Living by the Word: Chapter 11, Sowing and Reaping
- forgiveness, through praying for the enemy, through loving our neighbor as ourselves, through doing unto others as we would have them do unto us. Thereby we are sowing seeds of love and seeds of truth. In that sowing, the soil is being prepared for spiritual reaping, because with no devil to interfere and no God to give or withhold, we are going to reap what we have sown. Setting in Motion the Law of Love In Christian mysticism, this teaching is called the law of as-ye-sow-so-shall- ye-reap; in Oriental mysticism, it is called the law of karma. They both mean the same thing; the law of cause and effect. The cause that we set in motion through forgiveness ... The law came by Moses, but grace and truth came by the Christian dispensation of Christ Jesus. This means that at any moment that we repent, as we do in meditations of forgiveness, in retracting every bit of erroneous belief we have held about others, and in withdrawing from circulation all hate, envy, jealousy, malice, bias, ... Can you imagine the look in the eyes of the woman taken in adultery as she stood before her accusers, that look directed at the Master that demanded, asked for, and pleaded for understanding and forgiveness, even without saying a word? And the Master answered, "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more." 1 Just her look convinced the Master of her repentance, and the past was wiped out. Instantly! No period of sorrow, no period of grief, no period of going through Hades, but wiped out in a moment, because there was no condemnation, nor is there ever any condemnation from the Christ. There is forgiveness, and with it a warning: "Go, and sin no more." In ... You must find it by realizing that I in the midst of you is the Christ. Loving Restores US to the Divine Consciousness We have prayed spiritually when we have prayed the prayer of love, truth, and forgiveness; and in doing this, we have sown to the Spirit. We have made sure that now we will reap the Spirit. As we sow tonight, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 11, Sowing and Reaping.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:49- 124K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 7, The Middle Path
- ~ 7 ~ THE MIDDLE PATH "Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love. (Gal. 5:2-6) For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature." (Gal. 6:15) Under the Hebrew law circumcision was necessary. It was a part of the ritual, and without it you were not a good Jew and would not, probably, get into a good Jewish heaven. But we do not want to be a good Hebrew-we want to be a good Christian, and so we will not be circumcised! The passages quoted above say that circumcision or uncircumcision availeth nothing. Why is this so? Either way you are under the law, and whatever you are doing in order to be obedient to the law cheats you of Divine Grace. It does not matter whether you want to obey a Hebrew or a Christian law, a Muhammadan or a Hindu law: as long as you want to obey a law you are not under Grace. In setting up a loyalty to a man, a teaching, or a church, what becomes of your loyalty to God? In being loyal to God you cannot be false to any man, or to any organization, but in setting up a separate loyalty or obedience to a man-made rule, you break your allegiance to God. This was discovered at the drawing of the Constitution of the United States. This great document simply would not go together until the writers began to pray and to put God into their sessions. In this connection we find a strange thing: obedience to the Constitution of the United States is not obedience to man-made law. The Constitution is a revelation of liberty, justice and freedom, and these are qualities of God. The ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 7, The Middle Path.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:54- 120K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 1, The Need for Religion
- ... On the other hand, the person who is gross, who has never lived very close to God or thought much about God can go on for a long time storing up karma. When it reaches a certain level, however, even he gets clipped, because he is not violating a God, he is violating his God, the God at the center of his being. An Inner Cleansing Is Necessary for Forgiveness When we take the Master's teaching seriously, we realize that we cannot merely go to church on Sunday and because of that receive absolution. No minister, priest, or rabbi can absolve ... There cannot be a God that would injure, destroy, or withhold. Such a God would not be God. God is love, and what makes us believe in Christianity is the life the Master lived and the work he did. He said that his work was "to do the will of him that sent"9 him. In that will there is no withholding, no lack of forgiveness, no excommunication. Nothing like that! The sinner is just as much welcomed as the saint, because the sinner has come to be made a saint. Jesus came to heal the sick, raise the dead, preach the gospel, and feed the ... The Consciousness of No Judgment Brings Peace Once we have experienced God we can never again judge, criticize, or condemn a person for anything he does. " 'Father, forgive them: for they know not what they do.'12 If they only knew, they would live by Grace instead of by theft, but we will teach it to them, that is, we will teach it to those who are willing." We cannot benefit anyone when we criticize, judge, condemn, or sit in judgment. The Master's whole ministry was one of love and forgiveness. It was not that he was so loving: it was because he was performing the ministry of his Father. And that is the mission given to us: not to sit in judgment, criticism, or condemnation, but to forgive, not caring what a person does tomorrow. If he wants to sin tomorrow and be punished again, that is his business, but this day he has come to us and received forgiveness. That is our mission and function. Prayer ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Message for the Ages Chap1.