Consciousness Transformed: September 28, 1963, Two Covenants
- TWO COVENANTS September 28, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD AFTERNOON. There are two covenants: the human and the divine, the mental and the spiritual, and there is absolutely no way for the human being to pray to God or make contact with God. The only contact there can be with God is in silence, and that does not mean the absence of noise. It means the silencing of human will and personal desire. Spiritual silence, "be still and know," has no reference to sound. Be still means to have no will or desire of your own. Keep your humanhood still and then be willing that the grace of God fill your consciousness. How it will appear in the outer form you will have no possible way of knowing. It really is a mystery, and how it is accomplished is an even greater mystery. When the work of The Infinite Way started in California, none of us believed that it would ever extend outside of California. As a matter of fact it was a surprise when the work moved up as far as Northern California, and when we were functioning there none of us dreamed of going outside of that state. Actually it was a great surprise when I was invited to Portland, Oregon! And so it has been ever since-a surprise. Only an act of divine grace could have continued moving us from place to place to place, until the globe was circled. When you go to God it must be with no thoughts and with no desire. You go to God to attune yourself to God's grace and, whatever form it takes, that is what you must follow. There will always be a divided world and an unsuccessful world as long as people are praying for things, conditions, persons. I know through the healing work that you cannot pray for persons. It has always been horrible to me to think of God healing Mrs. Brown and Mrs. Smith, but not healing Mrs. Jones. No, in healing work the person who has asked for help has attuned to your consciousness and, when you are spiritually attuned, they are spiritually attuned and receive the benefits of that attuning. It is for this ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ber 28, 1963, Two Covenants.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:21- 95K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 1, Living by the Word
- Chapter One Living by the Word There comes a certain moment in the experience of every person when a touch of the Spirit breaks through into consciousness, when a ray of light penetrates, not because of him, but in spite of him. From the moment that ray touches him, the end is inevitable: he is going to find his way to the very center of his being, right to the throne of God. For some, the way is long and difficult because of the many facets of humanhood which have been built up and from which we cannot free ourselves. We do not find it easy to let go of many of the qualities which hold us back; and I am not thinking only of the evil qualities. Some of the good ones, too, are positive deterrents to our spiritual progress. As this ray of light continues to penetrate, it pushes us, it leads us, even to the point of stumbling. We have periods of gradual growth toward spiritual consciousness, and then all of a sudden we get a wallop that sets us back about ten degrees, and we have to pick ourselves up and begin all over again. That happens to everybody on this path, who, like most of us, yields reluctantly to the spiritual impulse. There are a few gifted individuals who, before this present experience on earth, have been so wonderfully prepared that their way seems to be much easier than ours. They seem to perceive spiritual light quickly, and their progress appears always to be onward and upward. In that purity of consciousness, the childlike consciousness, which many adults have brought over with them from their previous development, the ascent into spiritual consciousness is a beautiful one, gradual and harmonious, and beset with very few problems, and even those few not of their own making but having to do mostly with their families, friends, and that which they have picked up on the journey. For most people, however, the path is up and down, and usually there comes the realization at the end of a year or two, and possibly at the end of every year or two, "Well, I ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 1, Living by the Word.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:47- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter IX, The Silver Is Mine
- CHAPTER IX THE SILVER IS MINE The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the Lord of hosts. The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the Lord of hosts. HAGGAI 2:8, 9 Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it. PSALMS 127:1 "Except the Lord build the house," unless God is understood to be the source of our supply, there is no permanent supply. This "house" is our individual consciousness: When this consciousness is unenlightened human consciousness, it is barren; it lacks the spiritual substance from which supply flows. "Ye have sown much, and bring in little; ye eat, but ye have not enough; ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm; and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes." All this is true of you-"ye," the unenlightened consciousness. As human beings, we all have sown much and reaped little; we have worked hard and many times accomplished nothing; we have earned wages and often have had nothing left, because all