Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 14, God's Grace Is Yours
- CHAPTER 14 God's Grace Is Yours ABIDE IN this Word, "I am; all that God is, I am; and all that the Father hath is mine." Then you will understand all of the Infinite Way writings, because they repeat over and over the Master's words "I have meat the world knows not of. I have hidden manna. I will never leave me nor forsake me. I was with me before the world began. I will be with me unto the end of the world." Whatever it is that I even think that I need or want, I have only to go within my own being. If I am just still and patient, the assurance will come, "Be not afraid; it is I. I am thy bread, thy meat, thy wine, thy water. I will never leave thee nor forsake thee." It always comes from within. It always has come from within. Ever since my first spiritual experience, that has been my mode of life. Every time that I seem to be separated from any sense of good or any form of good, I have only to go within for the realization, and the assurance is given me. "I go before thee to make the crooked places straight." As you read the writings of The Infinite Way, you will see that the secret of The Infinite Way is in the word I. That is the secret! Even if you go back to my basic textbook, which is the very first book of all, The Infinite Way, you will see that it is founded on God appearing as man. It is not God and man, not man going to God. The whole of The Infinite Way is the revelation that God appears as man. Then all that God Is, I Am; all that the Father has Is mine. So the secret lies in going within to that I which I Am! You see, you do not know Joel at all. You are so far from knowing Joel that if you really do come to find out some day, you will be shocked at how little you ever knew him. You do not know him at all! Joel does not even know himself yet fully, and the reason is, I am Joel, and I have not yet solved the full secret of I. When I find the full secret of I, I will have the full name and identity of Joel. However, what has made The Infinite Way a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 14, God's Grace Is Yours.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:23- 101K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: April 1959, Spiritual Power in Human Affairs
- ... It is for this reason that, even though two thousand years have elapsed since prayer and an approach to the one true God were properly taught, man still finds himself in the position of witnessing, in World War I, World War II, and the Korean War, men gathering together in churches to pray to God for the success of their side, to pray to God to kill all their enemies but not their own boys; men sending chaplains to war to pray for their side that they may be uninjured, not sick and not dead, while they send their own sons to wipe out the enemy, an enemy who has ministers of the same churches praying for this very same thing. This may not seem incongruous to you, but if you could look out with spiritual eyes at the lamentable sight of one man praying for the destruction of another, you would humbly sink to your knees, begging forgiveness that you might ever have been guilty of asking God to give you protection at the expense of a fellow being. Prayer today is about on the same level, on ... Scripture states specifically that if you go to the altar to pray and there remember that any man has aught against you, get up and leave the altar, first make peace with your fellow man, and then return to the altar and pray. Then you will find that your prayers are fulfilled. How do we make this peace? We cannot walk around the world extending our hands to the people in the north, south, east, or west, who at the moment may be our enemies, but we can get up from the altar and go into a quiet spot in our own home and there pray the prayer of forgiveness: Father, forgive them; they do not know what they do. Father, open the eyes and the minds and the hearts and the souls of mankind, whether on our side of the border or on the other, whether on our side of the color line or on the other. Open the minds and the hearts and the souls of mankind to Thy presence and to Thy grace. Then go back to the altar and see how effective prayer can be. At sixteen and a half years of age, it was my good ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tual Power in Human Affairs.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 145K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Eight, I Speaks
- CHAPTER EIGHT I SPEAKS Within each one of us there is a Presence, a something more real than anything we can know, with a vision beyond our vision. This it is that is living our life for us. Too often, however, because we are not aware of this Presence, we are determined to live our own life: to make our own decisions and to rely on our personal wisdom, judgment, or strength; but that is only because we have not yet come into the actual experience of This that is within us. Before this Presence makes Itself known to us, there usually comes a period in which we recognize that It exists. On the metaphysical and sometimes on the spiritual path, the student can believe this only because it is told to him by a teacher who has experienced It or because in the scriptural writings of the world he has read that It exists. In one way or another, regardless of how It is brought to our attention, there must come an awareness that there is a Presence within, a He that is greater than he that is in the world, a Spirit. With this knowledge