God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 11, States & Stages of Consciousness
- ~ 11 ~ STATES AND STAGES OF CONSCIOUSNESS And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant. Jeremiah 1:9, 10 That was not said to a man; that was said to a state of consciousness, a state of spiritual consciousness. That state of consciousness not only roots out, but it also plants; it destroys, but it builds. The only thing that it tears down and destroys is a false sense, a false sense of God, a false sense of the universe, a false sense of your individual being and body: What it builds up is the realization of true identity-a knowledge of the world as it really is and of all that is in the world. There are states and stages of consciousness, however, and when we are working in the human world with our human resources, with our human wisdom and physical strength, we are living in and through a material state of consciousness. The world as a whole was for the most part in a state of material consciousness until the middle of the nineteenth century when it advanced into a more mental state of consciousness. Always, there have been a few people who have to some extent known the mental realm-the artists, writers, and visionaries of all time. When the power of the mind was first brought to the attention of the world at large during the middle of the last century, the world seemed ready to advance into a mental state of consciousness, and it began to do mentally what had formerly been performed physically. In other words, healings of the body which had formerly been accomplished by means of medicines, herbs, or plasters now were being brought about by "thinking thoughts," by mental suggestion, at times even auto-suggestion. All types of healing by mental means came into being, from the out-and-out hypnotic to that which was just a mild form of suggestion or auto-suggestion. The Mystical State ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s & Stages of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:35- 127K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 1, Living the Spiritual Life
- Chapter One Living the Spiritual Life The spiritual way of life is a practical way of life, perhaps the most practical way that has ever been known. It can be lived in the midst of war, in the midst of shifting economic conditions, and in a world filled with a great deal of suffering and lack in some parts, and in others filled with too much prosperity for the good of those who are seemingly enjoying it. It has been thought by some that the spiritual life can be lived successfully only by those who are in a position to retire from active business or professional life, those who would live away from the world in the mountains or by the sea. But contrary to popular belief the spiritual life is not only most necessary but also most practical and profitable during the stresses and strains of everyday living. The spiritual life is in no way dependent upon a religious life in the church sense. It has no greater connection with the religious life than it has with business or professional life. Yet by its very nature it can be lived in the church, in the business or professional world, or in a combination of these. The Presence of God Realized Is Your Security Spiritual living has to do with man and his relationship with God. A person can have that relationship with God on a battlefield, in an airplane, or on a barren desert island. What is necessary is a person's ability to find his center in God, whether he finds it in or out of church. If he has not found God within himself, all the churches in the universe cannot save him. The spiritual life can be thought of as a person's individual experience of God. If you cannot find the kingdom of God within yourself, wherever you may be -in your home, in your automobile, or on a holiday-you will not find it in your house of worship because a church, a temple, a mosque, or a synagogue is merely a building, a place. The kingdom of God is within you, and in order to find God wherever you are you must bring the awareness of God there, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Living the Spiritual Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 117K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 1, Living Now
- ... This truth that we have been knowing is the universal truth about all God's creation. It is not the truth about mortal man because mortal man is living in defiance of the laws of God. It is true only of that I that is living in conscious oneness with God, and we are living in that conscious oneness only when we are living the life of love, loving our neighbor as ourselves, loving our fellow man, forgiving even our persecutors and enemies. The mortal life is not of God: it is destructible. The life that is lived in the belief in good and evil is not under the law of God, and only when we live forgiveness, live in sharing and giving, are we living the God-life, that incorporeal, spiritual life that is indestructible, the life that not even flames can destroy or swords pierce. This life which we bring to our remembrance when we realize the true meaning of I is our God-given, immortal life, and we live it through love, and only through love. When selfishness, greed, lust, animality, hate, envy, and jealousy are permitted entrance into our consciousness, we are living a life apart from God, a life which has no support from God, and therefore a life which must come to an end. We can reject that human sense of life by renouncing the personal sense of self which is characterized by a lack of love, a lack of justice, or a lack of benevolence; and we can accept the I that is one with God, the I that is the Spirit of God that has come as our individual being that we might have life, and that we might share this life through love and forgiveness, by releasing everyone from all obligations to us, through praying for others, and through knowing the truth. "Owe no man anything, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 16 . . . This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you." 17 Love-this is the heritage, this is the nature of the I that we are. Since "I and my Father are one," my whole reliance is on Him, on the I that I ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Now_ Chapter 1, Living Now.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:49- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 4, Meditation: The Key to The Ministry Within
