The Infinite Way: The Christ
- ... We realize that whatever of good comes to us is the direct result of our own understanding of the nature of our own being. Our understanding of spiritual life unfolds in proportion to our receptivity to Truth, not praying up to God, but letting God unfold and reveal Itself to us. This is the higher concept of prayer. It is achieved as we take a few minutes now and then during the day and evening to meditate, commune, listen. In quietness, we become a state of receptivity which opens the way for us to feel or become aware of the very presence of God. This feel, or awareness, is the activity of God, Truth, in our consciousness - it is the Christ, the Reality of us. Ordinarily we live in a world of sense and concern ourselves only with the objects of sense. This gives us our experiences of good and evil, pain and pleasure. As we, through our study and meditation, turn more to the mental side of life, we find that we develop higher thoughts and, therefore, we experience better conditions. As our mental qualities become more refined and we take on more patience, kindness, charitableness, and forgiveness, our human experiences reflect these qualities back to us. But let us not stop there. Higher even than the plane of body and mind, there is the realm of Soul, the kingdom of God. Here we find the reality of our being, our divine nature - not that body and mind are separate or apart from Soul, but that Soul is the deepest recess of our being. In the realm of Soul, we find complete tranquility, absolute peace, harmony, and dominion. Here we find neither good nor evil, pain nor pleasure - only the joy of being. We are in the world, but not of it because we no longer see the world of sense as it appears to be but, having awakened our spiritual sense, we "see him as he is" - we see through appearances to the Real. Heretofore, we have sought our happiness in the objective universe, in person, place, or thing. Now, through spiritual sense, Soul-sense, the whole world tends to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Infinite Way_ The Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:15- 98K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter V, Transcending Mind
- CHAPTER V TRANSCENDING MIND In the beginning, there was only one state of consciousness, the spiritual, but ever since the so-called Fall, man has been divided into three states of consciousness -the material, mental, and spiritual. Spiritual consciousness, when made flesh, is the perfect, immortal body, but few of all the billions of people who have lived on this planet have achieved spiritual consciousness, very few. Instead, throughout countless generations of humanhood, the world has been living in a material and mental state of consciousness, and for the most part, all that has been known is a material sense of the world, a world in which men make their living by the sweat of their brow and in which everything they do is done by physical or mental means. Even today the world has not risen too far above that physical sense of a universe, despite the fact that in this last century more of the mental has been revealed, although revealed primarily in the sense of the mental governing the physical. Out of that has come what is known as the science of right thinking, designed to manipulate the human scene. For example, if a person does not have a home, all he has to do is to catch hold of the right thought and the home appears, or if he does not have a satisfactory companion, just a little right thinking, and the old companion vanishes and a new one appears! If he suffers from some physical discord, just a little bit of right thinking, holding the "right thoughts," and lo and behold, the diseased body disappears and the harmonious body appears in its place. Even when this sort of mental therapy is effective, and it often is, those using this technique are still left with a physical universe-a physical body, a physical companion, a physical anything subject to the laws of good and evil-and the very next day it is possible for the discords and inharmonies to begin all over again. One part of the body is healed, and then another one speaks up; the problem of supply is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter V, Transcending Mind.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:38- 112K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 5, Evolving States of Consciousness
- ~ 5 ~ EVOLVING STATES OF CONSCIOUSNESS There is an invisible substance or essence called Consciousness, which can be experienced, but never defined or analyzed. It has a meaning beyond that found in any dictionary, a meaning that we can comprehend only through our spiritual awareness or powers of discernment. Consciousness is not only eternal and omnipresent but It is our individual consciousness or awareness, the substance, cause, and law of individual being. That Consciousness is so infinite that It fills all space, not merely on earth, beneath the earth, and in heaven, but It is the consciousness of the entire universe, from everlasting to everlasting, without beginning and without end: unconditioned, eternal, immortal Being. This unconditioned Consciousness functioned in Its fullness in the beginning. We were the expression of that functioning, and our experience was wholly pure, immortal, and eternal. There was no sin in it, no disease, no death, no lack, and no limitation. It was a pure state of spiritual being. At some time in the history of