Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 3, The Sword of the Spirit
- Chapter Three The Sword of the Spirit Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. Matthew 10:34 What a strange statement this is to come from a consciousness such as that of the Master! Somehow or other we visualize Jesus the Christ as sitting on cloud nine all the time, in peace, harmony, joy, and completeness, with no rainy days in between. Yet he says, "I came not to send peace, but a sword." A person may interpret this in any way he wishes, but I speak to you about it from the standpoint of what I have witnessed in my thirty-odd years in this work, and from my observation the reason the Christ seems to bring a sword is that our purpose in life and the Christ's purpose in life are two entirely different things. In What Is Our Trust? We think in terms of economic or physical good; we think of peace, security, health, abundance, and happiness, but entirely in human terms, always involving the acquisition of some material form of good to bring us that peace, harmony, wholeness, and completeness. Even nationally and internationally, we depend on a bomb for peace, a frightening concept of the condition required for peace, nevertheless a fact in this age. In the past we have depended on armaments to establish and maintain peace for our nation, and individually we have depended on sums of money or a measure of physical well-being. In our lifetime, however, we have witnessed the failure of all of these to give us peace, security, or happiness. The Master, on the other hand, came to reveal a kingdom not of this world. 1 He came to reveal a peace also not of this world. His recipe for security was that we should not live by bread alone. Instead he gave us something to live by that to the ordinary human being seems almost impossible: the word of God. It seems strange to meet the threat of a bomb with the word of God, to meet the threat of disaster, famine, or disease with the word of God, and yet this is the Christ- ministry. We ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 3, The Sword of the Spirit.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:52- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 11, Access to the Kingdom of God
- ... Without any speaking, without any whispering, just by silently thinking, open consciousness. Because of the revelation of Jesus, this part is not difficult. You have his authority to back you up. It is the next part that presents difficulties, however, and with which you probably will have to contend within yourself until you reach the consciousness of it. That part has to do with the word is. It is a very angelic word, but for a long while you are going to call it a devil, because you will have difficulty with it. What does it mean? One thing it means is that God cannot do anything for you because God is already doing it, so there is nothing that God could begin today or tomorrow. It also means that you cannot bring God into the situation because God is already there where the situation appears to be. It means that you cannot attain harmony because the harmony of God is. The thing that occupies the mind and that you are expecting of God after your prayer or meditation already is. You cannot seek anything of God: you cannot seek forgiveness; you cannot seek supply; you cannot seek healing because of is. God is and God is from everlasting to everlasting. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. God will be with you unto the end of the world. All is embodied in the word is. Then why are we going to God? Just for God's impartation of Himself, for the recognition of is, the recognition of as, letting the impartation come which, when it comes, never says, "I will do something for you." It says, "I am with you. I always have been with you; I always will be with you." There is no such thing as the past; there is no such things as the future: all is is. What about the particular sin, disease, death, lack, or limitation that confronts you? It confronts you only as an appearance or ignorance of is. In your realization of is, the picture begins to fade; the illusory appearance dies out. The law of God is functioning; the life of God is being. The law of God and the life ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ccess to the Kingdom of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:11- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 5, God, the Substance of Universal Being
- Chapter Five God, the Substance of Universal Being Jesus' statement, "I and my Father are one," 1 must be ingrained in your hearts and minds as one truth never to be forgotten. Otherwise, you will have a God separate and apart from your own being, and you will be attempting to contact It, trying to be worthy of It, or praying to It. In the Infinite Way you begin your real unfoldment when you can understand not only that God is life, but that God is your individual life. Unless you understand that, you will always be meditating to get health, whereas the life which is God needs no healing. The life which is God can never age or change. One Individual Mind and Consciousness All the error, all the mistakes, all your ills come from the ancient belief that there is God and man, that there is God, eternal life, and your life. The only reason a person has mental upsets or a nervous disease is because of the universal belief that God is mind but that man has a mind separate and apart from God. The mind of God is indivisible and is a facet or instrument of the God- consciousness you are. Understanding that, your mind and mine would continuously show forth the glory of infinite intelligence. If you accept the universal, world belief that there is a God somewhere to be reached, to be prayed to, or to become at-one with, you lose your demonstration. I and the Father are one. I and the Father have been one "since before Abraham was."2 I and the Father will be one until eternity. I and the Father are one, now, always, and throughout all time. Whatever there is of treatment or prayer in our work is the realization of the truth of that I Am-ness. To forget that would be to lose the entire sense of spiritual demonstration because it would leave you in a state of having to achieve that oneness or attain it; whereas it is already the truth. Your World, an Expression of Your State of Consciousness God is the substance of which this universe is formed, but when you understand that God ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ubstance of Universal Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:12- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 12, Truth Takes Over Your Life