- That is the realization I came to. For many years I did not know how to bring God into individual experience- how to bring the comfort and the healing that the Master promised, the raising of the dead that the Master promised, the forgiveness of sin that the Master promised, the life eternal that the Master promised. These were only words in a book! Then there came to me the experience that brought with it the actual realization that the presence of God ... So in our work we say that we do not heal, but we can pray-the prayer of forgiveness, the prayer of releasing our enemies. Then we can listen until God utters His V oice within us. When the V oice within us speaks, the healing or the harmony or the peace takes place. We are merely the instruments through which God's Grace flows; we are not the healers. But let me assure you that only those who attain a consciousness of God's Presence, who attain the ability to be still and hear that V oice, can become instruments. The spiritual life is sometimes called the "withinness"-the interior life, the inner life, the inner kingdom. The Master sometimes refers to it as "My Kingdom which is not of this world." My Kingdom is an inner kingdom. Remember that Christ indwells; therefore, the Christ Kingdom is within you. So if you want to receive forgiveness for your sins, do not look for forgiveness anywhere externally, but seek it from the Kingdom of God, the Christ Kingdom, which is within you. If you are seeking healing, even while you are accepting the help of the consciousness of ... The Christ ministry-the Christ healing ministry, the Christ forgiving ministry, the Christ raising-of-the-dead ministry, the Christ feeding ministry-is within you. Therefore I give it to you as a principle on which the entire Infinite Way teaching is based. You must turn to the Christ ministry for healing, for salvation, for forgiveness, for food, housing, and transportation, for healing of sin, disease, death. You must turn to the Christ ministry, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Key to The Ministry Within.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:46- 105K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 12, The Prince of Peace
- ~ 12 ~ THE PRINCE OF PEACE The full significance of Christmas can never be known except through an understanding of the unchanging nature of God, the God who is eternally and everlastingly the same yesterday, today, and forever. That which is of God always has been, that which has been is now, and that which is now always will be. To understand this reveals that the real Christmas did not begin two thousand years ago: it began in the beginning, before time was. What took place two thousand years ago was merely the revelation of an experience that has been continuous, not only since "before Abraham was," 1 but since before time was. God did not inaugurate anything new two thousand years ago. The true meaning of Christmas is that God planted in individual consciousness the seed that was to evolve as his Son. No one has ever existed, exists now, or ever will exist without this spiritual influence and power having been implanted in his consciousness from the beginning. The function of the Son of God was made clear through the ministry of Jesus Christ when he revealed, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly" 2 -not I, Jesus, but I, the Son of God. Jesus said, "If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. . . . I of mine own self do nothing . . . 3 I am the bread of life . . . 4 I am the resurrection, and the life." 5 That was the Son of God speaking. Jesus was not all this: it was the Son of God speaking through him-the same Son of God which is in the midst of all of us as it has been in the midst of every individual since the beginning of time. Go Within to Find the Peace Established from the Beginning There is a story which tells of an ancient king who himself was peaceful, just, merciful, and kind, but who had a neighbor-king intent on war and conquest. Because of the nature of his being, the just and merciful king sent an ambassador to the neighboring king to seek peace. Meanwhile, to protect his people, he began to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 12, The Prince of Peace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:59- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 11, Joint Heir
- CHAPTER 11 "Joint Heir" THERE IS nothing quite as practical as the spiritual or mystical life, although the world has not yet completely awakened to this truth. There are tens of thousands, probably hundreds of thousands, now in the world who have actually experienced that the spiritual life is the most practical way of living-from every practical standpoint. You can imagine my joy at learning that an auto sales-managers' clinic was held at Michigan State University and that the professor conducting the clinic recommended The Contemplative Life as a textbook for automobile salesmen. This is really a recognition of the practicality of the spiritual life. I don't mind telling you that I live with The Contemplative Life morning, noon, and night; and sometimes I get up in the middle of the night to be sure that I haven't overlooked something in it. I haven't, though, discovered anything about selling automobiles -at least not directly. So it is in our work, in the business world and the professional world, in our activities with corporations, in their labor-relations problems, in the experience of students in their own business or professional lives: we have discovered and proven that there is nothing as practical as this spiritual life. If you would prove this for yourself, then be sure that you know what the principle is that you are trying to prove. Be sure that you know what it is that makes this the most practical way of life. Our work is based, first of all, on the unfoldment given to me that God constitutes our individual being. God is the life of us, God is the mind of us, God is the soul of us. Eventually we discover that even our body is the temple of God. In the unfolding of this there came a revelation, let's say. It was such at the time, and it has proven to be a very important one-namely, that the word consciousness contains the entire secret of life. Certainly, it contains the secret of life as we live it in The Infinite Way. However, I am sure you will ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...uth_ Chapter 11, Joint Heir.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:22- 101K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 7, Consciously Knowing the Truth
