Consciousness Transformed: January 19, 1964, Communication of Oneness
- COMMUNICATION OF ONENESS January 19, 1964 THIS MORNING WE HAD tape number 2, Honolulu Infinite Way Study Center 1964, and the subject was "Spiritual Attainment Through Contemplation, Meditation, and Communion." When we reach the final lesson on that subject, we will reach a place that can only be attained by the preparation that takes place leading up to that final lesson. Without adequate preparation, the final lesson can never be demonstrated and the final lesson involves the word omniscience. This means an all-wisdom, all-knowledge, and of course includes omnipresence, so that we have a lesson which says: Because of omnipresence, omniscience is always functioning. You have to remember that when you meditate, pray, or treat (whichever way you are thinking) in The Infinite Way, you must start out with this realization: Since omnipresent omniscience or omniscient omnipresence already knows everything, you cannot inform Deity, you cannot tell God, you cannot ask anything of God, you cannot desire anything because you are always faced with omnipresent omniscience, the all-knowing. You have already trained yourself in this form of meditation, prayer, or treatment, so that regardless of the situation or the appearances, you can sit quietly listening until the still small voice utters itself, or the awareness of peace descends, or some other sign is given that "God is on the field." In our final lesson on this subject we cover a wider territory. How do animals communicate with each other? How do fish and birds communicate with each other? There has to be a communication between them. With some birds there is always a leader that goes before them, taking them to the north or taking them to the south. Surely birds have no way of knowing such things, so there must be a communication that puts them in their rightful place in line in the safari. Consider dogs and cats at play. There must be a communication that lets them know they are at play and are not out to kill each ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...4, Communication of Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:13- 89K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: March 22, 1964, The Bread You Cast Upon the Waters
- THE BREAD YOU CAST ON THE WATERS March 22, 1964 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii PROBABLY ONE OF THE GREATEST revelations of The Infinite Way is this: No amount of truth can benefit you, no matter how profound it is. You are benefitted only by your realization and your utilization of truth. Truth will not set you free. "Ye shall know the truth," and this means know. In the same way, every effort you make towards acquiring truth brings truth nearer home to you. I try to tell students not to depend on my books and not to depend on my tapes, because in and of themselves they have no effect. I have seen this happen in the lives of thousands of people who have read the books and heard the tapes. On the other hand, with hundreds of students I have witnessed a wonderful effect. What is the difference? Do you practice it? I know of people who receive gifts of books and write to me and say: "I have read your book and it is beautiful!" The effort you put into acquiring truth determines what you will get from it. "The bread you cast on the waters is the bread that will return unto you." 1 I never want to see an Infinite Way student turned away for lack of money, but neither do I want to see students continued in charity, because it will not demonstrate the principle of The Infinite Way. The Infinite Way is very clear that the secret of supply is giving, and I am not talking only about money. You do not get from The Infinite Way what you do not give. In our capitalistic days anyone could be successful by working hard enough, because life gives back what you put into it. In The Infinite Way I have witnessed so many people listening to lectures, reading books, going to classes, and accomplishing nothing. Why? Because they put nothing into it. I know that the whole secret of life is outpouring. This is true in any branch of life, whether you are studying an academic subject or whether you are studying a spiritual subject. Throughout my Infinite Way experience I have tried to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ad You Cast Upon the Waters.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:17- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: May 19, 1963, An Idea Whose Time Has Come
- AN IDEA WHOSE TIME HAS COME May 19, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel ON MAY 12 WE STARTED off with this paragraph: "There is a principle of life not yet known to the world, but known to you through your studies of The Infinite Way. The effects of this principle have been known throughout all known time, but the principle itself has not been known." The principle of which I spoke is that truth received and embodied in consciousness becomes known worldwide without any human effort or human striving. Just by abiding within one's Self with the revealed truth, it has a way of establishing itself. This does not always happen as quickly as we would like it to happen, but when we are dealing with truth we must learn that "a thousand years is as one day and one day can be as a thousand years." 