Invisible Supply: Chapter 8, Three Principles of Healing
- CHAPTER 8 THREE PRINCIPLES OF HEALING There are three specific principles of The Infinite Way that we are to apply in meeting the problems of our everyday living. They also constitute the healing principles of The Infinite Way. Probably the most important principle in the message of The Infinite Way is that we never use God for any purpose. We never use God nor do we use Truth to overcome sin, disease, or death. On the contrary, in The Infinite Way we seek to become the instruments of Truth. We open ourselves so that we may be used by God, by Truth. In other words, we seek to become the instruments through which God may manifest Itself as our individual being and live Its life as us to guide, direct, govern, sustain, maintain, support, and supply. God Uses Us to Heal When we in our silence and stillness become in body and mind the instrument of God-the Infinite Love, the Infinite Wisdom, the Infinite Life-It can manifest Itself as us and perform Its functions through us. God or Truth can use us and can manifest Itself through us as healings if we have chosen the healing profession, as inventions if we are inventors, as music if we are composers, and so forth. Since God is Omniscience (Infinite Wisdom), all emanations are of God, whether they appear as engineering designs, scientific discoveries, literary works, or art works. Whatever form they take, they must be emanations of God since He is Infinite Wisdom and we are merely the instruments through which the Infinite Wisdom is manifested. Therefore our approach to life is not learning how to use Truth or God, but how to be so receptive and responsive to the Divine Impulse that Truth can use us. Life can flow through us as our life, and Wisdom can flow through us as our wisdom. But it is not ours; it is God's. God Is the Only Power Afflictions, discords, diseases, and inharmonies exist in the human experience because of our ignorance of the basic Truth that God alone is Power. It is a universal ignorance, which takes ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Three Principles of Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 102K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 9, The New Dimension
- ~ 9 ~ THE NEW DIMENSION The human scene continues to unfold day by day, as it has throughout all the days of the past. There is always the temptation to hope that things will be different tomorrow. But left to itself, one day will follow another as days always have. The human scene is a state of inertia; it continues being whatever it is now, usually along the same lines. Nothing will be different tomorrow from what it is today, or from what it has been in the past until a new note is brought into the picture. "Strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. 1 . . . I came not to send peace, but a sword." 2 Up to now, what has been said is gentle and sweet, and good-tasting. Now comes the part that makes the "belly bitter" 3 : the living of this truth. This demands sacrifice and great effort. It will not be too difficult for you to remember the truth that you and the Father are one and all that the Father has is yours: the difficulty comes in living it, and it is only in the living of it that it can be demonstrated. Declaring, "I and my Father are one," 4 or declaring your sonship will be of little help to you. You must assume your obligation as a "son." Part of the responsibility entailed in that relationship lies in your readiness and willingness to leave your "nets" in the sense of stopping your search for health and supply and to rest in the conscious awareness of these as divine gifts already established within your being, even though momentarily not visible outwardly. This means no longer voicing truth, but living the truth of your identity, being willing to be called upon to heal or feed the multitudes. Can you do it? You can, if you realize, "I of my own self cannot do it, but by virtue of my divine sonship, I can. All that the Father has is mine: the gift of healing, the infinity of supply, the joy of sharing and the joy of giving, the wisdom of not bearing resentment, anger, malice, and jealousy." That is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 9, The New Dimension.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 106K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 12, The Message of the Bible
- Chapter Twelve The Message of the Bible The state of consciousness you are, the elevation of consciousness you attain, this determines what manner of life you lead. It determines whether you live the life of a grub-worm, of a slave, or a free man, or the life of a spiritual entity. It all depends upon what your state of consciousness is. In one state of consciousness, you could very well have been a slave and had everybody ordering you about. But as, through Grace, a higher realization came, you asserted your dominion and became a free man-still human, but free. As greater light came and your consciousness changed, you realized, "I am not merely a free man. I am a spiritual man. I have God-given strength, God-given dominion, and God-given freedom." Eventually you will reach the place in consciousness where Jesus was when he said, "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me." 1 Jesus had not always been at that stage. At one time he was at the state of other Hebrew rabbis in the temple, but he grew until he came to the passage where he read from the book of Isaiah and said, "The spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised. . . . This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears." 2 With that, he realized, "Why, no, I'm not going to stand on a platform just reading out of a book." So he stepped down from that platform and went out into the world, not as a temple rabbi but as a world rabbi. Later, all that passed from him, and he was no longer a rabbi: he was a Master. So it is that one day you are addressed as housewife or businessman, then one day as a practitioner, and later as teacher. If you keep ascending in consciousness, one day you will be addressed as Master. It all depends on your state of consciousness. If you have advanced to this point, you are already ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...2, The Message of the Bible.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:49- 125K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 4, Christ Raised from the Tomb
