountains, and upon the corn, and upon the new wine, and upon the oil, and upon that which the ground bringeth forth, and upon men, and upon cattle, and upon all the labor of the hands." (Hag. 1:6-11.) GOD, the Infinite Invisible (your individual consciousness) is the Source and Fount of your being, from which flows the Water of Eternal Life. Therefore, your individual consciousness is the storehouse of infinite spiritual unfoldment, and out of the enriched spiritual awareness comes all the joys and blessings of a complete and satisfying life. When this consciousness is what we term human, it is barren: it lacks the substance and the elements from which spiritual or perfect harmonious demonstration must flow. Instead of coming into the realization that God is your consciousness, "ye run every man unto his own house"-unto your own sense of spirituality and wisdom and supply, and, in thus looking to your personal selfhood, find that regardless of what you draw from it, you receive no sense of permanent good or satisfaction. "Ye looked for much, and it came to little." We have all sown much, but have brought in little; we have worked hard, but have accomplished ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...visible Nature of Your Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:10- 136K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 8, Scripture As a Way of Life
- ... no more." 7 There was not to be a probationary period in hell in which to suffer hell's furies, but an immediate forgiveness, being forgiven and forgiving. Love As an Act You must remember that the greatest power on earth, in heaven, or in hell is the power of love; but love is not an emotion, and love is not a word. Love can never be expressed in words. Love is an act. As a matter of fact, the very words, "I love you," can be covering up the opposite. A spoken word of love has no more relationship to love than speaking the word God has any relationship to God. No one is ever going to know God by saying, "God," and no one is ever going to love by saying, "Love." Love is an act, and it is not only an act, it is a series of acts. It must be love in action, which means care, thoughtfulness, forgiveness, consideration, cooperation, and benevolence. It was expressed by Paul in that same way when he said that of all the things that are important, the greatest is love. Yes, the greatest is love; but not the word "love," the act of love. How do we know this from scripture? The Master said very little about love, except to admonish us to love the Lord with all our heart and to love our neighbor as ourselves; but he said a great deal about love in action when he spoke of forgiveness, when he taught the importance of feeding the hungry, healing the sick, visiting the prisoner in prison, consoling the mourner. None of this had anything to do with speech: this all had to do with action. ... All three have to work together in fulfilling the commandments. "The Fast That I Have Chosen" The Hebrew fasts from sunup to sundown. As a matter of fact, that is a good idea, more especially if it is done in the way that is required in the old orthodox temple: to go to the temple in the morning and stay there all day, fasting, praying, cogitating, asking forgiveness for sins. By the time a person leaves the temple in the evening, all his sins are supposed to have been forgiven, and he begins ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Scripture As a Way of Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:48- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 4, Your True Identity
- ... So the evil that was destined against man was directed to its rightful source, God, and because there was nothing there to aim evil at, or hit, it boomeranged and destroyed the sender. Now, we have two things to remember. One is that it wasn't really Sapphira or her husband that held out. Really and truly, it was this carnal mind operating through them; and since this carnal mind isn't a person and hasn't a person in whom and through or upon whom to operate, it becomes nothingness when you impersonalize it. Now, begin to agree that you have not done this unto me, because there is no me separate and apart from God. I have no selfhood except for the capital S Selfhood; therefore you have not aimed this at me but at God. You will find that you have impersonalized your Self, and any human error that is aimed at you will not strike you. Then remember that those who aim evil in your direction are really not aiming it at all; they are merely instruments through which the carnal mind is operating. You will thereby more than likely release them from their sin and bring about their forgiveness. In other words, if you personalize it and say, "You have done this unto me," it may turn around and strike back. If it did, it would be the fault of the sender in the sense of allowing themselves to be used. However, we want to go higher than being avenged. We want to go higher than seeking revenge upon someone. We want to see those who do evil to us forgiven, released from whatever evil is grasping them. So the safe way is, if in your experience there is any ingratitude aimed at you or any lack of mercy or injustice, realize, first of all, your capital S Self and then realize "This is really not aimed at me at all, this is aimed at God." Also realize that it isn't even people or a person who is aiming it; they are merely the innocent victims, ignorant victims, of the carnal mind-of the ignorance shown in "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do." You will have nullified this ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 4, Your True Identity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:21- 100K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 3, "Now I See"
- Chapter Three "Now I See" Until the importance of knowing God aright is understood there is little use of attempting to learn anything further. Knowing God means not merely knowing God intellectually, that is, through the mind, but so well that a person could almost say, "Whereas I was blind, now I see."1 To understand the nature of God, the three words omniscience, omnipotence, and omnipresence need to be indelibly impressed on consciousness, for without the fullest understanding of their meaning, a student can never approach God. Serious students might benefit greatly by looking up the meaning of these three words in an unabridged dictionary so as to get a more comprehensive understanding of them. Omniscience Hymns are sung to the all-wise God, and people are always claiming that God is the all-knowing. But what happens the next minute? They tell God they have a pain; they tell God the rent is due or that they need employment. In that instant they deny God, just as much as if they were to say, "I do not believe there is an all-knowing God." If they knew God to be the all-knowing, would they ever go to God with any problem? Would they ever go to God to try to influence Him in their behalf? No, once a student grasps the nature of God as omniscience, he can never again reach up to God or even dream of asking God for peace on earth or for anything else. Students of the Infinite Way should spend a great deal of time working with the principle of God as omniscience. This principle cannot be learned in two weeks, two months, or two years. How long it will take students to come to the point where they never are tempted to tell God anything, to try to influence God, or to let God know about the problem, I do not know. Eventually you as a student must get to the place where this is so much a part of your consciousness that when anyone asks you to pray for him to attain some end, inwardly you would be laughing and thinking: What do you mean by "pray for you"? Shall I tell ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ges_ Chapter 3, _Now I See_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:56- 122K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: June 16, 1963, I-That Is All