- Chapter Seven Consciously Knowing the Truth The principle of one power is perhaps the oldest spiritual principle ever revealed. One of the first spiritual revelators of the principle of one power, if not the first, was Gautama the Buddha, who revealed that this world and the powers of this world-sin, disease, death, and poverty-are illusion, and that the only reality is spirit, the invisible, which alone is power. On that basis, one of the first healing movements developed, a movement which spread throughout all India and eventually reached much of the rest of Asia. In its first few hundred years it is reported that marvelous healing work on a broad scale took place. The reason for this phenomenal success was that Gautama taught his followers that all evil is illusion, and they therefore should not fight evil, try to overcome it, or get rid of it. The followers of Gautama, including some of his immediate disciples, however, did not have sufficient spiritual vision to understand the meaning of one power, so they set up maya, which means illusion, as a separate power and tried to have the first great power do something to the illusion. In so doing, the basic principle of Gautama's teaching was lost, and they failed. Whenever another power is set up, about which God is expected to do something, there is duality and there is no longer the possibility of healing. Christ Jesus also established his healing mission on the principle of one power. To the man sick with the palsy, he said, "Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house," 1 which certainly indicates quite clearly that Jesus gave no power to that condition. In one case Jesus applied spittle to a blind man's eyes 2 and healed him. Surely he was not implying that spittle was the healing agency for blindness, but rather that spittle, a substance which in and of itself is nothing, was enough to heal blindness. Why? Because blindness has no power to maintain itself, except in the minds of those who are under the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nsciously Knowing the Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:36- 123K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Supply
- SUPPLY PART I THE SECRET of supply is to be found in the twelfth chapter of Luke: And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest? Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothe the grass, which is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more will be clothe you, O ye of little faith? And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. The question now arises: How is it possible to "take no thought" for money when pressing obligations must be met? How can we trust God when year in and year out these financial problems confront us, and usually through no fault of our own? We have seen in these passages from Luke that the way to solve our difficulties is to take no thought for supply, whether of money, food, clothing, or any other form. And the reason that we need have no anxiety about these things is that "it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom" because He "knoweth that ye have need of these things." In order that we may enter wholly into the spirit of confidence of this inspired message of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...es/The Infinite Way_ Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:15- 102K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Living Now - Every Day Is a Day of Decision
- ... This truth that we have been knowing is the universal truth about all God's creation. It is not the truth about mortal man because mortal man is living in defiance of the laws of God. It is true only of that I that is living in conscious oneness with God, and we are living in that conscious oneness only when we are living the life of love, loving our neighbor as ourselves, loving our fellow man, forgiving even our persecutors and enemies. The mortal life is not of God: it is destructible. The life that is lived in the belief in good and evil is not under the law of God, and only when we live forgiveness, live in sharing and giving, are we living the God-life, that incorporeal, spiritual life that is indestructible, the life that not even flames can destroy or swords pierce. This life which we bring to our remembrance when we realize the true meaning of I is our God-given, immortal life, and we live it through love, and only through love. When selfishness, greed, lust, animality, hate, envy, and jealousy are permitted entrance into our consciousness, we are living a life apart from God, a life which has no support from God, and therefore a life which must come to an end. We can reject that human sense of life by renouncing the personal sense of self which is characterized by a lack of love, a lack of justice, or a lack of benevolence; and we can accept the I that is one with God, the I that is the Spirit of God that has come as our individual being that we might have life, and that we might share this life through love and forgiveness, by releasing everyone from all obligations to us, through praying for others, and through knowing the truth. "Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 18 . . . This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you." 19 Love-this is the heritage, this is the nature of the I that we are. Since "I and my Father are one," my whole reliance is on Him, on the I that I ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ry Day Is a Day of Decision.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:20- 137K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Twelve, Do Not "Pass by on the Other Side"
- CHAPTER TWELVE DO NOT "PASS BY ON THE OTHER SIDE" The unveiling of God takes place within you when you realize that it is the I in the midst of you that is God, in whom you can relax without words and without thoughts, relax and receive the Word, rest and receive His spirit, rest in His grace with no concern for tomorrow and no regrets about yesterday, no living over of the yesterdays in your memory, for these have been erased. When God is unveiled in you, you begin to live in the nowness of life. It is as if you awakened each morning and realized that God has given you a new day. It is a day that will be filled with something. It is a day that you can choose to fill with His presence, with His spirit, with His love; or it is a day that you can fill with human belief-material laws and mental laws-if you ignore the presence of the spirit of God in you. Scripture cannot be fulfilled yesterday, and scripture will not be fulfilled tomorrow. Scripture is fulfilled in this day, if so be you accept the unveiling and let the spirit of God teach you, let the spirit of God feed and inspire you, let the spirit of God walk with you through every minute of every day, and never attempt to walk through even a minute alone. The unveiling comes in that moment of your decision to awaken in the morning with God, to fall asleep at night with God, and to determine that every minute of every day you will walk with God and let God walk in you and through you. That is the goal, and the means of attaining this goal is the attentive ear, the listening ear. You are walking with God and living with and in God only as you learn to keep an open ear throughout your waking and sleeping hours. For a while it may be necessary to open your ears the very last thing at night and say, "Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth,"1 and then sleep. When you fall asleep this way, your body and mind are at rest, but you yourself are awake. You will then be receiving thoughts throughout the night just as ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._Pass by on the Other Side_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:33- 119K
Find Similar Documents