The Government of Eden: Chapter 8, When We Spread Fear, Rumor, ...
- VIII when we spread fear, rumor, hysteria, and mass confusion O N EVERY HAND mankind is gripped by fear in the face of nerve-shattering world conditions, and those of us who have been able, even in a measure, to see the unreal nature of the evil rampant in the world have not only the responsibility of releasing people from their fears but, in releasing them from their fears, preventing the greater tragedy that their fears may bring upon them. People do not fear because they are cowards; they fear because they are gripped by universal hypnotism that makes them act in ways foreign to their nature. It is mass hysteria, having its foundation in ignorance. The evils that befall us are not in God or man but rather in the conditioning that we have received through the ignorance that has been foisted upon us from time immemorial. In other words, every time that we give power to a person, a thing, or a condition, our consciousness is showing forth its conditioning, and to that extent, we become victims of it. It might come as a surprise to see how easy it would be for some person, either for a specific purpose or an experiment, to show us how quickly we could be made to distrust one another, and then, in the end, fear one another. It has been done over and over and over again. It is a very simple thing to condition the minds of persons who are not alert so that they unthinkingly accept the opinions, thoughts, and beliefs of others and respond robot- like to individual suggestions or mass hysteria. If we listened to all the propaganda and the opinions of others, very soon we would be fighting not only with our families but with our neighbors and the whole world. The question is this: To whom do we give allegiance? To whom do we surrender our minds and our thoughts? It is very difficult for persons who have not been taught the value of meditation to turn within to the Presence for Its guidance, instruction, and wisdom. Instead, they rely on opinions gathered from newspapers, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 8.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 84K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Four, "I Am the Way"
- CHAPTER FOUR "I AM THE WAY" One of the most important statements in the New Testament is the passage, "I am the way."1 The incorrect interpretation of these few words has kept the world in spiritual darkness for seventeen hundred years. On his understanding of that one passage hinges man's spiritual darkness or his spiritual enlightenment. That same passage of scripture correctly interpreted, however, can set the world free, but to accomplish this there must be the "ten righteous men" to show forth the correct understanding of the passage by their fruitage. The fruitage of spiritual enlightenment is freedom, peace, abundance-all that the Master meant to convey when he said, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."2 When you personalize these words of Jesus and believe that they refer to a person, you are in spiritual darkness. Did not Jesus say, "I can of mine own self do nothing3. . . . If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true"4? Think of the degree of spiritual ignorance in which a person lives when he worships and prays to someone who frankly, openly, and honestly declares, "I can of mine own self do nothing. . . . If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true"! Rightly interpreted, the words "I am the way" mean what they say. The way, the truth, and the life more abundant are to be found in I-the I that I am, the I that you are, for you have been told that you and your Father are one. It is in that oneness that you find spiritual freedom, spiritual harmony, and spiritual grace, a life "not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit."5 I is the way, and that way reveals that "I and my Father are one6. . . . I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee7. . . . I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world."8 It is in this word I that you find the entire secret of the spiritual message given to the world by Christ Jesus, a message that is destined to set men free and break from them all shackles and all ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter Four, _I Am the Way_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:31- 98K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXVIII, The Tree of Life
- CHAPTER XXVIII THE TREE OF LIFE To understand the nature of the mystical way of life, and to understand it fully, we must first of all understand the underlying conflict that exists among human beings, the struggle between all men on the face of the earth. Even between husbands and wives, parents and children, there is conflict, and the conflict is always a battle for the supremacy of the ego. Each one wants to be something of himself, and that something enters into conflict with the something of the other self. So it is that throughout the human scene there has always been conflict. True, there is an appearance of peace, but as long as each one has a self of his own, he will be catering to that ego, trying to manifest, express, or benefit it. This poses the question: Is it possible for human beings to live together harmoniously, or must they live in constant warfare of one nature or another? None of the efforts made to bring about peace on earth and good will among men has ever been successful for any length of time, largely because these efforts have been based on attempting to unite people humanly, when for the most part they have no common interest. Some contend that in union there is strength, but this is a fallacy. Ever since time began, tribes have been uniting, countries have been uniting, and churches have been uniting, but so far no such union has brought about permanent strength. It lasts for a while, then some other combination arises and falls to make way for still another combination. There is no strength in any union founded by human beings, nor has one ever proved to be enduring. The only strength there is, is in spiritual union, but that in itself is a paradox. There cannot really be a spiritual union because there are not two to unite. There is only one Self, and as long as I recognize that the Selfhood of me is the Selfhood of you, I cannot be antagonistic toward you, but neither can I unite with you because there are not two of us: there is only ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er XXVIII, The Tree of Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:06- 100K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 8, Questions & Answers
