Living The Infinite Way: Chapter Five, God as Law in Operation
- They do not realize that there is a law in operation much greater and more powerful than any law ever written into the statutes of any nation. I was thinking of this recently in connection with forgiveness. An occasion arose in which forgiveness was almost out of the question, and regardless of all the unfoldment and understanding that had been given through the writings of The Infinite Way, there seemed to be no way to bring forgiveness into this ... Probably every one of us has, in a measure, believed that some of our inharmonies and discords are due to other people, and right here is where we must bring the law of forgiveness into the picture. The first thing we ask ... Forgiveness is also a law of God. The Master made it very clear that we were to forgive even our enemies-those who hate us and persecute us, those who despitefully use us-and if necessary we were to forgive them seventy times seven! Here is a law of God, which every one of us has been violating. We have not forgiven our enemies, and certainly we have not forgiven seventy times seven. Forgiveness is one of the important ... some error in our experience, is due to someone else, either in the present, the past, or possibly in the future, and so we have violated the law of forgiveness. We cannot violate the law of God without suffering for it! ... As we study the Master's teaching in the Gospels, we find these laws of love and forgiveness and also the law of service. "For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, ... Therefore, the only way we can love God with our whole heart and soul, with our whole mind, body, and being, is by loving man. That love is made manifest not only in the service we give to man, the kindness and forgiveness, ... If we discover that we have not sufficiently kept the law of love or the law of forgiveness, we should not be too critical of ourselves, but acknowledge that that is where we have fallen down and, at this moment, recognize ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ve, God as Law in Operation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:55- 93K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 3, Meditation, the Door to Fulfillment
- ... If you cheat, steal from, or defraud another, which is certainly sowing to the flesh, that is what must inevitably return to you. But if you sow to the Spirit, if you permit love, justice, mercy, benevolence, and forgiveness to flow out from you, you reap life everlasting. It is the karmic law of ancient scripture. The bread that you cast on the waters returns to you. That is why you have to be careful not to send forth stale bread. Had we accepted the teaching of Jesus Christ on this score literally, we would have known hundreds of years ago that we dig our own graves by our conduct, by the atmosphere we carry with us, and by our attitude to others. What you do to others is the measure that returns to you pressed down and running over. You can think of it this way: the I of me is the I of you. When I take money from my pocket and give it to you, it is just as if I took it out of my right-hand pocket and put it into my left-hand pocket. It is earmarked for return, and usually with interest. The forgiveness that I ... Work, Not for a Living, But for the Joy of Serving With this assurance we can go out into the world, thinking only of how well we can do the job, of how many ways we can serve and be useful, whether to our employer or the public, of how many ways we can bless. If we can do nothing else, we can bring with us the power of forgiveness, so that wherever we see sin, disease, or death, we do not condemn but forgive. If we can do nothing else in our work, we can be a benediction at every step, by realizing, "God is with you. Immanuel, peace be unto this household. Peace be unto this business office. Peace be unto this customer. Peace be unto this client." Since supply is spiritual, we can give everybody an infinity of supply: a supply of life, gratitude, forgiveness, commendation, and a supply of peace on earth. Because we are the sons of God, we are heirs of God, heirs to all the heavenly riches. That is why we do not work merely for a living but for the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...on, the Door to Fulfillment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 11, Sowing and Reaping
- forgiveness, through praying for the enemy, through loving our neighbor as ourselves, through doing unto others as we would have them do unto us. Thereby we are sowing seeds of love and seeds of truth. In that sowing, the soil is being prepared for spiritual reaping, because with no devil to interfere and no God to give or withhold, we are going to reap what we have sown. Setting in Motion the Law of Love In Christian mysticism, this teaching is called the law of as-ye-sow-so-shall- ye-reap; in Oriental mysticism, it is called the law of karma. They both mean the same thing; the law of cause and effect. The cause that we set in motion through forgiveness ... The law came by Moses, but grace and truth came by the Christian dispensation of Christ Jesus. This means that at any moment that we repent, as we do in meditations of forgiveness, in retracting every bit of erroneous belief we have held about others, and in withdrawing from circulation all hate, envy, jealousy, malice, bias, ... Can you imagine the look in the eyes of the woman taken in adultery as she stood before her accusers, that