- ... Let Thy love flow through me that I may be wise, loving, benevolent, just. This is somewhat like Solomon's prayer when he took over his high office, that he be given God's wisdom. As you surrender yourself to God's government, to the reign of God, to the spiritual center of man that man may be spiritually-inspired and God-endowed, you are in some measure dealing more wisely, kindly, lovingly, benevolently, and more justly with your neighbor-and more forgivingly with your enemy. And if I wish to be God-governed, I must be still. I must be still and let God's government take over. Yes, there are certain things I must do to prepare myself for God's government. I've learned this from the Master: not to expect God's government if I'm holding somebody in desire for revenge. If I'm holding somebody in hate, there's no way for God to break through my consciousness. The reason is- this comes to you at this stage of unfoldment-that God is love. But God is not a love out here that comes to me. God is a love that I let flow out from me. But since love means forgiveness, benevolence, cooperation, mutuality, sharing, giving, there is no love in me unless those qualities are being expressed. Therefore, to fit myself for God's government, which means the government of love, I must make myself an instrument through which love can flow. And so, step by step, we are strengthened until the day comes when we realize that now we can rest at will in God and let that Spirit that flows through us, that Robe that envelops us, be the prayer, the benediction, and the healing to our community and to the world. We become the light of the world as we bring ourselves to a state of consciousness in which we do not battle the errors of the world, but in which we become completely still and let the Spirit of God nullify and dissolve the pictures of sense. No longer will we struggle with error, but rest, relax, and bear witness to God functioning on earth as in heaven. Above all, we will never forget ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...vernment of Eden_Chapter 12.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:07- 64K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Prayer
- PRAYER "YE ASK, and receive not, because ye ask amiss," says the Apostle James. Have you ever thought of this when you have prayed for some time, and then found no answer to your prayer? "Ye ask amiss." There is the reason. Prayer, when based on the belief that there is a need unfilled or a desire unsatisfied, is never in accord with true scientific prayer. A prayer for God to do something, send something, provide, or heal is equally without power. It is sometimes believed that God requires a channel through which to fulfill our prayer, and this leads us to look outside ourselves for the answer. We may believe that supply can come to us; and, therefore, we watch for the person or position through which it is to come; or we may be depending on a healer or teacher as the channel through which the healing is to come. "Ye ask amiss." Any belief that that which we are seeking is anywhere but within us, within our very own consciousness, is the barrier separating us in belief from our harmony. True prayer is never addressed to a Being outside ourselves, nor does true prayer expect anything from outside our own being. "The kingdom of God is within you," and all good must be sought there. Recognizing God to be the reality of our being, we know that all good is inherent in that Being, your being and mine. God is the substance of our being; and, therefore, we are eternal and harmonious. God is life, and this Life is self-sustained. He is our Soul, and we are pure and immortal. God is the consciousness of the individual, and this constitutes the intelligence of our being. Rightly speaking, there is not God and you, but God is ever manifest as you, and this is the oneness which assures you of infinite good. God is the life, mind, body, and substance of individual being; therefore, nothing can be added to any individual, and true prayer is the constant recognition of this truth. Conscious awareness of our true being - of the infinite nature and character of our only being - ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...es/The Infinite Way_ Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:14- 93K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Individual Consciousness as Law
- Individual Consciousness as Law Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth. JEREMIAH 9:23, 24 This statement from Jeremiah can be carried out in practical experience. We are not to glory in the world of effect, whether that effect appears as person, place, circumstance, condition, or thing, because the substance, the reality, does not lie in any effect. The power and the glory, the substance and the reality, the cause and the law lie in the Spirit which produces all that appears to us as form, circumstance, or condition. We can enjoy and use the things of this world, but our faith and confidence must not be centered in the world or in the things of the world. Our faith and confidence must be in the Spirit which produces, forms, and animates all that exists. No Power Acts upon Us The Infinite Way teaches that man is consciousness and that that very consciousness is the cause of body, business, and home. Many people believe that a discordant body, business, or home is due to a power outside of themselves, acting upon them. As long as we accept the belief that there is a power outside of us, just that long will we be seeking to get in touch with a good power to do something for us. If the belief is accepted that a law of time is acting upon our bodies and mentalities, our experience will be on that level. There is no power operating in our experience separate from our own consciousness, but as long as we believe that there is such a power and as long as we are trying to get in touch with it, we shall never contact it. The world has been praying to God for things. It is no more sensible to pray to God for things than it is to pray to the principle of electricity to light your house. Rejoice not ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...vidual Consciousness as Law.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:19- 120K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter IV, Who Told You?
