Consciousness Transformed: March 29, 1964, Freedom Is an Activity Within Your Own Consciousness
- FREEDOM IS AN ACTIVITY WITHIN YOUR OWN CONSCIOUSNESS March 29, 1964 Between Two Worlds Honolulu, Hawaii THE HUMAN BEING LIVES in a world of material sense, and this means that his measurement of life consists of amounts, weights, degrees, abundances, limitations. One of the first things an infant learns is that two things cannot occupy the same space at the same time. In other words, when he hits his head against a table he discovers that either the head or the table belongs there, but not both. As we grew up we measured everything in that manner; in relationship of power we ascribed good power to some germs and evil power to some germs. We ascribed powers of good to some individuals, powers of evil to other individuals. Therefore, in the materialistic sense of life we are always conferring powers upon some one or some thing. The entire human experience is made up of this combination of good and evil, externalized good and evil, and we give power to everything external to ourselves. As a matter of fact we seldom reserve any power at all, any dominion to our selves. Practically everything good comes from someone or something, and practically everything evil comes from someone or something, and we are either the beneficiary or the victim. Rarely do we acknowledge that we have dominion. This is the materialistic concept of life. As you come to a mystical teaching you begin to reverse this, and as a rule you start with the word God. Not only do you begin to give more power to God and less power to the external world, but you even give power to God "over" the external world. In other words you turn to God as a power over disease, and all orthodox religion is built on that premise because all of their prayers are for healing or for well-being. Unlike the metaphysicians, they do not have the same faith that it is going to happen, but orthodoxy does give lip service to the belief that God is a power over disease. It is in this same way that families ask for prayers of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...thin Your Own Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:18- 97K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: March 3, 1963, Divine Sonship
- DIVINE SONSHIP March 3, 1963 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii BY NOW YOU HAVE DISCOVERED how difficult it is to make the transition from finding your health in the body to finding your health in divine sonship, or to making the transition from finding your supply in currency and investments to finding your supply in your spiritual sonship, in your relationship to God. You know now how difficult it is to make the transition from finding your good in the world to finding your good in God-in your divine sonship. In fact it is so difficult that the Master said that, "The way is straight and narrow, and few there be that enter." 1 We were born into mortal or human consciousness. When we were conceived, our parents had nothing in mind but human conception, and, after we were born, they expected us to respond to material laws. We are now in the process of dying out of that consciousness and being reborn into another consciousness. In this new birth or new consciousness, we find ourselves equal, and that means equal in the sight of God, equal in the sight of each other. There is no black or no white, there is no high or no low, there is no large or no small, there is no young or no old, there is no rich or no poor. We are all equally spiritual offspring, and we are all equal in our joint sonship to all of the heavenly riches. "Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine." 2 We do not earn our money by might or by power. There is no such thing as earning our supply or being worthy of it. We inherit it; it is ours by divine right of our sonship. In this new birth we have to overcome the belief that God rewards goodness and that God punishes our natural mistakes. This is difficult. For years people have carried burdens of guilt and this makes it difficult to accept the fact that our good is dependent only on our relationship to God, and that this relationship exists whether we have been good or bad. No crime on the calendar could break that relationship, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...rch 3, 1963, Divine Sonship.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:16- 102K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 2, God
- ~ 2 ~ GOD "Spiritual sense is a conscious, constant capacity to understand God." 1 Many have tried to "explain" God, but so far none (to my knowledge) have ever succeeded. God must be individually experienced. Because of generations of belief in material being we seem to be far removed from God, and only as we live in "prayer without ceasing," that is, dwelling on the thought of God, will it be possible for the experience, or revelation, of God to come to us. Most people either believe in, or believe that there is a God, but this is far from knowing, far from the assurance and the consciousness of the presence of God. Spiritual sense alone reveals it, and spiritual sense is developed through the conscious dwelling in thought of God, and what it is, and where we find it. We should also dwell on the subject: What is man? We are familiar with the statement from the Greek Temple, "Know thyself." Well, close your eyes, get quiet inside, and ask yourself: "What am I?" If arms, legs, head, and