Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 3, God's Blessing Is Not Dependent on Thought or Thing
- ... Take no thought for the things of "this world." Do your work; fulfill your mission on earth, in your household, in your family, in your business, in your art, in your profession. I am the very bread of life, the very supply. I am here that you might have it more abundantly. With this meditation we will find a peace descending, and eventually the words will come to an end. Perhaps for twenty, thirty, or forty seconds we will be completely at peace, without a single thought. That is sufficient. That is why it is much better to have six or ten one to two-minute periods every day than it is to have one or two half-hour periods of relaxing into God's grace. We are not seeking anything; we are remembering: Thy grace is free. It is not dependent on what I think or do; Thy grace is free. My remembrance of this will make me think and do that which is spiritually right. It is possible to love this God with all our heart, with all our soul, and with all our might, for this God has no remembrance of the past; this God has full forgiveness in the present. TAPE RECORDED EXCERPTS Prepared by the Editor The listing of the titles of chapters in the writings dealing with Christmas and the recordings used in the preparation of these chapters, proved to be of such inestimable value to the students in gaining a deeper awareness of the real meaning of Christmas that at this Easter season which marks the culmination of the Christ experience, the Easter messages found in Joel S. Goldsmith's writings are listed below. Those students who work with these chapters and recordings throughout the coming months will have their own special Easter-experience of rising above this world of mental concepts into the realm of pure Consciousness. The Easter-Experience "Resurrection," Chapter 4 of The 1957 Infinite Way Letters from Joel S. Goldsmith's "The Teacher Within," The 1956 Second Steinway Hall Closed Class, Tape 2:2; "Establishing your Spiritual Integrity," The 1955 First Kailua Study Group, Tape ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pendent on Thought or Thing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:12- 125K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 8, The Fruitage of Knowing God Aright
- ... Instead of trying to gain business at the expense of a competitor, there would be better business for everyone if competitors could agree to put their heads together in the attitude, "How can we give better service and increase the amount of business in this neighborhood?" Do not believe for a minute that God prospers one person's business at somebody else's expense. It is easy to bring business under the jurisdiction of spiritual activity. Business is not separate and apart from one's spiritual experience. Business is as spiritual as any form of living, just as spiritual as going to church or as engaging in prayer. Not all forms of business would fit into that category, but business, as I understand it, is really a part of spiritual living. Forgiveness as the Foundation for a Life Work In the very first year of the great depression of the 1930's, a man who had made a fortune in the building business lost his entire business and fortune. His wife had to go to work, and he took what ... All of a sudden the meaning of those words dawned on me as I realized that the people in the church were reading those words backwards. The divine love that meets every need is not out here. It is inside. Therefore, it is the divine love you express that meets your need. There is no God out here meeting your need. God is within you, but as long as you are not expressing that divine love, it is unexpressed, and as long as it is unexpressed, it cannot meet your human need. What constitutes divine love? Forgiveness, charity, benevolence, kindness, cooperativeness, sharing: all these constitute divine love. If you are not expressing divine love, it is not going to return to you or meet your need. It was that awareness that brought a change in my way of life, because I saw how foolish it is to sit around waiting for God to do something. Are You an Instrument for God's Love? God is forever being God, so there is no use waiting for God to do something tomorrow. God is already doing it. The ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...itage of Knowing God Aright.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:36- 125K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 6, Not Appearances But Is
- Chapter Six Not Appearances But Is The Infinite Way1 clearly states that a problem cannot be met on the level of the problem. Ninety percent of the failures in healing arise from ignorance of the meaning of that statement. When, from every human standpoint, a person appears to be dying, the immediate thought would probably be, "What are we going to do to save his life?" When a person talks of unhappiness in his marriage, our first thought runs to "What can be done to make the marriage a happy one?" When a person is unemployed, immediately there comes to mind, "What can we think or know to bring employment to him?" All this is a barrier to success in healing because no Infinite Way student is a healer of disease or of sin, nor is he an employment agency or a marriage counselor. He does not meet a problem on the level of the problem, so no matter what the person says about his problem, the Infinite Way student is