- ~ 4 ~ CHRIST RAISED FROM THE TOMB The Hebrews of old foresaw the coming of the Messiah, but because they believed that the Messiah would be some kind of great king or general, someone who could lead them to victory over Caesar or perhaps even over their own Sanhedrin, a man who would turn the evil conditions of their day into good conditions, they were unable to accept the gentle Master. Instead of understanding that "My kingdom" is not of this world, they accepted the God of the Forty- seventh Psalm: O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph. For the Lord most high is terrible; he is a great King over all the earth. He shall subdue the people under us, and the nations under our feet. From the time of the Hebrews under Pharaoh unto this very day, the same prayer has gone up, the same psalms have been sung, and the same hope expressed that God will subdue nations, remove tyrants, and overcome the armies of the aliens. Should not thousands of years of such praying have proved that God has done none of these things up to now, and that there is no likelihood of his doing them at any future date? In the Forty-sixth Psalm there is an indication that the nature of God has been misunderstood, and that that is one reason peace on earth and good will to men have not been experienced. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early. The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted. The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Come, behold the works ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Christ Raised from the Tomb.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:57- 130K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XVII, If I Be Lifted Up
- CHAPTER XVII IF I BE LIFTED UP Now we have done with words and thoughts and have entered that place of communion with God. "Yet in my flesh shall I see God." When? When we are still; when we have obeyed the First Commandment, recognizing only one power and acknowledging God as the central theme of our being; when we have loosed all erroneous concepts, as but the "arm of flesh," nothingness; then we stand in that consciousness of oneness and let the light within us shine. The weapons of human belief-human concepts and human thoughts-have no power against that person who has consciously realized his oneness with God and his oneness with everything on every level of life. There need be no words and no thoughts; there must only be the inner feel of that union which may express itself as words. All that God is, I am. Thou seest me; thou seest the Father shining right through me, for I and the Father are one: I in Him, and He in me; I in you, and you in me; and all one in Christ Jesus-in spiritual being, in spiritual sonship and identity. There is nothing in this world antagonistic to me, and I am antagonistic to nothing in this world because my oneness with the Father constitutes my oneness with all spiritual being. God speaks the universal language of Spirit: We may hear God actually as a voice in our ear, or we may see God as light, or as a form; but on the other hand we may feel God only as a release, a warmth, or as a lifting in consciousness. There will be a sign; there will be a signal-but no sign shall be given in advance: These signs shall follow them that have this conscious awareness! Therefore, our prayer in its highest sense is the prayer of contact, the prayer of communion, in which no words or thoughts pass from us to God, and there may not even be words or thoughts from God to us, but there will be an awareness, there will be a sense of communion, an inner peace. True prayer comes to its completeness and perfection when there is no desire; it comes to full ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter XVII, If I Be Lifted Up.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:34- 106K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 2, Remolding Consciousness
- Chapter Two Remolding Consciousness When the first railroad trains ran from New York to Philadelphia, their speed was about twenty-five miles an hour. In one of the medical journals of that day, a doctor wrote that traveling at such a speed should be stopped by legislation because the human body could not tolerate a speed of over twenty-two miles an hour and, by continuing such a practice, our population would be killed off. As short a time ago as in my boyhood days, Barney Oldfield made his reputation as a daredevil racing driver by driving an automobile at fifty-five to sixty miles an hour. Recently we have broken through to another dimension where it is taken for granted that men can fly three times around the earth in an afternoon. Each one of these steps involved a change of consciousness, first on the part of those who had the vision to go into uncharted areas of consciousness relative to time and space, and then on the part of the entire public in being able to follow them. We were born into a state of consciousness that accepted two powers, that accepted evil as a power and good as a power, and we have become accustomed to the idea that evil is considerably more powerful than good. We are not nearly as expectant of being healed as we are of being sick. We are not nearly as expectant of prosperity as we are of long periods of lack of prosperity. We tend to succumb to the belief that prosperity is too good to be true. What is too good to be true? That good should be greater than evil? Does this seem too good to be true? Through the newly-discovered mental sciences, there have been numerous proofs in this century that good is more powerful than evil. There probably are a million or more people in the world who believe that good is more powerful than evil and that good can overcome evil. Hardly had this state of consciousness been reached when along came the Infinite Way which teaches that we must leave behind the belief that good is more powerful than evil. We ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 2, Remolding Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:35- 120K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 1, Governed By God Or Goverened By Man
- I governed by god or governed by man? E VERY FOUR YEARS, as attention in the United States is focused upon the selection of the President and Vice President of the United States, Infinite Way students are reminded of how important it is to realize that "the government is on His shoulders." 1 The "ten righteous men," 2 those who know this truth, can play a significant role in bringing to pass God's government on earth as it is in heaven. An election is an opportunity for citizens to exercise the franchise and vote for the candidates of their choice. To vote intelligently and fulfill his responsibility as a citizen, every voter should be thoroughly familiar with the issues and know how each candidate stands on these issues, not only in terms of what he says but in terms of his record. It is the responsibility of an informed citizenry, and Infinite Way students should fall into that category. Over and above that, and even more important, is the meditation or spiritual work in which each student engages to the end, that citizens are not swayed by the carnal mind and the highly charged emotional promotional activities characteristic of a typical presidential campaign. Each student should realize that the universal human mind, with its lust for power, greed, and self-seeking, is not power in the realized presence of God; that this election, as an activity for the preservation of freedom, is taking place within the one Consciousness, which is Intelligence and Love, and that only I votes. That I is the divine Consciousness, individualized. It is guided by a wisdom beyond human understanding and is, therefore, unerring in Its judgment. The Foundation of Freedom No one can guarantee you, as American citizens, freedom, except yourselves. And if you study the issues of your political life to such an extent and with such a clarity of thought that you can go to the polls and vote intelligently, that freedom will continue. And if not, be assured of this: If you allow the mesmerism ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 1.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:07- 81K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: December 1959, Christhood
