A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XVI, The Secret of the Word Made Flesh
- CHAPTER XVI THE SECRET OF THE WORD MADE FLESH In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. JOHN 1:1-14 The Word becomes flesh, that is, the Word becomes the son of God in the consciousness of men. The consciousness of most men is dark so that it cannot receive or believe in the son of God. But to those who can receive, to those who have some measure of spiritual intuition, to them the son of God can come and be received, and because the son of God can be received even by one person in all the world, that makes it possible for all men, for us, too, to become sons of God. All the mystics of the world have revealed that there is but one Selfhood, one Ego, one infinite Being. God created individual being, individual you and me, in the image and likeness of Himself, not through the act of human conception and birth, but He sent man forth into expression as the showing forth of all that He is and has-and this without ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...cret of the Word Made Flesh.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:01- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: August 11, 1963, Lessons on Grace
- LESSONS ON GRACE August 11, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. Every experience in The Infinite Way is meant only as a lesson. If we have meetings of this nature or of another nature, be assured they are of no importance except as a lesson. I would never have meetings in and of themselves, because they can become habit-forming. In other words students sometimes believe there is a virtue in attending them or they feel that by their attendance at meetings they become more spiritual. Once you have these mistaken concepts, the meetings have lost their value. During this year we have met at noon on Sundays in a room like this, or a more beautiful room upstairs on the eleventh floor, and also in another beautiful room on the shores of the Pacific. In times past, we have met in a tiny place here in Waikiki. Yes, we have met in many places and under many circumstances, and one of the lessons meant to be conveyed is this: You do not have to go to a holy mountain or to Jerusalem or to magnificent temple to find God. "Here where I am, God is," and this is true if you make your bed in hell. Yes, and it is true if you mount up to heaven and it is true if you walk through the valley of the shadow of death. "Here where I am, God is." I hope those of you who have met with us here or elsewhere, in dingy places and in luxurious places, realize this: The meeting was only for one purpose-that we might unite to receive God's grace. It really makes no difference where we unite and it really makes no difference if we unite since "one with God is a majority"; and, "Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Our meetings are as irregularly conducted as you can possibly imagine; we meet sometimes here, sometimes there, and sometimes nowhere. We are held together by no human bond, no human tie, no human obligation-there is not even an obligation to attend these meetings. Even I hold myself without obligation to be here, should ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 11, 1963, Lessons on Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:08- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: August 24, 1963, Hidden Manna-The Real Infinite Way
- HIDDEN MANNA-THE REAL INFINITE WAY August 24, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD AFTERNOON. It is very noticeable that far too many students do not know what makes The Infinite Way, or why there is an Infinite Way message. If our students knew the answer, their progress would be very rapid; but, because they do not catch this major point, they struggle for years not knowing where they are going or why. That which started me on the spiritual path and which ultimately led to The Infinite Way, was the realization that there is no God in the human world or in any religious teaching as such. There is no God answering the prayers of people. For this reason, and for this reason only, there can be a world filled with all the things you can think of which constitute horrible world conditions. None of this would be if there were a God in the world. In the presence of light there is no darkness. You cannot have the presence of the Christ and have a sin or a death or a lack or man's inhumanity to man. Eventually it was revealed to me that you cannot reach God through the mind, and that is why prayers as such are worthless except as one's blind faith might make of them a little power-just as it is possible to give a little sugar pill and stop pain. In this realization you must remember that this makes any religion or any religious teaching in and of itself nothing more nor less than a philosophy. The only thing that can make a religion a religion is something that brings the actual presence and power of God into concrete manifestation, and it is for this reason that we say The Infinite Way is not so much a teaching as an experience. There are spiritual principles, but these do not constitute The Infinite Way. These are but stepping stones or bridges over which you walk. You have not reached the goal of The Infinite Way until you have the actual realized presence of God or activity of the Christ. It is for this reason that we cannot have outlined or formalized prayers or treatments. They ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...anna--The Real Infinite Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:09- 109K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: August 4,1963, Becoming the New Man
- ... It is only with the coming of the spiritual faculty-it is only when you have inner discernment-that you learn the great secret which the mind cannot believe. God is speaking, saying: "Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine." 10 Only this can stop that mad rush to destruction, because now it is always possible to go to the source- that I within-for daily manna. Sometimes a stumbling block arises because when you do this, the flow starts very quickly and very abundantly. It is at this point that you fail to take time to discover the next bit of manna which is that you have not merely been given a sufficiency, you have been given twelve baskets to share with "the least of these my brethren." Are we doing it? What about the distribution of the twelve baskets? "What we surrender, we have; what we hold in the grasp of possession, we lose. Everything we release, we draw to us. Everything we loose, we have; everything we set free, we bind to us forever." This is spiritual law. If you receive forgiveness and do not give it, you lose it. If you receive love and do not give it, you lose it. If you receive gratitude and do not give it, you lose it because life- God-is an outflow, and only as we are letting the grace of God flow through us are we instruments of the divine. These are some of the points that you are apt to forget. You must be reminded of them, as eventually you will find it necessary to remind others, until they too have become fully acquainted with the new man which they have become and who is now able to live peacefully with the spiritual facts of life rather than with the material concepts. Do you not see why many of our students miss the way? When students begin to have some healings, some forgivings or some supplyings, they must quickly realize that these are not the demonstration-these are the fruits of the demonstration. The demonstration is the consciousness of the presence of that indwelling spirit, and all the "things" are added unto us ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...,1963, Becoming the New Man.pdf
