The Infinite Way: Soul
- SOUL THE SOUL is a part of man which is little known and only seldom realized. Often those in the depths of some deep sorrow break through the mist of material sense to the recesses of their inmost being, where they discover the Soul, or Reality, of being. They become Soul-conscious, and find new values, new resources, new and different strength, and an existence of an entirely different nature. The exercise of the Soul-faculties results in breaking the illusions of sense. All human discords are products of material sense and are experienced through the five physical senses - that is, all mortal inharmonies are seen, heard, felt, tasted, or smelled. Existing only in this material state of consciousness, discords and disease have their being merely as false sense, or illusion, though naturally seeming very real to the senses. There are many means of securing temporary relief from erroneous conditions of health, wealth, and other inharmonies of daily existence. Complete and final destruction of error comes only through the achievement and exercise of the faculties of the Soul. The Soul is that part of man which lies buried deepest within him and is therefore seldom realized. We use our mathematical faculties and our musical faculties because these lie nearest the surface of our being, and much more than these, even, our ordinary business faculties and our sense of direction, or even our artistic sense, but artists and authors and skilled musicians go deeper within their being and bring forth the great harmonies of fine music, good literature, paintings, sculpture, and architecture. Hidden even deeper than these, yet within the reach of our own consciousness, lies the Soul and Its faculties. These Soul-powers, when touched by us, come forth from within us and reach every avenue of our daily life, giving inspiration, beauty, peace, joy, and harmony to each moment of our existence and clothing every event in our experience with love, understanding, and success. Those too ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...iles/The Infinite Way_ Soul.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:14- 75K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 7, Concepts or Is?
- ~ 7 ~ CONCEPTS OR IS? IF I were to ask you what you think about the Bible, your opinion would most likely be different from the opinion of everyone else reading this book. There seems to be very little agreement on the subject of the Bible. But no matter what you or anyone else believes about it, it is what it is; and what it is no one really knows. If you had been asked a year ago about it and then again today and again a year from now, probably none of the three answers would agree because your concept of the Bible changes with the unfoldment of your consciousness. So, too, whatever you may be thinking about a person is wrong. I do not care what you are thinking. Whatever it is, it is wrong because what you are thinking represents your concept of that person at the moment; and that concept changes from moment to moment and from year to year. You must learn not to hate or fear your concept of life, whether it is a concept of humanity, of sin, or of disease, because it is only a concept. There is no real power in concepts. What you are considering as person is not person: it is a concept of a person. But that concept has no power. All power is in God. For example, whatever your concept of me may be, there is no power in it that can touch me. If you think I am good, it makes no difference to me. If you think I am bad, it makes no difference. Your thinking has no power over me. God maintains and sustains me, and I am not subject to anything but God. There is no life in your concept of me. Life is in me, not in your concept of me. It is much the same about everything you see, hear, touch, taste, or smell: you never really know what it is. A diamond may be beautiful and it may be valuable. Whatever beauty and value there is, however, is in the diamond, not in your opinion of it. You may think it is a rhinestone, but your thinking has not touched the value of the diamond. You have not changed it or its quality. You may think it is perfect, and it may be imperfect. You ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 7, Concepts or Is_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:08- 120K
Find Similar Documents
Practicing the Presence: Chapter X, The Vision to Behold
- CHAPTER X THE VISION TO BEHOLD In the beginning in the Edenic days, man was complete, whole, and harmonious- one with God. By the grace of God everything flourished, and there was peace. What man is now striving to attain in his search for God is the re-establishment of that Edenic state of complete peace and harmony, a state in which we are not at war with one another, but in love with one another; a state in which we do not deprive others, but share and give to others. The hope of man has been that by finding some supernatural power he would be able to recapture that state of bliss on earth. It must be clear to every thinking person, however, that in his attempt to find harmony, man has been searching in the wrong way and in the wrong place. Individual harmony and world peace will never be established by searching for some supernatural power. Man's need is to re-establish himself in his original Edenic estate which is oneness with God. Hundreds of years of frustration and failure should have proved to the world that