look directed at the Master that demanded, asked for, and pleaded for understanding and forgiveness, even without saying a word? And the Master answered, "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more." 1 Just her look convinced the Master of her repentance, and the past was wiped out. Instantly! No period of sorrow, no period of grief, no period of going through Hades, but wiped out in a moment, because there was no condemnation, nor is there ever any condemnation from the Christ. There is forgiveness, and with it a warning: "Go, and sin no more." In ... You must find it by realizing that I in the midst of you is the Christ. Loving Restores US to the Divine Consciousness We have prayed spiritually when we have prayed the prayer of love, truth, and forgiveness; and in doing this, we have sown to the Spirit. We have made sure that now we will reap the Spirit. As we sow tonight, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 11, Sowing and Reaping.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:49- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter II, Karmic Law
- ... Eventually, this will be the universal relationship on earth, and the law of an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, the karmic law of punishment, will not be operative in our experience. The thoughts to which we give expression as human beings come back upon us because that is the nature of the karmic law of as ye sow, so shall ye reap, but God is not to blame for that. We have set in motion the karmic law, and that is what is returning to us. All of us by the very nature of having been born have been guilty of offenses of omission or commission and have therefore brought ourselves under the operation of karmic law. Naturally, then, the question arises: Can this karmic law be broken? Can it be ended? And the answer is, Yes. We can stop the operation of karmic law at any moment in our life when we recognize that we have set this law in motion by our own thoughts and deeds or by the acceptance of racial or religious or national consciousness, and then begin renouncing it. The way to break the karmic law is through repentance and by living constantly in an atmosphere of love and forgiveness. Then we are no longer human or mortal because we no longer harbor thoughts and deeds of mortality. From then on the only karma that comes into our experience is racial or national, and this, too, we must disavow in our own consciousness. If there were a war tomorrow and if we should be called to service, we must answer that call. We "render . . . unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's"-we must fulfill our obligations as citizens because if we do not do our part, we are only removing ourselves from that temporary trouble by compelling someone else to serve in our place and putting someone else in the position where we should be. This is far worse than ourselves accepting the call to service because at least in answering that call we can disavow the act and pray as earnestly for the enemy as for ourselves. We can pray for the freedom, safety, and security of the enemy and, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nce_ Chapter II, Karmic Law.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:36- 129K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 10, God Dominion: Not Man's Domination
- ... God proves to be a God of love by the ministry It sent forth through Christ Jesus. "I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me." 9 The will of the Father that Jesus sets forth is: "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give" 10 -not murder people, not call them home with disease and accidents, not inflict punishment such as being stoned to death, or the age-old law of an-eye-for-an- eye-and-a-tooth-for-a-tooth. The God, Jesus taught is love, but this God evidences that love through healing, through forgiving, even unto seventy times seven, those who are instruments for evil in any and every form. To every one of them the message is: Come unto Me; drop your burdens at My feet; let Me take upon Myself your burdens. Drop these burdens at My feet, for I am love, I am forgiveness, I am the bread, and the meat, and the wine, and the water. I am the resurrection. Our Sowing Determines ... I could forgive the woman taken in adultery; I could forgive the thief on the cross; I could forgive the boy born blind; I could forgive his adulterous parents; so I can forgive you. I in the midst of you can forgive you, because I am here in the midst of you that you might have life, and that you might have it more abundantly. Only obey My commandments: forgive those who persecute you; forgive those who wrong you; forgive them seventy times seven, even as I forgive you. Does not the Lord's prayer show us how to pray? "Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors." 16 We live the law of forgiveness as we want the law of forgiveness to operate for us. We live the law of love as we want the law of love to operate for us. Above all, let us recognize that I, God, is in the midst of us, and I am here that we might have life, and that we might have it more abundantly. I am here to feed you when you are hungry; I am here to heal you if you are sick, and to forgive you if you are in sin. I am here to lead ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...inion_ Not Man's Domination.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:24- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 16, Sowing to the Flesh