Modified: 2017-09-07 14:12:48- 114K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 3, Individual Consciousness as Law
- ~ 3 ~ INDIVIDUAL CONSCIOUSNESS AS LAW Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth. Jeremiah 9:23, 24 This statement from Jeremiah can be carried out in practical experience. We are not to glory in the world of effect, whether that effect appears as person, place, circumstance, condition, or thing, because the substance, the reality, does not lie in any effect. The power and the glory, the substance and the reality, the cause and the law lie in the spirit which produces all that appears to us as form, circumstance, or condition. We can enjoy and use the things of this world, but our faith and confidence must not be centered in the world or in the things of the world. Our faith and confidence must be in the spirit which produces, forms, and animates all that exists. No Power Acts upon Us The Infinite Way teaches that man is consciousness and that that very consciousness is the cause of body, business, and home. Many people believe that a discordant body, business, or home is due to a power outside of themselves, acting upon them. As long as we accept the belief that there is a power outside of us, just that long will we be seeking to get in touch with a good power to do something for us. If the belief is accepted that a law of time is acting upon our bodies and mentalities, our experience will be on that level. There is no power operating in our experience separate from our own consciousness, but as long as we believe that there is such a power and as long as we are trying to get in touch with it, we shall never contact it. The world has been praying to God for things. It is no more sensible to pray to God for things than it is to pray to the principle of electricity to light your house. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...vidual Consciousness as Law.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 113K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 5, Nothing Takes Place Outside of Consciousness
- Chapter Five Nothing Takes Place Outside of Consciousness One of the most important principles of the Infinite Way is that God constitutes individual being. This means that God constitutes your being and mine. God manifests as our life, mind, spirit, and soul. Even our body is the temple of God. This is the spiritual truth about every one of us. God has given us dominion over "the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."1 God created us in His own image, giving us His life, soul, spirit, and intelligence and, in so doing, He gave us dominion over ignorance, superstition, and darkness. This dominion is our spiritual birthright and makes us a law unto our life's demonstration. All Error, a Mental Imposition We are human beings because we have forfeited our birthright of dominion and turned it over to what the Master called "this world." 2 At the very instant that the newspapers, radio, or television announces an impending epidemic, human beings open themselves to becoming victims of the epidemic. They permit it to become a part of their experience by means of mentally imposed suggestions from outside. It is not that anyone has maliciously started the rumor just to make them ill: it is in universal human consciousness, and it is thrust at all of us. Without knowing the underlying truth of being, we may passively accept it with a "Well, what can I do about it? I'm just a statistic. So if forty out of a hundred get it, I may be one of the forty." If we escape it, we consider ourselves lucky. Actually, we are responsible for being victimized by the mass hypnosis only because we do not know how to avoid it. We do not know what caused it or how to prevent it. The Presidential election of 1916 illustrates the effect of any kind of mass hysteria. The incumbent president was re-elected because he had kept the nation out of war, clear-cut evidence that the public did ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ce Outside of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Seven, Living by Meditation
- CHAPTER SEVEN LIVING BY MEDITATION There comes a time in the lives of all those who reach out to God when the experience of God-realization takes place. Although it is literally true that God fills all space and that where we are, God is, this has little significance in the life of the average human being, because the activity of God does not come into anyone's experience until God has been consciously realized. It is an actual experience, and at the moment of its taking place, we know that it has happened. Because of the pressure of human life, however, this God-experience does not remain a permanent dispensation. It is possible to have the realization of God, thereby experiencing God's grace, and yet, a day or two later, find ourselves leading much the same kind of a human life as before, with just as much of chance, change, or accident in it. It becomes necessary, therefore, to renew the experience of God-realization, not only every day, but very nearly every hour of every day, because there is a tremendous amount of world pressure in the atmosphere which unconsciously we pick up and to which we respond unknowingly from morning to night and from night to morning. Even those who are far along on the spiritual path will acknowledge that there are times when, for no known reason, fear grips them, or when doubt and uncertainty may overwhelm them; and this is nothing more nor less than the activity of world thought which intrudes into the consciousness of every individual, although this is true to a far lesser degree of those who remain, in so far as possible, in God-consciousness, that is, those who learn to "pray without ceasing." 1 There are two approaches to life-one in which life is lived by the law and the other in which it is lived by grace. Life lived on the human, materialistic level is difficult at best and oftentimes not only difficult, but to many actually unpleasant. It is a life lived by the sword, not merely the sword of war, but also the sword used in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Seven, Living by Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:00- 106K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 2, Before Abraham
