The Heart of Mysticism: September 1959, The Impersonalization of Good and Evil
- ... At the present stage of your unfoldment, this realization should come to you with the force and power of a recognized, definite principle for continuous moment-to-moment practice. The Christ Cannot Be Finitized There is a second part of this principle which is even more difficult to practice. Just as evil cannot be personalized, so good cannot be personalized. We now know that it is incorrect to say that anyone is a sinner, but it is equally incorrect to say that anyone is spiritual. Let us not make the futile attempt to pin Christhood to any person's humanhood or to any part of a person that is visible or tangible to sense. If there is any quality of good flowing through him, it is not his personal quality. It is a God-quality for which he is but the instrument. We have learned that any evil quality which flows through an individual is not of himself, but is really a universal mesmerism which he has not consciously rejected. Now we must realize that if love, charity, benevolence, forgiveness, kindness, and co-operativeness are flowing through us, we must be careful not to take the credit for these qualities, for they do not have their source in us. We are but the instrument through which, and as which, God appears, the instrument through which good appears. When we are called upon for help, we do not attempt to make a bad human being good, a poor human being rich, or a sinful person pure, but we turn immediately to the realization of the Christ. Note this point carefully: We do not try to add the Christ to a person, because the Christ cannot be finitized or personalized. The Christ is infinite, the son of God, which you are and which I am, but never can we finitize It or personalize It. Do not try to fasten your realization of the Christ onto a person, or direct It to a person, or send It out to a person, or believe that a person is It. This is a very difficult point, but one which is absolutely essential to the healing work: Do not pin any form of error onto your ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nalization of Good and Evil.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:13- 141K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 7, Living Out From Conscious Oneness
- Chapter Seven Living Out From Conscious Oneness There comes a time in life when, regardless of what we learn, what we are reading or studying, we have to live our conviction; we have to live the life that is now unfolding to us. There is a period in our experience when we may think of ourselves purely as students or initiates. During this period we are learning. We are taking in new principles, discarding old religious beliefs, superstitions, theories, and doctrines. We are learning not to be dependent on anything that exists in the external realm. We use everything as it comes along for good, but we do not depend on it. We are learning that there is only one power and that only a universal belief in two powers limits us. We are learning the nature of God. We are learning the nature of prayer. For the longest while, we are learning and learning, and learning and unlearning, learning to let go. But then there comes a period when we must wonder what to do with all this learning. How do we go further than just continuing to learn? When we begin to live what we have learned, that, of course, is the beginning of our real experience and the purpose of all the learning. One Life Flowing as Individual Life The first great lesson on the spiritual path is that although we appear outwardly to be separate persons with separate interests, and humanly we live our life in that way, on the spiritual path we learn that this is not true. There is in the midst of us an invisible tree, the tree of life. This tree has invisible tentacles, vines reaching out, attached to each one of us, or rather, we are attached to this invisible vine that is attached to the tree. The life of the tree, which is God, flows out through the vine and becomes the life of us. What does this do to us? It breaks down the belief that we are isolated individuals with a life of our own, because immediately we see that the life of the tree flowing through us is our real life. In that way we lose concern about our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Out From Conscious Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:24- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 12, God Consciousness
- ~ 12 ~ GOD CONSCIOUSNESS To know our true identity is to solve every problem of so-called human existence. Actually, we are not living a human existence. Our existence is spiritual and divine, but because we do not know our true identity, it has become filled with discord and inharmony. If I know that I am I, and that that I is infinite Being, there can never intrude a thought of lack, limitation, discord, inharmony, jealousy, malice, or lust. When I know that I am I, and that this I is the infinity, the allness of God's being made manifest, the Word made flesh, then only can I realize that I am Self-sustained and Self-maintained. Some day all of us will admit that I is Self-created: I, the very consciousness of my being, formed me before ever I was in the womb. I would not have been there at all if I, the divine consciousness of my being, had not been expressing Itself in just that way. I, the divine consciousness of my being, formed my body after its own image and