The Art of Meditation: Chapter XVIII, A Circle of Christhood
- CHAPTER XVIII A CIRCLE OF CHRISTHOOD Is it reasonable to expect that there can be a whole group of people in modern times so dedicated to the Christ-life that they will live by actual spiritual contact? Is it conceivable that a body of students or earnest aspirants on the spiritual path will evolve, who will seriously accept the hypothesis that they, of themselves, are nothing, but that God is all? Is it within the range of possibility that a group of people will appear on this earth, who have arrived at that point of realization where life is lived by the Spirit? Such a group would establish a pattern for the whole world. Always there have been isolated individuals who have achieved Christhood by grace, but at no period in the history of the world has it been either realized or maintained by a group. No one has been able to impart it to a group, because up to this moment no effective way of transmitting the Christ-consciousness to large numbers has been found-at least none that has been effective. It was imparted by Jesus to the twelve disciples, and out of the twelve only three or four were able to maintain it. It was taught to several students by Buddha, but only two of them understood it, and of Lao-Tze's disciples, only one was able to carry on. Today the wisdom of all ages is again coming to light in human consciousness: "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord." This teaching of oneness is the ancient secret of the mystics revealed throughout all time by every one of the great spiritual lights of the world. Every great religious teacher has caught this vision of oneness. This it is which enables us to unite in that selfsame realization that if I am in the Father, and the Father is in me, then, you are in me, and I am in you; and we are all one in the Father, united in one consciousness. Despite the diverse forms of religious worship and teaching prevalent today, men and women of whatever persuasion should be able to unite in this age-old wisdom of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...III, A Circle of Christhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:31- 85K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter VI, Developing a Healing Consciousness
- CHAPTER VI DEVELOPING A HEALING CONSCIOUSNESS Treatment is a technique employed to lift consciousness to such an elevation that a contact with God is established which permits spiritual power to flow into human activity. It is a recognition of spiritual truth, the purpose of which is to reveal an already existing state of divine harmony. This realization on the part of the person giving the treatment reveals the spiritual identity of the one who has asked for healing so that he can be seen as he spiritually is in God's image and likeness. As has been pointed out, anyone who practices spiritual healing must rise above the level of appearances-above the discords of corporeal sense, of personal sense-to a higher plane of consciousness where there is no person to be healed and where there is room only for the Spirit of God. Treatment is necessary only because a belief of humanhood has become ingrained in individual consciousness. This humanhood, or personal sense, cannot be overcome by trying to be good or by trying to think good thoughts, because any such attempt would merely be a shift from bad humanhood to good humanhood. Such a shift is, of course, desirable humanly, and naturally nearly everybody in the human picture comes eventually to see that human good is better than human evil and desires to be good rather than evil. That, however, is not spiritual demonstration, but only a step forward in human evolution. Real spiritual progress begins when a person is no longer preoccupied with either human good or evil, health or disease, wealth or poverty, but is able to penetrate beyond these to the Christhood which is his spiritual identity. Through such spiritual vision, that which has heretofore been identified as error, or evil, normally and naturally disappears because it is no part of spiritual consciousness. Jesus demonstrated this spiritual consciousness again and again. Although he spoke to his followers in terms of their experience-"Martha, thou art . . . ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ing a Healing Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:32- 114K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Rising to Mystical Consciousness in Prayer and Treatment
- Rising to Mystical Consciousness in Prayer and Treatment In the spiritual life, you must never forget that you are not living your own life and that you have no right whatsoever to consider what you would like to do, when you would like to do it, or how. Always in the back of your mind is the reminder that it is God's life that is being lived, and it is your privilege to be at that state of consciousness where you can watch God live your life without interposing a wish, a will, or a desire of your own. The average truth student is not at the stage of development where he can do this because he has duties to his family or his business, and until such time as the Spirit Itself says, "Leave all for Me," 1 or "Leave your nets," no student should ever forget his responsibility to his family, his associates, and to his work. Rather should his study and his meditations become the foundation for the more harmonious functioning of these facets of his