Consciousness Transformed: September 7, 1963, Our Goal: That Mind Which Was Also In Jesus Christ
- OUR GOAL: THAT MIND WHICH WAS ALSO IN CHRIST JESUS September 7, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD AFTERNOON. The papers we have done since August 16 are definitely of a different nature, and I am asking our teachers and practitioners to give class sessions on them to their students and patients. The nature of these papers would make it necessary for any of us to study them seriously in order to assimilate them. However, for those who are not teachers or practitioners, be assured that additional lessons on them would be very valuable in order to grasp the nature of these papers. Whenever I read the one of August 24, I cannot really believe it myself, and I read it two or three or four times a day. As a matter of fact I find it difficult to send out a copy without reading it again. I am sure that, if the message in the paper of August 24 could really be conveyed, our students would be home. Then, of course, there are those of August 31 and September 2. They are really beautiful, and I would not like to see them treated as if they were just papers, because it would deprive the students of the depth of consciousness that is revealed in them. Of course, there are the two new series of tapes which represent the fruitage of this year at home, which will undoubtedly be the study material for all of our students for a long time to come. At the present moment I believe we are going to discontinue our Saturday and Sunday sessions on the last Saturday or Sunday of this month. If we do not do this, neither the papers or the tapes are going to be properly assimilated because I believe that the fruitage of our year's work here for 1963 is propelling us into something that has not yet fully revealed itself. Not only has the telephone not stopped ringing, but the mail is increasing faster than we can have it typed. Therefore, I think we should be able to get away somewhere early in October to be beholders and see what it is that God has in store. Since these messages really point to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ch Was Also In Jesus Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:20- 108K
Find Similar Documents
God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 11, Infinite Uncircumscribed Being
- Chapter Eleven Infinite Uncircumscribed Being Most persons, regardless of their religious background, have the idea that God's grace, God's blessing, or the givingness of God is dependent on some thing. Often it has been taught that the receiving of God's benefits is dependent on our obedience to the Ten Commandments or to church rules, regular attendance in church, taking communion, fasting, sacrificing, tithing, being grateful, or having faith. Releasing God An important part of our work is releasing God in the sense of realizing that we do not need God for anything except for God to be God, which God always is. We stop looking to God to do something for us now or in the future, since whatever God does, God has been doing from everlasting to everlasting. God never changes. God never inaugurates something now; He could not heal us now; He could not heal us tomorrow. We come to this awareness through the progressive unfoldment of Infinite Way principles. First, must come the realization that God is not a withholding God; therefore, if God is not a withholding God, God cannot be a giving God, because giving something now would imply having withheld it up to now. In God there is no such thing as giving or withholding: there is only God being God. But God is being God eternally; God has been God eternally. Our function is not to reach out to God as if we wanted something of God, but rather to tune in to God as if we had been disconnected, and as if we are now reconnecting ourselves with God. Then, another step to help us gain this awareness is to see that God is responsible for the rising and the setting of the sun, and that these are not dependent on anything that man does or does not do. God is responsible for the laws of nature, which are constantly in operation, whether or not man does anything to deserve or be worthy of them. What God is, God is, regardless of man. God's rain falls "on the just and the unjust,"1 and there is no such thing as God's blessings being ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...inite Uncircumscribed Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:33- 118K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 7, The Last Enemy
- ~ 7 ~ THE LAST ENEMY Everyone is interested in the subject of immortality-immortality here and now, in this body, not merely an immortality to be attained after death. It is in this very body that immortality must be experienced-this very body which we are now using as our instrument. We shall not lose our body, but we will lose our false sense of body and come into the realization of the true nature of body. By losing the sense of disease, accident, and old age, and coming into a higher realization of perfect body, there is no loss of body: There is just the loss of a false sense of body and the realization of the true nature of body. In the same way, experiencing immortality here and now involves no loss of body, but only the loss of a false sense of body. In our daily meditation, let us realize immortality here and now-the immortality of this body and this universe-in order that we may lose the false sense the world entertains of the body and of the universe. "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death." 