The World Is New: Chapter 6, Be a Beholder
- ~ 6 ~ BE A BEHOLDER WE WERE NOT BORN INTO THIS WORLD just to do healing work, any more than Jesus came to earth to cure people's ills or raise them from the dead. Lazarus, even though raised from the dead, passed on some time later and probably only a change in the date on his tombstone was involved. The more clearly we can perceive the unreal nature of any form of error and understand that what appears to us as error in any form is not error at all, that there is not really either a sin or a disease that has to be overcome, but that both sin and disease exist only as illusory experience or mental beliefs, the closer we shall come to being free of them and attaining spiritual consciousness, which is of course far more important than the healing work which we are doing in this age and at this period of our unfoldment. It was in 1928 that I lost all desire for the things of the earth in the sense of their having any attraction for me or making any demands upon me. Good music, good friends, good books, and good food still give me pleasure, but these are no longer a necessary part of my experience. I have learned to be in the world but not of it, to enjoy the good things of this world, but not to miss them when they are not a part of my experience. I have become aware of something in people with which I can commune and tabernacle. It makes no difference what their educational, financial, or social background is, I can enjoy mental or spiritual companionship with them. There is nothing of any nature they have that I desire or want or would go out of my way to get. I cannot be too happy when they are with me or too sad when they are away from me. We are just good friends at all times because I have touched a place in their consciousness which makes this possible, and therefore I know them more or less as they really are. I can love everyone on this earth. In fact, I had a very hard time hating Adolph Hider-it was not easy for me to hold harsh feelings even toward him. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...w_ Chapter 6, Be a Beholder.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:44- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 1, Toward the Experience
- ~ 1 ~ TOWARD THE EXPERIENCE The heart and soul of the mystical life is an inner experience, and no matter what mode or method is used, that experience is possible if the basic motive is to discover truth. As long as you are just seeking to demonstrate health, supply, or companionship, however, there is no hope of attaining the God-experience. In spite of how successful you may be in human achievement, you will never attain spiritual awareness. That comes only when you have "died" to caring about the outer scene and are willing to take life as it is and work from within toward the goal of God-realization. The Infinite Way came into being when I realized that there is no God in the human world. If there were a God in the human world, rape, arson, murder, wars, dens of iniquity, drug addiction, and all the other afflictions of mankind would be impossible. Not one of these evidences of man's inhumanity to man could occur in the presence of God. Everything that is taking place in this world of ours is taking place only because there is no God in the human scene. This was the original unfoldment that was given to me some time after 1909, and this is what started me on the search. I have never doubted that there is a God, but now at least I know that there is no God in "this world," 1 and I know now, too, that all the going to church and all the praying are not going to bring one here. People have been going to church to pray since before the days of the ancient Hebrews and have done so continuously ever since. They have prayed every kind of prayer that has ever been known, and still the world keeps right on falling apart. Thus the search began: Where is God? What is God? How do we bring God into our experience? Eventually, late in 1928, the Experience took place, that first God-experience. This Experience brought with it no message, no words, no rules, nor were any principles given: there was just an experience that could not be described. Whereas in one moment I was like ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 1, Toward the Experience.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:10- 130K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 8, The Way of Grace
- ~ 8 ~ THE WAY OF GRACE In the metaphysical world, the attention given the subject of supply is almost equal to the attention given the subject of health. Sometimes, however, spiritual freedom in the area of supply is not as easily attained as is freedom in the area of health. But because the basic truth about health is also the truth about supply, there should be no difference in attaining the consciousness of either supply or health. Nevertheless there seems to be; and often it is not easy to convince the human mind of the ever-availability of supply. A person may have been on the metaphysical path ten, twenty, or thirty years, but when the thought of supply comes to his mind, with it comes the thought of money, also, because to him supply and money are synonymous. Of course, they are not the same at all, but because they seem to be the same to the human mind, it is difficult to separate the one from the other. Contrary to all human belief, supply is the word of God, and unless we are receiving the word of God, we are not receiving supply. "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." 