not hearing it, and certainly he is not answering it because that would put him in the realm of a counselor or doctor. No problem can ever be met on the level of the problem. The Fluctuating Nature of Humanhood The picture that confronts us is that there is sick humanhood and well humanhood, sinful humanhood and pure humanhood, living humanhood and dead humanhood, and the purpose of the medical and ministerial world is to take that bad or erroneous humanhood and put it over onto the good side. But that does not in any way enter into our ministry. The function of our ministry is to ignore everything that is being told us about sin, disease, death, lack, limitation, and politics, and to go down through the center, through what we call the middle path. We do not think in terms of what a wonderful society it would be if only all politicians were honest, if everybody were humanly well, or if everybody had a sufficient income. We have had periods in American history where, on the whole, conditions were very good. The country made tremendous progress; the standard ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 6, Not Appearances But Is.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:56- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 3, The Principle of Contemplative Meditation
- CHAPTER 3 THE PRINCIPLE OF CONTEMPLATIVE MEDITATION Most religious teachings tell us that the Spirit of the Lord is everywhere. If that were true, everybody would be free, healthy, wealthy, independent, joyous, and harmonious, and there would be no slavery, bondage, lack, or limitation. But that is not the condition of the world, so that teaching cannot be true. It is like saying that electricity is everywhere. However, until it is connected to your particular use, it does you no good. So it is with the Spirit of the Lord. In an absolute spiritual sense, the Spirit of the Lord is everywhere; but if you do not realize God, if you do not make contact with God, if you do not feel the actual presence of God, then as far as you are concerned, it is not there. The Infinite Way principle is that the Spirit of the Lord is only where it is realized. God-Realization The whole secret lies in the word consciousness. If you are conscious of the presence of the Lord, if you are conscious of the activity of God, then it is so unto you. To develop this consciousness we meditate or reach out to practitioners for help. Until we ourselves have realized the Spirit of the Lord, we turn to a practitioner who has the capacity (either inborn or developed) to realize God. If you can contact the consciousness of a Jesus Christ or of a John or of a Paul, your troubles are over and harmony is instantly restored to you because you have touched the consciousness of one who has attained God-realization. It makes no difference whether the practitioner is an Infinite Way student, a Christian Science student, or a Unity student as long as the practitioner is of a realized God- consciousness. On the other hand, if the practitioner is not of realized God- consciousness, regardless of what teaching he or she follows, you will get no benefit except possibly a little human comfort. You will have no demonstration of health, harmony, wholeness, completeness, or perfection. The Infinite Way practitioner has ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...of Contemplative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:38- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 4, Life Unfolding As the Fruitage of Attained Consciousness
- ... Of course, that never was true. That was merely a concept of some writer or teacher, but the Christian era disposed of that and revealed what is now demonstrable, and that is that all your evil karma, all your former wrong thinking or wrongdoing is wiped out in a moment of repentance-not in years of working it out, not in years of suffering, not in years between heaven and hell, and not in years of paying a penalty on earth. No! In my own experience, a moment after the first light, the entire past with its desires and its punishments dropped away. I have witnessed in the years that have followed how many students, in coming to a place of actual repentance for any of their previous wrongs-some of omission, some of commission, some serious, some not so serious-have, in that moment of accepting the spiritual path, wiped out the past, and with their sowing to the Spirit, with their sowing to truth, they have begun very quickly to reap spiritual harmony, spiritual peace, an inner awareness of forgiveness, and an inner awareness of release from the burdens of the human sense of life. I speak not only of sin in terms of what the world calls sin, but also of disease, lack, or limitation, all of which are really sins from the standpoint of spiritual living because they miss the mark of spiritual perfection. Your diseases are as readily wiped out as your sins; your lack and limitation are wiped out as readily as your sins-but only in one way: by sowing to the Spirit, by sowing to truth, by pondering the word of God, by taking the word of God into consciousness, by meditating and contemplating on the word of God. In that moment, you are sowing to the Spirit, you are sowing to truth; and it will not be long before you will be reaping spiritual fruitage, spiritual harmony, spiritual health, spiritual supply, spiritual companionship, and witnessing all these translated into terms of human harmony. Sowing Now Brings Forth Reaping Now This sowing to the Spirit must take place in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e of Attained Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:52- 123K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XV, Beyond Words and Thoughts