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-27 20:20:56- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Living The Infinite Way: Chapter Eight, Meditation
- CHAPTER EIGHT MEDITATION Meditation is the way by which we attain the kingdom of God, and then life is lived by Grace. The ultimate of meditation is a state of complete silence within. The question naturally arises: For one who has not learned the art of inner silence, how is meditation accomplished? Certain it is that it is not a simple thing to achieve, because it is difficult to still the thinking mind. There is a way of meditating, however, which eventually will lead to a cessation of thought, leaving one in a sublime state of inner quiet. In this sacred and secret sanctuary of one's own being, only those thoughts which are of God enter. There are many ways of meditating, but it is important for the beginner to avoid trying to accomplish something beyond his immediate understanding. In order to meditate successfully and without having disturbing, extraneous thoughts intrude, the mode of contemplative meditation is simple and will lead the student, step by step, into higher forms of meditation. In contemplative meditation, the student transcends the desire to tell God anything or to ask God for anything. He contemplates the sun, moon, stars, and tides, and all growing and living things, remembering that the heavens and the earth are filled with everything of which man has need. He beholds all things as emanations of God, showing forth God's glory, God's law, and God's love for His children. In this quiet, peaceful state, the reassuring words of Scripture are fulfilled: "Thou wilt keep Him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee.... In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." When we are in a peaceful, quiet, reflective mood in the country, in the mountains, or by the sea, we become aware of the wonder and beauty of the earth. "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth His handy work." Often in the evening, out on the lanai, I contemplate the number and brilliance of the millions of stars overhead, noticing ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter Eight, Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:54- 97K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter II, Karmic Law
- ... Eventually, this will be the universal relationship on earth, and the law of an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, the karmic law of punishment, will not be operative in our experience. The thoughts to which we give expression as human beings come back upon us because that is the nature of the karmic law of as ye sow, so shall ye reap, but God is not to blame for that. We have set in motion the karmic law, and that is what is returning to us. All of us by the very nature of having been born have been guilty of offenses of omission or commission and have therefore brought ourselves under the operation of karmic law. Naturally, then, the question arises: Can this karmic law be broken? Can it be ended? And the answer is, Yes. We can stop the operation of karmic law at any moment in our life when we recognize that we have set this law in motion by our own thoughts and deeds or by the acceptance of racial or religious or national consciousness, and then begin renouncing it. The way to break the karmic law is through repentance and by living constantly in an atmosphere of love and forgiveness. Then we are no longer human or mortal because we no longer harbor thoughts and deeds of mortality. From then on the only karma that comes into our experience is racial or national, and this, too, we must disavow in our own consciousness. If there were a war tomorrow and if we should be called to service, we must answer that call. We "render . . . unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's"-we must fulfill our obligations as citizens because if we do not do our part, we are only removing ourselves from that temporary trouble by compelling someone else to serve in our place and putting someone else in the position where we should be. This is far worse than ourselves accepting the call to service because at least in answering that call we can disavow the act and pray as earnestly for the enemy as for ourselves. We can pray for the freedom, safety, and security of the enemy and, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nce_ Chapter II, Karmic Law.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:36- 129K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 6, Pray Without Ceasing
