1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 1, Welcome the New Year
- ~ 1 ~ WELCOME THE NEW YEAR The world enters what it calls a New Year. There is nothing new in it-only repetition, and many people enter the New Year with fear and trembling, yet wishing and hoping for better lives and conditions. For students of The Infinite Way the question is: How shall we approach the New Year? First of all, let us be faithful to our spiritual heritage as Children of God, and continually remember, "Now therefore, ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow-citizens with the saints, and of the household of God." This means that we understand God as the principle, law, substance and activity of all being and of the universe itself; that thereby, we recognize the spiritual government of man and the universe; that we acknowledge Spirit as the only Power, and Soul as the only Presence. Starting with God as the creative and sustaining principle of all that is, we recognize and acknowledge that "the government shall be upon his shoulder," and therefore, all government, rule and dominion is spiritual, intelligent, loving and perfect. We will clothe ourselves in the realization that God is the Mind, Soul, Spirit and Law unto all spiritual being, and that mortality-which is but mythical existence-is forever without form, and is void. Understanding that error, regardless of its form or name, is not power or law, we will meet whatever human sense brings to the world with the realization that it comes only as suggestion or mirage-without power, or dominion, or control over man or the universe. We will meet lust, greed, mad ambition, stupidity, ignorance and fear as without form or power, since these do not emanate from the One Infinite Invisible. We will know that material force in any form is no more powerful or destructive than mental force, since both represent the nothingness of human belief. We will neither hate nor fear error in any form, since we understand all error as the absence of intelligence, law or power. Regardless of what human ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 1, Welcome the New Year.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:53- 89K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 7, The Middle Path
- ~ 7 ~ THE MIDDLE PATH "Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love. (Gal. 5:2-6) For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature." (Gal. 6:15) Under the Hebrew law circumcision was necessary. It was a part of the ritual, and without it you were not a good Jew and would not, probably, get into a good Jewish heaven. But we do not want to be a good Hebrew-we want to be a good Christian, and so we will not be circumcised! The passages quoted above say that circumcision or uncircumcision availeth nothing. Why is this so? Either way you are under the law, and whatever you are doing in order to be obedient to the law cheats you of Divine Grace. It does not matter whether you want to obey a Hebrew or a Christian law, a Muhammadan or a Hindu law: as long as you want to obey a law you are not under Grace. In setting up a loyalty to a man, a teaching, or a church, what becomes of your loyalty to God? In being loyal to God you cannot be false to any man, or to any organization, but in setting up a separate loyalty or obedience to a man-made rule, you break your allegiance to God. This was discovered at the drawing of the Constitution of the United States. This great document simply would not go together until the writers began to pray and to put God into their sessions. In this connection we find a strange thing: obedience to the Constitution of the United States is not obedience to man-made law. The Constitution is a revelation of liberty, justice and freedom, and these are qualities of God. The ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 7, The Middle Path.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:54- 120K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Love
- ... We close the door on Love in that way when we pray ONLY for Mother or Father or child or friend or relative. When we learn to pray for our enemy as we are taught to do in the Master's teachings, when we learn to pray the prayer of forgiveness for all those who offend us, we then find Love coming to us through unexpected avenues and channels. We, ourselves, limit the amount of Love that ordinarily would be flowing freely to us because we limit it, first of all, to man, and secondly, only to those men and women who comprise our friendly circle. When we go further afield, when we look not only to friends but even to foes for our Love, through the prayer of forgiveness, we widen that circle, and even more so as we realize God is the fount of ALL Love . . . God is the SOURCE of ALL Love. Therefore, it is to God and ONLY to God that we look for Love. This ... Once we lift our gaze above the human avenues and channels of supply and realize GOD as the source of Love and, therefore, as the source of supply, we begin to open the way for Love to come to us from many new sources. FORGIVENESS WE HAVE LOOKED to man for forgiveness for our offenses, our trespasses, our sins. Often, through acts of commission or omission, we have been unloving, unjust, unkind; and sometimes, if possible, we look to those whom we have offended for forgiveness. In many instances, they have gone so far out of our experience that we have no way of reaching them in order to seek their forgiveness. Actually, there is no need of our seeking forgiveness of any man. It is well that we apologize, if we have offended. It is well if we ask forgiveness. It is not important whether or not we receive it. The important point is that we look to GOD for forgiveness . . . NOT to man. As long as we look to God for forgiveness, we will be released through man. Therein lies the miracle . . . that even those who, to human sense, would withhold forgiveness, can no longer withhold it when we have sought it in God. LOVE IS ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ays of Joel Goldsmith_ Love.