1 Bread alone does not suffice. No, we live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. Daily we pray for bread, but not for baker's bread. We pray for the bread that is the word of God, and the way in which we receive it is to open our consciousness to receive that Word which is the bread of life, the meat, the wine and the water. Anyone who believes that he is going to be fed permanently and abundantly by any other means than by receiving the word of God has entirely missed the way. No matter how much money a person might temporarily have, without the word of God he does not have supply: he merely has money, and it has been truly said that money has wings. Receptivity to God's Grace, Essential We do not live by money but by the grace of God, and that Grace is already within our consciousness because God constitutes our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 8, The Way of Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:11- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Truth
- Truth The law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. -John 1:17. UNDER PHARAOH the Hebrews had been in complete and utter slavery, not only economically, but culturally as well. They had not been permitted religious freedom, educational freedom, or cultural freedom any more than financial freedom. Consequently they were at about the lowest level of humanhood imaginable. It was in this state that Moses found them, and wishing to free them from their bondage, he took them out from under Pharaoh and led them out into the desert. Unaccustomed as they were to such freedom, they mistook liberty for license. They became very unruly and difficult to manage, so that it became necessary for Moses to set up many human codes-codes of human conduct. One set of these codes we know as the Ten Commandments. One of the mistaken beliefs of many people in the religious world is that the Ten Commandments are spiritual commands, having to do with spiritual or religious life. This is not true. The Ten Commandments, with the exception of the First Commandment, constitute a code of human conduct. It is certain that to one of spiritual vision you would never have to say, "Thou shalt not steal," or "Honor thy father and thy mother." And it would be just as fantastic to tell them not to commit adultery; not to commit murder; not to covet or envy. The Ten Commandments, then, do constitute law, and so now, as with Moses and the Hebrews in that intermediary stage of humanhood, it becomes necessary to have such a code of laws-of human laws-in order to teach men how to be just ordinary good humans. In the teachings of Christ Jesus you do not find any such commands about being humanly good. You are told, rather, that "My kingdom is not of this world." You are lifted into a spiritual atmosphere in which there is not even a thought or a temptation of being humanly bad. That is why we are told, "The law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ." It is a very ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ys of Joel Goldsmith_ Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:16- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: January 1, 1964, Silence! Stillness! Quietness
- SILENCE! STILLNESS! QUIETNESS! January 1, 1964 Honolulu Infinite Way Study Center THANK YOU FOR THIS PARTY TODAY, and Happy New Year to everyone! I am asked very often, and especially by publishers, why I do not speak to larger groups and why I do not advertise and have more of the public come to our work. It is difficult to answer in a way that could be understood. To begin with, The Infinite Way is not a message that we can sell to anyone. It has to be sought, and the reason is that you cannot convince anyone of any of the truth that is embodied in the message. This is natural and it is normal, for "the natural man receiveth not the things of the spirit of God." 1 That means the mind can never understand the things of God. There is nothing about God or the realm of God that is common sense or reasonable to the mind. It might seem reasonable to you now but that is because you have in a measure gone beyond the mind, beyond common sense, and the spiritual center in you is opened. Even if it is open in a tiny measure, everything seems reasonable. But until that center is open, there would be no point asking you to hear this message because it would not penetrate. In the original book The Infinite Way, from the First through the Ninth Edition, I paid lip-service to metaphysical belief by occasionally using the word Mind with a capital "M" as a synonym for God. As you know, I took it out with the Tenth Edition and all later editions, but I would like you in particular to understand why that was done. The mind of man can be used for either good or evil as you well know. Many people are using the mind for evil or destructive purposes, sometimes merely for pleasurable purposes which certainly does not come under the heading of God or good. So you see mind could never be God, and God could never be mind. We are not so great that we could use God. Therefore the mind must be looked upon as a human instrument, an instrument for learning or for planning, and for some, for evil ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...lence! Stillness! Quietness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:12- 104K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: July 27, 1963, Nothing Can Be Added
