The Only Freedom: Chapter 7, Where the Spirit of the Lord Is There Is Liberty
- ... That is all that material existence consists of, a continuous catering to the little self. When we improve and become a little better, we begin being good to our mothers and fathers and children, and we really believe that that is being spiritual. By the time that we are able to be good to our cousins, nephews, and nieces, we really think we are good spiritual people. All of that is nonsense. "Pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; . . . For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye?" 5 It profits a man nothing to be good to his parents, his children, his friends, even to his cousins and fellow Republicans or Democrats. It becomes a spiritual way of life when we can pray that God's grace illumine human consciousness, whether it be our friends or our enemies, our relatives or your relatives. It becomes a spiritual activity when we are willing for the sinners of the world to be forgiven their sins. Whether or not we can forgive them is of relative unimportance. What counts is that we be willing that God's forgiveness and God's grace touch them. The function of our meditation is, first of all, to purify ourselves of self: selfishness, self-righteousness, ego, jingoistic patriotism, all these things in which crimes are committed. Furthermore, our meditations are to eliminate or to dissipate personal sense in the patient or student who comes to us, to dissolve the grosser elements that make up material or human living. When these changes have taken place in consciousness so that we become softer, more mellow, less demanding, more forgiving, more generous, not merely in the sense of giving more dollars, but in the wider circle to which we give those dollars, the sins of the body, the diseases and the lacks of the body begin to disappear. It often does happen that a person comes to a spiritual healer for help and receives that help without any immediate sign of a change in his disposition or character taking place. Actually, that is not ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Lord Is There Is Liberty.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:35- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Two, Begin Prayer with the Word God
- ... A person can be the most unregenerate sinner in the world, but he will be made as white as snow in the moment that he contacts God. It makes no difference what his fears or sins may be today. Do not sit in judgment on him; do not criticize or condemn him. Remember that your function is to reveal the Christ, and instead of sitting in judgment on the Magdalenes and thieves and alcoholics, turn around and love them, forgive them, understand them, and place them in God's keeping where God's love and God's forgiveness and God's grace can reach them. One second of God-realization will dispel any sin, any disease, or any fear that has ever existed on the face of the earth-but it must be God-realization and not just talk about God or preaching about God. God-experience must come to you, and that experience is what dispels the sins, diseases, and illusions of the world. Keep your consciousness attuned to God, never bringing your thought down to the level of a patient, a discord, or an ... Out of the spiritualized individual consciousness come the great works of the masters, and in proportion to this deepening and enriching of consciousness will come forth the great works given you to do. I do not expect that the day will ever come when there will be one church on earth, since for many generations to come there will be varying states and stages of consciousness, but this need not in any way interfere with the ultimate realization of the great truth that there is but one God, and this God is the God of all churches, and therefore, regardless of our affiliation or nonaffiliation, we are brothers to one another. And now a final word: If you find it difficult to forgive those who have offended you or yours, pray daily that God forgive them. Forgiveness is one of the great spiritual qualities, but personal sense does make it difficult at times for us to understand and demonstrate the true nature of forgiveness. Nevertheless, we can always turn to God and ask that God forgive ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...in Prayer with the Word God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:01- 119K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 12, The Transition to Christhood
- ... But it cannot be ruled out of your consciousness while you are living on the human plane, which is under the law. It can be ruled out of your consciousness only if you will accept yourself as the Christ, or as a disciple or apostle of the Christ, and realize that you have moved from the human state of consciousness to the spiritual. You are now at that place where your life is a life of forgiveness, a benediction, a blessing, and no evil can come nigh you because you are not seeking anything. You are not even seeking good. As long as you are not seeking, you are not going to receive. You will always be. This is your real nature: being! I and the Father are one in being and in essence. I and the Father are ... To pray for the world means to look out as if seeing this globe of the universe in front of you, and feel your hands or your love going out around that globe with "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do. I pray that your sins be forgiven you. I pray that the Christ dwell in your heart. I pray that no penalties ever be inflicted upon you for the past. I pray that you know spiritual freedom, spiritual justice, spiritual life, and spiritual law." Hold that globe in a whole armful of love, understanding, and forgiveness, and allow no thought of victory to enter your mind: no victory over man, no victory over ideologies, no victory over nations-not victories, but peace. There never can be peace when there are victories, because with every victory there is a loss, and the loser must always think about the next possibility of gain. Never think of victories: think of peace. "My peace I give unto you."17 Keep that globe in your arms: "'My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you,'17 My peace, spiritual peace, the peace that brings with it forgiveness and comfort. My comfort give I unto you; spiritual comfort." Remember that you have moved. You are not sitting at the feet of the Master; you are sitting beside the Master, and you now ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Transition to Christhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:16- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 8, The Fruitage of Knowing God Aright