- CHAPTER XV BEYOND WORDS AND THOUGHTS Through study, meditation, living with the letter of truth, and constant practice, the principles of spiritual healing become established in consciousness. What is written in this book is intended to speed the transition from a material sense of life to the attainment of that mind which was in Christ Jesus, which is the healing consciousness. Those who are truly spiritually minded and have an understanding of the principles of spiritual healing are able to heal; but being spiritually minded does not mean resting in an intellectual knowledge of these principles; it does not mean making affirmations and denials, or using mental powers or human wisdom. No person of himself has enough understanding to heal a headache. The Spirit of God that is generated in us, which we have either brought with us to this earth- experience as a divine gift or have attained through the cultivation of it, is that which does the healing. A book such as this is merely an agency to help develop a conscious awareness of that Spirit of God. Success, not only in healing, but in all spiritual demonstration, is something that far transcends any knowledge that we have or may acquire. True, the knowledge that we acquire does serve a purpose, but that purpose is only to lead us into the actual spiritual consciousness. It is difficult for many metaphysicians to believe that all the truth they know and all the truth they study is not God-power and does not bring God into their experience, nor does it give them God-guidance, God-health, or God-strength. The average student really believes that reading books, going to church, or going to classes somehow sets him apart in God's eyes. It is better, of course, to do these things than not to do them, but spiritual truth becomes a law of God in our experience only in proportion to our realization of it. Never forget that. There must first be the acknowledgment, and then must come the realization. We may study truth for a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Beyond Words and Thoughts.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:34- 108K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 3, The Peace-Be-Still of Spiritual Authority
- Chapter Three The Peace-Be-Still of Spiritual Authority The first step in our spiritual development and progress included both a physical and mental discipline. That discipline involved remembering God, refraining from stealing, envy, jealousy, and not committing adultery or murder. It was accompanied by the restraints of the thou-shalt-not's-or-God-will-do-something- to-you. In these early days of developing and living by a moral code, people were not capable of disciplining themselves, so there had to be a hierarchy of priests to make certain that the laws were obeyed. The Body and the Mind Must Be Disciplined As generation after generation came under the discipline of the law, eventually more and more persons learned to discipline themselves, no longer requiring an overseeing power to keep them in line. Through this discipline their natures were changed and their desires brought under control. Gradually a better state of humanhood evolved, which is what always happens when the undisciplined come under discipline. Not only do they learn how to behave, but their very nature changes, and they lose the desire and the propensity for undisciplined conduct or thoughts. In the earliest stage of our existence we are disciplined as to our physical acts, and then later our mental activity also comes under discipline. When Jesus was teaching the principles of spiritual living, he said that it was not enough not to commit the act of adultery, but even thinking about it had to be controlled, because there was just as much evil in the desire or thought as there was in the act: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. Matthew 5:28 Jesus indicated that first there must be the discipline of rising above the indulgence in an act. Next must come the discipline of the mind, so that it would be incapable of thinking undisciplined thoughts. "He that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...till of Spiritual Authority.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:35- 123K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 1, Laying the Foundation The Healing Principles
- ... When my mind is filled with truth and love, "neither do I condemn thee." All who enter this hall are forgiven their sins of omission or commission. They come into his grace because my mind is filled with his grace, with his word, with his truth, and all who enter here enter the divine presence and receive forgiveness and regeneration. They even find that the lost years of the locust are restored to them by the divine grace which God has given me as truth. "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. "Every word of truth which constitutes my consciousness is bread and wine, water, meat, life, and resurrection unto all who enter my consciousness. Truth is the divine influence; love is the divine influence. If my mind, my consciousness, my soul is filled with truth, spiritual truth and love, all who enter my consciousness partake of that divine bread, meat, wine, and water which is life eternal. Through the truth embodied in my consciousness, I am a law unto you: a law of healing, a law of forgiveness, a law of grace and benediction, even a law of supply. 