brain are not me but mine, who is this possessor of the body and mind? If I think, who and what is the thinker? These thoughts lead to the understanding of God. Do we think often enough of what the word "God" means to us? Not what it means to our friends or neighbors, but what it means to us! Man is the manifestation of God, and how can we know man until we know that of which he is constituted. The manifestation of God is not a mortal, a material being. God can be manifest only in its nature, character, and quality. Therefore, the attempt to heal or enrich a human cannot be the way to manifest God. As we dwell in thought on what the nature of divine being is, we behold man, the manifestation of divine being, and there we find the infinity, eternality, and harmony of our own being. "Therefore the world (mankind) knoweth us not, because it knew him (divine being) not." 2 God manifests itself as love, life, being; and man is that love, life, and being made manifest. "Ye shall know the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Early Years_ Chapter 2, God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:40- 85K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Love
- ... We close the door on Love in that way when we pray ONLY for Mother or Father or child or friend or relative. When we learn to pray for our enemy as we are taught to do in the Master's teachings, when we learn to pray the prayer of forgiveness for all those who offend us, we then find Love coming to us through unexpected avenues and channels. We, ourselves, limit the amount of Love that ordinarily would be flowing freely to us because we limit it, first of all, to man, and secondly, only to those men and women who comprise our friendly circle. When we go further afield, when we look not only to friends but even to foes for our Love, through the prayer of forgiveness, we widen that circle, and even more so as we realize God is the fount of ALL Love . . . God is the SOURCE of ALL Love. Therefore, it is to God and ONLY to God that we look for Love. This ... Once we lift our gaze above the human avenues and channels of supply and realize GOD as the source of Love and, therefore, as the source of supply, we begin to open the way for Love to come to us from many new sources. FORGIVENESS WE HAVE LOOKED to man for forgiveness for our offenses, our trespasses, our sins. Often, through acts of commission or omission, we have been unloving, unjust, unkind; and sometimes, if possible, we look to those whom we have offended for forgiveness. In many instances, they have gone so far out of our experience that we have no way of reaching them in order to seek their forgiveness. Actually, there is no need of our seeking forgiveness of any man. It is well that we apologize, if we have offended. It is well if we ask forgiveness. It is not important whether or not we receive it. The important point is that we look to GOD for forgiveness . . . NOT to man. As long as we look to God for forgiveness, we will be released through man. Therein lies the miracle . . . that even those who, to human sense, would withhold forgiveness, can no longer withhold it when we have sought it in God. LOVE IS ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ays of Joel Goldsmith_ Love.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:13- 114K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 12, Christ As the Consciousness of Mankind
- ~ 12 ~ CHRIST AS THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF MANKIND What is it that sets spiritual teachers and persons who do healing work apart from the rest of mankind? Is it not that in some way, at some time, and for some reason they were drawn to the study of truth? Then as they began to fill their minds with truth through books, lectures, and classes, eventually something happened within them. They made a transition from "man, whose breath is in his nostrils" 1 to that man who has his being in Christ. At a particular moment in their experience, these persons attained some measure of the transcendental Christ-consciousness, that which is beyond the human. From then on, error, evil, sin, disease, false appetite, or lack lost its reality to them. As persons came to them with physical, moral, or financial problems, or problems of human relationships, the error or evil disappeared just as darkness leaves a room when the light is turned on. The darkness in the room does not go anywhere because what we call darkness is but an absence of light. In the presence of light, there is no darkness. As mere human beings, we cannot function as practitioners or spiritual teachers. We may have the will, the desire, and the hope; but will, desire, and hope do not heal, reform, or enrich. To lift a person above his humanhood, one must have the experience of spiritual illumination or of the transcendental Presence. When that comes to a person, he is set apart, and in the measure of his fidelity will he be successful as a spiritual healer or teacher. Many students have the desire to heal, to teach, and to give to others, but they cannot. To these I say, "Be patient: you will. Wait, however, until the Spirit of the Lord God is upon you and you are ordained to do these things." Students must be content to remain students and not try to be practitioners and teachers until the experience that results in their being set apart takes place within their consciousness. At one time, when the Spirit of the Lord ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Consciousness of Mankind.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:25- 113K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter VII, For God So Loved the World