- CHAPTER IV WHO TOLD YOU? The world can never rise above the idea of using one power over another and into the realm of no power until the mystery of Genesis is solved. In this first book of the Bible, are found two completely contradictory and conflicting records of creation: The first chapter is obviously the work of a mystic who had achieved complete union with God and who saw that this entire universe is Consciousness appearing as form; whereas subsequent chapters contain an account of the creation of mind. The first record of creation is a revelation of the activity of Consciousness in all its purity and eternality. It recounts the unfolding of a spiritual universe where there is light before there is a sun or a moon, where the crops are in the ground before the seeds are planted, and where there is man before there is woman. That which is formed of Consciousness is never born: It is merely an emanation of Consciousness, which not only has no beginning but has no ending because as long as there is Consciousness, there is Consciousness formed. When Consciousness appears as form, it can appear as a seed or as a completely developed tree without ever having gone through any process of growth. Consciousness, or Soul, which we call God, reveals and expresses Itself as a spiritual universe in which there is no conception and no birth. In other words, creation is the immaculate conception of God revealing Itself as individual identity, an identity expressing as human, animal, vegetable, and mineral forms; so that in reality, God, Consciousness, is the very essence and substance of the earth -even of what appears as stones, rocks, sand, and soil-just as that same Consciousness is the substance of our true identity. In Genesis, we learn that God created Adam and Eve and placed them in the Garden of Eden in the midst of perfection and harmony, surrounded only by goodness, love, and beauty. Joy and harmony reigned there until into that Eden came something that destroyed it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter IV, Who Told You_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:37- 103K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 18, God, Omnipresent and the Only Power
- ~ 18 ~ GOD, OMNIPRESENT AND THE ONLY POWER MOST PEOPLE COME TO A STUDY OF TRUTH seeking release from the cares and the ills of the world, and for a while it is a very satisfying experience to know that all manner of problems can be met through spiritual power by means of prayer. To receive healings, especially if materia medica has declared the disease to be serious or fatal, is a never-to-be-forgotten experience by those who have had them. I know what this means because, after the First World War, I was told that I had less than three months to live. There was no known cure for my trouble and there was nothing that materia medica could do to save me. As a matter of fact, in all the years that have passed since then no cure has been found for that particular disease. Nevertheless, in spite of this verdict, in three months I was so completely healed that there has never been a sign or trace of the trouble in all the years since 1921. I have had many other healings through the Spirit and I have witnessed thousands of healings-true, many of them minor claims, but also some very major ones according to materia medica. Undoubtedly, many of you have had similar experiences with disease or with sin. It was in 1928 as I was sitting with a practitioner that all my smoking, drinking and card-playing habits disappeared. These were not great vices, but nevertheless they were errors according to the spiritual way of living, yet they all disappeared in that one two-hour experience, never to return. Not only did a healing of smoking, drinking, card playing and a few other minor human errors take place, but illumination came-a lifting of consciousness above what we might call the earth plane, and never in all the years that have gone by since that time have I completely come down to earth again. This does not mean that there have not been many problems during that time-many. But I have learned that all of them were a part of my own development. As the years unfolded, there came a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ipresent and the Only Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:46- 129K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Supply
- Supply PART I THE SECRET OF SUPPLY is to be found in Luke12:22-32. "And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. "The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. "Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? "And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? "If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest? "Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. "If then God so clothe the grass, which is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith? "And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. "For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. "But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. "Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." The question now arises: how is it possible to "take no thought" for money when pressing obligations must be met? How can we trust God when year in and year out these financial problems confront us, and usually through no fault of our own? We have seen in these passages from Luke that the way to solve our difficulties is to take no thought for supply, whether of money, food, clothing or any other form. And the reason that we need have no anxiety about these things is that "it is your Father's good pleasure to GIVE you the kingdom" because He "knoweth that ye have need of these things." In order that we may enter wholly into the Spirit of Confidence in this inspired message of Scripture, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s of Joel Goldsmith_ Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:14- 105K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 5, The Nature of Error
- ~ 5 ~ THE NATURE OF ERROR GOD IS ALL! Nevertheless we are faced every day and almost every hour of every day with error in some form. It is for that reason we come together to study metaphysics or spiritual truths. The object of our study is, of course, coming into oneness with that spiritual life, coming to that point where we are actually able to contact the mind that was in Christ Jesus and thereby have the infinite power, guidance and direction, love and protection of that universal mind and soul. It is natural for us to agree that one reason we would love that, is because it does eliminate the errors of human sense. Now, two things are necessary in that spiritual living. One is this contact, this ability to be one with the mind that was in Christ. The other, which is the letter of truth, is the ability to know our relationship to God and to understand the nature of error. In order to be free of discord, let us never forget that it is necessary for us to know the nature of error. Now, in our meditation we are going to be so consciously one with God that eventually error never comes near us, it fades away automatically even as we approach it. Until that time, let us not hesitate to talk about the nature of error and what we are to do about it as we see evidences of it. We know that error isn't a reality. That is the basis of our understanding. Everyone in this room, regardless of what school of metaphysics he comes through, has accepted, if only intellectually, the unreal nature of error. But in the working out of problems it becomes necessary to go as far as can be with this understanding of the unreal nature of error, so that we can meet it and dissolve it instantaneously. So, before we touch on meditation and the results of meditation, I am going to talk on the nature of error. To begin with, when error appears to us, it appears as a person or as a condition or as a place. In the same way, when good appears to us, it appears as a person, a place, a condition. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 5, The Nature of Error.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:19- 114K
Find Similar Documents