Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 11, Spiritual Vision Alone Reveals the I Am of Individual Being
- Chapter Eleven Spiritual Vision Alone Reveals the I Am of Individual Being God is the central theme of the message of the Infinite Way, but God is probably the most misunderstood word in all languages. Often in my travels, strangers ask, "What do you do? What is your business?" And I have to tell them I have no business, that I just write. "Oh, novels? Fiction?" Always I am in the same predicament. It is a strange thing to say, but eventually I have to tell those who ask that I write about God. Then comes the question, "What is the title of your book?" This leads me to explain that there are about twenty published books and twenty-five more coming. "All on God?" "Yes, I never change the subject." That in itself is strange, but what makes it even more strange is that very few persons know what I mean when I say God. I seem to mean something different from what most of them imagine. I am sure, from my experience, that most persons not only believe in God, but to some extent they actually believe they know what God is. That, too, seems rather strange because as a rule after a year or two of study students of the Infinite Way tell me they have never known what God is and just now they are beginning to realize how difficult it is to understand the true meaning of God. It really is difficult because regardless of what you may think about God you are bound to be wrong. You cannot be right, and you never will be right. There never will be a time when you will be correct in what you think about God. As long as you are thinking about God, you are entertaining concepts about God. Those concepts are based on your previous experience, childhood religion, or on what someone has thought, said, or written. Until a person has been a serious student of that subject for many years, God rarely becomes an actual experience. Meeting God face to face is the final word on the subject of what God is. Opening the Soul-Center The main function of a teacher in the activity of the Infinite Way ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he I Am of Individual Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:13- 129K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 5, Universal Hypnotism
- CHAPTER 5 Universal Hypnotism WE ARE not healers of the body. Our work does not change the body at all. Our work changes the consciousness of an individual. One of the great stumbling blocks is that most people have a definite idea of what it is they're seeking when they ask for help, and of course that may not fit at all in the spiritual picture. I have told of my struggle having five practitioners help me to increase my business. With each practitioner, my business got worse until I didn't have any. Now that surely looked like a lack of demonstration. However, you see, it was my perfect demonstration, because only when I had no money left did I go into this work. I suppose if my business had prospered, this work would have been delayed, or even prevented, in this lifetime. So it is that many people come to us for help, but they have a definite idea of what it is that they want. They have a definite idea of how harmony should appear in their experience, and sometimes even when. However, you see that really is not a part of our ministry. We do not aim at having instantaneous healings. They're wonderful when they take place, if they fulfill their spiritual mission; but that is not our object. Our object is the changing of consciousness-the changing of an individual's consciousness from a material sense of life to the spiritual awareness of life; from a material sense of religion to a spiritual sense of religion; from a material sense of supply to a spiritual sense of supply. You see, we are the ones, when the right help is given, who should be responding in accordance with God's will. However, we fight this by having in our mind how the demonstration should come out, and when, and to what extent, and so on. It is like parents who sometimes write to me for help. Their son is responding to the military draft. Will I help him pass and get into the draft? Another parent is desirous of having their son flunk the draft. Now you see, you can't pray to God both ways. A ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 5, Universal Hypnotism.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:21- 103K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 6, When We Are Tempted To Argue ...