- CHAPTER 2 "Before Abraham" IMPERSONALIZE GOD and what do you have? You have divine Being, universally expressing Itself, universally manifesting Itself; before Abraham was, and unto the end of the world. This is what you get when you impersonalize God: you get infinite, divine Being, from the so-called beginning to the so-called ending. You also discover that there was no beginning, as there will be no ending, for life is a circle. It never began. It never ends. It Is! Before Abraham, It Is; unto the end of the world, It Is. It Is I AM! I AM! Before Abraham was, I Am! As one mystic said, "Before God was, I am"; and this is Truth. Before there was such a thing as a God concept in anyone's mind, I am. Someone else has said, "If there were not a God, man would have to make one." Do you not see that this only promotes that we might live forever in darkness, that we have to make up a God, that we have to form a concept of God, that we have to have some image or idea, in our mind, of God? God is invisible, indescribable, incorporeal, infinite, from everlasting to everlasting, and who can draw a picture of that? Who can invent a word to encompass that? The only word that has ever been shown forth that set men free is that word I! Whenever it was revealed, the veil was removed. Whenever God was personalized and finitized, or made an image in this or that religion, the veil was on again. Why could the mystic see that God is closer than breathing, nearer than hands and feet, when there is nothing closer than breathing but I myself? We are to relax, to rest, in this consciousness, the creative Principle of life, the Reality of life, the Omnipresence, Omnipotence, and Omniscience that Is within me. Closer than breathing Is the Selfhood of me. Relax in It and let It perform Its work. This also shows you why it was said, "He performeth that which is given me to do, He perfecteth that which concerneth me." There is always this He, that is within me, that we identify as not a "He" ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 2, Before Abraham.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:21- 103K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 4, The Hidden Kingdom
- Chapter Four The Hidden Kingdom We have been erroneously taught to pray to God for things like money, automobiles, homes, companionship, marriage, or divorce, and that, under certain circumstances, God will grant our requests. We have also been taught that we can pray for peace on earth, while at the same time our armies are out fighting, using the most sophisticated and deadly weapons. When the metaphysical movement began, this type of petitionary prayer was changed into an affirmative type by which we hoped to accomplish better results. We became convinced that if we just made the right declarations, we not only could get an automobile, but we could name the particular make of car we wanted. We not only could get a home, but we could select the climate in which the home should be located. We could pray for a wife or a husband and could even pray for a divorce. All things, we were told, are possible to God, if we just used the right combination of words and thoughts. To a God of Spirit, Pray Only for Spiritual Things Certainly, this new type of prayer has not been any more successful than the old form of prayer. One element was forgotten, one! "God is a spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." 1 We must take no thought for anything of a material nature, not for what we should eat, what we should drink, or with what we should be clothed. That includes taking no thought for money, because it is money that brings us food, clothing, and housing. When we pray, let it be "Give us this day our daily bread," 2 meaning, give us Grace for today, give us Thy substance, Thy truth, Thy word. "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." 3 So we must pray for that Word. The Word is incorporeal and spiritual, but somehow, when we pray for the Word, the bread comes, and the meat, the wine, the water, the clothing, and the housing. God is spirit, and if we ask anything of God-not in the name of a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 4, The Hidden Kingdom.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:35- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: January 1957, Out of Darkness - Light
- CHAPTER ONE: JANUARY Out of Darkness - Light 1 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. Genesis 1: 2 THE light of God, the light of spiritual wisdom, enters consciousness only in the degree of our own receptivity and devotion to it. It cannot force itself upon us, nor can it come to us in any greater measure than we, ourselves, permit. God is the full and complete brightness thereof, but it is for us to determine the measure of the light we shall receive. It is not enough to say, "I would like the wholeness of God," when our actions disprove such a statement. If we really wanted God above all things, we would provide sufficient opportunity for It to fulfil Itself in us, so that we could receive the fullness of God's light. To a great extent many of us are still living in spiritual darkness. Although we may all have experienced God's grace in some slight measure, even though it be in as slight a measure as is one grain of sand compared with all the sands in the universe, nevertheless, we do not yet know the real meaning of grace. Darkness is upon the face of the deep so far as spiritual health, spiritual harmony, spiritual supply, spiritual relationships, and spiritual peace are concerned. In acknowledging that spiritual darkness reigns, however, we have arrived at that place in consciousness where we are ready to open ourselves to the influx of spiritual light. There is a moment in your life and in mine when darkness is upon us, and we are without form and void. If, in that emptiness, we can become very still, we shall feel the atmosphere of God envelop us, filling our whole being with light. Then comes the assurance: "I 2 will never leave you, nor forsake you. I was with you before Abraham was, and although you have not known Me, I have known you." Yet, even with such comforting assurance, you will be tempted, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...57, Out of Darkness - Light.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:01- 147K
Find Similar Documents