this came from an unenriched, barren consciousness. Out of the barrenness of human consciousness, regardless of what we build, our efforts are not permanent or lasting. We eat, and hunger again; we drink, and thirst again; we engage in all the activities of human life, but nothing endures. "It is vain . . . to rise up early, to sit up late" trying to demonstrate supply. Then we are told: "Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Consider your ways." With this admonition, comes the instruction to go up to the mountain: to go up into a high state of consciousness; to go into the high places, and from there "bring wood, and build the house." Every time we meditate or fill ourselves with "the meat ye know not of" or the water of life or the wine of life, or the bread of life, meaning spiritual substance and food, we are building the house of spiritual consciousness, a consciousness of truth. When that house has been built, the Lord says, "I ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter IX, The Silver Is Mine.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:28- 83K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: October 1955, The Invisible Nature of Your Life
- CHAPTER TEN: OCTOBER The Invisible Nature of Your Life "Ye have sown much, and bring in little: ye eat, but ye have not enough; ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm; and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes. Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Consider your ways. Go up to the mountain, and bring wood, and build the house; and I will take pleasure in it, and I will be glorified, saith the Lord. Ye looked for much, and, lo, it came to little; and when ye brought it home, I did blow upon it. Why? saith the Lord of hosts. Because of mine house that is waste, and ye run every man unto his own house. Therefore the heaven over you is stayed from dew, and the earth is stayed from her fruit. And I called for a drought upon the land, and upon the mountains, and upon the corn, and upon the new wine, and upon the oil, and upon that which the ground bringeth forth, and upon men, and upon cattle, and upon all the labor of the hands." (Hag. 1:6-11.) GOD, the Infinite Invisible (your individual consciousness) is the Source and Fount of your being, from which flows the Water of Eternal Life. Therefore, your individual consciousness is the storehouse of infinite spiritual unfoldment, and out of the enriched spiritual awareness comes all the joys and blessings of a complete and satisfying life. When this consciousness is what we term human, it is barren: it lacks the substance and the elements from which spiritual or perfect harmonious demonstration must flow. Instead of coming into the realization that God is your consciousness, "ye run every man unto his own house"-unto your own sense of spirituality and wisdom and supply, and, in thus looking to your personal selfhood, find that regardless of what you draw from it, you receive no sense of permanent good or satisfaction. "Ye looked for much, and it came to little." We have all sown much, but have brought in little; we have worked hard, but have accomplished ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...visible Nature of Your Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:10- 136K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 13, Solving Individual Problems
- ~ 13 ~ SOLVING INDIVIDUAL PROBLEMS WITHOUT A KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING of God, there is no spiritual message, there is no spiritual mission, and there is no spiritual life. Throughout the ages, the worship of God as something or someone far-off and the worship of a God who must be appealed to, petitioned, or told our needs has prevented us from experiencing the presence and power of God. Today, we have made a real advance spiritually because we are beginning to understand that God is divine consciousness, life eternal, and even more than this, that God is the life and the consciousness of individual you and me. God is not only principle, Soul, or consciousness, but the consciousness and Soul of each and every one of us, the very Spirit, animating principle, and law of our being. Unless a person clearly perceives the truth of Jesus' statement, "I and my Father are one," 1 he will not understand why and how it is that all that the Father has is his. The longer we perpetuate God as something separate and apart from ourselves, the longer will we be seeking to get our allness from a God somewhere outside of us. In proportion, however, as we realize that God is closer to us than breathing, and that Jesus knew what he was talking about when he said, "The kingdom of God is within you 2 . . . I and my Father are one 3 . . . Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine," 4 will we understand that all that the Father has is ours. In that realization, we are able to give up fear. We all know the terrors of fear, so it is natural to ask, "How can I lose fear? How can I give up my fear?" There is only one way, and that is to know God as the very reality of our being. If we know God to be our life, how then can we fear for our life, for our supply, or for our security? It is our realization of our oneness with God which constitutes our safety and security, our health, longevity, immortality and eternality. In no way can we overcome fear as long as we believe that we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Solving Individual Problems.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:45- 117K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 1, Creative Meditation