life. It is only to the few that the call to leave their "nets" eventually comes, and when it does come, it is unmistakable, and it compels obedience. After that, the nature of one's life changes. This change does not permit the neglect or desertion of one's business or family obligations, but it does make it possible to provide for their independent care so that one may be set free for whatever demands the call may make. Let no Infinite Way student believe, however, that the call to leave his "nets" is an excuse to desert or neglect his human duties or obligations. Those who enter the spiritual ministry because of a human desire to do good, or before they have heard the spiritual call, make little or no progress. This is because they have not yet learned to rest on the Infinite Invisible. They do not have the spiritual vision that makes it possible for them to know the Unknowable. The message of The Infinite Way did not come through the human mind, nor can it be imparted by or to the human mind. To the human mind, this message ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ess in Prayer and Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:21- 151K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Six, Impersonalizing God
- CHAPTER SIX IMPERSONALIZING GOD If someone were to ask you, "What is this Infinite Way? What is there about it that holds your interest and apparently benefits you?" you would probably have a difficult time answering, because what holds and benefits you and is your Comforter is something you know with your fourth-dimensional Consciousness, and if you should try to impart it to someone still living in the third-dimensional or material state of consciousness, he would never understand what you were attempting to tell him. In trying to explain this you might say, "Oh, I have learned that evil is not power," and then, of course, you would be ridiculed. If you said, "I have discovered God," you would then be asked to explain that, and anyone who has ever been called upon to tell what he has found out about God knows how foolish it would be to try. No one can do that, because whatever it is you may know about God you do not know with your mind. To have any awareness of God means that you have already broken through the area of mind and have been lifted into the higher consciousness. Whatever you may know about God, you know through your spiritual awareness, through your developed spiritual discernment, through the soul-faculties. To try to tell this to a person living out from a materialistic consciousness would be nonsensical, if not impossible. UNIVERSALITY AND AVAILABILITY OF THE MIND THAT WAS IN CHRIST JESUS The Infinite Way begins with the revelation that there is a transcendental consciousness, which in Christian mysticism is called Christ-consciousness and in Buddhism is called the Buddha-mind. In either case, what is meant is that there is a consciousness higher than the human mind. This is not a matter of general knowledge. True, there may be those who accept the idea that Buddha had that spiritual consciousness and that Jesus had the mind that was in Christ, but there are not many who understand that this Christ-mind, or consciousness, is universal to all men, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er Six, Impersonalizing God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:32- 100K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 5, Hidden Manna
- ~ 5 ~ HIDDEN MANNA Ours is a new dimension. We do not seek the world: we abide at the center of our own being, behold the glory of God, and let the world come to us. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna. Revelation 2:17 "He that hath an ear"-he that hath an inner ear, he that hath a spiritual ear, he that can hear what is not audible-let him hear. Let him hear what the spirit says-not what I say, not what the book says, not what you would like to say to your neighbor, but what the spirit says-"To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna." The whole import of the message of The Infinite Way could well be summed up in that term "hidden manna." Hidden manna! How like that expression is to that other statement of the Master's: "My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you" 1 -not physical health or material wealth, a home or an automobile, not anything that the world gives, but My peace. My peace is something that the world would not recognize if it came face to face with it, and would not realize even if it experienced it. My peace: a peace that comes, not because the body is healthy or the purse is full, not because the home is happy, prosperous, or joyous! No, no, no! My peace is a state of peace that is experienced within, regardless of outside conditions, but which ultimately changes the outside conditions. Here you have a hidden mystery. Peace, such as the world gives, comes to you because of external circumstances or conditions. If you have more health or wealth, a bigger home, or a longer vacation, that may induce a temporary state of peace, but this good that comes to you from the external world today may be taken from you tomorrow. My peace is different from that. My peace is an inflow and an outflow from within your own being, and so it is never dependent on anything: it is self-created, self-maintained, and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ts_ Chapter 5, Hidden Manna.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:40- 111K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 5, Knowing the Truth in Treatment