1 There will be periods of thousands of years when little progress seems to be made, then suddenly in one day more progress is made than in a thousand years. This was illustrated by the Civil War. The idea of giving freedom to the Negro was not really a result of the Civil War; in fact, the Civil War was a failure and did not give that freedom. However, the fact that it took place was in line with all that had been unfolding in human consciousness since the days of Greece, on up through the Magna Carta, the French Revolution, the American Revolution, the Brazilian Revolution. All of this is the out breaking into human experience of an idea in consciousness. I believe it was last week that we were given the quotation of Victor Hugo: "Nothing is so powerful as an idea whose time has come." Ordinarily this quotation is attributed to Ralph Waldo Emerson, because it was he who made the quotation famous. But strangely, in the editorial in this morning's newspaper it is correctly attributed to Victor Hugo, and in the correct manner in which we used it last week. In other words "its time has come," and nothing is going to stop the breaking down of racial prejudice. Furthermore, if you had access ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...An Idea Whose Time Has Come.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:19- 107K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 12, The Power & Dominion
- ~ 12 ~ THE POWER AND DOMINION THERE ARE TWO WORLDS: there is the world of the man of earth, who is not under the law of God; and then there is the world of the son of God, the world of the spiritual universe in which life is lived not by taking thought, but by divine Grace. While we already know about this outer world, we do not yet know enough about the life by Grace. God gave us dominion over everything there is between the skies and the bottom of the sea. But bit by bit, we have surrendered our dominion and become prodigal sons. We have turned our back on the kingdom of God and lived in a material sense of world made up of human beings, groveling at the feet of some unknown God, praying for crumbs, when all the time the true God in the midst of us made us heirs of the entire kingdom. In the recognition of our divine sonship, we must once again accept our dominion, and this means that we create our own world. The world does not create conditions for us; people do not create conditions for us. We are not the victims of politics, of war or dictators, of circumstances or conditions; we are not the victims of sin or disease: we are the victims of what we, ourselves, have created. Never again must we give dominion to man or circumstances, but henceforth, we must live under the laws revealed to us by the Master Christian. LIFE MORE ABUNDANT "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." 1 The word "I" used in that statement does not mean Jesus. It does not mean your teacher or practitioner. This I is your very Self, the savior and redeemer at the center of your being, and therefore, you dare not go to God even for supply because you already have I, the Spirit of God, in the midst of you. "I am the resurrection." 2 This truth would be of no avail to you if it applied only to Jesus. The truth is that the power of resurrection-the resurrection of your body, of your health, your wealth, your marriage, your home, or your family-is within ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 12, The Power & Dominion.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:45- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 7, The Consciousness Of Omnipresence
- ~ 7 ~ THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF OMNIPRESENCE WHEN WE COME TO A CERTAIN PLACE in our spiritual development, we wonder how there could be such a God as has been worshiped in the last four thousand years, whether the Hebrew God, the Christian God, or the Buddhist God. Through prayers to that God, wars have not been wiped out, nor has peace been brought to earth. Furthermore, whatever of longevity has been demonstrated in this last half century has come by way of the increased knowledge materia medica has attained through research, resulting in a better understanding of nutrition and sanitation. Today many ministers are willing to admit that a new concept of God must be presented to the people, because what has heretofore been presented has not been God but merely an image, and a false one at that. It is not easy to come to a place in consciousness where we are willing to acknowledge this and then ask ourselves, "What is God?" The question is: What is God, not who, because to think of God as who would be to substitute one false image for another. Think for a moment of Omnipresence, a Presence filling all space, a Presence right where we are, whether we make our bed in heaven, in hell, or whether we "walk through the valley of the shadow of death."1 What is that Presence that is Omnipresence and at the same time All-power and All-wisdom? What is It? What is this Presence that is always with us, whose pleasure it is to give us the kingdom, this Presence that knows our needs even before we do, that which goes before us to make our way straight, that which prepares mansions for us? What is It? As we turn these questions over and over in our mind without fear that there is any God that is going to punish us for such questioning, as we divest ourselves of faith in that which has never warranted our faith, we find that that Presence has not done all those things for us because we have not understood what It is and how It functions. We must empty out the vessel filled with all these ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nsciousness Of Omnipresence.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:44- 112K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XII, God Is Our Destiny