- ... Now remember that everyone in the human world is faced with the belief of a physical body. They are faced with the belief of physical supply. And right now, they are being faced with the belief of atomic bombs and rumors of wars. In the human picture there is no way of avoiding those experiences or of rising above them. The only way is the spiritual way, and the spiritual way is that way where the Christ becomes the reality of our being! And when we begin to look out from the standpoint of God, the sum total of all creation, then we are fulfilling the greatest law ever revealed by Jesus Christ-the law of forgiveness. There is no greater law than that of forgiveness. Remember, love God with all thy might and love your neighbor as yourself. That neighbor is every human being on earth, every animal, every plant! And there is no way you can love them while holding them in condemnation. In this meditation, then, see and understand that God is the life, soul, mind, not only of friends, but of all so-called enemies. And, in that way, you will eliminate all enemies. Jesus said to Pilate, "Thou canst have no power over me, unless it came from the Father in heaven." 8 That is our answer to enemies or enmity of every form whether appearing as man, sin, disease, or lack. Some of you who heard me in January will remember how many times I stressed this fact: that this law of forgiving, this law of forgiveness, is the real law of demonstration. This ability to see God as the mind, the life and soul of enemies as well as of friends. Why? Because not only in the Old Testament, but all the way through the teachings of Jesus, we have this reminder-the first commandment is the secret of life. Only one God, only one life; the life of every one of us; the life of our so-called enemies. God is the only mind, and therefore God must be the mind of what we call enemies! Only one God, and only one creation-and all spiritual! In that meditation, can you not see that as long as your ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 1, Creative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:05- 108K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 12, God Consciousness
- ~ 12 ~ GOD CONSCIOUSNESS NOW, YOU HAVE FOLLOWED ALONG with me in these talks and have heard the foundation of the message, namely, that everything begins with the understanding of God, and without the knowledge of God, there is no spiritual message, there is no spiritual mission, there is no spiritual life. The worship of God as something or someone afar off has separated man from his spiritual life throughout the ages. This worship of a distant God that must be appealed to, must be petitioned, or must be told our needs; all of this has separated us from the actual presence and power of God. In these "latter days" we are beginning to understand that God is, as the poet said, one who hears: "Closer is he than breathing, nearer than hands and feet." 1 In other words, in confirmation of the teaching of Jesus, the kingdom of God is within you. We have learned that God is divine mind; that God is life eternal; that God is more than all this-God is the life and the mind of individual you and me. And this is where we have made our first gain over the ancients: We have not merely learned that God is principle, we have not merely learned that God is soul or consciousness, but we have learned that God is the consciousness and soul of me, the very spirit, the animating principle and law of my being. Unless one clearly perceives this truth that, "I and the Father are one," 2 he will not understand why it is or how it is that, "All that the Father has is mine." 3 The longer you perpetuate God as something separate and apart from yourself, the longer you will be seeking to get your allness from that God. In proportion, however, as you realize that God is closer to us than breathing, that Jesus knew what he was talking about when he said, "The kingdom of God is within you" 4 and "I and the Father are one," to that degree will you realize that all that the Father has is yours. Therefore you do not have to pray for it. Prayer becomes not an asking of God but a realization of the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 12, God Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:08- 115K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Ruth and Naomi
- RUTH AND NAOMI NAOMI is the individual soul when it has failed to realize its oneness with God; it is seeking good in the material realm. Naomi may be the state of your being when, not rising to the spiritual consciousness in which you live, move and have your being, you start out to seek your good through material means and human beings. Your Soul is God, but when this sense of separation from good arises in you, and you start looking for good in the outer realm, in things or persons, that is when you are the Naomi state of consciousness, and when thus seeking, you are seeking it in Moab. The metaphysical interpretation of Moab is sense consciousness, or material sense. Ruth, of course, represents the beautiful, the thought which loves the one good - spirituality. You have forgotten that "all that the Father hath is thine"; that you need not seek or labor for your good; that you do not even have to earn or deserve it. You need only realize that "I and my Father are one"-you are "joint-heir with Christ" to all the heavenly riches. Then you would not have to suffer the experiences through which you now follow Naomi. Naomi having left her divine state of spiritual consciousness in which is her eternal substance (Beth-lehem-judah) and gone down into materiality (Moab), now loses all her earthly possessions: husband, sons and lands. She has left, however, one spiritual idea, Ruth, and with this one Light within her consciousness, Naomi returns to her original home, spiritual consciousness (Beth- lehem-judah) and through Ruth realizes again her rightful consciousness, home and security. Ruth, the spiritual Light, shines in ail individual consciousness to show us and lead us to home, heaven or harmony. This Light appears now as Ruth, again as Moses leading the Hebrews to the Promised Land, and again as Christ revealing through Jesus the Kingdom of God within you, lifting you from sense to Soul. Within each one, regardless of where he may be at any moment, there is always ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...f Scripture_ Ruth and Naomi.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:17- 85K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 4, Prayer
- ~ 4 ~ PRAYER Prayer is our contact, our means of communion with God through which harmony is revealed. God is, that we know. God is peace, harmony and supply. God is safety and security. God is our rock, our high tower, our dwelling place-God is. Notwithstanding the Is-ness and All-ness of God, the world is filled with discords, inharmonies, sin, disease, lack, envy, jealousy, malice, hatred and misrepresentation. All forms of negative influences and conditions seem to pervade the world and we are all innocent victims of them. Again and again the question is asked: If God is Good, if God is Life, if God is Love, how can these things be? And the answer is this: as long as a sense of separation exists between us and that which we call God, these discords must inevitably be, and will be, until we find our way back to our Father's House-to God-consciousness. All of human existence is a journey-a journey from sense to Soul: the prodigal's experience from the depths to his return to his Father's House. This is our journey, and our goal is God. How do we reach God? How do we attain our goal? The answer is always the same-through prayer. Prayer never fails. Some of you may question that statement, "prayer never fails." That which we knew as prayer in our orthodox Christian, Jewish, Muhammadan, Hindu days is not prayer at all. That which we have been taught from childhood, and that which is taught even today in most churches really is not prayer. These were the beginning steps on the subject of prayer, and were perhaps the only language we could understand at the moment. No doubt, every prayer from "Now I lay me down to sleep" on up to "The Lord's Prayer" have been helpful steps toward the realization of true prayer. What, then, is true prayer? What is the prayer that leads us unto God? What is the nature of the prayer that reveals our health and supply, our companionship, and the harmonies of everyday living? We know that God is the goal, and our work is to attain that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Letters_ Chapter 4, Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:54- 102K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 8, The Way of Grace
- ~ 8 ~ THE WAY OF GRACE In the metaphysical world, the attention given the subject of supply is almost equal to the attention given the subject of health. Sometimes, however, spiritual freedom in the area of supply is not as easily attained as is freedom in the area of health. But because the basic truth about health is also the truth about supply, there should be no difference in attaining the consciousness of either supply or health. Nevertheless there seems to be; and often it is not easy to convince the human mind of the ever-availability of supply. A person may have been on the metaphysical path ten, twenty, or thirty years, but when the thought of supply comes to his mind, with it comes the thought of money, also, because to him supply and money are synonymous. Of course, they are not the same at all, but because they seem to be the same to the human mind, it is difficult to separate the one from the other. Contrary to all human belief, supply is the word of God, and unless we are receiving the word of God, we are not receiving supply. "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." 1 Bread alone does not suffice. No, we live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. Daily we pray for bread, but not for baker's bread. We pray for the bread that is the word of God, and the way in which we receive it is to open our consciousness to receive that Word which is the bread of life, the meat, the wine and the water. Anyone who believes that he is going to be fed permanently and abundantly by any other means than by receiving the word of God has entirely missed the way. No matter how much money a person might temporarily have, without the word of God he does not have supply: he merely has money, and it has been truly said that money has wings. Receptivity to God's Grace, Essential We do not live by money but by the grace of God, and that Grace is already within our consciousness because God constitutes our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 8, The Way of Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:11- 133K
Find Similar Documents