- ~ 5 ~ KNOWING THE TRUTH IN TREATMENT To those of us on the Path of The Infinite Way our goal is harmony-spiritual, eternal, immortal harmony in all of our relationships, being, body and business. In our search for the harmonies of life we have come to see that the only harmony is the harmony of God, made manifest as our individual experience. We have found that it is an impossibility to be intelligent, healthy or wealthy in and of ourselves, and that even though we gain these through material means they prove to be unsatisfactory, incomplete and impermanent. Only in the degree that we understand that God is the Intelligence of the universe, that God is the Mind, the Soul, and the Spirit of our individual being, do we have harmony as a permanent and continuing dispensation. As we come into the realization that there is no lasting safety or security, no health or wealth in the material world, we must find our new abiding-place-"an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens." How do we attain this spiritual life? How do we attain spiritual consciousness? How do we attain our freedom from "this world?" The Master showed us the way-"Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." The first step in attaining freedom from the world is learning and knowing the truth. Read and study scripture and truth books. Bring yourself into the atmosphere of those who have attained some measure of spiritual consciousness. Choose your books, your teacher or teaching only after thoughtful consideration and prayer that they be revealed to you. Each one must find within his own being his true teacher or teaching, and be faithful to them until such time as he shall be led to a higher step. In the last analysis, we shall all be taught of God. The second, and by far the most important step, is knowing the truth, not merely by reading, studying or hearing it, but also by receiving it by impartation from within your own being. In giving treatments to ourselves or others in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...wing the Truth in Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:54- 101K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 1, Individual Unfoldment of Consciousness
- ~ 1 ~ INDIVIDUAL UNFOLDMENT OF CONSCIOUSNESS The primary mission of The Infinite Way is inner unfoldment, the revelation of truth from within our own being. The written word is the least important part of this work; that which is not written or spoken is the greater teaching. Human teachers are but temporary helps on the way. Only from within comes the illumination which makes it possible for some to heal and to be able to teach that "the kingdom of God is within you" 1 and that you are the fulfillment of God. The real teacher receives inspiration and illumination and is able to impart these only because he has the realization that "I can of mine own self do nothing 2 . . . the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works." 3 Therefore, this "Father within" comes as an impersonal presence to awaken the receptive thought to the divinity of the individual. "And they shall be all taught of God." 4 My conscious oneness with God makes me one with all those who are able to receive the Word at this level of consciousness. Your conscious oneness with God makes you receptive and responsive to all truth. Wherever there is a receptive thought, God speaks. Wherever spiritual being is manifested, God is present. Since God manifests and expresses its own being as you, you are as infinite as God-not just a little portion of God. God does not divide itself, but manifests, expresses, reveals, unfolds, and discloses itself as you and as me. It is a state of Christ-consciousness in which God speaks, God moves, God acts. When I speak or write about the letter of truth, that is the least part of the activity which is going on in my consciousness. Always, as a teacher of truth, my consciousness is alert and awake and transcends anything concerning the letter of truth which I might impart. That consciousness, which is the divinity of my being, is also the divinity of your being; it is the divine consciousness of you and is arousing you to an awareness of its own divine qualities, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Unfoldment of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:33- 115K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 12, God Alone Is Power
- Chapter Twelve God Alone Is Power Out of depths of the silence, out of the infinite withinness, come the joy, the peace, and the harmony of our daily life. Most persons in the world miss much of this harmony because they are seeking their good outside themselves. They believe that their good can come to them from somebody, from something, or from somewhere other than their consciousness. For thousands of years people have been seeking health, wealth, peace, safety, security out here in the world, thinking that these could come through men, organizations, or places. It is not true and never has been true. The kingdom of God which is the kingdom of Allness has to be found within individual being. If heretofore you have been expecting good to come to you, be willing this very minute to give up all thought of any good coming to you at any time from any place, person, situation, or condition in this world. The longer you expect good to come to