mankind, man lost his divine heritage, that is, he became unaware of it. It is described in Scripture as the Adamic experience. Adam and Eve, symbolic figures, represent the human race which accepted a belief in two powers, a power of good and a power of evil, and by accepting that belief they were driven out of the Garden of Eden and became separated from their Source, God-consciousness. That is the belief, but nothing really can separate anyone from infinite divine harmony. As a result of the sense of separation that sprang up, symbolized by Adam and Eve being cast out of the Garden of Eden, we find a mortal concept being entertained in the form of two sons. These two sons were the mortal concepts of the human race-one good and one evil. With that concept, the human race went deep down into degradation, into the lowest form of human life, even cannibalism in some places, with murder a natural accompaniment of this low ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ing States of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:23- 106K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 11, Self-Purification, the Way to the Mystical Consciousness
- Chapter Eleven Self-Purification, the Way to the Mystical Consciousness Throughout the history of the world, there have been some few hundred persons who by the grace of God have received spiritual illumination to a sufficient extent for them to be considered mystics. There also have been a few thousand persons or possibly tens of thousands who by the grace of God have received a touch of the Spirit but, because they did not understand or grasp the meaning or significance of it when it came, could never again regain it or have the experience repeated. These represent one of the saddest elements of society. It is not necessary for a person to go through life without illumination however, because with an understanding of the truth of being and a consistent living with the principles, the spiritual centers are opened, and it is possible for anyone who earnestly turns to a spiritual teaching to receive a tremendous measure of light. The degree of that illumination varies with the individual and with the use he makes of it after he receives it. Impersonalization Illumination is possible only in proportion to our realization of the nature of God as omnipresence and infinity, thereby enabling us to look upon any and every form of discord not as a condition or a person but as a mental imposition, a malpractice, a temptation, a state of hypnotism, a nothingness. It is virtually impossible to receive spiritual light or illumination and to attain the heights possible through meditation when the mind is divided against itself. If we entertain the belief that God can do something to or for something or somebody, our mind is a house divided against itself. As long as we entertain a belief in two powers, illumination is impossible because that is the barrier that separates us from being that man who has his being in Christ. We think of each other as having certain qualities, some good and some bad, some spiritual and some material. That is the barrier. We cannot deny that some of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... the Mystical Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:37- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 1, The Call
- ~ 1 ~ THE CALL God-consciousness is a plane of consciousness different from that experienced by "the natural man." The natural man is acquisitive, fearful, doubtful, and hesitant in thought and deed, all based on fears concerning the self. He lives in a sense of separation from God, but at some time in his experience, because of the depth and degree of his need, the natural man is turned inward to seek within himself for that which he outwardly requires. This inward turning becomes a search for God, a seeking for truth and, when earnestly and persistently followed, results in the dawning in consciousness of the verities: the activities, laws, substance, and being of the infinite invisible. The natural man begins to "die," and the Son of God is being raised up. Now the seeker begins to realize some measure of his oneness with God, and he eventually discerns that spirit really is the essence and very fiber of his being. The realization of divine sonship is unfolding, a conscious awareness of spirit and its law and being. The Christ, or Son of God, is being born again in the manger of human consciousness, and evolves by stages to the degree of manhood in Christ, to the full stature of sonship or God-consciousness. On this higher plane, the "old man" appears less and less. Now one becomes aware that this old man is not and never was a real entity, but rather that a false concept of the creative principle and its universe had been entertained and accepted as truth. More and more the awareness of true identity becomes manifest, and slowly truth dawns in consciousness, until God is beheld as one's own being. Now comes the understanding that "man shall not live by bread alone," 1 but more by the consciousness of truth, that the acquisitive consciousness has given way to the I-have-meat-ye-know-not-of-consciousness. In this consciousness, there is no selfhood for which to fear, since God has been revealed as the only Selfhood, Self-sufficient and eternal. It now becomes ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r Nets_ Chapter 1, The Call.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:40- 77K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 1, The Now Activity of the Christ