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:13- 114K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 3, States & Stages of Consciousness
- ~ 3 ~ STATES AND STAGES OF CONSCIOUSNESS Even though for many years the metaphysical world has believed that mental and spiritual healing are synonymous, actually they are as far apart as are material and spiritual healing. Mental and material healing are much the same except that they operate on different levels of consciousness. The mental is a little higher and finer than the material, but essentially they are two strata of the same belief. On the other hand, to use the terms, "mentally spiritual" or "spiritually mental," is exactly the same as saying, "a godly devil." The spiritual and the mental are just that far apart, not that one is right and the other is wrong, but they function on such different levels of consciousness that they are as far apart as the poles. The present day mixture of the spiritual and the mental stems from the beginning of modern mental practice, which originated in the last quarter of the eighteenth century in Germany with Franz Anton Mesmer, a reputable and learned physician, who named his discovery animal magnetism. He it was who discovered that there is a vital fluid-invisible and mental-which passes from the practitioner to the patient and which acts hypnotically through suggestion. One of Mesmer's students, the French mesmerist, Charles Poyen, migrated to Portland, Maine, and there found an apt student named Phineas P. Quimby to whom he taught mesmerism, then known as hypnotism, or animal magnetism, and for some time these two engaged in this activity primarily for entertainment purposes. Mr. Quimby, later known as Dr. Quimby, however, had a young patient, or student, who worked as his assistant and who developed the faculty, under hypnotism, of discerning the mental causes for the physical diseases of people coming to him on the platform. Dr. Quimby, then, by recognizing the nonpower of the mental thought, erased the disease. As a result of some remarkable healings which took place, he gave up the entertainment phase of his work ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s & Stages of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:16- 149K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Ten, The Government Is on His Shoulders
- CHAPTER TEN THE GOVERNMENT IS ON HIS SHOULDERS Once again the world is in one of its periodic crises-one of the many hundreds that have occurred at intervals throughout history. If you are any student at all of world affairs, even to the extent of just reading the front pages of the newspapers or hearing news broadcasts, you must be aware of the fact that there are at least a half dozen major problems facing the world, any one of which could result in the end of this particular civilization and for which no one has offered any kind of solution. We are facing world conditions that are insurmountable humanly. They are not really insurmountable, however, because there are no problems that ever can arise that cannot be settled; and when I say settled, I do not mean settled on the basis of expediency or compromise, but settled advantageously for all concerned. An analogy can be drawn between periods in world history and periods in our individual experience. For example, sometimes there are physical disorders that can be healed easily and inexpensively through medical aid, and as long as our physical ills are on that level, there is nothing much for us to worry about. A few cents' worth of aspirin here or a few cents' worth of bicarbonate of soda there or a few dollars' worth of surgery, and we are all right. It is only when the doctor tells us that we have an incurable disease that we feel we are up against a humanly insurmountable problem, and then it is that many people are driven to find a spiritual solution. So it is in world affairs. As long as the world was going along in what may be called "the good old days," there were very few problems for which a solution could not be found because they were usually localized in some particular area. But the solution to these problems was only a superficial one, and the basic issues were never completely resolved. When, however, these tensions and conflicts became world-wide in scope and a spark in one part of the globe ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ernment Is on His Shoulders.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:00- 109K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Stages of Consciousness