- CHAPTER TWELVE: DECEMBER Christhood RUNNING throughout the early history of the Hebrew people as recorded in the Bible is one central theme-the revelation of the Christ. All the prophets, major and minor, in some degree demonstrated the omnipresence of good in the midst of darkness, despair, lack, limitation, starvation, and danger. All the major Hebrew prophets protected their people from the disasters of war and the depredations of neighboring nations; protected them from famine, lack, and limitation; protected them from greater physical powers than their own; and overcame the handicaps that tended to prevent them from securing some measure of education and economic and political independence. In other words, they demonstrated the Christ. Even though nowhere in any Hebrew literature with which I am familiar does it seem to be recognized that what every one of these prophets was demonstrating was in reality the activity and presence of the Christ in human consciousness; nevertheless, these great demonstrations of protection, supply, and harmony, as narrated in the books of the Old Testament, were not tricks of magic, making something appear out of nothing: They were demonstrations of the presence of the Christ under every adverse circumstance and condition. God-Power Individualized The point is that not only is God power, but a person can demonstrate this power, and the individual demonstration of the power of God is tangible evidence of the activity of the Christ in human consciousness. God is one and God is power, and the individual showing forth of this God-power is the Christ made manifest, the Word made flesh. Only as we read the record of the various Hebrew prophets, do we catch a glimpse of the fact that they themselves realized the omnipresence of God-power in them and recognized that they individually were exemplifying It. The New Testament is a continuation of the history of the Hebrew people, but of a people now raised to a higher dimension of life, and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ December 1959, Christhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:59- 123K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: November 1959, Prayer And Treatment Through The Spirit
- CHAPTER ELEVEN: NOVEMBER Prayer and Treatment Through the Spirit PROBABLY one of the greatest differences between the message of The Infinite Way and most other religious teachings, whether orthodox or metaphysical, is that in The Infinite Way no power is given to any word that is spoken or thought. No confidence is placed in mere statements of truth, wordy prayers, affirmations, or denials, unless these are uttered out of a realized spiritual consciousness. No treatment or prayer can rise any higher than the consciousness from which it emanates. None of the truth read in books and none of the statements of truth made to a person-none of this is spiritual power unless it flows out of an attained spiritual consciousness, that is, unless the person making the statement is in the Spirit when he voices truth, writes, thinks, declares it, or prays. Unless he is in the Spirit, his prayer or his treatment will rise no higher than the level of his own mind. If you pray or treat with your three-dimensional human consciousness, some measure of human demonstration or human improvement can be expected, but the amount of that fruitage will only be in proportion to your human faith, or belief, or to your powers of mental concentration. It is somewhat like the fifteen people who are healed every year out of the hundred thousand or so who make pilgrimages to Lourdes. Those fifteen people are healed because of the intensity of their own faith and emotion, and their healing has nothing to do with God. Much metaphysical healing work is accomplished by the faith and emotion of the practitioner, as well as by that of the patient. Sometimes patients bring with them a great deal of hope and confidence when they turn to a practitioner for help -hope, faith, and confidence in God, in the practitioner, or sometimes in a particular approach to truth. But real spiritual demonstration-actual spiritual healing-is largely dependent upon the ability of the individual who is the practitioner to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...reatment Through The Spirit.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:10- 144K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: October 1957, Bear Witness
- CHAPTER TEN: OCTOBER Bear Witness For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard. Acts 22:15 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. John 1:6-8 We speak what we do know, and testify that we have seen. John 3:11 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. John 5:31 And we are his witnesses of these things. Acts 5:32 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen; that we may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. Isaiah 43:10 IN a courtroom, a witness mounts the witness stand, not to interpret his observations, but simply to tell what he has seen. A witness bears witness to that which he has seen take place. At no point should a witness say, "I brought this about; I did this; or I helped this"; but rather, "This is what I saw, and I am repeating it as I saw it." That is what the Master meant by bearing witness to God. The Master bore witness to God's power. He claimed no power for himself, "I can of mine own self do nothing . . . 1 the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works," 2 that is, "I bear witness to that which I see the Father do." In The Infinite Way, we do not use God. Instead we sit in quietness and stillness, watching God do the work. Then we can say, "I witnessed a healing; I witnessed the activity of God in human affairs; I did not do it; I had no part in it, but I bore witness to God performing His work." Let us suppose that a call for help comes to us. Can I give the help or can you give it? Those of us who have been the instruments for healing know the answer to that question: No human being can give that help. If God does not answer the call, it will not be answered. But you say, "God is not answering all the calls that go out to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... October 1957, Bear Witness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:11- 153K
Find Similar Documents