A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter V, Sowing and Reaping
- CHAPTER V SOWING AND REAPING Most people of the world believe that the evils they experience have come upon them because of their sins of omission or commission. Essentially this is true. But because they also believe that God has inflicted these evils upon them as a punishment, they have been cheated of the opportunity of avoiding them in the future. As long as they believe that God, for any reason whatsoever, would sink a ship, let an airplane fall, or permit children or adults to be mangled, lost, drowned, or suffer disease, they cheat themselves of the opportunity of learning why these ills have come upon them, and what they can do to prevent them from touching their households. The sun, the moon, and the stars were certainly not given by God to the people of the earth as a reward for anything, nor were the silver and the gold, the platinum and the diamonds, the rubies and the sapphires in the bowels of the earth, nor the pearls and the immeasurable riches in the sea. All these are but the natural order of creation appearing in wondrous ways, but never given as a reward from God, nor withheld as a punishment. The real nature of God is to express Himself, to express His qualities, character, and nature as a harmonious universe. If we could but see this world without people, we might better be able to understand that it is a perfect creation of God, functioning harmoniously and operating continuously. Whatever problems arise, arise not from the world as such but from man himself. Acknowledging, then, that God is the creator of this universe, the maintainer and sustainer of it, and that God governs this universe perfectly, without any help, advice, or urging from man, we stop holding God responsible for our ills and turn within and ask ourselves, "What about error? What about evil? Whence come these, and how can we rid ourselves of them?" One of the first steps for anyone on the spiritual path is to learn that on the human level of life there is such a thing as ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter V, Sowing and Reaping.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:59- 125K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 11, His Rain Falls
- ~ 11 ~ "HIS RAIN FALLS" Most thinking persons would be willing to admit that the majority of religious teachings of the world have not gone beyond seeking truth through the mind; but until you arrive at that place in consciousness where you realize that you never are going to find truth through the mind, you have not even begun your spiritual journey. Your journey begins only when you come to the realization that going on as you have been, you never are going to learn the truth-what lies behind this universe-because it is not to be known with the mind. Think back a few years in your experience and try to remember what it was that first brought you to the spiritual path. Was it primarily for a healing or for some other aspect of better humanhood? Or was it an actual desire, a search, a reaching out for Reality, for Truth, for God? Since that time, to what extent has your attitude changed? Do you realize that merely improving health or increasing the amount of your supply is insignificant in comparison with the goal of finding the mystery of that Life that is behind the appearance, behind what you see, hear, taste, touch, and smell? True, there are times when it is discouraging, because inevitably the realization comes: "Am I never going to discover God or Spirit? Is my search to be completely frustrating? What have I to look forward to?" Reaching that point may be a good start on your spiritual journey because you will have arrived at that place where you can say, "Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth," 1 and mean it, really mean that if God does not speak and if you do not hear what He says, there is going to be no answer. When you reach that place, it means that you have come to the end of faith and hope and any belief that the human mind is ever going to reveal spiritual truth to you. At that point in consciousness, you do know that God is not going to be revealed to you in the words that you read or the words that you hear. The only opportunity for God to be ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 11, His Rain Falls.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 7, Living Divine Sonship
- ~ 7 ~ LIVING DIVINE SONSHIP The word "consciousness" sums up the teaching of the Infinite Way. It is what we are conscious of that operates in our experience as law. "Ye shall know the truth," 1 and then the truth functions as the law. "Come out from among them, and be ye separate" 2 -give up ignorance and superstition. The Infinite Way teaches that there is only one power, and that we are never to use one power over another or to protect ourselves from a power. Our protection is the realization of our Self as the only power. When we make the statement that God is the only power, unless we realize that the God we are talking about is the I of our own being, we can be led into the false hope that there is some God out in space who can be prevailed upon to protect us. There is no such God. There is no God protecting anyone because there is nothing to be protected from. If we want to be free, we have to leave "this world" and enter God's kingdom. Only in proportion as we can recognize the impersonal, universal nature of error and then realize it as nonpower, only then are we protected, and only then can we do healing work. There is no God and disease. There is only God, and every thing that happens to us as sin, disease, lack, or limitation is an appearance. The recognition of that truth destroys the appearance. God Constitutes Individual Being "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." 