Living Now: Chapter 6, Mind Imbued with Truth
- ~ 6 ~ MIND IMBUED WITH TRUTH Mind is an instrument of awareness. Through the mind we can know and become aware of people, things, and ideas. With the mind we reason; with the mind we think. A human being can gain control of his mind if he is willing to study and practice to attain this mastery; and he can use his mind for a reasoning, a thinking, or a contemplative purpose. But it is the human being who is using his mind, and therefore, that mind must be an instrument or an effect: it cannot be a cause. There is an I behind the mind. There is an I who thinks through the mind and reasons with the mind. In other words, there is an I who uses the mind. Therefore, that I is greater than the mind. Through the instrumentality of the mind, we can think good thoughts or bad thoughts; we can perpetrate good deeds or bad deeds. Mind can be aware of good or of evil. If the mind is the creator of thought, however, and can create good thoughts as well as evil thoughts, then God certainly is not mind. How could mind be God if mind can be the instrument both of good and of evil? God is too pure to behold iniquity; God is light; in Him is no darkness at all; and when we penetrate beyond mind, we are in the realm of neither good nor evil: we are in the realm of pure Being. To have received illumination in any degree is to have revealed within our own being the truth that God is good-not good and evil: good! God is love-not love and hate, just love! God is life-not life and death, just life! God is one, and there is no duality in God, nor are there any pairs of opposites in Him. Once illumination is attained, we are living beyond the pairs of opposites in a consciousness of neither good nor evil. In that state of consciousness, we cannot be good and we cannot be evil: we can just be. The sun cannot be good or evil: it can just shine. If we are out in the sun for the proper length of time, the effect on us is good, but if we are out in it too long and get a severe sunburn, the effect ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 6, Mind Imbued with Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 132K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 4, The Temple
- Chapter Four The Temple Spiritual teaching involves an emptying out of the old "bottles" 1 to make way for the new wine. You cannot fill a vessel already full. You cannot receive a spiritual impartation in a mind filled with universal beliefs, theories, or opinions. Concepts and misconceptions must be cleared out of the mind so that it can become a transparency for truth. Mind is not a power. Mind has no power for good or for evil. Mind is a receiving and a transmitting instrument. To understand the mind, first look at your body and realize that this body is your body, and that you can do with your body what you will. If you choose to walk to the right, your body has no power to resist you and walk downstairs. Your body has no power of its own. Your body cannot be moral or immoral; your hands cannot be honest or dishonest. Your body has no qualities of its own. It is merely a mechanical instrument fashioned for your use. Now go a step further and see that just as you have a body, so, too, you have a mind. You can use your mind to develop a talent, a profession, or a business. It is your mind, and you can educate it in mathematics, music, art, science, or literature. You can keep your mind imbued with truth by filling it with scripture, spiritual and inspirational writings, or mystical poetry. You can keep your mind filled with truth or you can keep your mind filled with trash. You determine how many hours a day worthwhile literature is poured into your mind. You have the capacity to determine the nature of what goes into your mind. Just as your body is not a power unto itself, so your mind, also, is not a power. It cannot talk back to you; it has no control over you: you have control over it. When a person no longer has control over his mind and his mind appears to run away with him, he is labeled insane. The truth is that it is his mind. He has the power to govern, instruct, and educate it. The Human Mind Is Conditioned by False Knowledge When the mind is filled ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ouse_ Chapter 4, The Temple.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:23- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 4, Conscious Oneness
- Therefore, the only way I can ever really know you is through spiritual consciousness. That is the real sense of communion, and that is where healing takes place-not in calling a person either a human being or a divine idea, but in reaching through the appearance to the reality. When through spiritual sense we have contacted the reality of a person, we find that God is all the reality there is to him. God, the universal Good, is his individual life, mind, and Soul. Beginning with God then, we come down to Its individualization and find it to be you and me. It is a great temptation, however, to look at people as human beings and find something in them that needs changing, altering, or improving. Oftentimes we become self-righteous when we find someone doing something we think is wrong and piously state, "I can forgive him." This is all part of the human picture and will heal nothing. But when we know that every person is the individualization of God, we can then apply the great law of forgiveness which is not sitting in judgment on a