- I - THAT IS ALL June 16, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. First of all, to those of you who are here with us today for the first time, may I welcome you for myself and for all of us in this group. You may perhaps know that we of The Infinite Way activity do not advertise or proselyte in any way, and there is a reason for this. We recognize the fact that we really have nothing to give, except to those who are led to receive it. In other words, whether or not you receive anything at all from the message of The Infinite Way is not up to us; it is strictly a matter of your own consciousness. You either recognize, receive, and respond to this message, or you do not. There is no power in the message itself, the power is in your consciousness. If the power were in the message itself, the entire world could be saved. We have been offered a gift of ten million dollars to put this message on television across the whole of the United States, but I cannot accept the gift because I do not believe the message in and of itself has that power. Only the consciousness of the individual is power, and whether a message meets your need depends upon whether or not you are receptive or responsive to it. In the same way we could take the music of Beethoven, Brahms, or Bach, or the literature of Shakespeare. They are masterpieces, but does the world enjoy them? No, only those persons in the world can enjoy them who are responsive to that level of consciousness. To others these masters have no value. We have great religious masters-Gautama the Buddha, Nanak, Christ Jesus-and we have many modern mystics from the 12th century to the present. You will notice that they are not saving the world, but they are contributing towards saving thousands of individuals who can receive them. You who may be young students of The Infinite Way will certainly find us pleasant to associate with, although we are disciplinarians. We have no rules set down for the conduct of others, but we are very ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ne 16, 1963, I--That Is All.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:15- 120K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: October 1958, Break The Fetters That Bind You
- CHAPTER TEN: OCTOBER Break the Fetters that Bind You MANY of the difficulties and struggles in our experience come because we are living on different planes of consciousness, sometimes on one and sometimes on another, and often these planes are in conflict one with another. On one plane we are physical beings with minds, the body being the dominant factor; on another plane we are mental beings with bodies, that is, we are a mind and a body, and the body is governed by the mind. It may be governed by a conscious activity of mind or it may be by an involuntary activity of mind. In recent months, there have been many accounts in magazines and newspapers of the experiments which have been conducted in the area of subliminal perception through the medium of television and the motion picture. In the first experiments, which were held inside a moving picture theatre, the audience was instructed to go into the lobby during the intermission to buy popcorn and coca cola. Even though they did not know such a suggestion had been given to them, because the slide had been flashed across the screen so rapidly that it was invisible to the eyes and, therefore, did not register consciously in the mind, the majority of those in the theatre were impelled to obey this suggestion. Whether or not they wanted the popcorn or coca cola made no difference. The impulsion was so strong that they felt compelled to go out and buy it, giving their good money for something they may not have wanted and otherwise would not have bought. It was not necessary for them to be aware of the suggestion, to see or to hear it, and there was no knowledge that it was even being made. If a person is not alert, he will obey such subtly given instructions because this technique is not aimed at the conscious mind; it is aimed at the subconscious. These experiments show the extent to which the body obeys the dictates of the mind. On the human level of consciousness, that is exactly what happens. The body is subject ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...k The Fetters That Bind You.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:11- 136K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: June 1959, Specific Truth For Treatment
- CHAPTER SIX: JUNE Specific Truth for Treatment THE nature of specific treatment is a subject about which too many of our students know far too little, although it is probably one of the most important subjects included in the teaching of The Infinite Way, because everything which takes place in our experience has to take place in and through our own consciousness: We cannot live outside our own consciousness; we cannot even die outside our own consciousness. Everything that happens to us from birth to death and, for that matter, everything before birth and after death is an activity of our consciousness. Therefore, no treatment that you can give will be any better than your knowledge of treatment, nor will it have any more power in it than your own consciousness of truth because a treatment is your consciousness of truth. Therefore, the success of a treatment will be in direct proportion to your consciousness of truth. A successful treatment cannot be some kind of a fuzzy, vague, half-hearted statement, nor can it be in the realm of such generalities as, "God is all," or, "God is love." Whether you realize it or not, even if it is a treatment in which there are no words or thoughts, it has to be specific. Furthermore, a specific treatment without words or thoughts is only possible after you have gained such an awareness of the truth that you do not have to put it into words or thoughts: The words or thoughts have become realized consciousness. In your highest spiritual realization, there is no need for words or thoughts. For example, if under ordinary circumstances you call upon me for help, I would not have to think a thought or declare a truth, but I would be a perfect vacuum. The healing would be accomplished because the consciousness of truth developed over a period of years of practice has given me the conviction that I am, and if I am, you are, and all that I am, you are-but I know that. I know that this is truth because of all the years of demonstration and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pecific Truth For Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:05- 150K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 3, When the Spirit of the Lord Is Upon Us
