A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XII, The Discovery of the Self
- ... If we are to find that Kingdom, therefore, we shall have to seek inside to find it, for that is where it is; and if we wish to show our love for God, we shall have to express love to one another because that is where we will find the God to love. If we want to serve God, we had better learn to serve one another, because only in that way can we serve the Father that sent you and me into expression. Every bit of love that we express is a love that is expressed to us. When we are expressing love impersonally to the downtrodden and abandoned people of the world, we are really expressing love to ourselves because the Self of those others is the Self of us. This is the Way: there is but one Self. I am that Self; and I am that Self even if I am appearing as you. I am that Self, even when I am appearing as the beggar or the thief. Is it not easy, then, to forgive, knowing that I am forgiving myself, that I am forgiving my own ignorance, forgiving my ignorance even when it appears as someone else? "Love is the fulfilling of the law." Therefore, love is the Way, and this means the love that I express, for I am the Way. I must express love, forgiveness, and patience; I must pray that the light of the world be revealed even in the darkest consciousness. I must do unto others as I would have others do unto me, because the I of me is the I of the other: we are one. The Self of me is the Self of you, because there is only one Self, and this is God's Self. This is oneness; this is divine sonship. The spiritual way of life is a recognition of oneness, sonship. The Way brings the recognition that the I of me and the I of you are one and the same I. The I AM that I am is the I AM that you are, because this is the I AM that God is, and God is the I AM which is the I AM of you and the I AM of me. Therefore, the recognition of I AM-ness is the Way. It is some measure of this realization that enables us to live as if I am you and you are the I that I am, and therefore we are one; and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Discovery of the Self.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:00- 116K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXXII, Address the World Silently with Peace
- ... How few of us realize the importance of the forgiving consciousness! Does not everyone carry with him the memory of some sin of omission or commission which, if he could, he would recall or undo? Do we not all have at least some small feeling of guilt? Are we not always hoping for our own forgiveness and trying to forgive ourselves, and often finding that very hard to do? That is why it is so necessary that each one of us develops the forgivingness side of his consciousness, so that everyone who ... What a blessing it is, when faced with a sense of guilt, to come into the presence of a person whose mind is not filled with criticism, judgment, and condemnation, but who understands, forgives and forgives, and whose gentleness is such that no thought enters his mind of any harsh nature! This is having that mind which was in Christ Jesus, and as we rise to that state of consciousness, everyone who comes within range of our consciousness feels what the world calls love. Forgiveness is an ... Silently and secretly, we shall find ourselves looking at every member of our household and rejoicing in the truth: "I know thee now who thou art. The life of God is your life; the Christ-life is your life"; and soon there will be changes in the mind and in the body of everyone around us. Now we are becoming the center from which this light is flowing, the center through which forgiveness, understanding, and truth will begin to pour. Then, as we read or learn of this mass hysteria, whether it is ... Once we can really see this, we become, not only the light unto our world, but the life unto our world. We resurrect our neighbor from the tomb of the belief that he has a life of his own and that it is in danger. We become the source of the peace that passes understanding; we become the source of forgiveness; we become the comforter, None of us was born just for the purpose of living threescore years and ten, twenty, or thirty, accomplishing something for ourselves or for our families, and then ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e World Silently with Peace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: July 27, 1963, Nothing Can Be Added
- NOTHING CAN BE ADDED July 27, 1963 Infinite Way Study Center "OF THOSE WHO HA VE MUCH, much will be demanded." 1 It is inevitable that you who have had as much work with me as you have had, much will be expected. As visitors from different parts of the world come to Hawaii, they must naturally look upon you and wonder how much further along you are than other students of the world. In what way is that manifest? What have you to show forth, and what have you received? What great fruitage are you showing forth? It is inevitable that from all over the world, people look at me and wonder in what way I am showing forth this truth and in what way my family is showing it forth. So it is asked-and more and more it will be asked, "In what way is this shining forth in the experience of the students who are receiving so much?" You must be prepared for this because it is natural. In order to bring forth spiritual fruitage it is necessary that you thoroughly understand what it is you are trying to show forth. There must be no question in