- VI when we are tempted to argue or fight: "don't fight 5!" A S LONG AS there are persons fighting evil conditions, there will be evil conditions to fight because the mind that believes in two powers is still creating conditions of good and evil. Only when we withdraw power from them, when we cease fighting them, will these evil powers cease to be. The moment that you can be tempted to fight a person or a sin or a disease, you are engaged in a battle that, in the end, will destroy you. Why? Because in and of itself, it has no power, but you are giving it the power against yourself. We may be confronted with evidence of misunderstanding, hate, envy, jealousy, or malice. What difference does it make? It's an appearance. And right where the appearance would seem to be, God is. God is. God is. God is. God is all that we deal with. We do not deal with beliefs, with persons, or with conditions. We deal only with the word "God." In illustrating this, I have brought to your attention these beliefs which appear to us as appearances, which ordinarily we would seek to overcome through God, through treatment, and prayer. But don't make that mistake. Don't try to overcome material law, mental law, moral law, any law. Always recognize that you are dealing with one law. Anything else may be there as an appearance, just as 2 x 2 is 5 may pop up in your checkbook some month, but that doesn't mean you have to believe it. It isn't true, and you don't have to work against it. You have to merely recognize that 2 x 2 is 4, and the 5 goes of its own accord. Don't fight that 5! Don't try to overcome it. Don't set up mental warfare against it. Just recognize 4, and 5 will disappear of its own accord. As you recognize spiritual law as the only law, all other claims of law disappear. So it is that we in The Infinite Way have left behind the theological belief that there is a God-power that does things to error or evil, a God-power that fights the devil or fights sin or fights disease, and we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 6.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 103K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: February 1957, Major Principles of The Infinite Way
- ... You will always know a Christly man or woman because those who touch them on life's highway find life eternal, health, and wholeness, and receive spiritual blessings through their contact with these men and women. The Nature of Prayer To understand the nature of God in this way and to understand the Christ- mission must, of course, reveal to you the nature of prayer. Now, you can no longer pray for anything, but must confine your prayers to asking, seeking, and knocking for spiritual wisdom, spiritual guidance, spiritual bread, wine, and water. When you learn to turn to the Father for the revelation of God in your experience-for the actual demonstration of God in your experience-then, and only then, are you beginning to understand the nature of prayer. It is important while studying the nature of prayer to read the New Testament very carefully and to note that the Master makes it more important that we pray for our enemies than that we pray for our friends. There is a reason for this. You see, understanding and forgiveness are two of the major qualities of Christ- consciousness. For this reason, the Master taught that we are to forgive seventy times seven and that we must forgive our enemies, those who oppress us and those who hate us and despitefully use us. And so until we learn to pray for our enemies and to forgive them, we are really not praying in the sense of prayer as revealed by the great Master. As you read what I am saying to you about the nature of God, the nature of the Christ-mission, and the nature of prayer; it is almost certain that you are pausing at the end of every paragraph to read over again what is written and probably to weigh the meaning of what you have read. If so, you are beginning to meditate, to ponder, and to dwell on truth and in truth; you are obeying the Ninety-first Psalm: "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High," and to him, of course, come none of earth's tragedies. While you are thus pondering within yourself the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nciples of The Infinite Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:00- 155K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: January 1956, Withinness
- ... If you abide in the Word of God, and let this Word abide in you, you will be as a branch that is one with the Vine, that is one with the Godhead, and you will bear much fruit. As you continue to dwell "in the secret place of the most High," you will find that it is not a matter of God's doing something for you-it is a matter of maintaining conscious oneness with God, keeping your mind stayed on God, acknowledging God in all your ways, abiding in the Word and letting the Word abide in you. In actual practice, this means awakening each morning and veritably bringing the presence of God right into the room with you in the realization that "This is the day the Lord hath made." Instead of bringing to consciousness your problems, sins, and inharmonies, bring God into your awareness in the realization that God is with you throughout the day. You can face any problem or task in the realization that you do not face it alone, "For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me." God is your supply, forgiveness, life, love. Emmanuel-God with us-is that which enables you to be, to do, to prosper. Consciously realize that God's presence goes before you, and when going about your affairs consciously know that the Christ is greeting you through every individual encountered. Acknowledge Him in all thy ways and you will be obeying Paul's injunction to "pray without ceasing." In God you will have a friend, a big brother, the Father within; and you will come into the realization, as did Paul, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." As you persist in the practice of the Presence you are carried along by its beauty and harmony, and a day will dawn when "you" no longer exist. Then there will be no need to think about God-there will be only God, functioning as your individual being, thinking, being, knowing, living through you, and then it is literally true: ". . . I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...m_ January 1956, Withinness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:00- 131K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: September 1959, The Impersonalization of Good and Evil