1 That may seem very discouraging to many people. Of this we can be sure, however, whether or not it is the last enemy to be overcome, it will never be overcome until we begin the overcoming, until we begin to do something about it. Just going on from one year to another, aimlessly saying, "Oh, well, death will be the last thing to be overcome," is not going to postpone it. If we want to postpone death and finally overcome it, we must begin now. What is death? Death appears to be a momentary cessation of consciousness. But consciousness cannot be or remain unconscious. In fact, consciousness can never become totally unconscious. What we call death is but an apparent lapse into deep unconsciousness, from which we become conscious again, usually upon the same level as that upon which we fell asleep. Body Expresses the Activity of Consciousness The first step in beginning the overcoming of death is the realization that the body does not have any intelligence ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 7, The Last Enemy.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 104K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Five, Spiritual Attainment Through Prayer
- CHAPTER FIVE SPIRITUAL ATTAINMENT THROUGH PRAYER Spiritual healing can be accomplished in several ways: It may come about through those who possess a healing consciousness, are fully aware of this gift which has been bestowed upon them through the grace of God, and use it to bless mankind; it may be experienced by some person who has no knowledge whatsoever of spiritual things, but who may have unknowingly brought himself within the healing orbit of God's grace; or it may be that a conscious knowing of the correct letter of truth, that is, the principles of truth, eventually leads to the development of that spiritual consciousness necessary for healing. Since most healing is brought about through treatment, that is, through first knowing the correct letter of truth, every metaphysical student, regardless of which approach he chooses or elects to follow, should be able to give an intelligent treatment. This, however, has nothing to do with making affirmations and denials or uttering metaphysical clichés because such procedures are far removed from the giving of intelligent and loving treatments. All metaphysical teachings have as their goal the bringing of spiritual living into the experience of their students, and giving them some understanding of the nature of treatment, so that, through the practice of treatment, spiritual consciousness may be developed. The spiritual consciousness which is so essential to the healing work cannot be achieved through blind faith, however, nor merely by making metaphysical statements, even if, and though, the statements are true. Behind every statement of truth uttered and behind every treatment given, there must be understanding. THE PRINCIPLE OF ONE POWER No one can give a spiritual healing treatment intelligently unless, first, he anchors himself in the realization that since God is all power, there is no power that is required to do anything to anything, for anything, or for anybody, for any reason. We do not even need ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...l Attainment Through Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:59- 110K
Find Similar Documents
Practicing the Presence: Chapter VII, Meditation
- CHAPTER VII MEDITATION To him that hath shall be given . . . love the Lord thy God with all thy heart . . . love thy neighbor as thyself . . . I and my Father are one": These are important principles for any aspirant on the spiritual path. But how are these principles to be realized? It is one thing to state what is, but it is another thing to achieve it or accomplish it. Granted that there is this Father within of whom Jesus spoke, this Christ through which we can do all things, how then do we individually achieve the experience of the Christ, that is, how do we bring that divine Presence into our affairs? That is the important point. In The Infinite Way, the age-old theme of meditation and inner communion is emphasized, the practice of which enables a person to come out and be separate -whether he is sitting reverently in a church, whether he has retired to some quiet corner of his own home, or whether he is basking in the sunshine of a garden -and, forgetting the things of this world, to turn within and make contact with his inner forces, with that which we call God, the Father within, the Christ. The experience of the Christ is a present possibility; the way to that experience is through meditation. Far too many aspirants to the spiritual way of life know the letter of truth and are satisfied to stop there. "I and my Father are one" is the correct letter of truth. Does repeating these words or does an intellectual knowledge of them help us in any way? How often do we say: "I am God's perfect child; I am spiritual; I am divine"; and then find that we are just as poor as we were before, or in just as much trouble. These are only statements. It is similar to sitting in a dark room and saying over and over again, "Electricity gives light." That is a correct statement, but we shall still be sitting in the dark until, by turning on the switch, a connection is made with the source of electricity. So nothing is going to happen to us, regardless of how many affirmations ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ce_ Chapter VII, Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:02- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 10, It Shall Not Come Nigh Thee