- STAGES OF CONSCIOUSNESS THERE ARE NOT three states of life - the material, the mental and the spiritual. The material and the mental are one, although they constitute two degrees of the same one. Remember, the material and the mental are one. In this stage thoughts are things; beliefs produce conditions. Ordinarily in metaphysical teaching, the mental and spiritual are considered one, and therefore, you may have heard or read the term, "mentally spiritual." Be careful of it because it is dangerous to your progress. There is no such thing as mentally spiritual because the mental and physical are two strata or stages of the one; the physical is the more gross; the mental is the higher form, but is still just a higher form of the material. The proof of this may be seen in such statements as "thoughts are things" and "as a man thinketh so is he," meaning, if he thinks good he will manifest good, and if he thinks evil he will manifest evil. Thinking which produces things and thinking which can produce either good or evil cannot be spiritual. Notice that nowhere does it say that thinking will produce spirituality. On the contrary, we are told by the greatest spiritual Light, "Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?" And from Isaiah, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts." In other words, human thinking is not spiritual. Until you realize that the physical and mental realm are one and that one the mortal and material, you will be looking for your good in the wrong place. "Not by might (physical) nor by power (mental) but by my spirit saith the Lord." You are not consciously in the spiritual realm or Kingdom of God, harmony, until you rise above things and thoughts. If you feel that this is difficult you can understand one reason why so few have attained it. Another reason is false teaching. Men have become satisfied when they reached the mental realm, thinking they were in heaven or state of harmony - only to find sooner or later that they were ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...re_ Stages of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:19- 86K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 10, The Widening Circle Of Prayer
- ... We can use this silent, secret prayer in our household, confining ourselves to our immediate circle, and pray that God's grace be established. We embrace everyone in our consciousness until we have made peace with him and attained an absolute conviction that our desire is that the grace of God be his experience. When we begin to see the fruitage in that small circle, then we are ready to lift our vision and go out into the community, to the seat of our government, to cross borders and look each nation in the face, each religion, and make peace: "Go thy way in peace. May God's grace be visited upon you. May you forever know the joy of living in His forgiveness and in His love, peace, and prosperity." We can then go back to the altar, leave our gift, and pray: Father, forgive me as I have forgiven those who have offended me. Father, may Thy grace he upon me as I have visited Thy grace upon them. I have prayed only that my sins be forgiven me as I have forgiven the sins of others. I pray only that Thy grace be upon me in proportion as I desire It to be upon those others. All this is done silently, secretly, sacredly, and for one purpose: that God's grace be established on earth. Is there a better way of establishing God's kingdom on earth? Can we for a moment believe that the Christ-kingdom will ever come without love, without forgiveness, without withdrawing condemnation and criticism? Is there anyone so much above judgment, criticism, or condemnation that he thinks God's grace should come to him and not to all mankind? Among those who have realized even a tiny measure of God's grace, there is the realization: "I do not claim to have attained, not fully; but I am forgetting the sins which are past and am looking to the full demonstration of Christhood." If we recognize that for ourselves, we have to acknowledge that even if they have not yet attained their spiritual perfection, every man, woman, and child would like to forget their sins and open their souls to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Widening Circle Of Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:27- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 27, Malpractice
- ~ 27 ~ MALPRACTICE I want to digress today in order to clear up a couple of misunderstandings, which are continually causing difficulties to working Scientists. There is a very prevalent belief that hate, envy, jealousy, etc., coming at us through the thoughts of others, can cause physical distress, sickness, or even death. In other words, it is believed that the evil thoughts of others can adversely affect us. It must be thoroughly understood that this is not so. Thoughts of others, even when directed at us, ignorantly or maliciously, have no power to harm us. Nothing from without can enter that "defileth, . . . or maketh a lie." "Christian Science translates mind, God, to mortals. It is the infinite calculus defining the line, plane, space, and fourth dimension of spirit. It absolutely refutes the amalgamation, transmigration, absorption, or annihilation of individuality. It shows the impossibility of transmitting human ills, or evil, from one individual to another; that all true thoughts revolve in God's orbits; they come from God and return to him,-and untruths belong not to his creation, therefore these are null and void." 1 "What can there be besides infinity? Nothing! Therefore the Science of Good calls evil nothing. Here is where Christian Science sticks to its text and other systems of religion abandon their own logic. Here also is found the pith of the basal statement, the cardinal point in Christian Science, that matter and evil (including all inharmony, sin, disease, death) are unreal." 