- ... At the present stage of your unfoldment, this realization should come to you with the force and power of a recognized, definite principle for continuous moment-to-moment practice. The Christ Cannot Be Finitized There is a second part of this principle which is even more difficult to practice. Just as evil cannot be personalized, so good cannot be personalized. We now know that it is incorrect to say that anyone is a sinner, but it is equally incorrect to say that anyone is spiritual. Let us not make the futile attempt to pin Christhood to any person's humanhood or to any part of a person that is visible or tangible to sense. If there is any quality of good flowing through him, it is not his personal quality. It is a God-quality for which he is but the instrument. We have learned that any evil quality which flows through an individual is not of himself, but is really a universal mesmerism which he has not consciously rejected. Now we must realize that if love, charity, benevolence, forgiveness, kindness, and co-operativeness are flowing through us, we must be careful not to take the credit for these qualities, for they do not have their source in us. We are but the instrument through which, and as which, God appears, the instrument through which good appears. When we are called upon for help, we do not attempt to make a bad human being good, a poor human being rich, or a sinful person pure, but we turn immediately to the realization of the Christ. Note this point carefully: We do not try to add the Christ to a person, because the Christ cannot be finitized or personalized. The Christ is infinite, the son of God, which you are and which I am, but never can we finitize It or personalize It. Do not try to fasten your realization of the Christ onto a person, or direct It to a person, or send It out to a person, or believe that a person is It. This is a very difficult point, but one which is absolutely essential to the healing work: Do not pin any form of error onto your ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nalization of Good and Evil.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:13- 141K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 9, Harmony Through Oneness with God
- ... I am also interested in such teachings, and I have been carrying your ad around with me for a whole week, but only today did the urge come to me to answer it." The truth is that probably he had a higher sense of love than she had and was hoping or expecting to carry love to someone who was ready to express love, but not to someone who was just seeking ten dollars a week. This love which you and I are to express cannot be expressed only to one another, for even the scribes and the Pharisees showered love on their families and friends. No, the love that we are called upon to express must be given to our enemies, to those who despitefully use us as well as to those who come within the range of our friendship and our home. The essence of love is oneness with God, and oneness with God makes inevitable the conscious expression of the qualities of God. There is nothing mysterious or occult about this. It is something we can do right where we are-in a bus, an automobile, or on an airplane. As long as we are looking out on this world with love and forgiveness and with joy that all who open their consciousness to the presence of God will in some manner bring It forth, that is all that is necessary. Within us, there are greater capacities for joy than any of us have ever known in the external world. I myself have always been a voracious reader, but today I can find just as great a joy welling up within me as I can find outside in any book. Though I still enjoy good books, I find that if I am in a place where there are no books, all that could be found in books can be found in my individual consciousness. And so you would find it, too. Peace, joy, power! "My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you." 15 Money, home, automobiles, theaters, dances, and good food-that is the kind of peace that we get from the world. But My peace, the peace that I give which the world cannot give, is the peace we are seeking. That is the grace of God, and it is not outside of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ny Through Oneness with God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:44- 120K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 9, The Mystic & Healing