comes the continuous recognition that It abides within us, that It walks beside us, that It is our vision, our guidance, and our direction. There must be an abiding in that truth until the experience comes to our conscious awareness. When It does, It speaks very much as we might imagine the Master speaking: "Fear not, I am with you. I will never leave you nor forsake you.1 I will be with you to the end of the world.2" It often speaks in the word I: "It is I; be not afraid,3" and It continually brings to our awareness the fact that we are not walking the earth alone. THE TREE INCLUDES ITS BRANCHES Sometimes we feel that when we acknowledge God in us, or the Christ indwelling, we are indulging duality or twoness, but this is not true. It cannot be explained logically any more than God can be explained, but the truth is that this I within us, this presence of God, does not make for duality because It is actually the Self of our being-not only the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... I_ Chapter Eight, I Speaks.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:30- 117K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 11, Seek the Answer Within
- ~ 11 ~ SEEK THE ANSWER WITHIN As you work and study and above all, as you meditate, you will find that the answers to most of the questions that may arise in your mind will be revealed to you in meditation. Entirely different from the knowledge gained through books is that which comes through unfoldment or revelation. A person to whom some spiritual truth has been revealed may be said to know that specific truth, at least as much as concerns that particular unfoldment, but when he attempts to tell anyone else about it, it lacks the authority of first-hand revelation, unless it is imparted by an illumined consciousness, in which case it carries conviction. It is possibly not too broad a statement to say that the majority of the people of the world know practically nothing about the meaning of such apparent intangibles as God, Christ, Truth, Light, or Grace. The little that can be found in dictionaries and reference books is for the most part merely a faint tracing of a tremendously deep subject. Let us assume that we know little or nothing about the Christ. We do know this much, however, that the Christ is not a man; we know that the Christ is not a historical figure. We know that the Christ was not born at a particular time, in a particular country, or of a particular religion. We know that "before Abraham was, I am." 1 Before Abraham, the Christ is. Even unto the end of the world, the Christ is. The Christ is not a person, but rather a presence. But if anyone tried to heal somebody by means of that explanation he would very likely fail because such knowledge of the Christ would be merely in the realm of the intellect. Too much of truth is intellectually known; too little has been realized, and that is the reason for so many failures in healing. Our metaphysical study has convinced many of us intellectually that this is a spiritual universe and that all physical structure-good or bad, healthful or sick-is but an illusory sense of the ever-present harmonious reality. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 11, Seek the Answer Within.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:18- 138K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 4, Fulfillment of Consciousness
- ~ 4 ~ FULFILLMENT OF CONSCIOUSNESS Heav'n the Vision of fulfill'd Desire, and hell the Shadow from a Soul on fire. OMAR KHAYYÁM Everyone who has had the experience of a fulfilled life knows that it is heaven. Everyone who is doing the work he loves to do is in heaven. Heaven is the fulfillment of our own consciousness. Each one of us is in this world because of a divine plan. No one came here by accident; no one came merely through physical creation. All of us are part of a universal plan, and that plan is the fulfillment of God. It is not that any one of us, for some special reason, has been given an unfoldment of truth and an opportunity for study and practice, but that truth, itself, is fulfilling and expressing itself, and we are the transparency as which it appears to the world. Truth is fulfilling itself in some way through or as you, although that fulfillment may not be apparent at the moment. Certainly it is true that most of the people in the world are not fulfilling their destiny as God made manifest and love unfolded and disclosed. The human scene has seemed to cut us off from the divine, so we have accepted a separate identity and have tried to fulfill it. Whether or not we succeed in the outer realm will not determine our fulfillment of heaven. It is the fulfillment of the inner consciousness that is heaven, and it may fulfill itself as a businessman or as a professional man, but it is still consciousness fulfilling itself on the level of consciousness. Success in business, of itself, does not bear witness to the attainment of heaven. Many successful people are unhappy because they are not successful at the particular work which would be the fulfillment of their heart's desire. We have had the experience of studying truth in order to get a healing or to demonstrate supply or success and then have come to the place where we were not satisfied. We may have attained our health or prosperity or success, but still we were not happy. Why? Because those ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ulfillment of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 7, God, The Source and Substance