you, the longer you will be waiting for it and the closer will come the realization that it is not going to come. It never has for anyone. It never will come to you. But if you can give up all thoughts, hopes, and desires of getting, receiving, or achieving good, and understand that you, yourself, are the place where God fulfills Himself, you will be that place where God flows through to all those who do not yet know their true identity. The Master Revealed Our True Identity At one time I was asked to speak with two ministers on the subject of meditation and, if possible, to help them with their practice of meditation. One of them asked, "Do you believe that in this short time we have together today you can teach us how to meditate?" I told them I could not answer that question until they answered a couple of other questions. Then I would be able to tell them very quickly whether or not they could achieve meditation and the fruits of meditation in such a short period. First of all, I asked, "Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 12, God Alone Is Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:13- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 11, The Allness of God
- ~ 11 ~ THE ALLNESS OF GOD The primary purpose of our work is to bring forth our true identity as Spirit, as God made manifest, as Life, individually expressed in all of life's harmony and perfection. We, in our work, do not attempt just to turn sick people into well people, or poor people into rich people. Improving humanhood is not our main object. The fruitage of our work is improved health and supply, but the improvement of material conditions is not its prime object. These are only the "signs following." The primary object is to reveal God as individual being, to reveal that there are not God and man, but that there is only God, God appearing as individual you and individual me to reveal that "I and my Father are one." 1 There are not both a God and you, but since God is infinite, and God is all, then God must express Itself, manifest Itself, as you and as me. In this oneness, there is no room for sin, disease, lack, or limitation. There is no room for war or for unfair competition. There is no room for the evils of capitalism or the evils of communism. There is only room for the understanding of true being-the understanding of what it means to be God manifested individually, in all of God's glory. You will remember the prayer of the Master: "Father, glorify me with thine own self, with the glory which I had with thee." 2 Think what it would mean if we could stand forth here and now in all of God's glory. Think how impossible it would be to lack anything if we were showing forth the allness of God, if we were showing forth the truth of that statement, "Son . . . all that I have is thine." 3 According to Scripture, it is true that all that the Father hath is thine and mine. Once you and I begin to show forth that allness of God, how impossible it would be for any form of envy, jealousy, malice, or strife to enter into our daily experience. And that is the object of this work. The Infinite Way is not merely for the purpose of setting up better human beings, but to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 11, The Allness of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:28- 128K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 16, The Universality of God
- ~ 16 ~ THE UNIVERSALITY OF GOD THE TWELFTH CHAPTER OF THE GOSPEL according to John opens with the Master coming to Bethany, where a supper has been prepared for him by Mary, the sister of Lazarus, whom Jesus had just raised from the dead. Naturally, the little town is very much excited about Lazarus being raised from the dead-Lazarus present with them now and even eating supper after having been dead and in the tomb. We might well imagine that this occasion was one for rejoicing, for happiness and a real celebration, but that is only because we want to believe that the whole world is seeking truth and wants to see the dead raised to life and sinners reformed. The world as a world does not really like such things; it harbors an unconscious resentment toward those who have any desire to improve it. And so, the first murmurings of discontent are heard, and soon these murmurings become more than murmurs, rising to greater heights. This, the Master fully realized when he prophesied the trouble that lay ahead: Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. John 12:24 Here is the very principle on which The Infinite Way unfoldment is based. Translating that into our language of today, it means this: Unless we die to our humanhood, we cannot be reborn of the Spirit, nor can we bring forth spiritual fruit while continuing to live as human beings. Most people do not have any real understanding of what living the spiritual life means, and so when they first start out on the spiritual path they usually feel this way: "I am a human being, one who knows nothing of God, and I am sick. My desire is to be a human being who knows something about God, and who is well." They seem content to stay on the level of demonstration, wanting to be free of all their human discords, wanting to acquire all the good human things of life, and to continuing merrily on their human way to the age of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...16, The Universality of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:45- 119K
Find Similar Documents