- ~ 9 ~ THE MYSTIC AND HEALING MANY persons wonder if attaining the awareness of God makes one an instrument for healing. There is no categorical answer to this question. Attainment of awareness may bring forth a healing consciousness, but it does not necessarily do so. If the awareness attained is deep enough, it can be a mystical experience, which means conscious union or a conscious at-onement with God; but even that does not always enable a person to do healing work. The healing consciousness is the consciousness that has the spiritual discernment to see through "this world" to "My kingdom." This discernment or ability to perceive Reality is not reserved for those who have had mystical illumination. It is possible for almost anyone who is willing to become a student of spiritual truth to attain a measure of spiritual discernment. There are those who achieve it in one day; there are those who achieve it in a few weeks or a few months; and there are others who work for years to achieve it. One deciding factor in the length of time it takes to develop this awareness is the desire for it. Spiritual discernment is not to be had for spare change or spare time. It requires a greater devotion than would be necessary in trying to learn a new language or to play a musical instrument. There must be the desire of the heart. Given that, and the willingness to study and practice, it will be only a short time before a person can achieve some measure of spiritual awareness and show it in actual work. THE DEARTH OF SPIRITUAL HEALING It should surprise everyone that more religious leaders are not doing spiritual healing work because there can be no question but that the vast majority of them are honest and sincere lovers of God, seekers of God who live their life close to God, at least as close to God as their understanding permits. That, in most cases, is in a great measure. If God, as God is usually understood, were a healer of disease, why in these hundreds of years since the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 9, The Mystic & Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:09- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 10, Temporal Power is Not Power
- CHAPTER 10 TEMPORAL POWER IS NOT POWER To the transcendental consciousness, temporal power (whether it is of a physical nature or of a mental nature) is not power. The only power is the realized consciousness of the One Power and recognizing the nonpower of all else. When Hezekiah's people came to him and said, "The armies of the enemy are upon us and they are greater in number than we are," he replied, "Be not afraid! They have only temporal power, the arm of flesh. We have the Lord, God." The Master could say to Pilate, the great temporal power of that time, "Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from the Father." Take unto yourself the task of understanding what these two passages mean. Could you, right now, turn your face toward a hostile country and in your honest, open heart say, "You have no power over me," or, "You have only temporal power, the arm of flesh"? Could you say that and actually feel completely and perfectly safe? Of course not, and you will not be able to until you understand that temporal power is not power. To the degree that you attain a confidence and assurance in Omnipotence, you will know that temporal power is not power. The Principle of No-Power Some of you who have done healing work have achieved to some degree this transcendental consciousness. None of us has achieved the fullness of it, but everyone who has done spiritual healing work has been able to say to infection, contagion, or disease, "You have no power," and has seen them dissolve. Everyone who has been an instrument for healing has proven that in the Presence of God temporal power is not power. There is no power but the realization of God's Presence, and we have proved it in the knitting of fractured bones, in the healing of blindness and deafness. We have proved again and again that temporal power is not power. In the human world there are many temporal powers: those of disease, sin, money, politics, war, and so forth. If you pray in the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Temporal Power is Not Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 131K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Four, Transition
- CHAPTER FOUR TRANSITION Those who are on the spiritual path do not die: they make a transition which is in no way related to what the world calls dying, because this transition is not an act of their own: it is an act of God and takes place by the grace of God. If you will look back on your own experience, you will gain a better understanding of this whole subject. You came into this world as an infant, and when you made the transition from infancy to childhood with an entirely different looking body, you did not die or pass on: you simply made a transition. Some years after that, you reached the age of puberty, and another change took place in your body, but it was not dying or passing on: it was merely a transitional stage into another phase of life. Then, as you reached your upper teens, you passed into still another phase of life, completely different from the twelve-, thirteen-, or fourteen-year stage. All of life took on a different complexion because you had made a transition out of childhood. Dolls and toys no longer interested you, and even basketball, baseball, and football ceased to be the center of your world because the world outside the playground and the neighborhood movie stretched forth in ever-widening horizons. So you continued until one day you found yourself in truth, and when you became a serious truth-student, you found yourself in another world, a world in which bridge, golf, dancing, and the theater occupied a minor place in your life, and, in some cases, were left behind completely because now in this new life your attention was focused on God. It was a transition from "this world," the world to which Jesus referred when he said, "I have overcome the world." 1 There was no death about that transition, except a death to materiality or what Paul called "dying daily," dying daily to old modes of thought and reliances. There was a time in our experience when our primary concern was that we have a normal heart and normal blood pressure. We ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s_ Chapter Four, Transition.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:59- 115K
Find Similar Documents