The Master Speaks: Chapter 6, The Divine Consciousness
- ~ 6 ~ THE DIVINE CONSCIOUSNESS "Lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world." 1 "I am with you alway." That I is God. I, God, the divine Consciousness of my individual being, is ever with me. It could not be any other place and still be the consciousness of my own being; nor could I be separate or apart from consciousness, since without consciousness there would be no being; there would be no "I" or "me." I, divine Consciousness, will be with me, as long as I exist as an individual. As long as there is continuity to my own being, God, divine Consciousness, will be with me. In fact, I is all there is to me, manifesting Itself, Its glory, as my individual being. There is no It and "me." There is only It, manifesting Itself, expressing Itself as me. The Word, divine Consciousness, becomes flesh as individual me. This oneness is the secret of immortality, of eternal life; probably, it is the reason for the word "always": "Lo, I am with you always"; I will be with you "unto the end of the world"-the world which Jesus overcame. "I have overcome the world." 2 There is an end to the world: the world is not immortal; the world is not eternal; the world will not last forever. What is this world that comes to an end? It is really not a world at all. The things that are of God are eternal and immortal, this world that "I have overcome" is not a world, but a false sense of the world, a false image, a belief about the world. Jesus, not even as the Christ, ever overcame anything that actually existed. He could only overcome a false sense about reality, a false belief about it. Therefore, until all false beliefs are eradicated, until the world has been overcome within ourselves, this Christ will be present to overcome it. When the world has been overcome, then it will be discovered, not that there was a Christ present to overcome it, but that I am that Christ. Wherever we go, under all circumstances and conditions, remember that "I am with you always." I, your ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...6, The Divine Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:27- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter IV, Who Told You?
- CHAPTER IV WHO TOLD YOU? The world can never rise above the idea of using one power over another and into the realm of no power until the mystery of Genesis is solved. In this first book of the Bible, are found two completely contradictory and conflicting records of creation: The first chapter is obviously the work of a mystic who had achieved complete union with God and who saw that this entire universe is Consciousness appearing as form; whereas subsequent chapters contain an account of the creation of mind. The first record of creation is a revelation of the activity of Consciousness in all its purity and eternality. It recounts the unfolding of a spiritual universe where there is light before there is a sun or a moon, where the crops are in the ground before the seeds are planted, and where there is man before there is woman. That which is formed of Consciousness is never born: It is merely an emanation of Consciousness, which not only has no beginning but has no ending because as long as there is Consciousness, there is Consciousness formed. When Consciousness appears as form, it can appear as a seed or as a completely developed tree without ever having gone through any process of growth. Consciousness, or Soul, which we call God, reveals and expresses Itself as a spiritual universe in which there is no conception and no birth. In other words, creation is the immaculate conception of God revealing Itself as individual identity, an identity expressing as human, animal, vegetable, and mineral forms; so that in reality, God, Consciousness, is the very essence and substance of the earth -even of what appears as stones, rocks, sand, and soil-just as that same Consciousness is the substance of our true identity. In Genesis, we learn that God created Adam and Eve and placed them in the Garden of Eden in the midst of perfection and harmony, surrounded only by goodness, love, and beauty. Joy and harmony reigned there until into that Eden came something that destroyed it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter IV, Who Told You_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:37- 103K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: May 26, 1963, Spiritual Love
- SPIRITUAL LOVE May 26, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel IN THE JULY Letter, you are going to have the first three of this series of talks, and in following letters there will be more. You will remember that we started with the unfoldment of God as infinite divine consciousness. Because this same God, this same infinite divine consciousness is individual consciousness, we therefore draw forth our good by "opening out a way for the imprisoned splendor to escape." We do this not from the consciousness in a holy temple, or a holy city, or a holy savior, but from our consciousness, from the divine consciousness which is your individual consciousness and mine. That is why meditation is the entire secret of harmonious spiritual living-because meditation is retiring into our innermost being, praying secretly within ourselves, and then letting spiritual good unfold. From this you catch a further glimpse that God never was a Jew, or a Christian, or a Mohammedan, or a Hindu-but rather that God is spirit and the spirit of God in you is the only God. Whether or not you were erroneously taught that you were a Christian, a V edantist, or a Buddhist, you have learned that it is absurd to have any racial or religious prejudice for the simple reason that we all have the one Father. "Call no man on earth your Father. There is but one Father, which is your Father and my Father." 1 We all have the same God and, fortunately for us, it is "closer than breathing, nearer than hands and feet." This understanding, and this alone, can make for the "Fatherhood of God and the Brotherhood of Man." Otherwise we live our lives on the basis of tolerance and, if you were ever tolerated by anybody, you would know what a terrible word that is. In all of the seventeen years that I have traveled with the message of The Infinite Way, only three men in the United States from the metaphysical world have come into spiritual fellowship with me. I have met only three with whom I could completely unite in spiritual ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ay 26, 1963, Spiritual Love.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:20- 100K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 3, Individual Consciousness as Law