3 In the presence of God, there is liberty. In that Presence, there is no entity called sin, disease, or false appetite. We do not heal them: they are illusory concepts, but the illusory concept is always in the mind. There is no such thing as an externalized illusion. When we know the truth, the illusory concept is gone, but nothing has really gone with it. Sin and lack do not go anywhere. We merely prove that they were not there. It is on this point that many metaphysicians lose their way. They believe God is some sort of a power that they are going to use over ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 7, Living Divine Sonship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 136K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 10, It Shall Not Come Nigh Thee
- 10) "It Shall Not Come Nigh Thee" If you have studied the preceding chapters carefully, you should be beginning to understand that the universal belief of good and evil operates hypnotically upon every person in the world. Every phase of discord that comes into any person's experience is a mesmeric influence from which he has not learned to protect himself. What with automobile collisions, sudden storms, and even coconuts falling from the trees, a person who leaves his home in the morning has no positive assurance that he will return safely at night. Every morning of the week, safety engineers forecast approximately how many accidental deaths will occur that day. They cannot tell who will be the victims, but those casualties could be you or me or anyone else. Man has become a statistic. But no one wants to be a statistic. No one wants to fall victim to an accident. How, then, can such mishaps and catastrophes be avoided? Is there a way? Yes, there most certainly is, if those who have been taught the principles of one power, impersonalization, and "nothingization" can break through their mental inertia in the morning to the extent of consciously realizing: There is but one Power operating in this universe. It is not a power of accident, death, disease, or sin. This Power is the same Power that causes the sun to rise and to set at its appointed time, and the tides to ebb and flow. The Power that is operating in this universe is the same Power that is operating in my consciousness, and It operates as the law unto my experience. There is no power in any mesmeric suggestion of accident. There is no power in any belief of infection or contagion. There is no power in the carnal mind, in any of its forms, or in any of its beliefs, individual or collective. "A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee." 1 To whom does that refer? To whom but the person who dwells "in the secret place of the most High" 2 -not one who ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...It Shall Not Come Nigh Thee.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:05- 143K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter IX, What About This Body?
- CHAPTER IX WHAT ABOUT THIS BODY? The principles of spiritual healing have been explained in the foregoing chapters, but an explanation does not heal. Even though you have gained some understanding of these principles, in order for them to be made practical and workable, and for you to develop a healing consciousness, they must be removed from the realm of generalities, from a mere intellectual exercise, and brought to bear on specific problems, whether financial, moral, mental, or physical. One problem which is uppermost in the lives of a great many people is that of health, that of an ailing or aging body. Even those who are at the moment experiencing physical well-being are puzzled by the relationship of what they see as a material body to the spiritual scheme of things. What about this body? How does it fit into a spiritual universe? Is this material body the Word made flesh? Is it the material body or only the spiritual body which is resurrected? Does the material body manifest God? Do not be too startled when I say to you that there is only one body: There is not a material body and a spiritual body. There is only one. Here, as in every aspect of life, the principle of oneness applies. True, we entertain a material concept of body, and it is that concept of body which gets all twisted up and involves us in all manner of ills, but the body has no power to cause trouble; the body has no power to be good or bad, sick or well: It is our concept which appears as a sick or well body. When your concept is a material sense of body, you open yourself to all the sins and diseases to which the body may be subject. The moment, however, that you drop that concept and realize that there are not two or three or four kinds of bodies, but that there is only one body, and that body is the temple of the living God, God-governed, God-maintained, and subject only to the laws of God, you bring this very body under God's grace. If you believe that your body is material, you are ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r IX, What About This Body_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:32- 109K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 5, Our Real Identity