- 10) "It Shall Not Come Nigh Thee" If you have studied the preceding chapters carefully, you should be beginning to understand that the universal belief of good and evil operates hypnotically upon every person in the world. Every phase of discord that comes into any person's experience is a mesmeric influence from which he has not learned to protect himself. What with automobile collisions, sudden storms, and even coconuts falling from the trees, a person who leaves his home in the morning has no positive assurance that he will return safely at night. Every morning of the week, safety engineers forecast approximately how many accidental deaths will occur that day. They cannot tell who will be the victims, but those casualties could be you or me or anyone else. Man has become a statistic. But no one wants to be a statistic. No one wants to fall victim to an accident. How, then, can such mishaps and catastrophes be avoided? Is there a way? Yes, there most certainly is, if those who have been taught the principles of one power, impersonalization, and "nothingization" can break through their mental inertia in the morning to the extent of consciously realizing: There is but one Power operating in this universe. It is not a power of accident, death, disease, or sin. This Power is the same Power that causes the sun to rise and to set at its appointed time, and the tides to ebb and flow. The Power that is operating in this universe is the same Power that is operating in my consciousness, and It operates as the law unto my experience. There is no power in any mesmeric suggestion of accident. There is no power in any belief of infection or contagion. There is no power in the carnal mind, in any of its forms, or in any of its beliefs, individual or collective. "A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee." 1 To whom does that refer? To whom but the person who dwells "in the secret place of the most High" 2 -not one who ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...It Shall Not Come Nigh Thee.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:05- 143K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Universality of Truth
- UNIVERSALITY OF TRUTH "Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it." A BIBLE TEXT is that on which we build our state of consciousness. We do not take Bible quotations and expect by much repetition for them to do something for us. We understand that every statement in the Bible that can be construed as a law must be embodied in and become a part of our consciousness in order that we may externalize the thought or idea in that text. "Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it." We understand that the "Lord" in this case is our own Consciousness. Our Consciousness is the law, is the constructor of our universe. Our Consciousness is the substance, the force, the fabric of which our entire experience is built, therefore, whatever we take into our consciousness and make a part of our consciousness, becomes externalized in some form of human experience. We sometimes wonder why this year we are no better off than we were last year. It may be that last year we had some lack of wealth, health, morals, position, companionship, and this year that same condition exists. We need go no further than to realize that we have added nothing to our consciousness of Truth than was there before, and therefore nothing could happen to the external. We learn that the external existence is the reflection of our internal awareness. These statements in the Bible, which really are laws, must become a very part of our being. They must be realized, not merely declared or stated; they must become the very fabric of our being, then we can experience the outward result. What is this Consciousness that becomes a God, or law, unto our experience? We have been tracing this truth through what we know as Scripture to arrive at that which we know as universal Truth. "Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God:" "I can of mine own self do nothing." "The words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ture_ Universality of Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:20- 95K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 3, The Peace-Be-Still of Spiritual Authority
- Chapter Three The Peace-Be-Still of Spiritual Authority The first step in our spiritual development and progress included both a physical and mental discipline. That discipline involved remembering God, refraining from stealing, envy, jealousy, and not committing adultery or murder. It was accompanied by the restraints of the thou-shalt-not's-or-God-will-do-something- to-you. In these early days of developing and living by a moral code, people were not capable of disciplining themselves, so there had to be a hierarchy of priests to make certain that the laws were obeyed. The Body and the Mind Must Be Disciplined As generation after generation came under the discipline of the law, eventually more and more persons learned to discipline themselves, no longer requiring an overseeing power to keep them in line. Through this discipline their natures were changed and their desires brought under control. Gradually a better state of humanhood evolved, which is what always happens when