- ~ 6 ~ PRAY WITHOUT CEASING EVERY HUMAN BEING is born under the law, not under Grace, but under the law of matter, the law of mind, the law of human happenstance, the law of accident, chance, and change. Parents do not know what kind of a child they may bring forth, and no one can guarantee that any newborn child will be perfect. No parents, regardless of how much love they give their child, can be certain that he will reach manhood or that he will be a person of morals and integrity. Why? Because in their hearts they believe that everything depends on chance, luck, circumstances, or conditions. Who knows when an accident will take place? Who knows when a bomb will be dropped, a call come to go to war; and death, accident, or insanity follow? Who knows? This is the story of humanhood and this is the story of the human race. Because of our spiritual sonship, however, we can make the transition from being under the law to being under the Christ. Life then is no longer lived under the law of matter or mind: life is then lived under the Christian rule of Grace. Can you understand what it would mean to go through life under a Grace that would feed, clothe, and house you, that would prevent illness and accidents, and if they occurred, immediately heal them? How would it be to go through life, knowing that you no longer needed to take thought for your life and that you were living under a Grace that could bring forth for you the heritage of heaven? Can you for a moment imagine living in the spiritual kingdom under My peace in which you would live "not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit"? 1 Can you conceive of life lived with a divine Presence going before you to make straight the way and to prepare mansions for you? That is the life the Master proclaimed and taught, and the life he promised to those who follow his teachings. Such a life is possible, but how can the transition be made? From the very beginning of modern metaphysics, over a hundred years ago, there have ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 6, Pray Without Ceasing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:25- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: I Am the Vine
- GOD IS LOVE. What, then, could you or I do to change the nature of God? Could your own child do anything that would change YOUR love for him? No, of course not, and if, from the human standpoint, we are able to give love to our children often when they do not deserve it, HOW MUCH MORE LOVE is pouring forth from our Heavenly Father! Can you accept the fact that GOD IS LOVE, not God is Love if you behave in a certain way, or not just when you are worthy and deserving? Can you accept the fact that GOD IS LOVE, and that God's rain falls on the just and the unjust alike? Did the Master, Christ Jesus, withhold good or healing because somebody was a sinner? Did He at any time ask the multitudes if they were good or if they squandered their money or saved it? In raising the dead did He ask if that person had been moral or immoral, honest or dishonest? Or did He, in beholding what the world calls death, destroy all belief in it by raising the individual to life? We all know the answer to that. At no time in His ministry did Jesus withhold healing, supply, forgiveness, restoration or reformation because of anyone's unworthiness or temporary sense of evil. The principle is this: since GOD IS LOVE, our good must be infinite without any ifs, ands, or buts, because God's Grace is not dependent upon something that you or I do or do not do. The Grace of God cannot be withheld. We can turn on or off the electricity and we can turn on or off the water, but we cannot start or stop the flow of God. GOD IS, AND GOD IS LOVE in Its completeness and fullness. Let us now consider GOD IS LIFE. This does not mean that God is life at the age of six years or at sixteen. GOD IS LIFE. Then why is this not so at sixty, ninety, and a hundred and twenty? The reason is that the words I, me, and you enter the picture, and we say MY life or YOUR life, and immediately we think of the date on a birth certificate. If God is Life, of what consequence is the date on a birth certificate? God is the ONLY life ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...el Goldsmith_ I Am the Vine.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:13- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Living The Infinite Way: Chapter Six, I Am the Vine
- What, then, could you or I do to change the nature of God? Could our own child do anything that would change our love for him? No, of course not, and if, from the human standpoint, we are able to give love to our children often when they do not deserve it, how much more love is pouring forth from our heavenly Father! Can we accept the fact that God is love, not God is love if we behave in a certain way, or not just when we are worthy and deserving? Can we accept the fact that God is love, and that God's rain falls on the just and the unjust alike? Did the Master, Christ Jesus, withhold good or healing because somebody was a sinner? Did he at any time ask the multitudes if they were good or if they squandered their money or saved it? In raising the dead did he ask if that person had been moral or immoral, honest or dishonest? Or did he, in beholding what the world calls death, destroy all belief in it by raising the individual to life? We all know the answer to that. At no time in his ministry did Jesus withhold healing, supply, forgiveness, restoration, or reformation because of anyone's unworthiness or