likeness, as my vehicle of expression. I can no more be separated from my body than I can be separated from my life. My body is the form in which my life is appearing. My body is an expression of my identity. My parents did not create it. I created it. My consciousness created it and my consciousness is maintaining it now in its present form. If my consciousness were to change, my body would change. If my consciousness of supply were to change, my supply would change. Always, consciousness is forming its own body, its own image and likeness. My consciousness of home has made my home whatever it is. My consciousness of business, of a practice, of health, expresses as my home or business or practice, my health or my wealth. Those who understand this principle and who have seen some of the slums or ghettos of New York City will understand that only the state of consciousness of the people living in them created those ghettos. In the city of Chicago, where not too many years ago there were open plains, and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 12, God Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:29- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Truth
- Truth The law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. -John 1:17. UNDER PHARAOH the Hebrews had been in complete and utter slavery, not only economically, but culturally as well. They had not been permitted religious freedom, educational freedom, or cultural freedom any more than financial freedom. Consequently they were at about the lowest level of humanhood imaginable. It was in this state that Moses found them, and wishing to free them from their bondage, he took them out from under Pharaoh and led them out into the desert. Unaccustomed as they were to such freedom, they mistook liberty for license. They became very unruly and difficult to manage, so that it became necessary for Moses to set up many human codes-codes of human conduct. One set of these codes we know as the Ten Commandments. One of the mistaken beliefs of many people in the religious world is that the Ten Commandments are spiritual commands, having to do with spiritual or religious life. This is not true. The Ten Commandments, with the exception of the First Commandment, constitute a code of human conduct. It is certain that to one of spiritual vision you would never have to say, "Thou shalt not steal," or "Honor thy father and thy mother." And it would be just as fantastic to tell them not to commit adultery; not to commit murder; not to covet or envy. The Ten Commandments, then, do constitute law, and so now, as with Moses and the Hebrews in that intermediary stage of humanhood, it becomes necessary to have such a code of laws-of human laws-in order to teach men how to be just ordinary good humans. In the teachings of Christ Jesus you do not find any such commands about being humanly good. You are told, rather, that "My kingdom is not of this world." You are lifted into a spiritual atmosphere in which there is not even a thought or a temptation of being humanly bad. That is why we are told, "The law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ." It is a very ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ys of Joel Goldsmith_ Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:16- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: September 7, 1963, Our Goal: That Mind Which Was Also In Jesus Christ
- OUR GOAL: THAT MIND WHICH WAS ALSO IN CHRIST JESUS September 7, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD AFTERNOON. The papers we have done since August 16 are definitely of a different nature, and I am asking our teachers and practitioners to give class sessions on them to their students and patients. The nature of these papers would make it necessary for any of us to study them seriously in order to assimilate them. However, for those who are not teachers or practitioners, be assured that additional lessons on them would be very valuable in order to grasp the nature of these papers. Whenever I read the one of August 24, I cannot really believe it myself, and I read it two or three or four times a day. As a matter of fact I find it difficult to send out a copy without reading it again. I am sure that, if the message in the paper of August 24 could really be conveyed, our students would be home. Then, of course, there are those of August 31 and September 2. They are really beautiful, and I would not like to see them treated as if they were just papers, because it would deprive the students of the depth of consciousness that is revealed in them. Of course, there are the two new series of tapes which represent the fruitage of this year at home, which will undoubtedly be the study material for all of our students for a long time to come. At the present moment I believe we are going to discontinue our Saturday and Sunday sessions on the last Saturday or Sunday of this month. If we do not do this, neither the papers or the tapes are going to be properly assimilated because I believe that the fruitage of our year's work here for 1963 is propelling us into something that has not yet fully revealed itself. Not only has the telephone not stopped ringing, but the mail is increasing faster than we can have it typed. Therefore, I think we should be able to get away somewhere early in October to be beholders and see what it is that God has in store. Since these messages really point to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ch Was Also In Jesus Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:20- 108K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XIV, Under the Shadow of the Almighty
