Consciousness Transformed: December 29, 1963, Into the New Year
- INTO THE NEW YEAR December 29, 1963 GOOD MORNING. In meditating this morning, we will bear in mind that the subject is of course the New Year. We are looking into a new year. We are still back here in 1963, but we are at the tail end of it and we are looking into 1964, and then waiting to see if the prophecies will come true. There is a better way: Let us look into 1964 and, with our inner ears open and our inner eyes open, receive light, wisdom, and guidance for this that we are looking into. In other words, in order that we have a higher wisdom than human wisdom, a higher protection than bombs, a higher guidance than human prophecy, the only place from which all this can come is from the kingdom of God within you, individually as well as collectively. The kingdom of God is within you and it can reveal 1964 to you far better than any of our prophets can prophesy. It can give you a wisdom with which to live the year. It really can illumine and inspire your wisdom in lifting it up into a higher measure. So, for the next fifteen minutes, we are going to look straight ahead into 1964 and let the spirit illumine it, not plan it, illumine it. Then, as you keep up this program each day and certainly preferably early in the morning, you will find that whatever illumination comes to you through this experience will be revealed to you each day. You will have a guidance and a protection from within you. We will start now looking into 1964 without any wishes or hopes, just with the realization that whatever is to be in 1964 is to be determined by this spirit of God within us.
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...29, 1963, Into the New Year.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:10- 58K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 9, Principle of Treatment
- CHAPTER 9 PRINCIPLE OF TREATMENT To receive or give treatment, you must consciously know and apply the principles of Truth. In order to do this, you must first establish dominion over your mind and your body. Dominion over Mind and Body We identify ourselves as "I." There is an "I," Joel; an "I," Mary; an "I," Bill-an "I," whatever your name is. But "I" is neither your body nor your mind. Your body and your mind are not the "I" of your being. They are merely the instruments through which you perform your functions on earth. Your mind is the instrument through which the "I" of your being thinks, reasons, knows, and makes decisions and judgments. It is used for any purpose of awareness. Your body, on the other hand, is the physical instrument, which takes its orders from you (the "I") through your mind. For example, when I wish to raise my hand, "I," Joel, through my mind give that order to my hand and my hand obeys. "I" govern my mind, and my mind instructs my body. Therefore, "I" have dominion over both my mind and my body. But suppose I do not exercise that dominion, which was given to me by God in the very beginning? If "I" exerted no control over my mind but let it make its own judgments, or if "I" let my body control its own conduct, I would be in all kinds of trouble, as are those who have not learned to accept and exercise their dominion. Your mind and your body, as well as dominion over them, were given to you, and you must learn to exercise that dominion. When you sit in meditation, your mind does not wish to be still and come under control-not because it has a will of its own but because it is accustomed to doing what it wants if you have not been assuming dominion over it. The mind is much like some horses I have ridden, which did not acknowledge my control one bit! They just took me where they wanted to go because I did not know how to assume dominion over them, and so they had their way with me! So the mind has its own way with us unless we learn to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 9, Principle of Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 100K
Find Similar Documents
Living The Infinite Way: Chapter Four, God Is One
- CHAPTER FOUR GOD IS ONE Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord. Deuteronomy 6: 4 In our agreement and understanding that God is one, God has no opposite, and there is no opposition. With God as one, there is only one activity, one being, one cause, one power, one law. When the Master was asked which of the commandments was the greatest, he answered, "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind." Therefore, the first and greatest commandment is, "Thou shalt have none other gods before me." We think of God as power, and so the commandment is: Thou shalt acknowledge no other power but God. What, then, are we fearing-germs, infection, contagion? Since God is the only power, can these things have any power? According to the Master's teaching, they could have no power except such as was given them by God. Do we fear lack or limitation? How can lack or limitation affect us? Do we fear wars and hydrogen bombs? According to the first commandment, only God is power. What would happen to the power of the hydrogen bomb if we could realize God as the only power? Think on this deeply, because there must come a moment of transition when we can intellectually declare, "Why, that is right. If God is the only power, what have we to fear from all the so-called powers of earth and hell?" Then there must come a moment of transition when we go from that intellectual agreement to spiritual agreement, a feeling of agreement within, "Yes, that is the truth; I feel the truth of that one power." "Thou shalt have none other gods before me"-therefore, God is the only law. We are now faced with a startling question: Is there a law of disease? God is the only law. What, then, is causing disease? What is perpetuating it, if there is no law of disease? We are told in Scripture, "According to your faith be it unto you"; and therefore, if you have confidence, faith, or belief that there is a law of disease, so it must be unto you. You see, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...y_ Chapter Four, God Is One.