- Chapter One The Now Activity of the Christ The spiritual path is the way through which we enter the spiritual life, and ultimately it leads us to that place where we know beyond all doubt that the spirit of God dwells in us and is living our life. The activity of the Spirit is always fruitful, productive of harmony, peace, joy, and abundance. In spiritual living there is no chance, nor are there accidental events of any nature. Most persons think of going to church, to a lecture on spiritual subjects, or reading a book of spiritual wisdom as if it were a human act, even an act of their own will. This really is not the case at all because human instinct does not lead a person naturally in that direction. It is only when the activity of something greater than one's self has touched an individual's consciousness that he is led to a truth- teaching. So it is that same something that has brought you to the reading of this letter. You would not be doing this if it were not for the activity of the Spirit, the Christ, functioning in you, and functioning as your consciousness. That this Christ function as your life is the goal of spiritual living. This is the ultimate attainment. Letting Go of This World for the Kingdom Truth is not an easy path to walk. Many persons still have the mistaken idea that in coming to truth they are going to find their human problems quickly met and then perhaps they will dangle on some kind of a ninth cloud. The harp has been eliminated, and I am not quite sure what has taken its place. It is true that entering the spiritual path does eliminate many problems-the major discords and inharmonies of our lives-and usually very quickly. However, since eliminating problems is not the primary goal of truth, these outer harmonies indicate that we have merely entered the spiritual path at this stage. The next step to which we must look forward is the overcoming of our human pleasures, human profits, and human harmonies. The basis for this is the Master's ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Now Activity of the Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:52- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 5, God, the Substance of Universal Being
- Chapter Five God, the Substance of Universal Being Jesus' statement, "I and my Father are one," 1 must be ingrained in your hearts and minds as one truth never to be forgotten. Otherwise, you will have a God separate and apart from your own being, and you will be attempting to contact It, trying to be worthy of It, or praying to It. In the Infinite Way you begin your real unfoldment when you can understand not only that God is life, but that God is your individual life. Unless you understand that, you will always be meditating to get health, whereas the life which is God needs no healing. The life which is God can never age or change. One Individual Mind and Consciousness All the error, all the mistakes, all your ills come from the ancient belief that there is God and man, that there is God, eternal life, and your life. The only reason a person has mental upsets or a nervous disease is because of the universal belief that God is mind but that man has a mind separate and apart from God. The mind of God is indivisible and is a facet or instrument of the God- consciousness you are. Understanding that, your mind and mine would continuously show forth the glory of infinite intelligence. If you accept the universal, world belief that there is a God somewhere to be reached, to be prayed to, or to become at-one with, you lose your demonstration. I and the Father are one. I and the Father have been one "since before Abraham was."2 I and the Father will be one until eternity. I and the Father are one, now, always, and throughout all time. Whatever there is of treatment or prayer in our work is the realization of the truth of that I Am-ness. To forget that would be to lose the entire sense of spiritual demonstration because it would leave you in a state of having to achieve that oneness or attain it; whereas it is already the truth. Your World, an Expression of Your State of Consciousness God is the substance of which this universe is formed, but when you understand that God ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ubstance of Universal Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:12- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Infinite Individual Consciousness
- INFINITE INDIVIDUAL CONSCIOUSNESS EVERY INDIVIDUAL in the world has within his own consciousness every invention, every art, that was ever known. We are the embodiment of every law in the universe. Through a process that we call learning we seem to be taking in a little metaphysics today, a little music tomorrow, while the truth is they are already a part of our consciousness, and our awareness of them is only unfolding by degrees. There are people who are able to grasp these things without going through the usual process. This is cosmic consciousness. This explains child prodigies. These people are universal Mind without any obstruction. The closer we get to the realization of this universal Consciousness, the more infinitude becomes apparent. Truth is not added to your consciousness - it comes through unfoldment. Our so-called human consciousness is a shutter. At one point, it admits very little light; opened a little more, it admits more light, and as we become more and more spiritually minded, the shutter opens