- ... I would say that it had to do with your receptivity to truth, which is the highest form of treatment there is, but when we begin to work mentally and then call it God-healing, it is ludicrous. When we reach a state of receptivity, however, so that when any case comes, the ear is open, and the impartation comes like a flash, telling us how to work or what truth to reveal, then that is God- healing. Question: Then you think that was God healing? Answer: There is no question about it, because it came to you without any thought process; it was not conscious thinking. It was a state of receptivity which revealed that truth to you. This, I call being divinely led, because it did not consist of sitting down and giving a treatment to a disease or a condition. I do not believe in that kind of treatment. Turn to God and let God show you the need of the moment. Can you imagine what a man wrongly imprisoned would feel if I told him that there is no injustice, that man is perfect? He would want to throw such words right back at me. But when one is led to tell him the story of Joseph and his brethren, then he might begin to understand the spiritual sense of forgiveness. The higher sense of forgiveness is looking through the human being and his activity and seeing that there at the center of his being sits God, which at the moment is being misinterpreted. In all treatment, never do I permit myself to think a thought, to make a denial, or to affirm a truth. I take the attitude: "Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth. . . . 8 Be still, and know that I am God." 9 Take the attitude that this is God's universe; let God do something about it; be a witness to God in action. Then you are led to say the right thing, think the right thing, or do the right thing. That is how the book, The Letters, came into existence. Whenever letters came from patients out of town asking for help, no matter what the problem was, I would sit down and turn within and let the Father speak. Then I would write a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 8, Questions & Answers.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:17- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 24, 1963, Self-Surrender
- SELF-SURRENDER February 24, 1963 Halekulani Hotel SOMETIMES WE WONDER how it is that the message of the Master was lost. When we stop to think of the fact that he spoke to people who could not read or write for the most part, then we do not wonder any more. The miracle is that anyone remembered what is in the four Gospels, because they were written thirty years after the crucifixion. In other words, someone had to remember for thirty years in order to give us even the little that we have. I believe this is the reason we have so little of the Master's teachings. We today are in a different position. When anyone speaks today, their words can be preserved in writing, in recordings, and in so many different forms, that a message that proves good today should never become lost. For the past two weeks we have been on a subject, a principle of life really, that should change the nature of our lives- not because we have heard the message but because, in addition to hearing it, we have it on paper and this paper will serve as a reminder. The principle with which we were concerned last week is probably the most important principle in all mystical literature on mystical living. To hear it once is good but, unless it actually registers within us, it does not do too much for us. Therefore, the responsibility rests upon us to practice it, to work with it, and to meditate upon the principle until we are able to demonstrate it. Now let us go back to last week for just a moment. Remember that the principle revealed was the fact that spiritually we live in God, we are supported by God, we are sustained by God. I have an illustration. Some of you remember the hymn, "When All Material Streams Are Dry, Thy Fullness Is the Same." Many of us have experienced this. Through a deadly disease, or a period of lack or some circumstance of human relationships, we come to a place in our lives where there is no material help. Our back is against the wall. There is no human means of help available, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ry 24, 1963, Self-Surrender.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:12- 91K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 1, Living the Spiritual Life