person, first finding him to be wrong and then deciding to be magnanimous and forgive him for being wrong. True forgiveness lies in closing our eyes and in going within to the spiritual sense of things, and there touching the reality of that individual and finding that all reality is God, and that there never has been a sin, a mistake, or anything to overcome. Even if we could correct the sins and faults of our friends or loved ones-and did-we still would not have accomplished much in a spiritual way. But when we blot out the picture of all humanhood, the good as well as the bad, and come close to the center of being, close to God, we find that sooner or later that friend or relative is no longer the erring individual he seems to be. In healing work, we have what appears to be a patient, a practitioner, and God. According to the popularly accepted idea, the patient goes to a practitioner, and the practitioner goes to God, and then God ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 4, Conscious Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:43- 99K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 5, True Identity
- ~ 5 ~ TRUE IDENTITY Our most important need is the constant reminder of our true identity. Only as we live in the consciousness that "I and my Father are one" 1 can we receive the continuous unfoldment of good. We must always be alert to the truth that there is not God and man, because there is but one life and one mind. This life and mind, which is God, is your life and mind, so it cannot be two. All discord and disease has its origin in the belief that we have a mind and life separate and apart from God. There is but one. We must remember that there is no law or power acting upon us, but that we are the law unto our body, business, home, supply. We have dominion over all that is in the sky, on the earth and under the water. We are the law unto it, whatever its name or nature. We exist as consciousness, embodying within ourselves every idea in the universe, and every idea is subject to and controlled by the consciousness in which it exists-not by "taking thought," but through the unlabored energy of mind, life, forever expressing itself. It follows that the allness of God, good, eliminates the possibility of evil in person, place, thing or circumstance, and any appearance of evil is but illusion. When the drunkard is awakened to the realization that his snakes exist only as illusion, he is healed, but as long as he thinks of them as something actual, he will want to get rid of them. Rid of what? Nothing-appearing as snakes. When we realize that all disease exists as illusion only, we are healed (and one heals others), because we no longer try to get rid of a condition which does not exist. Mrs. Eddy once asked: if a patient came to you telling you they had feathers growing all over the body, would you give a treatment to remove the feathers, or would you waken your patient to see that they never had any feathers? This is our cue in healing. Be not concerned for what condition the patient claims to have. Awaken them to their true identity, and they will then see ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s_ Chapter 5, True Identity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:41- 95K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 5, Nothing Takes Place Outside of Consciousness
- Chapter Five Nothing Takes Place Outside of Consciousness One of the most important principles of the Infinite Way is that God constitutes individual being. This means that God constitutes your being and mine. God manifests as our life, mind, spirit, and soul. Even our body is the temple of God. This is the spiritual truth about every one of us. God has given us dominion over "the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."1 God created us in His own image, giving us His life, soul, spirit, and intelligence and, in so doing, He gave us dominion over ignorance, superstition, and darkness. This dominion is our spiritual birthright and makes us a law unto our life's demonstration. All Error, a Mental Imposition We are human beings because we have forfeited our birthright of dominion and turned it over to what the Master called "this world." 2 At the very instant that the newspapers, radio, or television announces an impending epidemic, human beings open themselves to becoming victims of the epidemic. They permit it to become a part of their experience by means of mentally imposed suggestions from outside. It is not that anyone has maliciously started the rumor just to make them ill: it is in universal human consciousness, and it is thrust at all of us. Without knowing the underlying truth of being, we may passively accept it with a "Well, what can I do about it? I'm just a statistic. So if forty out of a hundred get it, I may be one of the forty." If we escape it, we consider ourselves lucky. Actually, we are responsible for being victimized by the mass hypnosis only because we do not know how to avoid it. We do not know what caused it or how to prevent it. The Presidential election of 1916 illustrates the effect of any kind of mass hysteria. The incumbent president was re-elected because he had kept the nation out of war, clear-cut evidence that the public did ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ce Outside of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Contemplative Life: Chapter 10, Meditation on Life by Grace