- CHAPTER VII FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life. JOHN 3:16 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God. . . . I JOHN 3:1 The secret of the beauty and glory of holiness is God manifest, God incarnate in the flesh. God so loved the world that He gave Himself to this world, appearing visibly as the Son of God, which, according to His promise, I am and which you are. God is my being and God is your being: God is our true identity. Spiritually understood, this earth is heaven. Heaven and earth are one, because God has manifested Himself upon the earth. God has given unto Himself this universe made up of the stars, sun, moon, and planets. God has created for His glory this footstool which we call the earth. All this God has evolved from within Himself, and for His glory. God, in His own great glory, is manifested as individual being. We are not separate and apart from God, but we are the very essence of God, the very selfhood of God, unfolded, revealed, and brought into active expression as individual being. All things in heaven and on earth are given unto us because of this relationship of divine sonship. All things that exist, exist for our purpose. As joint heirs with Christ in God, this earth is ours. From everlasting to everlasting we are fulfilled. God has ordained the law governing the union of Himself with His beloved Son, providing him with all that belongs to the Father, and drawing unto the Son all that the Father has established for him, since before the foundation of the world: "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." I am come that you might have life-My life-My life, your individual life. My life is the life of individual being, knowing no age, knowing no change, knowing no deterioration from its God-estate. But you must live ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... For God So Loved the World.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:29- 76K
Find Similar Documents
The GIft of Love: Chapter 1, Love as Understanding
- ~ 1 ~ LOVE AS UNDERSTANDING We all want to be understood and to be understanding. Most of us wish that those we meet could see into the center of our being, could see what we have been from the beginning, but which no one has yet recognized-not mother, not father, not teacher. No one has ever seen what we really are, and it is because of this nonrecognition that we have worn a mask to hide ourselves from the world. If only the mask that is hiding you from me and me from you could drop from our faces, we would be like children, back in the Garden of Eden. Everyone longs to be understood, but most persons think that that means being known as they are humanly. That is not what it means at all. Those who believe that do so because they do not yet know that the Christ is their true identity and this is really what they would like to show forth. The Master Christ Jesus, too, longed to have his true identity recognized and understood. How obvious is his longing as he asks, "Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? . . . Whom say ye that I am?" He longed to be known as the Christ, but he could not walk out and say, "I am the Christ." Let us not hesitate, however, to say silently and secretly to everyone we meet, "Thou art the Christ, the holy one of Israel. I know thee who thou art." How do we know it? Flesh and blood have not taught us this, nor has the human mind revealed it. Only spiritual discernment reveals to us that God lives on earth as individual you and me. God has incarnated Himself as individual being. God the Father appears on earth as God the son. As we begin the practice of beholding the Christ in everyone we meet-in our household, our neighborhood, the market, the post office, the department store-the world will begin to present a different picture to us. People will act in a different way. The world will respond differently to us because the world will bring back to us what we have given to it. Whomever we meet, we meet in the spirit of letting God's grace ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 1, Love as Understanding.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:53- 80K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: January 20, 1963, The Individual Under God
- THE INDIVIDUAL UNDER GOD January 20, 1963 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii LAST WEEK WE SPOKE about the sin of mediocrity. But that can be misconstrued; in fact, the whole subject of individuality can be misconstrued. Everything good has been accomplished through an individual, but so has everything evil been accomplished through an individual. In other words, if we are left to ourselves regardless of talents, they can turn into either good or evil. Even knowledge can be turned into good or bad. In the days of the Black and White Brotherhoods, though their education was the same, the White Brotherhood used knowledge for good, the Black Brotherhood used knowledge for evil. Only when an individual is under God does everything he does serve a purpose of God. No greater issue is before the world today than the individual-the individual under God. Not under God, you have destruction. The cliché that in union there is strength is a fallacy. There was no greater union than England and its empire. Certainly, there was no stronger union