- Chapter One Living the Spiritual Life The spiritual way of life is a practical way of life, perhaps the most practical way that has ever been known. It can be lived in the midst of war, in the midst of shifting economic conditions, and in a world filled with a great deal of suffering and lack in some parts, and in others filled with too much prosperity for the good of those who are seemingly enjoying it. It has been thought by some that the spiritual life can be lived successfully only by those who are in a position to retire from active business or professional life, those who would live away from the world in the mountains or by the sea. But contrary to popular belief the spiritual life is not only most necessary but also most practical and profitable during the stresses and strains of everyday living. The spiritual life is in no way dependent upon a religious life in the church sense. It has no greater connection with the religious life than it has with business or professional life. Yet by its very nature it can be lived in the church, in the business or professional world, or in a combination of these. The Presence of God Realized Is Your Security Spiritual living has to do with man and his relationship with God. A person can have that relationship with God on a battlefield, in an airplane, or on a barren desert island. What is necessary is a person's ability to find his center in God, whether he finds it in or out of church. If he has not found God within himself, all the churches in the universe cannot save him. The spiritual life can be thought of as a person's individual experience of God. If you cannot find the kingdom of God within yourself, wherever you may be -in your home, in your automobile, or on a holiday-you will not find it in your house of worship because a church, a temple, a mosque, or a synagogue is merely a building, a place. The kingdom of God is within you, and in order to find God wherever you are you must bring the awareness of God there, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Living the Spiritual Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 117K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 8, Scripture As a Way of Life
- ... no more." 7 There was not to be a probationary period in hell in which to suffer hell's furies, but an immediate forgiveness, being forgiven and forgiving. Love As an Act You must remember that the greatest power on earth, in heaven, or in hell is the power of love; but love is not an emotion, and love is not a word. Love can never be expressed in words. Love is an act. As a matter of fact, the very words, "I love you," can be covering up the opposite. A spoken word of love has no more relationship to love than speaking the word God has any relationship to God. No one is ever going to know God by saying, "God," and no one is ever going to love by saying, "Love." Love is an act, and it is not only an act, it is a series of acts. It must be love in action, which means care, thoughtfulness, forgiveness, consideration, cooperation, and benevolence. It was expressed by Paul in that same way when he said that of all the things that are important, the greatest is love. Yes, the greatest is love; but not the word "love," the act of love. How do we know this from scripture? The Master said very little about love, except to admonish us to love the Lord with all our heart and to love our neighbor as ourselves; but he said a great deal about love in action when he spoke of forgiveness, when he taught the importance of feeding the hungry, healing the sick, visiting the prisoner in prison, consoling the mourner. None of this had anything to do with speech: this all had to do with action. ... All three have to work together in fulfilling the commandments. "The Fast That I Have Chosen" The Hebrew fasts from sunup to sundown. As a matter of fact, that is a good idea, more especially if it is done in the way that is required in the old orthodox temple: to go to the temple in the morning and stay there all day, fasting, praying, cogitating, asking forgiveness for sins. By the time a person leaves the temple in the evening, all his sins are supposed to have been forgiven, and he begins ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Scripture As a Way of Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:48- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 11, Teacher and Student On the Path
- Chapter Eleven Teacher and Student On the Path It has been said that whatever a person keeps his mind fastened upon, that eventually he tends to become. What he desires, what he seeks, what he wants with all his heart and soul, he draws to himself. To a certain extent that is true on the human plane, but in the spiritual world, it is an absolute principle. It is true that desire is prayer. That does not mean, however, desire for a home, desire for health, or desire for an automobile: it means a desire for God, a desire for truth, for spiritual realization, a desire that the hunger of the heart be satisfied. Spiritual desire is really a deep form of prayer: it is to hunger and thirst after God. Find Your Path Each one must determine the message that is right for him and who his teacher is. Do not think for a moment that everyone is going to derive the same measure of benefit from any and every teaching or teacher. There are some persons who respond naturally to the mystical teaching of the Infinite Way. That then becomes their path, and once they determine that this is their way, it is up to them to give it the utmost devotion that they have. For others, this may not be their path. That is why I am happy that in the Infinite Way we have never been led to form any kind of an organization; I do not want anybody held to this Way by membership. Everybody must feel free. If this message is not for you, keep on searching and seeking until you find the one that is. Do not think because somebody you know has had a beautiful healing in the Infinite Way or has benefitted from it that it necessarily means it is for you. Each one must have his teaching and his teacher, something to which he responds. Until he finds it, he must continue to search. When he finds it, something within him says, "This is my way." After that, he abandons all others and gives himself wholeheartedly to the one. As he continues to do this, he discovers that something from the beginning has been building ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...her and Student On the Path.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:54- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Eleven, What Have You in the House?