it is not the work of a God to do this for us: It is our work to do it for ourselves by establishing that original relationship of oneness. The Master said, "Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free." Nowhere does he indicate that this is God's responsibility. Time and time again he reiterates that it is our responsibility: "Ye shall know the truth . . . Ye shall love the Lord thy God . . . Ye shall love thy neighbor as thyself . . . Ye shall pray for the enemy . . . Ye shall forgive seventy times seven . . . Ye shall bring the tithes into the storehouse." In no place and at no time does he place the responsibility for our sense of separation from God upon God, but upon us. To us is addressed the entire teaching of Jesus Christ-not to God, to us. Lest, however, we should flounder, the Master has given us the way, the where, the when, and the how of this demonstration of unity: The way is prayer; the where is the kingdom of God within ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter X, The Vision to Behold.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:03- 117K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 10, It Shall Not Come Nigh Thee
- 10) "It Shall Not Come Nigh Thee" If you have studied the preceding chapters carefully, you should be beginning to understand that the universal belief of good and evil operates hypnotically upon every person in the world. Every phase of discord that comes into any person's experience is a mesmeric influence from which he has not learned to protect himself. What with automobile collisions, sudden storms, and even coconuts falling from the trees, a person who leaves his home in the morning has no positive assurance that he will return safely at night. Every morning of the week, safety engineers forecast approximately how many accidental deaths will occur that day. They cannot tell who will be the victims, but those casualties could be you or me or anyone else. Man has become a statistic. But no one wants to be a statistic. No one wants to fall victim to an accident. How, then, can such mishaps and catastrophes be avoided? Is there a way? Yes, there most certainly is, if those who have been taught the principles of one power, impersonalization, and "nothingization" can break through their mental inertia in the morning to the extent of consciously realizing: There is but one Power operating in this universe. It is not a power of accident, death, disease, or sin. This Power is the same Power that causes the sun to rise and to set at its appointed time, and the tides to ebb and flow. The Power that is operating in this universe is the same Power that is operating in my consciousness, and It operates as the law unto my experience. There is no power in any mesmeric suggestion of accident. There is no power in any belief of infection or contagion. There is no power in the carnal mind, in any of its forms, or in any of its beliefs, individual or collective. "A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee." 1 To whom does that refer? To whom but the person who dwells "in the secret place of the most High" 2 -not one who ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...It Shall Not Come Nigh Thee.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:05- 143K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: September 1958, Praying Aright
- ... The inner communion helps to purify us, but a little conscious effort toward controlling our grosser feelings also helps us to reach that deeper communion. Inner communion results in an outer activity of harmony and peace, but no one can live in that inner communion if he is violating such spiritual laws as those that have been revealed by Christ Jesus. No one can expect to live an inner life of communion with signs following if, at the same time, he is hating his fellow-man, entertaining prejudice or bigotry, indulging in miserliness, or withholding forgiveness, understanding, or cooperation. Inner communion under such circumstances is an impossibility. Establishing a Conscious Awareness of the Presence In the early morning hours, before the day's activities have begun, we must be sure that we have established ourselves in God's grace and that we are in the rhythm of God-consciousness. ... Then we can go about our day's work: We have prayed-we have prayed ourselves into the very kingdom of heaven; we have prayed ourselves into God's grace. It may be necessary at noon or in the afternoon or evening when the distresses of the day crowd in to re-establish this contact. Again we turn within. This time something of a quite different nature may come: "What have I against any man, and what has any man against me?" Immediately we begin inwardly to make peace: * God is love. God is forever loving; God's love is flowing through me to all this world. God's forgiveness touches everyone-the man born blind, the thief on the cross, the woman taken in adultery, the leper. God's grace is a state of forgiveness for everybody, and God's love and God's forgiveness flow through me to all the world. In this meditation, we have made peace with our brother, and now our prayer is fruitful. Again, that is only the first half of the prayer: The second half is sitting in the silence, receptive, responsive, waiting until the flow begins. Suddenly we are lifted up and we know that we are in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tember 1958, Praying Aright.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:13- 135K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter XIV, When Ye Pray