- ~ 10 ~ MEDITATION ON LIFE BY GRACE The greatest spiritual blessings that come into your experience are not brought about so much by what you know of truth as by the degree of silence you can maintain. What you know of truth, that is, of the letter of truth, acts only as a foundation for the real demonstration of spiritual living. Beyond a few simple statements of truth which every truth student must understand and realize, there is little of an intricate or difficult nature that one has to know so far as knowing truth is concerned. The difficult part comes in developing a state of consciousness which enables him to be inwardly still. Except for the realization of the true nature of prayer, which carries with it the understanding that God does not have to be appealed to or used, and the understanding that all the presence, substance, power, and law of God are where you are, silence is far more valuable than all the speech and all the teaching that can be given. That is why a person can usually do far greater work as a practitioner than as a teacher because a teacher is constantly being called upon to speak, and what he says sometimes deflects from the inward realization that God is. To be able to abide in the is-ness of God is far better than all the teaching or talking in the world. It is not what a person says that does the greater works: it is the quiet, peaceful realization. The first and very simple rule is not to reach out to God for something, to be sure that you do not believe you need a God-power, and to realize constantly that your only need is for the realization of God's grace. Aside from that, the less talking you do about what you know the better for you and for those you are helping. This is especially true for those who are teachers because it is when they are not teaching that they are living closest to their spiritual center. Then, they are not thinking and speaking through the mind, saying things that oftentimes sound foolish. Words always sound ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Meditation on Life by Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:39- 142K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 7, The Law
- ~ 7 ~ THE LAW "The real jurisdiction of the world is in Mind, controlling every effect and recognizing all causation as vested in divine Mind." 1 Fruitful activity is an activity of mind; therefore, it is infinite, omnipresent, and never dependent on person or circumstance. Whatever intelligence, education, experience we may have has been given us of God and includes the opportunity for expression. We naturally include within ourselves, within our own consciousness, right activity and the opportunity for expressing that activity. Mind and its manifestation is one. Wherever there is mind, there is manifestation for they are one. This truth corrects the belief that we are ever separate or apart from our good. We include, embody, embrace within our consciousness all good. "Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine." 2 Nothing can be added to or taken from us. The one thing you must keep in thought is this: "The kingdom of God is within you." 3 Never should you look to anything or anyone for that which you seem to lack, but as soon as a need seems to become apparent, know that right then and there that which seems to be lacking exists as completed demonstration within you. As you acquire the habit of continually looking within your consciousness for the fulfillment of all needs, you will find that in a natural, normal way the fulfillment will appear. The human thought looks outside itself for peace, power, supply, but truth reveals that the divine mind is your only mind, and in this mind your completed experience is evident, and always as manifestation. There is no need to pray to God for anything. He continually pours forth his bounty as all that is required for your harmonious existence. This principle, or law, prevents evil in any form from touching you. If you will constantly practice throughout the day what has been written so far (until it becomes a veritable part of your consciousness), you will very quickly see things begin to happen. In this way ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...y Years_ Chapter 7, The Law.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:42- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Five, Spiritual Attainment Through Prayer
- CHAPTER FIVE SPIRITUAL ATTAINMENT THROUGH PRAYER Spiritual healing can be accomplished in several ways: It may come about through those who possess a healing consciousness, are fully aware of this gift which has been bestowed upon them through the grace of God, and use it to bless mankind; it may be experienced by some person who has no knowledge whatsoever of spiritual things, but who may have unknowingly brought himself within the healing orbit of God's grace; or it may be that a conscious knowing of the correct letter of truth, that is, the principles of truth, eventually leads to the development of that spiritual consciousness necessary for healing. Since most healing is brought about through treatment, that is, through first knowing the correct letter of truth, every metaphysical student, regardless of which approach he chooses or elects to follow, should be able to give an intelligent treatment. This, however, has nothing to do with making affirmations and denials or uttering metaphysical clichés because such procedures are far removed from the giving of intelligent and loving treatments. All