temporary sense of evil. The principle is this: Since God is love, our good must be infinite without any ifs, ands, or buts, because God's grace is not dependent upon something that you or I do or do not do. The grace of God cannot be withheld. We can turn the electricity on or off and we can turn the water on or off, but we cannot start or stop the flow of God. God is, and God is love in Its completeness and fullness. Let us now consider the principle: God is life. This does not mean that God is life at the age of six years or at sixteen. God is life. Then why is this not so at sixty, ninety, or a hundred and twenty? The reason is that the words "I," "me," and "you" enter the picture, and we say my life or your life, and immediately we think of the date on a birth certificate. If God is life, of what consequence is the date on a birth certificate? God is the only ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter Six, I Am the Vine.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:56- 114K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 11, When Peace Descends
- XI when peace descends T HE WORLD THAT GOD made in six days is the world that we are making with our labors. We are creating our new world every day with our mental and spiritual labors. We are creating a whole new world for ourselves, a whole new consciousness, and one day we will realize that we have reached it. Our labors have not been in vain. The Christ is risen; we have entered. "My people must enter a period of rest, a Sabbath," 1 in which life is by grace, "not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit." 2 And never forget this: It is a real experience, living by the power of God. It is not a biblical phrase. It is a real experience, living by the Spirit of God, living by grace, living in the Sabbath, where you no longer "take thought for your life, what you shall eat or what you shall drink or wherewithal ye shall be clothed," 3 but My spirit goeth before you. The movement, the transition from law to grace, is done by you, within your consciousness, at a specific moment. It could be a moment like this one, in which you decide that the time has come to stop living by chance, by averages, by insurance statistics. In other words, the time has come to stop being a statistic, and to move out from among them. Come out and be separate and live under grace. It can only happen in one way. "If so be the Spirit of God be in you, then are you the children of God." 4 Until that time, you are a mortal; you are a human being; you are subject to age, change, limitation, war, peace, depression, boom, health, sickness, life and death, chance, luck, and horoscopes. But when you make the transition filled with the Spirit of God, "then are you children of God, and if children, heirs, and if heirs, joint-heirs with Christ in God to all of the spiritual kingdom." 5 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." 6 What a strange statement this is to come from a consciousness such as that of the Master! Somehow or other, we visualize Jesus, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...vernment of Eden_Chapter 11.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:07- 62K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 10, God Dominion: Not Man's Domination
- ... God proves to be a God of love by the ministry It sent forth through Christ Jesus. "I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me." 9 The will of the Father that Jesus sets forth is: "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give" 10 -not murder people, not call them home with disease and accidents, not inflict punishment such as being stoned to death, or the age-old law of an-eye-for-an- eye-and-a-tooth-for-a-tooth. The God, Jesus taught is love, but this God evidences that love through healing, through forgiving, even unto seventy times seven, those who are instruments for evil in any and every form. To every one of them the message is: Come unto Me; drop your burdens at My feet; let Me take upon Myself your burdens. Drop these burdens at My feet, for I am love, I am forgiveness, I am the bread, and the meat, and the wine, and the water. I am the resurrection. Our Sowing Determines ... I could forgive the woman taken in adultery; I could forgive the thief on the cross; I could forgive the boy born blind; I could forgive his adulterous parents; so I can forgive you. I in the midst of you can forgive you, because I am here in the midst of you that you might have life, and that you might have it more abundantly. Only obey My commandments: forgive those who persecute you; forgive those who wrong you; forgive them seventy times seven, even as I forgive you. Does not the Lord's prayer show us how to pray? "Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors." 16 We live the law of forgiveness as we want the law of forgiveness to operate for us. We live the law of love as we want the law of love to operate for us. Above all, let us recognize that I, God, is in the midst of us, and I am here that we might have life, and that we might have it more abundantly. I am here to feed you when you are hungry; I am here to heal you if you are sick, and to forgive you if you are in sin. I am here to lead ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...inion_ Not Man's Domination.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:24- 126K
Find Similar Documents