- ~ 5 ~ OUR REAL IDENTITY TODAY, with all the conflict, warfare, and turmoil, it appears the world is bent on destroying itself. In this overturning, people of themselves have no strength, intelligence, or love. "For by strength shall no man prevail." 1 This destruction or crucifixion going on throughout the world is really the crucifixion of the belief in personal power, personal will, and the sense of an identity separate and apart from the One. That is all that is being crucified. Anyone holding on to the belief that he has a personal life to save or lose, a personal fortune to protect, or a personal will and dominion may be crucified because those beliefs must be rooted out in order for God's glory to fill the earth and for man to stand forth in the fullness of Christhood. What can I desire besides Thee? If I had all the earth and Thee, I would have no more than if I just had Thee. But if I had all the earth and had not Thee, then I would have nothing except a void still waiting to be filled. I realize the uselessness of desiring, wishing, and hoping because in the stillness I know Thou art with me. Thou art the light of my being. Never can I feel God's presence until I am in the silence. But after I have attained a stillness and silence, I can carry it out into the world for a few hours, when again I must retire for renewal of the assurance. It is not that God is not omnipresent; but in the turmoil of the world and the activity of the human mind, I am apt to develop a sense of separation, a feeling of being apart. So I come back into this silence for a moment to reassure myself and feel that divine Presence. THE INVISIBILITY OF SPIRITUAL IDENTITY This life I am experiencing is not my life but God's life: infinite, eternal, and immortal. This body that is my vehicle of expression is God's body. If it were mine, it would be separate and apart from God; and how would I preserve it? But this is not my body; it is the body of God in one of Its infinite forms and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 5, Our Real Identity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:08- 135K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 12, God Revealing Himself as Christ on Earth
- ~ 12 ~ GOD REVEALING HIMSELF AS CHRIST ON EARTH Regardless of the heights we may attain on the spiritual path, it does not mean that we will forever be without problems of one kind or another. It is safe to say from what we have observed that most of the problems of those who are on the Path will be minor ones and easily resolved. Occasionally, however, because of universal world hypnotism, some very, very severe problems come even to the student of a considerable measure of spiritual attainment. The mere fact that we are living in a world with other people means that we cannot close our eyes to the troubles and problems of our friends or families. Sometimes, too, we cannot close our eyes to the troubles and problems of the world, and so, as we come under the hypnotism of world belief, we may encounter a serious problem at any stage of our spiritual experience. No matter how great the problem may be, however, even that of facing death, it does not seem too great because we have come to the realization that life here or life there is still life, so that it is just going to be a matter of making the adjustment to life on one plane of life or another. Of course, when the world faces serious problems, it has no answer, and that is a terrifying spot to be in: to face serious problems and to realize there are no answers. We have one great advantage, however, over the rest of the world and over those persons who live in fear of every pain because they think it is a sign that they are going to die. We do know that there is an answer, and that it is just a matter of our attaining that answer. And what is the answer? The right degree of spiritual realization. So we have something toward which to work because we know that if we were facing our last minute of life on earth, it could be completely reversed, just by the correct realization. I do want to make this point, however, that probably those on this Path are free of eighty per cent of all the world's problems, and the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Himself as Christ on Earth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 138K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: The Fourth Dimension of Life
- The Fourth Dimension of Life WHEN THE MASTER, Christ Jesus, says, "I can of my own self do nothing, the Father within me doeth the works," when Paul says, "I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me"-they are revealing the Fourth Dimension of life in which you do not live "by bread alone," nor by personal will, effort or even personal wisdom. There comes a point in your experience when you are not solely you-but in which you are conscious of a Presence within. This point of transition comes when the Presence becomes real within you and takes over your life. From the moment of this transitional experience you do not again take any anxious thought for your life because there is always this IT-this Christ-or divine Presence, and IT brings to you the harmonies of your daily experience. In this transitional experience you pass from being merely a human being, thinking your own thoughts, planning your own life, arranging your own affairs to a place in Consciousness where you really and truly "feel" this inner