- ... Though your sins were scarlet, you are white as snow. Those persons of Germany who feel this way, as well as the government of Germany, are freed from punishment. It is not the punishment of God. God never punished them for any of their sins. The sowing had to bring forth reaping. Now with the sowing of a message of this nature, there is the reaping of what we call forgiveness, or release from punishment. Thereby a nation is set free. If you do not understand this law of karma, you will not understand the reasons not only for the sufferings of many Americans individually, but for the horrors of our government-the discords and disharmonies that it is suffering, the lack of ability to arrive at a solution to any major problem. ... Impartially I must find a way not only to educate my children, but to help educate the children of those who cannot afford that education. I must clothe not only my children; I must find a way to help in the clothing of those children whose parents have not awakened yet to their true identity. From me must pour forth supply! I must give it in the mundane things in life, and I must give it in the more spiritual things, the prayers. The prayers for the enemy, the forgiveness of those who offend. I must pray without ceasing. I must abide in the Word and let the Word abide in me. I must fulfill all that the Master reveals as constituting the Son of God, the Christ of God. If I am to declare myself to be the Son of God, or the Christ of God, I must act like it. I must not take the Name, I must not wear the Garment, and then not fulfill it. That is hypocrisy, that is spiritual wickedness in high places! If I call myself the Son of God, I must set aside my time for the practice of forgiveness, of praying for the enemy, of resisting not evil, of not taking up the sword, of not retaliating, of not using "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth." This is the beginning, then. If I know that the Law of supply is outgiving, outpouring, expressing, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 16, Sowing to the Flesh.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:23- 98K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter V, Sowing and Reaping
- CHAPTER V SOWING AND REAPING Most people of the world believe that the evils they experience have come upon them because of their sins of omission or commission. Essentially this is true. But because they also believe that God has inflicted these evils upon them as a punishment, they have been cheated of the opportunity of avoiding them in the future. As long as they believe that God, for any reason whatsoever, would sink a ship, let an airplane fall, or permit children or adults to be mangled, lost, drowned, or suffer disease, they cheat themselves of the opportunity of learning why these ills have come upon them, and what they can do to prevent them from touching their households. The sun, the moon, and the stars were certainly not given by God to the people of the earth as a reward for anything, nor were the silver and the gold, the platinum and the diamonds, the rubies and the sapphires in the bowels of the earth, nor the pearls and the immeasurable riches in the sea. All these are but the natural order of creation appearing in wondrous ways, but never given as a reward from God, nor withheld as a punishment. The real nature of God is to express Himself, to express His qualities, character, and nature as a harmonious universe. If we could but see this world without people, we might better be able to understand that it is a perfect creation of God, functioning harmoniously and operating continuously. Whatever problems arise, arise not from the world as such but from man himself. Acknowledging, then, that God is the creator of this universe, the maintainer and sustainer of it, and that God governs this universe perfectly, without any help, advice, or urging from man, we stop holding God responsible for our ills and turn within and ask ourselves, "What about error? What about evil? Whence come these, and how can we rid ourselves of them?" One of the first steps for anyone on the spiritual path is to learn that on the human level of life there is such a thing as ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter V, Sowing and Reaping.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:59- 125K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXXIII, The Inner Universe
- ... Therefore, an infinity of supply lies within you, but if you let your vision stray outside to the husband or wife who may seem to be the channel, to the position, the business, or the securities that may seem to be the avenue, you may be lost, for everyone on earth has found sometime or other that all outside reliances collapse. Whether you think of supply in terms of a supply of love, of home and companionship, a supply of opportunity and recognition, a supply of money, compensation, or reward, the supply is within you and must flow out from you, and you must live your realization of its omnipresence by beginning with a penny, if necessary, and giving it to some impersonal purpose. Supply is omnipresent within you; supply will never leave you, nor forsake you. You can never go any place where supply is not. You carry it with you just as you carry your integrity, your loyalty, and your fidelity. You cannot leave it behind because supply is spiritual: it is your awareness of God in the midst of you to be proved by beginning at once to give, share, and express