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:55- 90K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 4, Life Unfolding As the Fruitage of Attained Consciousness
- ... Of course, that never was true. That was merely a concept of some writer or teacher, but the Christian era disposed of that and revealed what is now demonstrable, and that is that all your evil karma, all your former wrong thinking or wrongdoing is wiped out in a moment of repentance-not in years of working it out, not in years of suffering, not in years between heaven and hell, and not in years of paying a penalty on earth. No! In my own experience, a moment after the first light, the entire past with its desires and its punishments dropped away. I have witnessed in the years that have followed how many students, in coming to a place of actual repentance for any of their previous wrongs-some of omission, some of commission, some serious, some not so serious-have, in that moment of accepting the spiritual path, wiped out the past, and with their sowing to the Spirit, with their sowing to truth, they have begun very quickly to reap spiritual harmony, spiritual peace, an inner awareness of forgiveness, and an inner awareness of release from the burdens of the human sense of life. I speak not only of sin in terms of what the world calls sin, but also of disease, lack, or limitation, all of which are really sins from the standpoint of spiritual living because they miss the mark of spiritual perfection. Your diseases are as readily wiped out as your sins; your lack and limitation are wiped out as readily as your sins-but only in one way: by sowing to the Spirit, by sowing to truth, by pondering the word of God, by taking the word of God into consciousness, by meditating and contemplating on the word of God. In that moment, you are sowing to the Spirit, you are sowing to truth; and it will not be long before you will be reaping spiritual fruitage, spiritual harmony, spiritual health, spiritual supply, spiritual companionship, and witnessing all these translated into terms of human harmony. Sowing Now Brings Forth Reaping Now This sowing to the Spirit must take place in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e of Attained Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:52- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Two, Begin Prayer with the Word God
- ... A person can be the most unregenerate sinner in the world, but he will be made as white as snow in the moment that he contacts God. It makes no difference what his fears or sins may be today. Do not sit in judgment on him; do not criticize or condemn him. Remember that your function is to reveal the Christ, and instead of sitting in judgment on the Magdalenes and thieves and alcoholics, turn around and love them, forgive them, understand them, and place them in God's keeping where God's love and God's forgiveness and God's grace can reach them. One second of God-realization will dispel any sin, any disease, or any fear that has ever existed on the face of the earth-but it must be God-realization and not just talk about God or preaching about God. God-experience must come to you, and that experience is what dispels the sins, diseases, and illusions of the world. Keep your consciousness attuned to God, never bringing your thought down to the level of a patient, a discord, or an ... Out of the spiritualized individual consciousness come the great works of the masters, and in proportion to this deepening and enriching of consciousness will come forth the great works given you to do. I do not expect that the day will ever come when there will be one church on earth, since for many generations to come there will be varying states and stages of consciousness, but this need not in any way interfere with the ultimate realization of the great truth that there is but one God, and this God is the God of all churches, and therefore, regardless of our affiliation or nonaffiliation, we are brothers to one another. And now a final word: If you find it difficult to forgive those who have offended you or yours, pray daily that God forgive them. Forgiveness is one of the great spiritual qualities, but personal sense does make it difficult at times for us to understand and demonstrate the true nature of forgiveness. Nevertheless, we can always turn to God and ask that God forgive ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...in Prayer with the Word God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:01- 119K
Find Similar Documents
Practicing the Presence: Chapter III, God the Only Power