metaphysical teachings have as their goal the bringing of spiritual living into the experience of their students, and giving them some understanding of the nature of treatment, so that, through the practice of treatment, spiritual consciousness may be developed. The spiritual consciousness which is so essential to the healing work cannot be achieved through blind faith, however, nor merely by making metaphysical statements, even if, and though, the statements are true. Behind every statement of truth uttered and behind every treatment given, there must be understanding. THE PRINCIPLE OF ONE POWER No one can give a spiritual healing treatment intelligently unless, first, he anchors himself in the realization that since God is all power, there is no power that is required to do anything to anything, for anything, or for anybody, for any reason. We do not even need ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...l Attainment Through Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:59- 110K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 8, Message to Teachers on the Spiritual Path
- CHAPTER 8 MESSAGE TO TEACHERS ON THE SPIRITUAL PATH The ministry of Truth tempts many to enter the path to gratify their ego in being known as a practitioner or teacher or lecturer or leader or for some other desire for personal gratification. Be sure you have received the signal within, which is your passport on the journey. The greatest temptation above all others is having one's own concept of Truth. Complete discipleship comes only when all sense of personal knowledge of Truth disappears. While we are on earth, there is never a time when we are outside the range of temptation, because temptation is subtle. It can appear as the desire for prestige, wealth, or fame, or it can appear as the temptation to wield power. Once an individual has been touched by the Spirit, people believe that is not possible for them to sin. That is not true! The Bible is filled with those who succumbed to temptation. There was Judas. There was Lot's wife. There was Peter, who denied the Master. Even Jesus was tempted three times, although He did not succumb to these temptations. The person on the spiritual path, even if he is at the beginner's level, should become conscious of the fact that a wrong done by him or her is far more serious than a wrong done by others. A wrong done under the robe of the Spirit is a crime against the Spirit. There is only one Consciousness, so once God Consciousness has become the consciousness of the teacher and the teacher violates that God Consciousness, the penalty is great. That teacher loses the God Consciousness. It is of utmost importance, therefore, that everyone on the spiritual path, but especially those who would be teachers, maintain at all times a high degree of spiritual integrity. Coming into an Awareness of Spirit Healing work cannot be done with the mind, just as God cannot be reached through the mind. If you knew all the truth in metaphysical textbooks such as Science & Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, or Lessons in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...chers on the Spiritual Path.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:47- 167K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 5, The New Dispensation of Prayer
- ... The outer self and the inner Self are one, but the inner Self is greater than the outer self. When our conscious thinking is stilled, then our inner Self, the divine consciousness, the spirit of God, can speak, live, think, and act through us. We live; yet there is a Spirit within us that also lives. There is an indwelling Spirit that performs those things that are given us to do. It perfects that which concerns us, but It cannot come into our experience while we are thinking and talking or trying to persuade, influence, or bribe God. Opening Ourselves to God's Guidance and Government God will not respond when we tithe if our tithing has an ulterior motive. We cannot sacrifice, we cannot bribe, we cannot influence God in anyway. We can only be still! It makes no difference if we are in sin. Never for a moment does that stop the activity of God. On the contrary, that is more apt to bring it into expression. God has more pleasure in the lost sheep that is found than in the ninety-nine that were not lost. Part of the Master's mission was the forgiveness and healing of sin. Is it not usually some sin, disease, or lack that compels us to admit," My way has not been sufficient. This human way of life has not done me much good." It is very much like the person who said to me, "I do not believe in God. Just look at my life and see if you could believe in God." My response was, "You are proving definitely that you do not believe in God: you do not have a trace of God's influence in your life, do you?" "No." "So you do not believe in God. How, then, are you going to have God in your life? Do you expect God to knock you down and make you unconscious and then deliver His good to you when you cannot refuse it?" We are closing ourselves to God, more or less, all the time, and then complaining that God is not doing anything for us. This is not our fault. It is because we have been taught to believe that prayer is something we do and that it consists of words and thoughts, whereas ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... New Dispensation of Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:36- 119K
Find Similar Documents