- ... Instead of trying to gain business at the expense of a competitor, there would be better business for everyone if competitors could agree to put their heads together in the attitude, "How can we give better service and increase the amount of business in this neighborhood?" Do not believe for a minute that God prospers one person's business at somebody else's expense. It is easy to bring business under the jurisdiction of spiritual activity. Business is not separate and apart from one's spiritual experience. Business is as spiritual as any form of living, just as spiritual as going to church or as engaging in prayer. Not all forms of business would fit into that category, but business, as I understand it, is really a part of spiritual living. Forgiveness as the Foundation for a Life Work In the very first year of the great depression of the 1930's, a man who had made a fortune in the building business lost his entire business and fortune. His wife had to go to work, and he took what ... All of a sudden the meaning of those words dawned on me as I realized that the people in the church were reading those words backwards. The divine love that meets every need is not out here. It is inside. Therefore, it is the divine love you express that meets your need. There is no God out here meeting your need. God is within you, but as long as you are not expressing that divine love, it is unexpressed, and as long as it is unexpressed, it cannot meet your human need. What constitutes divine love? Forgiveness, charity, benevolence, kindness, cooperativeness, sharing: all these constitute divine love. If you are not expressing divine love, it is not going to return to you or meet your need. It was that awareness that brought a change in my way of life, because I saw how foolish it is to sit around waiting for God to do something. Are You an Instrument for God's Love? God is forever being God, so there is no use waiting for God to do something tomorrow. God is already doing it. The ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...itage of Knowing God Aright.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:36- 125K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 9, When We Personalize Good And Evil
- IX when we personalize good and evil S PIRITUAL CONSCIOUSNESS IS your consciousness when you have no evil to combat, when your evil has been impersonalized and nothingized. That is Christ-con- sciousness. It is not some other consciousness that is going to come to you. It is your present consciousness when your consciousness is divested of personalizing good and evil or empowering evil. Your consciousness, this very conscious- ness which is you, is Christ-consciousness in proportion as you are impersonalizing and nothingizing. Therefore, there is no new consciousness to gain; there is no other consciousness to go out after. It is a purification of the consciousness which we now have, and which in its purified state is Christ-consciousness. In other words, Moses, after his illumination, was still Moses, but with purified consciousness. Jesus was still Jesus but with purified or Christ-consciousness. That is why he was called Jesus, "the Christ," Jesus, "the Enlightened." He was still Jesus, the same Jesus, but now, "the Enlightened." And enlightenment means only one thing: the recognition of these principles. That is what constitutes enlightenment and opens the way for illumination. The inner experiences that we have, the inner experiences that come to us and the instruction that comes, and the wisdom, the guidance, and the direction come only at those times when we are living in that consciousness of no condemnation, of impersonalization, and they cannot come to us at any other time. That is the full meaning of that statement: "When you go to the altar and pray, and there remember that anyone has ought against thee, first get up and make thy peace." 1 We have this principle of impersonalizing evil, and this means denying the evil a person in whom, on whom, or through whom to operate. In other words, look upon every evil as if it were being offered by a tempter, as if you were seeing Satan stand before the Master, and you having the ability to say, "Get thee behind ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 9.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:05- 91K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 16, The Universality of God
- ~ 16 ~ THE UNIVERSALITY OF GOD THE TWELFTH CHAPTER OF THE GOSPEL according to John opens with the Master coming to Bethany, where a supper has been prepared for him by Mary, the sister of Lazarus, whom Jesus had just raised from the dead. Naturally, the little town is very much excited about Lazarus being raised from the dead-Lazarus present with them now and even eating supper after having been dead and in the tomb. We might well imagine that this occasion was one for rejoicing, for happiness and a real celebration, but that is only because we want to believe that the whole world is seeking truth and wants to see the dead raised to life and sinners reformed. The world as a world does not really like such things; it harbors an unconscious resentment toward those who have any desire to improve it. And so, the first murmurings of discontent are heard, and soon these murmurings become more than murmurs, rising to greater heights. This, the Master fully realized when he prophesied the trouble that lay ahead: Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. John 12:24 Here is the very principle on which The Infinite Way unfoldment is based. Translating that into our language of today, it means this: Unless we die to our humanhood, we cannot be reborn of the Spirit, nor can we bring forth spiritual fruit while continuing to live as human beings. Most people do not have any real understanding of what living the spiritual life means, and so when they first start out on the spiritual path they usually feel this way: "I am a human being, one who knows nothing of God, and I am sick. My desire is to be a human being who knows something about God, and who is well." They seem content to stay on the level of demonstration, wanting to be free of all their human discords, wanting to acquire all the good human things of life, and to continuing merrily on their human way to the age of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...16, The Universality of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:45- 119K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 18, Mysticism
- ... I believe that since life is eternal, we have always lived and since we have always lived, we must have lived in or out of some particular state of consciousness and therefore some are very, very much further developed than others. If you, this moment, were to pass on, you would not find yourself having to go through all the things you have had to go through until you came to this spiritual awareness. You would very nearly start off where you are this minute as a spiritually developed soul-or very close to it-in some cases, further ahead even because in some cases the act of transition is a freeing one. Now, there isn't enough clinical proof for anyone to make a definite statement that he knows why one person gets healed quickly and another one doesn't. That is not our particular problem at this moment. Our particular problem is this: the development of the practitioner to that point where he neither fears, hates nor loves error; his development of some measure of Christ-consciousness which means divine love, universal love, a sense of forgiveness, a sense of gratitude, a sense of human affection. Don't forget that the command of the Master was, "Love thy neighbor." 