- CHAPTER XII GOD IS OUR DESTINY Spirit is forever in operation drawing unto us our own, whatever that own is, whether in human relationships or in business. There is an invisible activity which draws us to our rightful employment, our rightful marriage, our rightful city, or our rightful nation. Day by day the Father gives us the work of each day, and with that work always comes the recompense and reward. Most of us would perhaps agree that the majority of the problems besetting us have to do with regrets for the past or fears of the future. Usually at the present moment we are all right. If we could live in this minute, content to know that the power of God is in operation and be willing to let that continue, there would be no concern about the past and very little about the future. In one way or another, we would know day by day what to do, and sometimes we might even know a few weeks in advance. It has been my experience that God seldom reveals what His purpose is for me very far in advance. When you reach the stage in your experience where your life is a devotion to whatever of a constructive nature you are doing at the moment and you recognize that your livelihood is coincidental to that work; when you can find something in your work that is in the nature of a service to be performed, never again will your business be a burden and never will it be a failure. Living from day to day with the one objective of making money or making a living may result in success, but on the other hand it may just as possibly result in failure. The ultimate outcome is not foreordained. But when you have found something into which you can put your heart and soul, into which you can pour out some measure of service, even if in the beginning it is the most menial of labors, if you can find that the doing of your work is of some service to somebody, it will lead you on to higher forms of activity. If your consciousness is filled with service and co-operation, then your activity, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter XII, God Is Our Destiny.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:34- 103K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 7, Meditation
- ~ 7 ~ MEDITATION Meditation forms a most important part of our work. Although there are many ways of achieving silence and meditation, I have found only one way that meets my own need. I sit quietly, with my attention centered somewhere between the eyes and a little above, and take some word such as "life," or "God," or "Spirit," and ponder it. As my thought tries to wander, I come back gently to the same idea. I feel no sense of impatience with myself, no sense of frustration. No matter how many times the thought wanders, I bring it right back to that one word. If you try this method, eventually, you will find that outside, intruding thoughts do not come, and you are able to sit quietly in a peaceful state of meditation. It may take days or it may take months to acquire this steadiness of mind, but it will come if you have patience and perseverance. Do not try to remain quiet for more than from three to five minutes unless you feel like it. We are doing this only for a conscious realization of our oneness, or to make our contact with God. When we have achieved that, we have achieved our purpose. We are not trying to see "light," or to have "experiences." If they come, there is nothing wrong about them. The only thing wrong would be in becoming so fascinated with these experiences that we lose our way by making too much of them. After we have had our few minutes of meditation and have achieved the "click" or feeling of the presence of God, we get up and go about our business. If at noon, we find that we have a few minutes to use for this purpose, we repeat it; we do the same thing again at night, and in the middle of the night. Why? Because, ultimately, through providing these opportunities three or four times a day, meditation is going to become so much a part of our being that we shall be in meditation twenty-four hours a day whether awake or asleep. Then we do not have to go through a process of "healing" when someone calls upon us. We shall have been through all ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ding_ Chapter 7, Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:30- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 10, Dominion
- Chapter Ten Dominion In the beginning God gave us dominion, an unlimited dominion over everything between the skies and the bottom of the seas. That dominion is never dominion over anything or anybody. It is always a dominion over ourselves, and when the Bible says that God gave us dominion over everything in the earth, above the earth, and beneath the earth, it means that we have dominion over our consciousness and over everything within our consciousness. Since the entire universe exists within our consciousness, by having dominion over ourselves, we automatically have dominion over everything that pertains to our lives. We Have Surrendered the Dominion Given Us This dominion that was given to us in the beginning, we have completely lost, not partially but completely. As human beings, we have no dominion over the weather, the climate, food, or over germs. We should have, but we do not have, because we voluntarily surrender our dominion and freedom for a temporary moment of peace. One of the men most responsible for the freedoms we