I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 7, A Lesson On Grace
- Chapter Seven A Lesson On Grace Many persons turn to truth primarily for the purpose of finding a way to solve their human problems and then proceed to measure their spiritual progress by how many problems they do not have. This is a false measuring rod, although there undoubtedly does come a time when the complete absence of problems may mean spiritual demonstration or harmony attained. Jesus attained that after the Crucifixion and the Resurrection. Too many students, however, are trying to attain it before the crucifixion and before the demonstration of resurrection. It cannot be accomplished. It must be understood clearly that the demonstration over the beliefs of what we call the human or carnal mind must be made before complete liberation can be attained. It is always a cause for rejoicing, therefore, when we are presented with problems and are able to resolve them. There was a time when I dreamed of having $100,000. I wanted that amount because the income from it would make me independent, and then I could be a practitioner without any worries. The day I became a practitioner I had exactly $250 in the world, and no human way of getting any more. That has been my salvation because now when I speak about demonstrating supply, I am not speaking from some textbook I have read or even passed an examination on. I am speaking from the experience of having proved the principle of supply. When I speak about health, I am not speaking from the pages of a book that I have read. I am speaking out of personal experience. In 1921 I was given three months to live by physicians in St. Luke's Hospital in New York City, and many years later I was given only a few hours to live. So twice I have come back from the experience of imminent death, and both times through spiritual demonstration. What I have not experienced myself, I have experienced in the lives of my patients and students. Almost every problem of human existence has come to my experience directly or indirectly, and in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 7, A Lesson On Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:37- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 9, Principle of Treatment
- CHAPTER 9 PRINCIPLE OF TREATMENT To receive or give treatment, you must consciously know and apply the principles of Truth. In order to do this, you must first establish dominion over your mind and your body. Dominion over Mind and Body We identify ourselves as "I." There is an "I," Joel; an "I," Mary; an "I," Bill-an "I," whatever your name is. But "I" is neither your body nor your mind. Your body and your mind are not the "I" of your being. They are merely the instruments through which you perform your functions on earth. Your mind is the instrument through which the "I" of your being thinks, reasons, knows, and makes decisions and judgments. It is used for any purpose of awareness. Your body, on the other hand, is the physical instrument, which takes its orders from you (the "I") through your mind. For example, when I wish to raise my hand, "I," Joel, through my mind give that order to my hand and my hand obeys. "I" govern my mind, and my mind instructs my body. Therefore, "I" have dominion over both my mind and my body. But suppose I do not exercise that dominion, which was given to me by God in the very beginning? If "I" exerted no control over my mind but let it make its own judgments, or if "I" let my body control its own conduct, I would be in all kinds of trouble, as are those who have not learned to accept and exercise their dominion. Your mind and your body, as well as dominion over them, were given to you, and you must learn to exercise that dominion. When you sit in meditation, your mind does not wish to be still and come under control-not because it has a will of its own but because it is accustomed to doing what it wants if you have not been assuming dominion over it. The mind is much like some horses I have ridden, which did not acknowledge my control one bit! They just took me where they wanted to go because I did not know how to assume dominion over them, and so they had their way with me! So the mind has its own way with us unless we learn to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 9, Principle of Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 100K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 11, Awake Thou That Sleepest
- ... Just multiply the human relationship existing between almost any two persons, and then you will find of what the human world consists, and you will also know that there is no solution to these cleavages on the human plane because always one will be seeing what his rights are, and the other will be seeing his rights. One will be seeing his privileges, and the other will be seeing the other's duties, and so there is no coming together. The solution lies in spiritual means. As you begin to see that "man, whose breath is in his nostrils" is not a reality or an evil but an illusion, and that actually there stands the Christ, as you begin to understand the spiritual nature of individual being, you will begin to see a change in relationships, even if in the beginning it is only on the side of the one who has caught the first glimpse of spiritual light. Then you will find less antagonism, less greed, less anger, less fault-finding, and less of the negative qualities of humanhood. It would be an utter impossibility for one individual to live consistently in a consciousness of love and forgiveness and not have the other eventually respond in some measure-or be removed and leave room for someone else to come in, in harmony, in peace, with the new dimension, the Christ. When you see this universe from the standpoint of Christ as individual being, when you look through the appearance to the reality, letting every opinion, thought, and conviction stem from God, then the world will begin to come to you in this new dimension, perhaps not entirely because there still is plenty of hardened thought in the world, but that is not your concern. Your concern is that you begin, and since you and I are of the household of God, and we have caught a glimpse, at least, of true being, we are the ones who must do this in our own way. The truth is that we have no choice in the matter. We are the ones who must do it, and we are the ones who must continue to do it because of the measure of grace ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...1, Awake Thou That Sleepest.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 10, Call No Man Your Father Upon the Earth