1 Just think, this is you talking to yourself, thinking within yourself. You are not an isolated person separate and apart from every person in this room. I am in you, you are in me, and we are in God. So ... You are virtually saying, "Don't forgive me as I don't forgive." You are setting the price of your own freedom or bondage. Therefore, in your treatment work, you must provide a minute to consciously release all who have offended, whether it is an offense against you, against democracy, against justice, against nations, or against the word of God. Set them free. Release them. Ask God's forgiveness. Be willing that they be forgiven without penalty regardless of the nature of their offense, even as Jesus forgave the adulteress, even as he forgave the thief dying on the cross. Be sure you are praying that God opens the minds and souls and consciousness of those ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tion The Healing Principles.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:48- 134K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Ten, An Act of Commitment
- CHAPTER TEN AN ACT OF COMMITMENT As I sat in meditation these words came to me, "the womb of Silence," and with them it was as if there were a tremendous silence, large and round, and this was the womb out of which all creation came.1 All creation was formed in this womb of Silence. There was not a man, but there was a universe: the earth, the rocks, the trees, streams, seas, skies, suns, moons, and planets-all this flowing forth as an unfoldment from this huge womb of penetrating, complete stillness-yet more than stillness: absolute silence, quietness. It moves as if in a rhythm, and this rhythm not only forms it, but sustains creation with everything in its rightful place. Looking out into this universe, you can see that there is cold-snow and ice-in the north, and warmth in the south, flowers and trees of one nature in the north and of another in the south. This rhythm, the rhythm that is flowing from that Silence, maintains and sustains creation beautifully, all in its order. Eventually, man appears here and there on the face of the globe, also maintained by this rhythm that flows within his consciousness. It is a flow of rhythm that maintains the activity of the body, the organs and their functions. Everything seems to be responsive to this rhythm, and all this rhythm is flowing forth from that womb into form as grace, beauty, order, peace. The relationship between all these forms is harmonious. We could use the words "love" or "loving," but there is no love or loving: there is only a naturalness of peace, contentment, and this is the rhythm in expression, the rhythm of the universe. INHARMONY RESULTS FROM BEING OUTSIDE THE RHYTHM When anything goes wrong in our experience, it is because we are out of tune with this rhythm. We can observe the willow tree, how it moves with the breeze, almost flows with the breeze, and then imagine what would happen if it were to try to stand erect in that breeze or resist it. It would be broken. And so is man broken the moment ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r Ten, An Act of Commitment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:32- 98K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 14, God Is Not Mocked
- ~ 14 ~ GOD IS NOT MOCKED THE REAL PURPOSE OF SPIRITUAL TEACHING is not merely to show students how to make the demonstration of daily living and daily harmony, nor even the demonstration of peace and health in a human way. There is something more important in life than making the organs of the body a little healthier, or prolonging physical life a few years, or increasing a person's income by ten or even a thousand dollars a week. The real import of The Infinite Way is that we realize that life is Spirit and therefore our individual expression of that life must be spiritual and our entire existence show forth the harmonies and perfections of Spirit, and not merely physical health and wealth. Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. Galatians 6:7,8 "Be not deceived; God is not mocked." Judging the world from the evidence of the five physical senses, we would have to admit that God is mocked. Surely, God never planned for Its creation any such scenes or experiences as we witness in the human world, and so, judging by human experience and from what we see about us of sin, disease, wars and depressions, it is practically impossible to believe that God is not mocked. "For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth." 1 How can we reconcile that statement with the statistical fact that not only are our highways filled with death every day, but that we send the flower of our youth off to war to make sure they get killed even faster than would be the normal incidence in traffic accidents? Yes, in the human scene, God is mocked. Anyone who has ever spent any amount of time in healing work-spiritual, mental or medical-or with those suffering from cancer or tuberculosis would certainly be tempted to agree that God is mocked. Yet Scripture says that God is not mocked. It also says ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 14, God Is Not Mocked.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:45- 136K
Find Similar Documents