the undisciplined come under discipline. Not only do they learn how to behave, but their very nature changes, and they lose the desire and the propensity for undisciplined conduct or thoughts. In the earliest stage of our existence we are disciplined as to our physical acts, and then later our mental activity also comes under discipline. When Jesus was teaching the principles of spiritual living, he said that it was not enough not to commit the act of adultery, but even thinking about it had to be controlled, because there was just as much evil in the desire or thought as there was in the act: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. Matthew 5:28 Jesus indicated that first there must be the discipline of rising above the indulgence in an act. Next must come the discipline of the mind, so that it would be incapable of thinking undisciplined thoughts. "He that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...till of Spiritual Authority.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:35- 123K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 3, Treatment - Knowing the Truth
- ~ 3 ~ TREATMENT: KNOWING THE TRUTH Good evening. The other evening we started by saying that as a human being you are a pendulum. You are acted upon, and whichever way thoughts fly in the air they move you. If there is pessimism or fear or danger in the air, you feel downhearted, discouraged, blue and fearful. If optimism, boom and prosperity are in the air, you feel inflated. If there is infection and contagion in the air, the first thing you know, you have flu or grippe. These things ought not to be because you were given dominion over everything between the sky and the bottom of the ocean-you were given dominion by the grace of God. But instead of exercising dominion, you wake up in the morning, get dressed, have breakfast, and run off to work leaving your minds a perfect blank for anybody to operate on or in, for anything to influence by whichever way the wind blows. This is why the human world experiences the things it does. You know it has been demonstrated that those who are willing to take the driver's seat in their minds and govern their own thinking, who decide what they wish to think and for how long a time they wish to think it, those people have some dominion over their own lives. We have been taught how to do that. I'm going to give you a concrete illustration of how the power of thought acting on us influences us. There is a minister who recently wrote a book on the effect of prayer on plants. He wrote this book after several years of conducting experiments that others had also tried through the years, and the results of his experiments and those of the others are always the same. He discovered this: If you take a plant, place it on a table, and have one, two, or three people sit in front of it and address it with what you might call prayer or treatment, in a few days the plant will grow at least four inches beyond the normal growth of that species. They love the plant, tell the plant that God created it, that it is a child of God, that it is fed and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...eatment - Knowing the Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:49- 125K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: April 19, 1964, Experience God
- EXPERIENCE GOD April 19, 1964 Between Two Worlds Honolulu, Hawaii WE ARE GOING to continue the subject "Between Two Worlds" and so, in your meditation, let thought go into that period between two worlds and see what kind of an unfoldment you can be aware of. The secret of the two worlds is buried within your own consciousness and, regardless of how much I may tell you about it, you still will not know it until you have received confirmation, instruction, or inspiration on it from within your Self. Please remember this: This Infinite Way message is unique in that it does not teach you to rely on the teaching, the books, or the revelator. The Infinite Way has a teacher and books and teachings only for the purpose of leading you back to the kingdom of God within your Self, so that you may be taught of God. Always remember that the world has lost truth because the followers of religious teachings have begun to let the Buddha or Jesus Christ or Paul carry on for them. Even in modern teachings there has been the acknowledgment that Mrs. Eddy and Mrs. Fillmore and Ernest Holmes were God- inspired, and then their followers took the attitude of sitting at the feet of the Master. To be instructed is right and as it should be, but you must not plan to spend your life there. The major problem in my personal life is that of trying to avoid any relationship between my students and myself or the students of our teachers, whereby the individual begins to believe that we are God-inspired and so "let us sit and partake of his or her light." That is good up to a certain point, but remember that we in The Infinite Way are not trying to develop a following, nor are we trying to develop fame or fortune. I at least, and some of the teachers who have learned from me, are trying (sometimes even against the pressure of students) to bring to you the awareness that you have just as much access to the kingdom of God as we have. If you want to heal, you can do as much as any of us have done. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...il 19, 1964, Experience God.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:06- 98K
Find Similar Documents