wider and wider, until eventually all humanhood disappears. The full light then shines through. We cannot increase our consciousness, it is infinite already, but we can become aware of its infinite nature. You cannot add to yourself; you cannot even become more spiritual or more wise, but only more aware of the infinity of your own spiritual consciousness, in proportion as you realize that God is the Mind, substance and Spirit of you. We may come to the study of metaphysics or the Bible to gain better health; or we may come to the search for God to increase our wealth or business activity, but in the last analysis that is not what is going to happen to us. True, this increased sense of spiritual good will produce better humanhood, increase our ease in matter, and even prolong our human sense of existence a few years, but this is not the object of our study. The object of our search for Truth is to gain a spiritual sense of existence that we may live ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Individual Consciousness....pdf
Modified: 2017-08-23 12:43:28- 85K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 7, Sin - Its Illusory Nature
- CHAPTER 7 Sin: Its Illusory Nature SIN; WHAT the world calls sin; what the metaphysician calls sin-disease, lack, limitation: these, we are given to understand, have their foundation in a sense of selfhood apart from God, and they have no existence in the Kingdom of God, which is our individual being. Once it has been revealed to us that these so-called conditions exist only as appearances, there is nothing more to be done about the matter. We have done all. So if I say to you, "I don't feel well, give me help," and you immediately come back with all the metaphysical arguments you know, then all you are trying to do is combat, enter into conflict with, or try to overcome, what I have said. Whereas instead, you should go very quietly within your own being, and realize what can be done with an illusion. Then, once you have discovered its illusory nature, what can you do about it? Why should you fear a toy serpent after you have discovered that it's a toy? We can understand right well that I may have a toy serpent and yet I believe that it is a serpent and say, "Give me help." However, you, from the higher standpoint of your wisdom, discern that it is a toy serpent. So what should you do about it? Do nothing. Just give me that assurance, that's all, that all is well. Do not try to combat my statement of error. Do not try to convince me of its error. Do not try to get rid of the serpent, overcome it, or destroy it. Ye shall know the Truth, and the Truth shall make you free. Now the truth about a toy serpent is that it is harmless. The truth about any infection or contagion is that it is harmless. Why, then, try to overcome it? Why argue with it? Agree with thine adversary. So when a call comes for help, since we do know how real a discord appears to the one asking for help, the most compassionate thing we can do, the most loving thing we can do, is to say, "I will help you immediately; I will be with you immediately." Then the patient understands, right well, that you ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Sin - Its Illusory Nature.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:21- 103K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 2, Remolding Consciousness
- Chapter Two Remolding Consciousness When the first railroad trains ran from New York to Philadelphia, their speed was about twenty-five miles an hour. In one of the medical journals of that day, a doctor wrote that traveling at such a speed should be stopped by legislation because the human body could not tolerate a speed of over twenty-two miles an hour and, by continuing such a practice, our population would be killed off. As short a time ago as in my boyhood days, Barney Oldfield made his reputation as a daredevil racing driver by driving an automobile at fifty-five to sixty miles an hour. Recently we have broken through to another dimension where it is taken for granted that men can fly three times around the earth in an afternoon. Each one of these steps involved a change of consciousness, first on the part of those who had the vision to go into uncharted areas of consciousness relative to time and space, and then on the part of the entire public in being able to follow them. We were born into a state of consciousness that accepted two powers, that accepted evil as a power and good as a power, and we have become accustomed to the idea that evil is considerably more powerful than good. We are not nearly as expectant of being healed as we are of being sick. We are not nearly as expectant of prosperity as we are of long periods of lack of prosperity. We tend to succumb to the belief that prosperity is too good to be true. What is too good to be true? That good should be greater than evil? Does this seem too good to be true? Through the newly-discovered mental sciences, there have been numerous proofs in this century that good is more powerful than evil. There probably are a million or more people in the world who believe that good is more powerful than evil and that good can overcome evil. Hardly had this state of consciousness been reached when along came the Infinite Way which teaches that we must leave behind the belief that good is more powerful than evil. We ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 2, Remolding Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:35- 120K
Find Similar Documents