your own mind. In the ordinary religious life, the student is always seeking something. It is true they are seeking it of God, but this is not at all true in the mystical life. In the mystical life it is a continuous realization that "I already am." I am not going anywhere, nor am I going to attain more of God than I have, more of good than I have. I am rather "abiding in the Word." What Word? "All that the Father hath is mine. I am all that God is." In other words, sooner or later you must come to the realization that God has fulfilled itself in you-not today and not tomorrow and not since you have studied The Infinite Way. "Before Abraham was, I am you; I am the fulfillment of you. Before Abraham was, I have come in the midst of you, that you might be fulfilled. I am come that you might have life and that you might have life more abundant." 2 It was true about you "before Abraham was"-not after you read a certain amount of books. This message ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 1963, Nothing Can Be Added.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:14- 102K
Find Similar Documents
Practicing the Presence: Chapter VII, Meditation
- CHAPTER VII MEDITATION To him that hath shall be given . . . love the Lord thy God with all thy heart . . . love thy neighbor as thyself . . . I and my Father are one": These are important principles for any aspirant on the spiritual path. But how are these principles to be realized? It is one thing to state what is, but it is another thing to achieve it or accomplish it. Granted that there is this Father within of whom Jesus spoke, this Christ through which we can do all things, how then do we individually achieve the experience of the Christ, that is, how do we bring that divine Presence into our affairs? That is the important point. In The Infinite Way, the age-old theme of meditation and inner communion is emphasized, the practice of which enables a person to come out and be separate -whether he is sitting reverently in a church, whether he has retired to some quiet corner of his own home, or whether he is basking in the sunshine of a garden -and, forgetting the things of this world, to turn within and make contact with his inner forces, with that which we call God, the Father within, the Christ. The experience of the Christ is a present possibility; the way to that experience is through meditation. Far too many aspirants to the spiritual way of life know the letter of truth and are satisfied to stop there. "I and my Father are one" is the correct letter of truth. Does repeating these words or does an intellectual knowledge of them help us in any way? How often do we say: "I am God's perfect child; I am spiritual; I am divine"; and then find that we are just as poor as we were before, or in just as much trouble. These are only statements. It is similar to sitting in a dark room and saying over and over again, "Electricity gives light." That is a correct statement, but we shall still be sitting in the dark until, by turning on the switch, a connection is made with the source of electricity. So nothing is going to happen to us, regardless of how many affirmations ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ce_ Chapter VII, Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:02- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 8, The Way of Grace
- ~ 8 ~ THE WAY OF GRACE In the metaphysical world, the attention given the subject of supply is almost equal to the attention given the subject of health. Sometimes, however, spiritual freedom in the area of supply is not as easily attained as is freedom in the area of health. But because the basic truth about health is also the truth about supply, there should be no difference in attaining the consciousness of either supply or health. Nevertheless there seems to be; and often it is not easy to convince the human mind of the ever-availability of supply. A person may have been on the metaphysical path ten, twenty, or thirty years, but when the thought of supply comes to his mind, with it comes the thought of money, also, because to him supply and money are synonymous. Of course, they are not the same at all, but because they seem to be the same to the human mind, it is difficult to separate the one from the other. Contrary to all human belief, supply is the word of God, and unless we are receiving the word of God, we are not receiving supply. "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." 1 Bread alone does not suffice. No, we live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. Daily we pray for bread, but not for baker's bread. We pray for the bread that is the word of God, and the way in which we receive it is to open our consciousness to receive that Word which is the bread of life, the meat, the wine and the water. Anyone who believes that he is going to be fed permanently and abundantly by any other means than by receiving the word of God has entirely missed the way. No matter how much money a person might temporarily have, without the word of God he does not have supply: he merely has money, and it has been truly said that money has wings. Receptivity to God's Grace, Essential We do not live by money but by the grace of God, and that Grace is already within our consciousness because God constitutes our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 8, The Way of Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:11- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: April 19, 1964, Experience God