Presence, and you then live as if you had stepped aside a little-say two or three inches to the side of yourself-and are watching your life being lived for you. If you, at that moment, are in the business world, you will find business coming to you that you were not personally responsible for-that is, you had made no personal effort to secure. If you are an author or composer, you will find ideas flowing, such ideas as you have never dreamed of, flowing to you from within- and you will know that you are not creating them, but they are given you by an inner Grace. If you are in Spiritual Work, the Healing or Teaching Ministry, you will find patients and students being led to you, and all will be spiritually healed and led by the Spirit. Thereby you would understand that "I live-yet not I, but Christ liveth my life. The Father worketh hitherto, and I work." At this point you become the instrument for the operation and activity of divine Consciousness. When the Master ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Fourth Dimension of Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:15- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 3, Self-Completeness
- ~ 3 ~ SELF-COMPLETENESS You are Self-complete through God. You are not, and never will be, complete because of any effort you have ever made toward being good or being spiritual. Your completeness is in God. This is in accordance with the teaching of the Master Christ Jesus: "I can of mine own self do nothing. 1 . . . The Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 2 . . . Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God. 3 . . . My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me." 4 In other words, all the power of Jesus was really the power of the Christ made evident through Jesus. Remember that, in and of yourself, you are nothing except that God be the reality of your being. Christ is your true identity, and in Christ you are fulfilled in all your completeness. So you can draw on your Christhood for anything to the extent of your realization of this truth. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. John 15:4 Think of a tree with its trunk and its root system deep down in the earth, and then think of the branches on the tree. The tree has a root system which draws into it the food from the earth. It has a distributing system that sends that food up through the trunk out into the branches. There is a catalytic agent that turns the sun and the air and the water into some kind of an essence that feeds the branches and later becomes the fruit. Now for a moment think of yourself as a branch, and realize how you are being fed: through the trunk, or the vine, from the earth. As a human being, you are not partaking of that divine substance: you are a branch cut off from the trunk of the tree. It would appear that each of us is a separate unit, walking around in space, none of us attached to the other, none of us at one with the other, and certainly no sign of any God, feeding, supporting, maintaining, or supplying us: just ourselves, lone branches suspended in space, attached to nothing, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 3, Self-Completeness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:40- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Living The Infinite Way: Chapter Five, God as Law in Operation
- They do not realize that there is a law in operation much greater and more powerful than any law ever written into the statutes of any nation. I was thinking of this recently in connection with forgiveness. An occasion arose in which forgiveness was almost out of the question, and regardless of all the unfoldment and understanding that had been given through the writings of The Infinite Way, there seemed to be no way to bring forgiveness into this ... Probably every one of us has, in a measure, believed that some of our inharmonies and discords are due to other people, and right here is where we must bring the law of forgiveness into the picture. The first thing we ask ... Forgiveness is also a law of God. The Master made it very clear that we were to forgive even our enemies-those who hate us and persecute us, those who despitefully use us-and if necessary we were to forgive them seventy times seven! Here is a law of God, which every one of us has been violating. We have not forgiven our enemies, and certainly we have not forgiven seventy times seven. Forgiveness is one of the important ... some error in our experience, is due to someone else, either in the present, the past, or possibly in the future, and so we have violated the law of forgiveness. We cannot violate the law of God without suffering for it! ... As we study the Master's teaching in the Gospels, we find these laws of love and forgiveness and also the law of service. "For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, ... Therefore, the only way we can love God with our whole heart and soul, with our whole mind, body, and being, is by loving man. That love is made manifest not only in the service we give to man, the kindness and forgiveness, ... If we discover that we have not sufficiently kept the law of love or the law of forgiveness, we should not be too critical of ourselves, but acknowledge that that is where we have fallen down and, at this moment, recognize ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ve, God as Law in Operation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:55- 93K
Find Similar Documents