- CHAPTER XIV WHEN YE PRAY For centuries the world has believed that merely voicing words in an attempt to reach God was sufficient to bring the power and the presence of God into daily experience. For hundreds of years, millions, even billions, of people all over the world have prayed for wars to cease, famine to be wiped off the earth, and disease to be healed-but all these have continued unabated. No one experiences answered prayer when he prays merely with his mind, relying wholly on words and thoughts, because there is then no opportunity for the Spirit to break through into expression. Regardless of what form prayer may take, there is no connecting link with God until there is a conscious awareness of His presence. But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. MATTHEW 6:7 Many of us have been guilty of using vain repetitions, thinking that we are praying when in reality all we have been doing is repeating over and over again somebody else's man-made prayer. Even the repetition of as great a prayer as the Lord's Prayer, if recited with the idea that the mere rehearsal of its words has power, is not effective prayer because anything that is thought, spoken, or written is but an effect-and how can the power of God be in an effect? Does not all Scripture state that there is no power but the One, there is no God but one? Prayer that is made up of words and thoughts cannot and does not reach God, and therefore remains unanswered. The prayers that are answered are those deep within a person when no words and no thoughts are present, but when there is a hunger, a desire, or a need that is beyond words. In that intense longing, God is reached. The absence of fruitage in prayer merely bears witness to our failure to go deep enough into our consciousness to make contact with the Presence which is always there and which is ever available. God is not to be found on the surface of men's minds; ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter XIV, When Ye Pray.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:41- 104K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXIV, The Master Alchemist
- CHAPTER XXIV THE MASTER ALCHEMIST Too many Occidentals believe that the mystical life is not only impractical, but largely a figment of the imagination. In this age, however, the way of mysticism is being shown to be, not something mythical, mysterious, or occult, but spiritual, and a far more practical way of life than any yet devised in the human realm. It changes life from the everyday humdrum human experience with its trials and tribulations and its ups and downs to an entirely different kind of life, one lived from within, and yet not lived by us, but rather lived through us-a life in which we pass from living by taking thought and by our own effort to living by the Spirit. The Master Christ Jesus taught his followers to "resist not evil," to cease from strife of all kinds whether by the sword or the law, and to give twice as much in return if something were taken from them. Such a teaching sounds very impractical for this day and age, but as a matter of fact, it is far more practical than living a life dependent for its security and safety upon an army, navy, and air force: not only would we be relieved of the staggering expense of maintaining them, but we would also be relieved of any danger from an enemy because in this way of life there are no enemies. It would be as impossible to live with this transcendental Presence and have an enemy as it would be to live with It and then find oneself in danger from snakes, wild animals, starvation, or any other form of physical or mental discord. This is a very difficult idea for the human mind to grasp. What the unillumined mind sees, hears, tastes, touches, and smells seems so real, and the material and mental universe looks so real, that nothing could be considered quite as ridiculous as to stand before the highest temporal authority of the day and calmly state, "Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above," or to say, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... XXIV, The Master Alchemist.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:02- 107K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Metaphysical Healing
- Metaphysical Healing HEALINGS ARE ALWAYS in proportion to our understanding of the truth about God, man, idea, body. Healing has nothing to do with someone "out there" called a patient. When anyone asks for spiritual help or healing, that ends their part in what follows until they acknowledge their so-called healing. We are not concerned with the so-called patient, the claim, the cause of the illness or its nature, nor with his sins or fears. We are now concerned only with the truth of being-the truth of God, man, idea, body. The activity of this truth in our consciousness is the Christ, Saviour or healing influence. Failure to heal is the result of much mis-knowledge of the truth of God, man, idea, body, and this mis-knowledge stems primarily from orthodox religious beliefs which have not been rooted out of our thought. Few realize to what extent they are blinded by superstitious orthodoxy. There is only one answer to the question, What is God? and the answer is I AM. God is the Mind, the Life of the individual. Any mental hedging or inner reservation on this subject will result in