2 "What is the cardinal point of the difference in my metaphysical system? This: that by knowing the unreality of disease, sin, and death, you demonstrate the allness of God. This difference wholly separates my system from all others. The reality of these so- called existences I deny, because they are not to be found in God, and this system is built on Him as the sole cause." 3 "Animal magnetism, hypnotism, etc., are disarmed by the practitioner who excludes from his own ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...rs_ Chapter 27, Malpractice.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:47- 83K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: States and Stages of Consciousness
- States and Stages of Consciousness Even though for many years the metaphysical world has believed that mental and spiritual healing are synonymous, actually they are as far apart as are material and spiritual healing. Mental and material healing are much the same except that they operate on different levels of consciousness. The mental is a little higher and finer than the material, but essentially they are two strata of the same belief. On the other hand, to use the terms, "mentally spiritual" or "spiritually mental," is exactly the same as saying, "a godly devil." The spiritual and the mental are just that far apart, not that one is right and the other is wrong, but they function on such different levels of consciousness that they are as far apart as the poles. The present day mixture of the spiritual and the mental stems from the beginning of modern mental practice, which originated in the last quarter of the eighteenth century in Germany with Franz Anton Mesmer, a reputable and learned physician, who named his discovery animal magnetism. He it was who discovered that there is a vital fluid-invisible and mental-which passes from the practitioner to the patient and which acts hypnotically through suggestion. One of Mesmer's students, the French mesmerist, Charles Poyen, migrated to Portland, Maine, and there found an apt student named Phineas P. Quimby to whom he taught mesmerism, then known as hypnotism, or animal magnetism, and for some time these two engaged in this activity primarily for entertainment purposes. Mr. Quimby, later known as Dr. Quimby, however, had a young patient, or student, who worked as his assistant and who developed the faculty, under hypnotism, of discerning the mental causes of the physical diseases of people coming to him on the platform. Dr. Quimby, then, by recognizing the power of the mental thought, erased the disease. As a result of some remarkable healings which took place, he gave up the entertainment phase of his work and became ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...and Stages of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:21- 156K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: A Lesson to Sam
- ... It is His good pleasure to give you the kingdom, and God does not even hold you in punishment for your sins. Even though you make a mistake, even though you commit a sin, if you are truly repentant in the sense that you realize that you have sinned and that it wasn't right, in that instant you are forgiven. You do not carry around the penalty any longer than you carry around the obstinacy of believing you are right when you know in your heart and Soul you are wrong. Do you understand that? You cannot go around and do wrong and not acknowledge it to yourself and expect that you can receive God's grace. You receive God's grace every time you acknowledge within yourself, "I know I've done wrong," or perhaps, "I don't know that I've done wrong, but if I have, wipe it out, because it wasn't intentional. I never mean to do wrong, but always want to do unto others as I would have others do unto me." In that way, you purify yourself. I have been healed of illnesses merely by asking God's forgiveness for my sins; and of course, my sins are not major ones because you know that is not our mode of living. But whatever it is-when we are guilty of holding people in criticism or condemnation, or when we are not loving enough or forgiving enough-we are sinning against the Holy Spirit. So it is a wholesome thing once in a while to go to God and say, "I realize that humanly I haven't been perfect; therefore, forgive my sins, forgive my trespasses, and let's start all over again." In this way, Sam, you will learn the greatest lesson that I have ever learned, and that is that the place whereon I stand is holy ground. God is right here where I am, and God is available the very minute that I stop talking and stop thinking and turn within in humility, acknowledging God's grace, God's power, God's Spirit within me, and then relax for just a minute or two and let that Spirit take over. That really is all there is to the whole Infinite Way. All the writings of The Infinite Way are only for ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Goldsmith_ A Lesson to Sam.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 79K
Find Similar Documents