than Holland and its colonies. But not being under God, it has been broken. In Russia today the people have as much respect for the individual as we have. Individuals, not the masses, create nuclear power: astronauts, scientists, executives-but individuals not under God. For us there must be a definite knowledge that nothing exists greater than individual capacity and individual integrity, but the individual under God. Only then do we have a government under God and a government working for the common good. An individual can only develop spiritually when he comes to know God aright. When we see a statement like, "I depend not on God nor devil but on my own power," unless it strikes up against a consciousness of truth, that statement can go out and control the world because the world has not understood the non-power of temporal power. Truth always destroys temporal power, but it is the knowing of the truth. Always remember that evil can ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...3, The Individual Under God.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:13- 88K
Find Similar Documents
The GIft of Love: Chapter 5, The Spiritual Bond
- ~ 5 ~ THE SPIRITUAL BOND Between God and His creation there exists only a relationship of love, a love that truly binds, a love that unites God and man in an eternal relationship of oneness. When a man and a woman acknowledge the inseparable and indivisible bond of oneness existing between them and the Father, that automatically creates a bond between them. Only a spiritual bond existing between a man and a woman can keep them forever in love and keep that love fruitful, fulfilling, harmonious, and pure. Such a bond comes about when a person can look his partner in the eye and know that here is someone he can trust. This kind of trust makes for lasting peace and a sense of absolute completeness. In such a spiritual relationship, all sensuality, lust, and greed drop away because this bond establishes them in the household of God, of the family of God. Between them, then, there can be only the pure and unselfish relationship that exists between God and his children and between all the children of the household of God. If they can look upon one another in that light, because of the one Father, the one Life, and one Spirit, the one Soul, automatically and instantaneously, an indestructible bond is created between them. They have seen the Father shining out through the eyes of the members of their family and that makes it impossible to lie, cheat, or defraud any one of them. No person can be joined by a spiritual bond with another and live with him or her in any other way than that of peace, purity, harmony, completeness, and sharing. What happens then in this senseless human universe cannot possibly make any difference! The insanity of mankind might be recognized but it would never interfere with the relationship established with those of a person's spiritual household. Human differences become of no moment or have no effect. Where there is love what arguments or problems come up can always be worked out and a solution found without consulting outsiders or going to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 5, The Spiritual Bond.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:54- 66K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 16, The Robe
- ~ 16 ~ THE ROBE As an initiate, you will wear the 'robe' of your 'degree' and carry the title of Initiate, leaving behind your family name, and your family and friends as well. Having pledged your allegiance to God and to the service of God, you have no other allegiance, obligations, or responsibilities. Having been accepted into the ministry of the spirit, you are released from the duties and works of the earth. In human existence, a man accepted into military service exchanges civilian clothes for a uniform, and gives up his name for a number. As a military man, he has but one obligation or duty, and that is obedience to orders. In return for this obligation of obedience, the man who wears a uniform drops all care and responsibility for his own support. Even the support of his family comes from the military treasury. Food, clothing, housing, reading materials, amusement, vacations: all these are provided for him. The soldier takes thought for only one thing: obedience to orders. All else is given to him and provided for him. In his obedience to orders, he forsakes family and community: mother, sister, brother, wife, and children, to obey the call and fulfill his duty of obedience. In the spiritual life, the initiate has been called to the service and life of the Master. Immediately, he is divested of the clothing of the earthly world and given the robe of his degree. He renounces family ties and obligations, civil duties and activities to be of the household of God, in service to the Most High. From this moment, the initiate is relieved of all responsibility for his personal care and support. No temporal power takes over this function. Now the infinite invisible which has called him provides all things. You now stand as the initiate, called to the service in the household of God, and you may look neither to man nor other temporal source for your care. Even as your spiritual meat, bread, wine, and water are supplied to you from the infinite resources of your Soul, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Nets_ Chapter 16, The Robe.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:42- 60K
Find Similar Documents