- ~ 3 ~ WHEN THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON US The goal of our journey on the spiritual path is to make the transition from being the man of earth who is not under the law of God to being that man who has his being in Christ, to leave behind that selfhood which is sometimes good and sometimes bad, sometimes sick and sometimes well, sometimes rich and sometimes poor, and to emerge into our divine state as a child of God. According to the Master, we are either branches that are one with the tree of Life or branches that are cut off from the tree. If we are branches that are cut off, we are withering and dying; but if we are connected with the trunk, then we are one with the entire tree and all that constitutes the tree, way down into the roots and coming up through the roots. We are at-one with all that is in the soil, with the sunshine and with the rain. Everything that seeps down into the soil comes up through the roots, feeds the whole tree, and then produces the fruitage. The Road Back to the Father's House Every problem with which we are faced stems from a separation from our Source, and until we are once again united with that Source, troubles are going to continue to recur in our minds and bodies. Both the mind and the body have to be fed. For centuries, it was considered sufficient if the body were fed and maintained with food, medicine, and fresh air; but in the last hundred years it has been discovered that we need something more than that, and so attempts have been made to teach people to fill their minds with thoughts of a positive nature on the assumption that the body would in turn respond to this constructive approach to life. But if we are not fed by the Spirit, all the material food we can put into our systems will not feed us properly, nor will all the mental food with which we fill the mind give us adequate nourishment. As human beings, we have no contact with our Soul, or Source, and it is only when we begin the practice of meditation that we find ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...irit of the Lord Is Upon Us.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 140K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 10, When We Pray Amiss
- ... If the masses could know something about the world of the Spirit, some of them at least would begin to open their eyes and desire what we who have learned about a life of prayer have discovered. Prayer, to be answered prayer, must come from a heart that is purged of personal and selfish motives, a heart that has for its desire that all men may know God's grace. This prayer, silently spoken or thought, not only sets the one who prays free, but it sets mankind free. We can watch it in operation at the level of the family. We can use this silent, secret prayer in our household, confining ourselves to our immediate circle, and pray that God's grace be established. We embrace everyone in our consciousness until we have made peace with them and have attained an absolute conviction that we desire the grace of God to be their experience. When we begin to see the fruitage in that small circle, then we are ready to lift our vision and go out into the community, to the seat of our government, to cross borders and look each nation in the face, each religion, and make peace. Go thy way in peace. May God's grace be visited upon you. May you forever know the joy of living in His forgiveness and His love, peace, and prosperity. Prayer for God 's Government on Earth World prayer work is the most difficult of all because we must, first of all, surrender all concepts as to the solution we are seeking, never praying for a certain event or experience. And the reason this is difficult is that each one of us has decided whether it would be good to have a Republican administration or a Democratic administration and, in some cases, even a Socialistic or Communistic administration. And when we pray, we are praying for this, and there can be no success in such world work. Success comes only with the surrender of material or human desires, and the desire for God's government on earth: spiritual government, not just a different form of human government. God is Spirit, and the only prayer of a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...vernment of Eden_Chapter 10.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:07- 98K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 7, Material Sense of Demonstration or the Unfoldment of Grace
- Chapter Seven Material Sense of Demonstration or the Unfoldment of Grace Two aspects of life confront us on the spiritual path: the material sense of life, made up of good and evil, with more evil than good and the good sometimes turning to evil, and the spiritual consciousness of life which is neither good nor evil but is wholly spiritual, wholly the offspring or activity of God. In reality we are not dealing with two powers. We are dealing with material sense and its claim to power and with spiritual consciousness which is the only power. Along with the rest of the world we are being faced with a material sense of world: material powers and mental powers. But having learned something of the nature of spiritual power and spiritual reality, we can reveal the nothingness of this material sense of world. The Master gave us a glimpse of this in his statement, "My kingdom is not of this world."1 In other words, the spiritual kingdom is not of the material world. When normal, ordinary, material methods are used to get the things a person desires, wants, or needs, and these fail, he turns to Spirit and tries to get from Spirit improved matter and improved material conditions. He tries to use the power of Spirit to nullify the powers of mind and matter. Therein lies the first mistake. At one time mind was looked upon as a power over matter, but the impossibility of this is evident to those who realize that what the world calls matter really is mind. The substance of matter is mind. Matter is the visible form of invisible mind. It is not that mind is a power over matter or that thought is a power over material conditions. It is that mind itself constitutes matter and material conditions, and the more mind is used for good purposes, the more good matter appears because mind and matter are one. The more evil or error there is in the mind, the more erroneous matter there is because mind and matter are one. Mind is the substance and matter is the form, just as glass is the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... or the Unfoldment of Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:57- 125K
Find Similar Documents