ultimate failure. There is but one universal I, whether it is being spoken by Jesus Christ or John Smith. When Jesus revealed: "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me," he was revealing a universal Truth or Principle. There must be no quibbling about this. You either understand this truth or you do not-and if you do not there is no need for you to seek any further reason for failure to heal. The revelation of Jesus the Christ is clear. "I am the way, the truth, and the life." Unless you can accept this as a principle, therefore as the truth about you and about every individual, you have no foundation upon which to stand. The truth is that God is the Mind and Life of the individual. God is the only "I." Next comes the question, What is man? and the answer is that man is idea, body, manifestation. My body is idea, or manifestation. Likewise my business, home, wealth-these exist as idea or ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...smith_ Metaphysical Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:14- 114K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 1, Spiritual Healing
- ~ 1 ~ SPIRITUAL HEALING PREACHING WITHOUT PRACTICE is one of the most deadly of sins, for we must practice what we preach. The first thing that we, as metaphysicians, preach is that without God there is nothing and we exemplify that with: "Except the Lord build the house they labor in vain that build it." 1 We do not use quotations in this work as quotations, and we must now break the habit of using them as such. You have heard people say, "I do not feel well." Then someone, maybe you, replied, "Oh, no! There is no illness." You did not mean it. You did not know it. They were sick insofar as their sense and yours were concerned. If you had had a consciousness of the truth that they were not sick, you would not have said a word, you would just have smiled. They would have said, "I Am well!" The same with the quotation, "Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it." A beautiful quotation, but it remains a quotation until you understand it. Here is what I mean by using quotations with understanding. We will start this class with that quotation: "Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it." Unless God is the mind of me there will be no truth expressing itself through or as me. Unless God is the mind of you, you will not even understand the truth that is being voiced. Since God is universal mind-since God is my only mind-the only thing that will be voiced in this room is truth expressing itself, God expressing and revealing itself. Since God is the mind of you, God will be revealing itself unto itself. Mind will be expressing its truth unto itself. Truth will not pass from me to you; it will not pass from God to you. The entire activity of truth will take place in the one Mind-the mind of me, which is the mind of you. Why is this the most important part of the entire teaching? Because I expect that from this moment on, every one of you will be called upon to do healing work. The first thing that you must remember is that you ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 1, Spiritual Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:19- 129K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 9, Cast Thy Bread on the Waters
- ... Everyone Has Something To Give There never has been an excuse for continued poverty, for lack or limitation. Look out at this world and see how much wealth there is on every hand. Many persons do not think so, but there is only one reason they are not expressing abundance. They are not giving enough, or they would be partaking of that wealth because nothing can be withheld from those who give. Lack or limitation is the experience of those who for one reason or another withhold or who accept the belief that they have nothing to give. There is no one who has nothing to give. Everybody can give forgiveness; everybody can give companionship; everybody can give some unselfed service. I do not mean service to your family. There is nothing unselfed or giving about that. That is personal and selfish, for your own good. I am talking about impersonal giving, impersonal service. With the exception of those who have been hospitalized with a long costly illness, there is no one in the world who ... You came into this world with nothing, and whatever comes to you comes from God, and whatever you have to give, share, and pour out is from God's storehouse, not from yours! Once you begin to perceive this, you will never be satisfied to tithe merely ten percent. It will increase to fifteen percent, twenty, and twenty-five percent, until the day comes, as it has already come in the experience of some persons, that you may be tithing eighty percent. God's law is giving; God's law is outpouring; God's law is expressing. You are violating God's law when you fail to do that. I am not referring only to money. Money is but one of the facets. Pour out forgiveness; pour out understanding, cooperation and, above all, be sure that you are not seeking to get something. You have to learn to do whatever you are doing without ever entertaining the thought of a return. In marriage a husband usually contributes one thing and a wife some other thing. It is a mutual giving. Everyone has a different idea ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ast Thy Bread on the Waters.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:37- 122K
Find Similar Documents