- CHAPTER III GOD THE ONLY POWER Thus saith the Lord, the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. ISAIAH 44:6 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. DEUTERONOMY 6:5 Throughout all time, scripture has revealed that God is the only power, but who has accepted this literally? Even in the Bible, there are accounts of people fighting, one against another. The teaching of most religionists of the world has been that there are two powers, the power of God and the power of the devil: The power of God is good and blesses; the power of the devil is evil and damns. Always there are these two powers; always God is battling the devil for control of man's soul; and always the question is: Who is going to win? Today it is the same story. Accidents, disasters, and sickness are explained either on the basis of two powers, or by making God responsible for these evils. How can God be held responsible for any evil in the light of the message and mission of the Master, which was the healing of the sick, the raising of the dead, the feeding of the hungry, and the overcoming of every kind of disaster. The Master said, "I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill," so none of these things can possibly be the will of God. In the presence of God, there is no evil. If God tolerates the sin, disease, and death that we are experiencing, what chance have we to survive or overcome them? If God is permitting these evils, or if God is a human parent teaching us a lesson, how can we rise above them and return to the Father's house? From the very beginning of our spiritual study, we have learned that God is the one power, the all-power, and not only the all-power, but the all-good power. Is it then possible for an all-good power to create, permit, tolerate, or send forth evil? In The Infinite Way, we engage in what is called spiritual healing so we must have a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter III, God the Only Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:02- 120K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 3, Get Thee Hence Satan
- 3) "Get Thee Hence, Satan" It took a really great mystic to discover the secret of impersonal evil and devise the name "devil" or "Satan" for it. This devil or Satan, as it was first conceived, did not mean an opponent of God; it had no such meaning at all. Instead, it meant something in the nature of a tempter-not a power or a person, but a tempter offering temptation. The evil is never in us; it is the tempter that tempts us into sin, disease, death, lack, and limitation, and this tempter should be recognized at all times as the impersonal source of evil. When the devil stood before Jesus in the wilderness tempting him to turn the stones into bread, Jesus answered, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." 1 Again Satan tempted the Master to cast himself down from the pinnacle of the temple, and Jesus' answer was, "Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God." 2 Once more Satan offered him temptation in the form of worldly glory, and to this, Jesus replied, "Get thee hence, Satan." 3 With this recognition of the devil as the impersonal source of evil, Satan left him. From then on what do we hear about Satan as far as the Master is concerned? He does not appear any more. He seems to have faded out, right there and then. With that "Get thee hence, Satan," Satan is no more. The Master is alone, alone with God, consciously one with God, the victor, with full dominion. But the tempter, the devil, is gone; the temptation is gone. TEMPTATION ALWAYS APPEARS AS A PERSON OR A CONDITION Every need for help for yourself or any call for help that comes from someone else should be recognized as a temptation, a temptation to be rejected. Even if it should be someone close to a hundred years, suffering from old age, remember that the claim of age has to do merely with the calendar. The calendar affects us only if we accept it, keep looking at it every day, and wondering what story it tells, instead of proving how impersonal it can ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 3, Get Thee Hence Satan.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:04- 163K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 15, Universality of God
- ~ 15 ~ UNIVERSALITY OF GOD IN THE BOOK OF JOHN, just before the twelfth chapter, we have the Master raising Lazarus from the dead. When Chapter twelve opens the Master is coming to Bethany and there, a supper is prepared for him. The supper is prepared by Mary, the sister of Lazarus, and Lazarus himself is at that supper. Of course, this little town is very much excited about all of these experiences-Lazarus being raised from the dead; Lazarus even eating supper after having been dead and in the tomb. We, of course, might imagine that this was an occasion for rejoicing and for everybody to be happy and celebrating. But that is only because we are apt to think too quickly and to believe that the whole world wants truth, that the whole world wants this evidence of the dead being raised to life and sinners being reformed. In this experience there were two of these events: one the raising of the dead, and the other, Mary Magdalene kissing the feet of the Master, pouring oil upon him-a sinner reformed. But the "world" as a world does not like these things, and more especially the Church that cannot produce