- CHAPTER 7 GOD, THE SOURCE AND SUBSTANCE Regardless of the degree of spiritual consciousness we have, some around us may not respond. Even the Master, Christ Jesus, could not avoid his Judas, or his doubting Thomas, or his denying Peter, or his disciples asleep in the garden. Peter eventually awakened and undoubtedly atoned in a measure, and probably Thomas did as well. Of Judas's eventual awakening to the spiritual Light we have no record. We do know there must have been a time when Saul of Tarsus could not respond to this spiritual impetus, yet eventually at a certain moment he not only responded to it but he also became a living witness to it. There are moments in the lives of many when they cannot respond to the spiritual influence that is about them. But eventually they will respond, in their time. With some it may take days, weeks, months, or years. With others it may take many lifetimes. But sooner or later, at some time, every knee will bend- every knee! So we need not despair if we find some in our families, in our church groups, or in our national or international life who are not at this moment responding to the spiritual impulse. That brings us to a very important point. In our experience, we are apt to believe that we are being held back by the lack of demonstration on the part of someone around us or that, for one reason or another, their lack of demonstration may be having an adverse influence on us. That would be true only in the degree that we permit it. If we are not yet ready to leave those who are holding back our demonstration, the blame is ours for clinging to the universal belief that our good comes from others or that their good comes from us. To understand how and why this is so, you need to know your true identity and your relationship to God. Your True Identity and Your Relationship to God The Master Jesus tells us that in order to attain the heights of Christhood, we must leave mother, father, brother, and sister for His sake. We must ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...d, The Source and Substance.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:46- 105K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 9, I Have
- Chapter Nine I Have In the mean while his disciples prayed him, saying, Master, eat. But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of. John 4:31,32 This passage of scripture has meant much to me, not only in my personal life, but in the unfoldment of the entire message of the Infinite Way. It is one that I share freely with the students because it illustrates an important spiritual principle. When contemplated and eventually understood, this passage is sufficient to lift anyone out of a mortal sense of life into divine consciousness; it is sufficient to change the entire nature of one's life on earth, to transform lack into abundance and sickness into health. To human sense, everyone lacks something, and everyone is aware of that lack. Surprisingly enough, the little bit a person lacks is as nothing compared with what he already has, and yet instead of abiding in the awareness of what he already has, he takes that for granted, magnifying and multiplying what he has not by letting it occupy his thought, attention, and prayers. When he turns from the little that he has and begins to ponder the abundance of what he has, he discovers many miracles of Grace. The first one that pops into his thought is: "I have life. It is really comforting to know that. Life is God, and if I have life, I have God. If I have God, what more could I want?" It has been said that if a person had God and everything else in the world, he would have nothing more than if he had only God. God is infinite; God is all- inclusive; God embodies all there is. When one discovers that he has God, he also discovers that he has no other needs. To have the understanding that God constitutes one's very life brings with it the conviction that he is already eternal and immortal. If a person abides in the truth that he has meat the world knows not of, that he has that water, wine, and bread of life, he soon discovers that he has everything needful for his unfoldment without taking thought for his ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...the Word_ Chapter 9, I Have.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:49- 125K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Three, The Practicality of Spiritual Living
- ... On the other hand, can you picture the joyful experience of going through life being friends with anybody and everybody in the whole world, knowing that no one has anything you need or want and you have nothing anyone else needs or wants, that all you require unfolds to you from within your own being? That makes sharing a double delight because it is a heartwarming experience to share with those who do not expect it of you or feel that you are under any obligation to them. There is no room in spiritual living or in a spiritual activity for selfishness. The law of God is a law of love and cannot be utilized for selfish purposes. Love is one of the great attributes of God and must be expressed in our daily experience if we are to live in accordance with God's law. We are expressing love in proportion as we release the world of men and women from every form of bondage. When we hold an individual responsible for his sins, we hold him in bondage; but when we loose him and let him go in forgiveness, if necessary in the realization that he knows not what he is doing, we are fulfilling the law of love. There are those in our experience