- NOTHING CAN BE ADDED July 27, 1963 Infinite Way Study Center "OF THOSE WHO HA VE MUCH, much will be demanded." 1 It is inevitable that you who have had as much work with me as you have had, much will be expected. As visitors from different parts of the world come to Hawaii, they must naturally look upon you and wonder how much further along you are than other students of the world. In what way is that manifest? What have you to show forth, and what have you received? What great fruitage are you showing forth? It is inevitable that from all over the world, people look at me and wonder in what way I am showing forth this truth and in what way my family is showing it forth. So it is asked-and more and more it will be asked, "In what way is this shining forth in the experience of the students who are receiving so much?" You must be prepared for this because it is natural. In order to bring forth spiritual fruitage it is necessary that you thoroughly understand what it is you are trying to show forth. There must be no question in your own mind. In the ordinary religious life, the student is always seeking something. It is true they are seeking it of God, but this is not at all true in the mystical life. In the mystical life it is a continuous realization that "I already am." I am not going anywhere, nor am I going to attain more of God than I have, more of good than I have. I am rather "abiding in the Word." What Word? "All that the Father hath is mine. I am all that God is." In other words, sooner or later you must come to the realization that God has fulfilled itself in you-not today and not tomorrow and not since you have studied The Infinite Way. "Before Abraham was, I am you; I am the fulfillment of you. Before Abraham was, I have come in the midst of you, that you might be fulfilled. I am come that you might have life and that you might have life more abundant." 2 It was true about you "before Abraham was"-not after you read a certain amount of books. This message ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 1963, Nothing Can Be Added.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:14- 102K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 11, Breaking the Bonds of Humanhood
- ~ 11 ~ BREAKING THE BONDS OF HUMANHOOD The goal of all spiritual work is God-realization, arriving at a place where we are consciously aware that we are not living our own life, that there is a something, a transcendental presence, that has taken over, that goes before us, and that cares for us. Life eternal and divine harmony come to us in proportion as we know God aright. While this is the most difficult part of our spiritual journey, because it involves releasing every concept of God acquired throughout our lifetime, nevertheless, it has to be the first part of it. We have looked to our concepts of God to bless us, but concepts of God, regardless of how lofty they may be, cannot bless anyone. We can be spiritually blessed only as we come to know him as he is, and that knowing has no relationship whatsoever to any concept of God. It is useless to try to define or analyze God, or to seek to know what he is through the mind. If it were possible to embrace God in our mind, God would be smaller than our mind, and this he cannot be. One way in which we can begin to lose our concepts of God is through contemplation and meditation on the nature of God. Knowing the nature of God is quite different from knowing God itself, just as our individual nature is different from the essence that we really are. Our nature is the outward expression, or set of qualities which we possess, but we ourselves are greater than our qualities, that is, greater than our nature. We may have a kindly nature, a philanthropic nature, or a peaceful one, but that is not we ourselves: we are greater than these. Releasing Concepts of God God is far greater than what we can ever know of his nature. In order to be known, God has to be experienced, and while we can experience God through an awareness of his nature, he cannot be known with the mind or the intellect. The fact that we may have prayed to God, asking for something, is proof positive that we do not know the nature of God, for if we knew his ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...king the Bonds of Humanhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:58- 143K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 7, Conscious Oneness
- ~ 7 ~ CONSCIOUS ONENESS I HAVE SAID: "If there is no change in our consciousness during the week, there will be no change in our outer experience the following week." Now, in proportion as some change toward truth takes place in your consciousness, in that proportion there is some improvement in your outer affairs-either in your health, your family relations, or in your supply. It would be as impossible for you to be in the same place today that you were a week ago as it is to toss raisins into your bread dough and not have raisin bread. That which goes into consciousness must come forth as manifestation. That which becomes a part of consciousness as truth must appear as manifestation. There is no such thing as truth and manifestation. Truth itself appears as manifestation. Spirit is not something separate and apart from the forms it assumes. Spirit is the substance and the "form" is its manifestation. Therefore, if truth appears in or as our consciousness, if truth appears