it. If necessary, you have to give forgiveness: you have to sit down and search your thought and see what or whom there is on the face of the globe that you are holding in condemnation, criticism, or judgment, and forgive it or them. Forgive, forgive. God is infinite being, and God is the infinity of your individual being. Demonstrate this, prove it. Begin, in whatever way is open to you at this second, to let God's grace flow out from you. Do not pray that God's grace come to you: open out a way to let God's grace flow from you. There is a Presence within you that goes before you to "make the crooked places straight." Your realization of It releases It. There is a cement within you that cements your relationships with everybody in the whole world: your realization of that releases it. This world is governed from within. This world, this outer world, is governed from within. No flower blooms except by virtue of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... XXXIII, The Inner Universe.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 115K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 2, Neither Do I Condemn Thee
- ... The evil that we do is an evil against ourselves and results in the opposite of reward-punishment; but this also comes from within ourselves. Even if "man, whose breath is in his nostrils" 3 never discovers the evil deed, never brings us into court, never imprisons us, that which we are in secret knows what we are and it rewards us openly or punishes us openly. When Does Forgiveness Come? The reason the world rises in rebellion against the teaching of the one Self is that it makes every person amenable to himself; it makes him responsible to himself and for himself. It does not permit him the luxury of mouthing such platitudes as, "Oh, God will forgive us our sins." Nonsense! God never forgives our sins any more than God punishes our sins. The punishment for our sin lasts just as long as the sin lasts, because whatever is done, we do it to ourselves. We can forgive each other if we happen to be sufficiently good-natured or loving, but that does not exempt us from the punishment for our misdemeanors. No, regardless of how much we may forgive each other, there is no forgiveness. The only forgiveness is in returning to our Father's house, to our principle, and again living in harmony with that principle. It is pure fiction to believe in some God in heaven who is going to look down and forgive us ... We must rise to that place in consciousness where not only are there no evil human beings but where there also are no good human beings. Everyone takes his rightful place as a child of God. We have not forgiven the trespasses of the world as long as we say, "You are a good human being or you are an evil human being." We understand the nature of forgiveness only when we are able to look through the good and the evil and realize, "Thou art the child of God in whom He is well pleased." Making Peace with One Another It matters not what our sins are outwardly. They represent the generations which have lived with a sense of separation from God. Our sins and our poverty and our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Neither Do I Condemn Thee.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:33- 115K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 11, His Rain Falls
- ~ 11 ~ "HIS RAIN FALLS" Most thinking persons would be willing to admit that the majority of religious teachings of the world have not gone beyond seeking truth through the mind; but until you arrive at that place in consciousness where you realize that you never are going to find truth through the mind, you have not even begun your spiritual journey. Your journey begins only when you come to the realization that going on as you have been, you never are going to learn the truth-what lies behind this universe-because it is not to be known with the mind. Think back a few years in your experience and try to remember what it was that first brought you to the spiritual path. Was it primarily for a healing or for some other aspect of better humanhood? Or was it an actual desire, a search, a reaching out for Reality, for Truth, for God? Since that time, to what extent has your attitude changed? Do you realize that merely improving health or increasing the amount of your supply is insignificant in comparison with the goal of finding the mystery of that Life that is behind the appearance, behind what you see, hear, taste, touch, and smell? True, there are times when it is discouraging, because inevitably the realization comes: "Am I never going to discover God or Spirit? Is my search to be completely frustrating? What have I to look forward to?" Reaching that point may be a good start on your spiritual journey because you will have arrived at that place where you can say, "Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth," 1 and mean it, really mean that if God does not speak and if you do not hear what He says, there is going to be no answer. When you reach that place, it means that you have come to the end of faith and hope and any belief that the human mind is ever going to reveal spiritual truth to you. At that point in consciousness, you do know that God is not going to be revealed to you in the words that you read or the words that you hear. The only opportunity for God to be ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 11, His Rain Falls.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 133K
Find Similar Documents