such healings, dares not like them, and here we find the first murmurings of resentment and discontent, rising to greater heights and here the Master realizes that trouble lies ahead. We are in Chapter twelve beginning with verse 23: Jesus says, "The hour is come, that the Son of Man should be glorified. Verily, verily, I say unto you; except a corn (kernel) of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit." 1 Now, here, just for a moment, we have the principle, the very principle itself, on which my own unfoldment is based. Everything that you are reading in my writings, all that you will gather from my classes, is based on that very statement that unless the seed "fall into the ground and die," it does not bear fruit. Translating that into our language of today, it means this: that unless we die to our humanhood, we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 15, Universality of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:08- 119K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 10, Rejecting Appearances and Concepts
- Chapter Ten Rejecting Appearances and Concepts It was not easy for the followers of the Masters to be told, "My kingdom is not of this world." The only world they knew was the world of Roman domination, the world of the synagogue and the temple, the world of the farm and trade. There was no hint in their teaching that there was any other world except the one to be found after death. That there could be another world, another kingdom here and now, was entirely outside the belief of the human being who lived out from the pairs of opposites. Jesus tried in many different ways to let his followers know about this kingdom. When he spoke of a bread and a meat the world knows not, he was speaking of the bread of a different kingdom, an entirely different consciousness. He spoke of living waters and the many mansions in the Father's house. Most of the Hebrews knew nothing about mansions. Most of them were hard workers and yet he told them, "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."1 Where was that place? What did he mean? They were expecting Jesus to go to Jerusalem and overthrow not only the temple but Rome as well: They were expecting that he would overthrow one temporal kingdom and present them with another temporal government. But when he got there, he did not do any overthrowing. It is not too different today when on the one hand there are people who are trying to overthrow the temporal kingdom of communism, and, on the other hand, the communists are trying to overcome or overthrow the temporal kingdom of capitalism, both of them hoping to replace the form they oppose with some form they consider better. That is about as high as the human mind can reach: a better temporal kingdom or a healthier body. Man's Expansion into Outer Space Broke Limitations It is hard for a human being to go higher in consciousness than to think in terms other than that of a healthy body instead of a sick one, a young ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ng Appearances and Concepts.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:15- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 12, The Transition to Christhood
- ... But it cannot be ruled out of your consciousness while you are living on the human plane, which is under the law. It can be ruled out of your consciousness only if you will accept yourself as the Christ, or as a disciple or apostle of the Christ, and realize that you have moved from the human state of consciousness to the spiritual. You are now at that place where your life is a life of forgiveness, a benediction, a blessing, and no evil can come nigh you because you are not seeking anything. You are not even seeking good. As long as you are not seeking, you are not going to receive. You will always be. This is your real nature: being! I and the Father are one in being and in essence. I and the Father are ... To pray for the world means to look out as if seeing this globe of the universe in front of you, and feel your hands or your love going out around that globe with "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do. I pray that your sins be forgiven you. I pray that the Christ dwell in your heart. I pray that no penalties ever be inflicted upon you for the past. I pray that you know spiritual freedom, spiritual justice, spiritual life, and spiritual law." Hold that globe in a whole armful of love, understanding, and forgiveness, and allow no thought of victory to enter your mind: no victory over man, no victory over ideologies, no victory over nations-not victories, but peace. There never can be peace when there are victories, because with every victory there is a loss, and the loser must always think about the next possibility of gain. Never think of victories: think of peace. "My peace I give unto you."17 Keep that globe in your arms: "'My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you,'17 My peace, spiritual peace, the peace that brings with it forgiveness and comfort. My comfort give I unto you; spiritual comfort." Remember that you have moved. You are not sitting at the feet of the Master; you are sitting beside the Master, and you now ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Transition to Christhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:16- 122K
Find Similar Documents