in or as the spirit of our being, it must also appear as manifested form. Therefore please remember this as the foundation, the real point, of recent talks: that all improved states of consciousness must appear as improved demonstrations or experiences. And today we come one step further. Unless we consciously make the decision to act or live in some higher way, on a higher level, we are not going to live or act or have manifestation on a higher level. We cannot sit back passively and say (or believe), "There is a God or law that is going to do something in me, through me, for me or to me," just as we have learned not to believe that there is an evil law or an evil power. There is no such thing as a law that acts upon us except that to which we give power to through our belief. You can accept any belief and make it a law unto yourself. There is no power in the stars or in the stars' acting upon us, but you can make a god of anything you wish. You can pick up a piece of metal, or a penny, and call ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 7, Conscious Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:06- 118K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Treatment
- TREATMENT NO ONE has a personal message. There is no such thing as a messenger of God. God is His own messenger and He appears to human consciousness at that moment's demonstration. He has appeared as many great thinkers and always in the way that you, as a human person, can comprehend. Every one of us, whether in the business or professional world or any of the arts is trusted with a doctrine not our own. Originality of ideas is not ours; it is God, individual Mind. There is a fullness and completeness awaiting each person. We are here as the presence of God, fulfilling God's destiny. Every one is an individualization of the infinity of God. No one can be without opportunity. One of the greatest lessons in this connection is found in the Bible, I Kings 19. Elijah, the only prophet not slain, has fled for his life and is hiding in a cave. The hopelessness of the situation seems to overwhelm Elijah. Here he is the only prophet of God left; his people have forsaken the covenant and have thrown down the altars. To Elijah there certainly seemed to be no opportunity left for him but to die. But in turning to God, what were his instructions? "Go, return on thy way . . . I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him." So it is with each one of us. There is never a lack of opportunity when it is seen as God's opportunity of presenting Himself to the "seven thousand" that He has saved out for Himself. Then there is no need for envy, jealousy, rivalry or competition, because there is an infinity of good which God has saved out for Himself. The moment you present God, the audience is universal. We learn to let good, let Mind, assume its responsibilities. As we learn to listen for that still, small voice, we, too, will be led to where our work, recognition and compensation are to be found. Cultivate the consciousness of the presence of God every moment. Until you begin to see God in every form ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ion of Scripture_ Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:19- 108K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 9, God and Error
- CHAPTER 9 God and Error WHEN WE undertake the study of The Infinite Way, it must seem to be a difficult subject, one not easy to encompass. The reason is, we are always hitting up against more and more principles. Every time we read a book or every time we hear a tape, there are more principles and we wonder if we are ever going to get to the end of it. As a matter of fact, it is not quite that way. There are not many principles revealed in the message of The Infinite Way. What seems to make it so involved is that each principle requires so many different ways of hearing and reading before we actually attain the consciousness of it. For instance, one of the major principles of The Infinite Way is the nature of God. Now God, as revealed in The Infinite Way, is not to be found in the religious literature of the world. The God of The Infinite Way is a very strange God because it is a God that we cannot pray to for anything. This is because our God is not withholding anything, and if it is not withholding anything, it cannot give anything. So right there we find ourselves in trouble. That is all there is to that particular principle: there is no God to pray to for anything because God is not withholding anything. However, if you think that anyone can possibly understand that without a year or two or three of thinking of it in a hundred different ways, you are mistaken. You might today begin to think of the sun up in the sky and realize that the sun does not give anything. The sun is shining and it is manifesting both warmth and light. It is not giving it because it was not withholding it. It is an eternal state of being, of Isness. So you can see that to pray to the sun for light, for warmth, is nonsense! Eventually, you get to see that this is the Truth about God. God Is a state of infinite, divine Being. God Is always Being, and therefore there is no way to influence God to be more of God. Even God cannot withhold Its Godliness. Now another facet of God is that God is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...h_ Chapter 9, God and Error.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:22- 94K
Find Similar Documents