9 It was not only love God but your neighbor too. You have to love your neighbor as yourself. He gave those two great Commandments. He was most clear that what you had to do was love God and love your neighbor. You know, we get so absolute about our love for God sometimes that we just forget our neighbor. But we don't want to do that in this work. We want to take the full measure of the Christ. We want to love God with all our heart and with all our soul but we want to love our neighbor, too. And we want to show forth that love in compassion, in patience, in justice, in kindness, in forbearance, in joy-in willingness to share all of the good that God has given us. Above all we want to give up our egotistic belief that we have personal powers as practitioners. Our healings will be in proportion as we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tion_ Chapter 18, Mysticism.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:22- 158K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 3, Individual Consciousness as Law
- ~ 3 ~ INDIVIDUAL CONSCIOUSNESS AS LAW Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth. Jeremiah 9:23, 24 This statement from Jeremiah can be carried out in practical experience. We are not to glory in the world of effect, whether that effect appears as person, place, circumstance, condition, or thing, because the substance, the reality, does not lie in any effect. The power and the glory, the substance and the reality, the cause and the law lie in the spirit which produces all that appears to us as form, circumstance, or condition. We can enjoy and use the things of this world, but our faith and confidence must not be centered in the world or in the things of the world. Our faith and confidence must be in the spirit which produces, forms, and animates all that exists. No Power Acts upon Us The Infinite Way teaches that man is consciousness and that that very consciousness is the cause of body, business, and home. Many people believe that a discordant body, business, or home is due to a power outside of themselves, acting upon them. As long as we accept the belief that there is a power outside of us, just that long will we be seeking to get in touch with a good power to do something for us. If the belief is accepted that a law of time is acting upon our bodies and mentalities, our experience will be on that level. There is no power operating in our experience separate from our own consciousness, but as long as we believe that there is such a power and as long as we are trying to get in touch with it, we shall never contact it. The world has been praying to God for things. It is no more sensible to pray to God for things than it is to pray to the principle of electricity to light your house. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...vidual Consciousness as Law.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 4, Open Out a Way
- ~ 4 ~ OPEN OUT A WAY Since there seems to be a sense of separation between the Father and us, and between all those who are to play a part in our life's experience, our work is to realize our oneness with the Father, the one consciousness, and then we automatically become one with every spiritual being. There is but one consciousness, and that consciousness, functioning as your consciousness and as mine, is the connecting link between you and your world and me and my world, establishing us in oneness with all those who are a part of our fulfillment. Unless we wish to engage in a daily battle of competition, a daily battle of trying to work with persons antagonistic to our ideas, unless we wish to take our chance with whether we will have the right employer or right employee, or whether we will deal with those who are the right people for us or the wrong- unless we wish to do that, we must establish firmly our oneness with the Father before we leave our home in the morning to embark upon any enterprise, commercial, social, or ministerial, realizing that the consciousness of the Father, which is our consciousness, is the consciousness of every individual. Therefore, all those ready for the experience of association with us, by the attraction of that consciousness, are brought to us, and in the same way, we are led to everyone we can serve or bless. When we understand our connection with the vine, we do not compete with any man. We do not fight, we do not war with him or sue him because we have access to the infinite source of our being, and it is this source that feeds and supplies us even while it is feeding and supplying all the other branches on the tree. So instead of looking to one another for our needs, we learn to look to the one universal life that is flowing through all of us, and receive our good from it. Then everything works together for good, and we are led to where we can work with others, benefit from and cooperate with them, and yet not live off them. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 4, Open Out a Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:40- 117K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 8, The Spiritual Life
- Chapter Eight The Spiritual Life As long as we live out from material sense, there will be discord, inharmony, ills, and evils. Only as we are able to make the transition to the spiritual consciousness of existence can we live free of the ups and downs, the good and evil, the health and sickness of material sense. God cannot be brought to the material sense of life. Mortal or material man cannot please God. "So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the spirit of Christ, he is not his. . . . For as many as are led by the spirit of God, they are the sons of God." 1 Continuing as mortal and material man, attempting to live the life that we were born into and brought up in and, at the same time, expecting to bring spiritual good or the activity of the Christ into our life must result in failure. No, first there must be a transition from the material sense of existence to the spiritual consciousness of life. What Characterizes Spiritual Existence? What is the major difference between the material sense of existence and the spiritual? In a material sense of existence, the necessary and essential things of life are found in the external: in dollars, investments, physical conditions of good, business, companionship, and home. These are all considered vital, and so all material existence is aimed at attaining more companionship, more happiness, more homes, more or better transportation, more of this or more of that, always centered on the external. Living out from the spiritual sense of existence, we recognize that we do not live by bread alone but by every word of God. Through that, we gain the understanding that the real meat of life is not the meat in a butcher shop but the meat the world knows not, and that is the spiritual substance of existence. We begin to understand the mystical or transcendental terms the Master used. "If thou knewest ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 8, The Spiritual Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:13- 128K
Find Similar Documents