- EXPERIENCE GOD April 19, 1964 Between Two Worlds Honolulu, Hawaii WE ARE GOING to continue the subject "Between Two Worlds" and so, in your meditation, let thought go into that period between two worlds and see what kind of an unfoldment you can be aware of. The secret of the two worlds is buried within your own consciousness and, regardless of how much I may tell you about it, you still will not know it until you have received confirmation, instruction, or inspiration on it from within your Self. Please remember this: This Infinite Way message is unique in that it does not teach you to rely on the teaching, the books, or the revelator. The Infinite Way has a teacher and books and teachings only for the purpose of leading you back to the kingdom of God within your Self, so that you may be taught of God. Always remember that the world has lost truth because the followers of religious teachings have begun to let the Buddha or Jesus Christ or Paul carry on for them. Even in modern teachings there has been the acknowledgment that Mrs. Eddy and Mrs. Fillmore and Ernest Holmes were God- inspired, and then their followers took the attitude of sitting at the feet of the Master. To be instructed is right and as it should be, but you must not plan to spend your life there. The major problem in my personal life is that of trying to avoid any relationship between my students and myself or the students of our teachers, whereby the individual begins to believe that we are God-inspired and so "let us sit and partake of his or her light." That is good up to a certain point, but remember that we in The Infinite Way are not trying to develop a following, nor are we trying to develop fame or fortune. I at least, and some of the teachers who have learned from me, are trying (sometimes even against the pressure of students) to bring to you the awareness that you have just as much access to the kingdom of God as we have. If you want to heal, you can do as much as any of us have done. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...il 19, 1964, Experience God.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:06- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: August 5, 1963, The Nature of Spiritual Prayer
- THE NATURE OF SPIRITUAL PRAYER August 5, 1963 Honolulu Infinite Way Center GOOD EVENING. In an age like the present one, which seems dedicated to destroying the value of the individual and turning him into a mass, a herd, a horde, and making the individual a nonentity, ours are activities dedicated wholly to revealing the identity and the dignity and the magnitude of the individual. The Infinite Way is one of these activities and has for its basis: "I and my Father are one 1 . . . The place whereon I stand is holy ground." 2 There are other activities which are beginning to assert the value and the dignity of the individual, but The Infinite Way is approaching the subject from the religious standpoint-not from the standpoint of a religion, but from the standpoint of religion itself. The knowledge of God reveals the infinite nature of individual man. Since "I and my Father are one . . . He that seeth me seeth him that sent me." 3 That is how sacred the individual is. He is the showing forth of God; he is that place in consciousness where God shines through. This late in the 20th century, only mass hypnotism could hide from the world the tremendous scope of the life and the activity of Lao-Tzu of China, yet there are many people in the world who are aware of the fact that Lao-Tzu gave the world one of its great spiritual teachings. Likewise, there are few in the world who do not know the Buddha, and hundreds of millions throughout the world live by the words of the Buddha, and hundreds of millions live by the words of the Christ. Christ Jesus was only one Hebrew rabbi among many, yet he was remembered and revered because of his recognition of his individual Selfhood and of the power that conferred upon him. "My words shall not pass away," 4 not the words of the whole synagogue and not the words of the Roman emperors, but "my words"-the words of a simple Hebrew rabbi walking up and down the Holy Land. When we think of electric lights, phonographs, and moving pictures ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Nature of Spiritual Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:08- 100K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: June 30, 1963, Discovering the Soul
- DISCOVERING THE SOUL June 30, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. When we first come to a spiritual study it is only because some circumstance or condition of our life is in need of adjustment. We have not found the completeness of life, happiness, health, or some other aspect of fulfillment, and we are seeking the missing link. In other words, we are always wanting improvement in the human affairs of our existence. During your Infinite Way study you will find some degree of improvement in your human life, but I can assure you that you never will find all that you are seeking humanly. It does not lie within the nature of a spiritual teaching to give you all of the human good things you think you would like. In some avenues of your life you will experience improved health, increased supply, or some other form of human happiness, but you will not find the completeness that you expected. About the time you actually realize that it never is going to happen, you will likewise perceive the reason, which is that you have been praying amiss. You have been trying