- CHAPTER XIV UNDER THE SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble. PROVERBS 3:23 Be strong and courageous, be not afraid nor dismayed for the king of Assyria, nor for all the multitude that is with him: for there be more with us than with him: With him is an arm of flesh; but with us in the Lord our God to help us, and to fight our battles. II CHRONICLES 32:7, 8 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour, thou savest me from violence. II SAMUEL 22:3 The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. PSALM 18:2 As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the Lord is round about his people from henceforth even for ever. PSALM 125:2 For I, saith the Lord, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her. ZECHARIAH 2:5 The Bible is filled with promises of safety to those who live consciously in the presence of God. It testifies to a God who is available in every experience and in every circumstance of our existence; but it does not promise the world immunity from disaster-from earthquake, floods, or fire. As long as human beings are living in this world, they will experience some of the cataclysmic effects of the world's materialistic thinking. But the promise is clear that if there is famine, if there are floods, if there is fire, war, or bombs, those who live in God will walk through them, they will not in any wise touch them. Why is this? Why should they be singled out to be saved from the world's disasters? Most churchgoing people assume that these biblical promises of safety apply to them, that they are of the household of God and are the ones to whom these evils will not come nigh. But strangely enough when war and disaster come, these very persons who have led good and upright lives ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... the Shadow of the Almighty.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:34- 120K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 7, When We Indulge In Condemnation
- When we stop our heckling of people, when we stop our fault-finding, when we acknowledge that the world is returning to us what we are sending out into the world, then is the Spirit of God dwelling in us. When we have learned to forgive the offenses aimed at us personally, racially, religiously, and nationally; when we have learned enough of forgiveness, then the Spirit of God truly dwells in us, and when we are obedient to the ninth commandment, which is "do not bear false witness against your neighbor." 3 Ordinarily, that is understood to mean that you shouldn't gossip or tell tales or repeat scandal about your neighbor, but in The Infinite Way, it has a ... Scripture tells us that "love is the fulfilling of the law," 13 so do not try to get the law to operate in the absence of love, and love means forgiveness. Love means forbearance. Love means to be inwardly clean: clean of hate, jealousy, envy, malice, greed-all of these negative, minor qualities. It may not be possible to go through an entire day or night without some of these negative emotions creeping in on us. That is why we became human beings instead of remaining in the Garden of Eden, but we can purge ourselves twice and three times a day, so we look every man and woman in the face and say, "I have released you into the realization of your God-being. I know that you and the Father are one, and 'all that the Father hath is yours.'" If you only knew what it meant to come into the pres- ence of a person who is not sitting with a mind full of criti- cism, judgment, or condemnation, or, more positively, to come into the consciousness of a person who understands and forgives and forgets; come into the consciousness of a person whose gentleness is such that no thought even enters their secret mind of any harsh nature. Thus do you see we become a center, and everyone who comes within range of our consciousness feels what the world calls "love" because forgiveness is an attribute of love. Understanding is an at- ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 7.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 64K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 15, Mental Power
- ... Now, when I tell you that this is tragic, you must understand why: The power of God is all good and no one can ever use the power of God for a selfish purpose, for a personal purpose, or for a destructive purpose. It cannot be done. The nature of God is good, the nature of God is love, the nature of God is life eternal, and no one on the face of the globe will ever be able to pray, or to make use of spiritual power for a selfish or destructive purpose. That is why so many of the so-called prayers of the world are powerless: prayers to do this for me, or for my child, or for my nation, or for my soldiers. There cannot be answers to such prayers because God cannot be used in that way. God is universal good, the same today, tomorrow, and forever. And in the sight of God there is "neither Greek nor Jew, bond nor free"; and anyone who attempts by any manner or means to utilize the power of God for a personal, selfish, or destructive purpose might just as well be touching a hot wire-they are on their way to self-destruction. God is no respecter of persons. God's rain falls on the just and the unjust. God's presence is