who humanly owe us an obligation, and we express our love by inwardly releasing them from that obligation, but love does not mean that human obligations can be ignored or responsibility shirked with impunity. In fact, sometimes the highest form of love is to require someone to fulfill his responsibility, thereby helping him to fulfill the law of love and giving him an opportunity to grow and live according to the high ethical standards the spiritual life demands. That does not mean, however, that spiritually we hold him in bondage to his debt or obligation, or in any sense are tempted to believe that our own demonstration can ever be affected by the attitude or actions of anyone else. For example, according to all standards of business ethics, partners have obligations to one another, but spiritually, inwardly, each should release the other ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...icality of Spiritual Living.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:00- 109K
Find Similar Documents
The Contemplative Life: Chapter 5, Steps on the Path of Illumination
- ~ 5 ~ STEPS ON THE PATH OF ILLUMINATION The goal of our work is the attainment of some measure of spiritual consciousness: to return to the Father's house and thereby attain some degree of that spiritual light which will result in our again becoming children of God. The human race, as we know it, is not the offspring of God. It would dishonor God to believe that He could create what confronts us as human beings; it would be a travesty on God to believe that the conditions existing in this world today were created by Him. The Master's message was very clearly one of dying daily in order to be reborn of the Spirit. Paul, too, made it clear that as creatures we are not under the law of God, "neither indeed can be," but that we can become children of God, we can return to the Father's house and once again be under the law of God, the protection and care of God. The Master's entire mission was to reveal how the transition from the man of earth to that man who has his being in Christ can be made; his entire mission was to reveal the nature of spiritual revelation, spiritual realization, spiritual attainment. Most of the great religious teachings of the world have adopted as their theme the idea that the man of Adam is outside the Garden of Eden, that is, outside the kingdom of God, and that through spiritual living, practice, and prayer, he can be returned to the Kingdom and again come under the grace of God. This process is known as illumination. Those who are illumined are those who have risen above mortal or material consciousness, those who have received light and, in some cases, initiation. Gaining Freedom from Material and Mental Laws There have been brotherhoods, mystical orders, many of which operated on the principle that the initiate could be prepared by degrees for further light, taken from one stage into another and another until eventually illumination took place, resulting in a transcending of material consciousness into a measure of consciousness whereby ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...on the Path of Illumination.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:38- 135K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 13, Questions and Answers - Revelation of Scripture - The Truth About Prayer
- ~ 13 ~ QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS REVELATION OF SCRIPTURE: THE TRUTH ABOUT PRAYER Happy to have a few questions on the table. We'll answer these first. Question: You don't mention the Lord's Prayer. How does it fit in? Answer: Please let me explain to those who do not know this: There is no part of the Infinite Way message which is mine, that I have ever thought up, or conceived in any way. Every principle that is in our writings and in our work has been given to me from an infinite source, and it does not represent my opinion, my belief, or my concept, separate and apart from the fact that it is mine because it was given to me. In the same way, every passage of scripture that has been spiritually interpreted in our writings has been given to me. Those for which I have not received spiritual interpretation, I have never included in my writings and never will until the interpretation is given to me. The Lord's Prayer is a passage about which I have never had any spiritual unfoldment or revelation. However, there is one part of it that is very much a part of our work because it is a confirmation of other scriptural passages which have been given to me, and which are included in the writings, and that is: "Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors." That I understand full well. Only that which I release can be released within me. Anything that I hold is held against me, but not by any God. It is a reflex action of my own state of consciousness. Therefore, any time that I am holding an individual in absolute, complete unforgiveness, I may rest assured that somewhere, somehow, sometime, I too will be held in unforgiveness, not necessarily by a person, but by my own erroneous clinging to the false sense of man. So I do know this: Whatever you release, you are released from. What you cling to is that which binds you. You are your own liberator. If you cannot accept spiritual principles as they have been revealed by the mystics, you cannot come into the fullness of mystical ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...re - The Truth About Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:51- 146K
Find Similar Documents