- ... Do not be reckless and give more than you have; do not run up a charge account and trust God to meet it next month. First provide the money needed this month out of the infinity of your being, and then go and spend it next month. Demonstrate it first and spend it next. Do not spend it first and trust God next. Do your trusting first. It is possible that you have dammed up inside of you the very thing that you want. Probably most of you would like to be forgiven for some act of omission or commission in your life, and the way to gain that forgiveness is to forgive. Begin to forgive all those who have despitefully used you, all those who have persecuted and wronged you. Begin to forgive all the dictators and tyrants of the world who have been a direct or indirect cause of suffering in your experience. Begin to forgive those members of your family who are not appreciative of what you do for them. Begin right now to ask that they never be punished for their sins. Our prayer should be, ... Do not be concerned whether or not you can buy a yacht or a private plane, but ask yourself, "Can I take a few pennies every day and secretly send them out where they will do someone some good?" Always remember that what alms you do must be done in secret. Always remember to retire every day into a quiet corner, and ask yourself this question, "What have I in the house today?" Today it may be a quarter; tomorrow it may be a little more love or a little more patience, kindness, tolerance, or forgiveness. Every day it will be something different; and, therefore, if you embark on the spiritual path, you must ask yourself this question every day because every day will make its particular demands upon you, and these you must fulfill. So be prepared to pour. Discipline yourself so that you never expect good to come to you, but always expect it to flow out from you. LOOK ONLY TO GOD In the same way, do not look to anyone for gratitude; do not look to anyone for appreciation; do not look to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...What Have You in the House_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:59- 103K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 5, Universal Hypnotism
- CHAPTER 5 Universal Hypnotism WE ARE not healers of the body. Our work does not change the body at all. Our work changes the consciousness of an individual. One of the great stumbling blocks is that most people have a definite idea of what it is they're seeking when they ask for help, and of course that may not fit at all in the spiritual picture. I have told of my struggle having five practitioners help me to increase my business. With each practitioner, my business got worse until I didn't have any. Now that surely looked like a lack of demonstration. However, you see, it was my perfect demonstration, because only when I had no money left did I go into this work. I suppose if my business had prospered, this work would have been delayed, or even prevented, in this lifetime. So it is that many people come to us for help, but they have a definite idea of what it is that they want. They have a definite idea of how harmony should appear in their experience, and sometimes even when. However, you see that really is not a part of our ministry. We do not aim at having instantaneous healings. They're wonderful when they take place, if they fulfill their spiritual mission; but that is not our object. Our object is the changing of consciousness-the changing of an individual's consciousness from a material sense of life to the spiritual awareness of life; from a material sense of religion to a spiritual sense of religion; from a material sense of supply to a spiritual sense of supply. You see, we are the ones, when the right help is given, who should be responding in accordance with God's will. However, we fight this by having in our mind how the demonstration should come out, and when, and to what extent, and so on. It is like parents who sometimes write to me for help. Their son is responding to the military draft. Will I help him pass and get into the draft? Another parent is desirous of having their son flunk the draft. Now you see, you can't pray to God both ways. A ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 5, Universal Hypnotism.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:21- 103K
Find Similar Documents