- ... You have merely accepted that God from someone's teaching, and now that you have put yourself under that God, you sit around waiting for your rewards, which somehow do not come in this world, and you wait for your punishments, and they seem to come twice a day. But then you are more expectant of the punishment than you are of the rewards. Those are images you have made in your mind. You subject yourself to all kinds of man-made laws, but when you remove yourself from man-made laws and bring yourself under Grace, you then understand what the Master meant when he said, "If any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also," 12 meaning that if someone takes your diamonds, give him your rubies, too. In other words, "The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof," 13 and it is yours by Grace. If someone is ignorant of that and takes what belongs to you, do not fear, it will be replaced because "the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof," and it all belongs to you. Once you give up the protection of man-made law, you come under Grace. Once you give up the law of an-eye-for-an-eye and a-tooth-for-a-tooth, you come under the Grace of forgiveness, but this comes only as a transition in consciousness. You are under the law as long as you are holding somebody else to that law. When you bind another, you have bound yourself; when you free another, you have freed yourself. Consider how many man-made laws you have accepted for yourself and for others. Do not wonder that you are under the law and do not think that you can come under Grace while holding somebody else in bondage to the law. You are under Grace when you free all persons from being under the law, holding no one in bondage but acknowledging your Christhood and theirs. A Life of Grace Has No Needs "Call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." 14 God is your Father; therefore you are the Christ, the son of God. Tell me, what is there ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Your Father Upon the Earth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:54- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 10, Start the Flow to God
- Chapter Ten Start the Flow to God Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days. Ecclesiastes 11:1 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. Matthew 13:12 The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof. Psalm 24:1 Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine. Luke 15:31 The kingdom of God is within you. Luke 17:21 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ. Romans 8:16,17 The above quotations indicate that you now have the fullness of the God-head bodily; you have all that God has. It may not appear that way looking out with the eyes, hearing with the ears, tasting, touching, or smelling with the physical senses. It may not appear at first to the physical senses that you have all that God has or even a little bit of it. It may even appear that you lack something. But you are not to judge by appearances. You are to judge righteous or spiritual judgment, and spiritual judgment, that is, spiritual discernment, reveals that all that God is you are. All that the Father has is yours. All that God is, you individually are. Allness The allness of God is made manifest as the allness of the son. God is both the Father and the Son: God, the Father, God, the Son. When you acknowledge your sonship, you are knowing the truth, and the truth will make you free, free from discordant appearances or experiences. But the truth you must know is that nothing can be added to you, that you cannot get anything, you cannot achieve anything, and you cannot demonstrate anything because all that the Father has is already yours. The life of God is your life; therefore, your life is eternal. The mind of God is your mind; therefore, you have infinite intelligence. God, the Soul, is your individual soul; therefore, you are as pure as God. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 10, Start the Flow to God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:13- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter I, What Is Spiritual Heating?
- CHAPTER I WHAT IS SPIRITUAL HEALING? The world is not in need of a new religion, nor is the world in need of a new philosophy: What the world needs is healing and regeneration. The world needs people who, through devotion to God, are so filled with the Spirit that they can be the instruments through which healings take place, because healing is important to everybody. Until the last century, healing had been considered largely the prerogative of the medical profession; but in recent years, so many churches have turned their attention to this subject that today the healing of mind, body, and personal relationships is beginning to be considered as much the function of the church as of the doctor's office. Churches are opening their doors to discussions of the possibility of healing through prayer and other means. Other organizations are being formed for the purpose of engaging in research and in promoting the study and practice of various forms of healing, ranging all the way from spiritual healing to psychological and psychic healing. More and more, spiritual healing is being discussed and practiced. It looks as if within the next half century or so, materia medica will have found a remedy for almost every physical disease now known, and there will then be little need of metaphysical practitioners as far as the healing of physical disease is concerned. That, however, will not solve life's problems; it will not solve the problems of the world because the world's problem is not really a problem of disease. Disease is only one of the many facets of inharmony and discord in life. Advances in medicine will not eliminate the need for spiritual healing because, even with 100 per cent success in physical healing, I do not believe that such healing will ever succeed in revealing man's Soul to him. That will be the function of the practitioner of spiritual healing. Man will find that even when all physical, mental, moral, or financial discords have been eliminated there will ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... What Is Spiritual Heating_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:31- 109K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 3, The Real Self
- ~ 3 ~ THE REAL SELF Whatever of truth we have is mind expressing itself, and mind always places itself where it can best serve mankind. "Christ, or the spiritual idea, appeared to human consciousness as the man Jesus." 1 This Christ is the healer. It appears to human consciousness as man or woman, but it is, nevertheless, the Christ, or spiritual idea, regardless of appearances. "Judge not according to the appearance." 2 Do you see? All that I have or am is mind appearing to human consciousness as a person. This is true of all, and the recognition of this truth is your Christ and my Christ. Error claims to appear as a sick, poor, dying, sinning, ungrateful person, but it is neither person, place, nor thing; it is illusion, claim, or belief, regardless of whatever form it may seem to assume. Man is never the belief or the claimant. Therefore, man has never had a belief. That which appears as man is Christ, and is joyous, successful, harmonious, incorporeal, eternal, immortal, universal. It is not so much the thoughts you think that will have healing power, but what ideas of mind you can become receptive to. This is the Word of God, and it will do all that you expect of it. In other words, sit quietly and listen to the "still, small voice," knowing that mind will reveal a truth which will cause even the dead to rise. The necessary truth to bring this about is within your consciousness. It is the "Father within"; in fact, this truth is your consciousness-the consciousness that "constructs a better body" as you trust it. In Jesus' parable of the servants and the talents given them by their master, he says, "For unto every one that hath shall be given and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath." 3 And so it is with us, until we utilize every bit of truth we possess, we will lose even that which we believe we have. Also, from him that hath much is expected. You have learned much of truth, and if you lay it aside it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s_ Chapter 3, The Real Self.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:40- 102K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 20, Purifying the Mind