have in the United States and one to whom we owe the most, Thomas Jefferson, said that democracy must in the end fail, that people will lose their freedom; they will surrender it; and they have. Gradually, bit by bit, we have let somebody come along and take our freedom from us, and always the reason is the same, a little temporary peace. We could go through one phase after another of our life and watch how we have surrendered certain privileges and certain liberties. Even in our home life, we do that, that is, the human world does. If there is one dominating member of a family, gradually all the others will surrender a little here and a little there, until the one with the most dominating personality is running the whole nest. Dominion is something that is given to us by God, and therefore we always have it. It has never been taken away from us. The only thing that has been taken away from us is the exercise of our dominion, and that we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...First_ Chapter 10, Dominion.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:11- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XVII, If I Be Lifted Up
- CHAPTER XVII IF I BE LIFTED UP Now we have done with words and thoughts and have entered that place of communion with God. "Yet in my flesh shall I see God." When? When we are still; when we have obeyed the First Commandment, recognizing only one power and acknowledging God as the central theme of our being; when we have loosed all erroneous concepts, as but the "arm of flesh," nothingness; then we stand in that consciousness of oneness and let the light within us shine. The weapons of human belief-human concepts and human thoughts-have no power against that person who has consciously realized his oneness with God and his oneness with everything on every level of life. There need be no words and no thoughts; there must only be the inner feel of that union which may express itself as words. All that God is, I am. Thou seest me; thou seest the Father shining right through me, for I and the Father are one: I in Him, and He in me; I in you, and you in me; and all one in Christ Jesus-in spiritual being, in spiritual sonship and identity. There is nothing in this world antagonistic to me, and I am antagonistic to nothing in this world because my oneness with the Father constitutes my oneness with all spiritual being. God speaks the universal language of Spirit: We may hear God actually as a voice in our ear, or we may see God as light, or as a form; but on the other hand we may feel God only as a release, a warmth, or as a lifting in consciousness. There will be a sign; there will be a signal-but no sign shall be given in advance: These signs shall follow them that have this conscious awareness! Therefore, our prayer in its highest sense is the prayer of contact, the prayer of communion, in which no words or thoughts pass from us to God, and there may not even be words or thoughts from God to us, but there will be an awareness, there will be a sense of communion, an inner peace. True prayer comes to its completeness and perfection when there is no desire; it comes to full ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter XVII, If I Be Lifted Up.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:34- 106K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: July 1955, Meditation for Beginners
- CHAPTER SEVEN: JULY Meditation for Beginners FEW people disbelieve in God. Most people are convinced that there is a God, or that there is a Divine Power of some sort, but they are not sure just what It is. There was a time when they were content to believe that there was a God in Heaven whom they would meet after death, but in this practical age, particularly, not many are satisfied with that kind of a God. In this present age, the cry is that in spite of all the great mechanical and material advancement in the world, very little progress has been made in the way of spiritual development and unfoldment. Actually, this is not true, because every bit of this mechanical and material development is really the outward expression of inward spiritual power. Our greatest inventors, discoverers and scientists have all been spiritually endowed men; men who have lived close to God, and who have had actual God-contact. Many of the greatest physicists of today are in complete agreement not only that God is a reality, but that God is evident in our human world. All through the ages there have been spiritually endowed men and women who have had conscious contact with God, who have known conscious union with God, and who have brought this Presence and Power into their actual experience. Always there has been a Lao Tse, a Buddha, a Jesus, a John, a Paul, but none of them ever had wide followings very far beyond their personal circle. None of them were ever widely known, nor their teachings widely practiced-not during their own times or for long periods thereafter. Every one of these great spiritual leaders is in agreement on these basic principles and teachings: Do unto others as you would have others do unto you; Thou shalt not kill; Thou shalt not steal; Thou shalt not commit adultery; Thou shalt have one God. They did not teach that we all be of the same race, color or creed-they taught the principles of live, let live; love, share, co-operate. If the several hundred million who ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...5, Meditation for Beginners.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:01- 128K
Find Similar Documents