the power of forgiveness to every phase of discord, whatever its name or nature. Now, this minister was not mistaken that plants did grow and were destroyed. His mistake was believing that it was spiritual power, or prayer, or contact with God that was responsible for the result. But God wasn't. Anyone could duplicate that experiment. It is entirely mental. No one really knows the extent of the power of the mind. No one has ever experimented enough to learn what the actual power of the mind is. I had the pleasure and privilege of being with a teacher who taught me how to leave this body and how to travel to any part of the globe I wanted to see. And for many years I enjoyed that experience, wandering out into this world practically every night-not that it proved anything from a spiritual standpoint. It merely proved that the mind is not encased in the body. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...m_ Chapter 15, Mental Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:52- 122K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 18, Mysticism
- ... I believe that since life is eternal, we have always lived and since we have always lived, we must have lived in or out of some particular state of consciousness and therefore some are very, very much further developed than others. If you, this moment, were to pass on, you would not find yourself having to go through all the things you have had to go through until you came to this spiritual awareness. You would very nearly start off where you are this minute as a spiritually developed soul-or very close to it-in some cases, further ahead even because in some cases the act of transition is a freeing one. Now, there isn't enough clinical proof for anyone to make a definite statement that he knows why one person gets healed quickly and another one doesn't. That is not our particular problem at this moment. Our particular problem is this: the development of the practitioner to that point where he neither fears, hates nor loves error; his development of some measure of Christ-consciousness which means divine love, universal love, a sense of forgiveness, a sense of gratitude, a sense of human affection. Don't forget that the command of the Master was, "Love thy neighbor." 9 It was not only love God but your neighbor too. You have to love your neighbor as yourself. He gave those two great Commandments. He was most clear that what you had to do was love God and love your neighbor. You know, we get so absolute about our love for God sometimes that we just forget our neighbor. But we don't want to do that in this work. We want to take the full measure of the Christ. We want to love God with all our heart and with all our soul but we want to love our neighbor, too. And we want to show forth that love in compassion, in patience, in justice, in kindness, in forbearance, in joy-in willingness to share all of the good that God has given us. Above all we want to give up our egotistic belief that we have personal powers as practitioners. Our healings will be in proportion as we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tion_ Chapter 18, Mysticism.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:22- 158K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: January 1958, Spiritual Unfoldment Through The Study of The Infinite Way
- CHAPTER ONE: JANUARY Spiritual Unfoldment Through the Study of the Infinite Way UNLESS spiritual teaching uses the letter of truth as a foundation upon which to build, it frequently results in a blind faith in some kind of a power outside of ourselves, a power that we expect and hope will do something for us. An understanding of spiritual principles is gained, first, by learning the letter of truth and, then, by applying it to the everyday problems of human existence-to our human relationships and to our headaches, corns, bunions, and simple colds. Eventually, we shall learn to apply these principles to the major problems of individual existence and finally come to the realization that these principles, if accepted, would operate in national and international affairs. Merely as statements, truth is of no avail, but as we live with the letter of truth and continually abide in it, one day there comes a transitional experience. The mind is no longer repeating words, but words are coming to our awareness from within. The Bible, the writings of The Infinite Way, the tape recordings, the tape recording meetings, and the class work, if properly utilized, serve a twofold purpose. First, these implant the letter of truth in the mind and then they become the instruments by which truth becomes conscious awareness, a feeling in the heart. In the early stages of the development of spiritual consciousness, you fill yourself with truth by reading, by listening to recordings and attending tape recording meetings, by individual study with a teacher who had gone a step beyond you, and by attendance at classes. The more inspirational literature you read, the more classes you attend, and the more recordings you hear, the more does your thought become spiritualized, and the clearer transparency for truth do you become. Regardless of what path you may be following, you will find that there are certain disciplines to be observed : there is work to be done; there are periods when it is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Study of The Infinite Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:01- 154K
Find Similar Documents