- ~ 20 ~ PURIFYING THE MIND Good evening. As far as I can remember, this is the first class I have ever conducted about which I can truthfully say I'm sorry to see come to a close tonight. Saturday night has usually been the most glorious night in the world for me, and after Saturday night I could dance in the streets. There is a very definite reason for feeling this way tonight. I believe that for the first time in all the classwork that's been going on since 1947, the principles of the Infinite Way have been understood. I have never felt that way before. You see, truth is universal. In mystical truth there is no such thing as an original idea. But the major principles of the Infinite Way, the healing principles, are an unfoldment that have never before appeared in religious literature of any nature, whether mystical, orthodox, or metaphysical. I have never been able to convey that before because students were either listening to me through their Christian Science background, their Unity background, or their mental science background, and so they were not able to clearly understand and grasp these specific principles. I know that if these principles had been practiced and demonstrated by our students, we would have practitioners in every city in the world. The only reason we haven't is because these specific principles have not been grasped, have not been understood and practiced, and therefore could not be demonstrated. Now I don't say this in a complaining sense because it is perfectly natural. Every one of us have received teachings which we more or less accepted as divine authority. It makes no difference how mistaken those teachings may be, we find it impossible to dislodge them from our thought, our conditioned mind. In every message that embraces either mental or spiritual healing, we address the individual, and in doing this we personalize error. You either call the patients by their name, or you address them as "you," and you seek to uncover the error in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 20, Purifying the Mind.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:52- 127K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 12, The Religion of Mysticism
- ... In living the truly Christ life, the spiritual or mystical life, the motivating and guiding impulse of our experience must be that of love. We must develop ourselves to the point where we hold no one in judgment, and where we entertain no feeling of separation from our fellow-man. This does not mean that we will not have individual opinions, nor does it mean that we will agree with some teaching which our intelligence cannot accept. It does not mean giving up our individuality, or our sense of right or wrong, but it does mean that by giving up our sense of judgment we permit each man to go his own way and to follow his own convictions. But we must love him just the same, seeing that the basic spiritual principle is God. In other words, despite any disagreement on the human level of life let us understand, within ourselves, that we are one in Christ, regardless of race, color, national, political or religious affiliations or convictions. Whatever we or others do that does not conform to this standard must not bring forth criticism, judgment or condemnation, but in every case forgiveness. As the Master might have said, "Neither do I condemn thee nor sit in judgment upon thee-who made me a judge over anyone?" So by closing our eyes to the physical appearance we can agree that, spiritually, we are one with each other; we are one with every individual on the face of the globe because of our Sonship in God, our Brotherhood in Christ. In that consciousness of love in which there is neither judgment, criticism nor fear, all sense of opposition to error fades, and in fading, all discord fades with it because discord is nothing more nor less than a false sense entertained within our own being. This false sense is not one for which we are necessarily responsible, because every one who has ever been born is a victim of universal belief until, through some activity of his own consciousness, he begins to understand that God is the creative principle of his being. He begins to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Religion of Mysticism.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:55- 122K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 4, The Nature of Error
- ~ 4 ~ THE NATURE OF ERROR God is all, but nevertheless, every day and almost every hour of every day we are faced with error in some form, and if we are to be free of these errors, it is necessary for us to understand the nature of error. Eventually in our meditation, we will become so consciously one with God that error will never come near us; it will fade away automatically even as we approach it. Until that time, however, let us not hesitate or fear to talk about the nature of error and what to do about it when we see evidences of it. Everyone, regardless of what branch of metaphysics he has studied, has accepted, if only intellectually, the unreal nature of error. Therefore, in the working out of problems it becomes necessary for us to gain as much understanding as possible of the unreal nature of error so that it can be met and dissolved instantaneously. Error Is Never a Person, Place, Thing, or Condition Always when error appears to us, it appears as a person, place, thing, or condition. It may appear as disease, that is, as some kind of a localized condition, and that is what fools us. We go to work on the condition, and thereby make it a reality. Error never appears as error: It always appears in some form that will ensnare the unwary. If error would only appear as error, all of us would be free. If it would only say to us, "Steal a diamond ring," or, "Commit adultery," we would be so safe from it, because we would never succumb to such temptations. But it never appears in such ways. It always appears as a brilliant diamond attracting us, as a strong, handsome man or a beautiful, alluring woman tempting us. And we do not realize that that apparently desirable form is error. All that we see is the beautiful form that error has assumed, that error appears to be, that error appears as. The metaphysician who is wise and alert, however, will not only recognize that error always appears as person, place, thing, or condition, but that good also appears as person, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 4, The Nature of Error.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:17- 119K
Find Similar Documents