to patch up or improve this human existence and that is not the function of any spiritual message. From the message of every mystic it is very clear that the object of the spiritual path is that we may die to the human experience and be reborn of the spirit. We learn that the spiritual kingdom, the real kingdom, the mystical kingdom is not of this world, not even when this world is healthy, wealthy, and wise. On the mystical path we learn that there is a goal. This goal is not the metaphysical goal of better health, a nicer home, a better car, and more companionship. The goal is releasing the Soul from the tomb of human existence, more especially the tomb of the human mind. In your periods of introspection or contemplation check to see to what extent you are imprisoned in your mind and body. Notice how little you know except what is in your mind or body, and then you will realize that all human experience ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 1963, Discovering the Soul.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:16- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: September 30, 1963, An Eternal Relationship
- AN ETERNAL RELATIONSHIP September 30, 1963 Honolulu Infinite Way Study Center GOOD EVENING. You have an opportunity now to prove a major principle of The Infinite Way. Incidentally, reading about these principles or studying these principles is not of too much importance unless, in addition to the reading and the studying, you actually put them into practice, until you demonstrate principle by principle and very often one at a time. We have been together for ten months and we have seen a lot of each other. We have been in each other's consciousness and we have experienced a great deal of love, friendship, sharing, companionship, and truth. Now it would appear that we will be separated for a while. This always brings up feelings of sorrow or regret or sadness or some other negative emotion, and if you look at the situation humanly you might experience a day or two of sorrow. However, if you look at the situation spiritually, it really presents a tremendous opportunity. What you have experienced of me is my consciousness of truth. You have brought yourself to me, but not physically. You have brought your self to my consciousness. Therefore I have been in your consciousness and you have been in my consciousness and what we have experienced of each other is this consciousness, this spiritual companionship. If you have been receptive and responsive to what has taken place, you have benefitted by having been lifted higher into consciousness. Never forget this: I too have benefitted, because in the kingdom of God there is no such thing as a one- way traffic. In the kingdom of God there is a union. In the kingdom of God there is a oneness. In the kingdom of God there is a unitedness. Therefore, there has been a flow of consciousness among us and between us-from me to you and from you to me. If this were not so, if there was no receptivity on your part, the flow could not move out from within me because there would be nothing to draw it. It is for this reason that all of The ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...63, An Eternal Relationship.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:22- 108K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 15, The New Discipleship
- ~ 15 ~ THE NEW DISCIPLESHIP There must come a time in the experience of every seeker when he no longer tries to gain anything for himself but rather tries to help reveal this Christ that he has beheld to those now seeking it who have not yet seen it. All those who are teachers or leaders have in a measure beheld the Christ, and the only reason they have turned to teaching or to the healing ministry is to reveal that Christ to the rest of the world. That is the function of everyone on this path. But it is not through the human mind that the revelation comes. There must be a deeper intuition, a deeper consciousness that says to us: "I behold the Christ. I behold the Christ, even though the world tried to crucify and place it in a tomb, put a stone there, and seal that tomb. Yet I see the Christ walking the streets." That is inner vision; that is spiritual vision; and that is the vision necessary for a complete and an utter reliance on the Christ. Nothing less will bring about healing, but when we have that, the Christ performs its function in the consciousness of both the teacher and the student. We cannot go out and give to the world what we have found of spiritual healing or spiritual living by talking or preaching it. The offering of the wine, the water, and the meat must be done gently and sparingly, permitting the other person to come in his own good time to his spiritual good. We cannot through preaching save the world, even though we have a principle that could and would save the world if the world could accept it. What we can give to the world, however, is our demonstration of God. By our fruits not only will we be judged, but will we create a hunger in the world for what we have: not by offering it to others, but by letting them see how we bear witness to it. If our faces show forth just a little bit of the glory of God, if our lives attest to the fact that we have found a principle to live by, then we may be assured that in the years to come we will reap ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 15, The New Discipleship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:42- 105K
Find Similar Documents