- ~ 3 ~ INDIVIDUAL CONSCIOUSNESS AS LAW Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth. Jeremiah 9:23, 24 This statement from Jeremiah can be carried out in practical experience. We are not to glory in the world of effect, whether that effect appears as person, place, circumstance, condition, or thing, because the substance, the reality, does not lie in any effect. The power and the glory, the substance and the reality, the cause and the law lie in the spirit which produces all that appears to us as form, circumstance, or condition. We can enjoy and use the things of this world, but our faith and confidence must not be centered in the world or in the things of the world. Our faith and confidence must be in the spirit which produces, forms, and animates all that exists. No Power Acts upon Us The Infinite Way teaches that man is consciousness and that that very consciousness is the cause of body, business, and home. Many people believe that a discordant body, business, or home is due to a power outside of themselves, acting upon them. As long as we accept the belief that there is a power outside of us, just that long will we be seeking to get in touch with a good power to do something for us. If the belief is accepted that a law of time is acting upon our bodies and mentalities, our experience will be on that level. There is no power operating in our experience separate from our own consciousness, but as long as we believe that there is such a power and as long as we are trying to get in touch with it, we shall never contact it. The world has been praying to God for things. It is no more sensible to pray to God for things than it is to pray to the principle of electricity to light your house. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...vidual Consciousness as Law.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 12, The Revelation of Spiritual Sonship
- ... You can lose anything on the outer plane-your home, business, or bank account-but if you have your contact within, with the only real Substance, eventually all losses will be turned to profit. As you practice this, it will not be long before you discover the wisdom of it. Many persons write to tell how much happier they have been since studying the Infinite Way, even though their income has not increased. Perhaps they are not aware that doctor's bills are less, expenses for amusements have decreased, and money spent for practitioners is less because they have not had to call upon them so frequently. The income may not have vastly increased, but there are many places where money is not being spent. Money now fulfills a higher purpose because they are making contact with the only real substance there is: God. Whatever spiritual inspiration you receive within, adapt it to your human experience. This inner life manifests itself above all things in human relationships and at every level of life. In your conduct and attitude toward the stranger or those closest to you, there must be the same integrity, the same tolerance, the same patience, and the same forgiveness. This does not in any sense mean that you permit yourself to be taken advantage of. Your inner wisdom would quickly remove any such conditions from you. When you lead the contemplative life, you do not live for yourself only. Even if you go off to a cave, multitudes will find you, and through you they will find freedom. When you touch God, it does not mean that you will sit on Cloud Nine. In some measure, you will be called upon for your light so that others may also be set free. As part of the Infinite Way student group, you have a responsibility. You will be called upon to share your light with others. God will not let you store up spiritual treasures for your own benefit. Of those who have much, much will be demanded, and the more treasures you lay up, the more often will you be called upon. If you set ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...lation of Spiritual Sonship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:51- 145K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 7, Preparation for Spiritual Baptism
- Chapter Seven Preparation for Spiritual Baptism Spiritual grace is an anointing by the Spirit, and our part in receiving this anointing is to prepare for it. Many persons wonder why the blessings of the Spirit do not come to them, or at least why these blessings do not come in greater measure, and yet they do not realize that they themselves are setting up the barriers that prevent it. There is probably one thing that all mystics agree on in their presentation of the revelations of truth that have come to them, and that is that the nature of God is love. That is one outstanding agreement. To receive God is to receive love, but what do we offer as instruments through which to receive love? The answer is that in the degree that we live as human beings, we engage in judgment, criticism, condemnation, and unforgiveness. As human beings, we live out from the old Hebraic eye-for-an-eye-and-tooth-for-a-tooth law, and are quite unable to forgive seventy times seven. In a consciousness of that nature, it is virtually impossible to receive the anointing of the Spirit. We must prepare ourselves for the anointing by a change from within which in scripture has been called the renewing of the mind: "Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind." 1 When the Master taught such things as loving our neighbor as ourselves, praying for the enemy, forgiving those who persecute us, resisting not evil, he was not actually setting forth a spiritual message. He was preparing human consciousness to receive the anointing of the Spirit because until we bring ourselves to that state of consciousness, to that renewal of our mind, it is not possible to receive the Holy Ghost. The Pure Consciousness Is Free of Judgment One example of the necessity for freedom from judgment as to what is pure and what is not pure can be found in the experience of Peter who in the depth of his great love for Judaism could not bring himself to eat the meat of the pig or to teach the truth of the Christian message ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ation for Spiritual Baptism.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:53- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 5, God, the Substance of Universal Being
- Chapter Five God, the Substance of Universal Being Jesus' statement, "I and my Father are one," 1 must be ingrained in your hearts and minds as one truth never to be forgotten. Otherwise, you will have a God separate and apart from your own being, and you will be attempting to contact It, trying to be worthy of It, or praying to It. In the Infinite Way you begin your real unfoldment when you can understand not only that God is life, but that God is your individual life. Unless you understand that, you will always be meditating to get health, whereas the life which is God needs no healing. The life which is God can never age or change. One Individual Mind and Consciousness All the error, all the mistakes, all your ills come from the ancient belief that there is God and man, that there is God, eternal life, and your life. The only reason a person has mental upsets or a nervous disease is because of the universal belief that God is mind but that man has a mind separate and apart from God. The mind of God is indivisible and is a facet or instrument of the God- consciousness you are. Understanding that, your mind and mine would continuously show forth the glory of infinite intelligence. If you accept the universal, world belief that there is a God somewhere to be reached, to be prayed to, or to become at-one with, you lose your demonstration. I and the Father are one. I and the Father have been one "since before Abraham was."2 I and the Father will be one until eternity. I and the Father are one, now, always, and throughout all time. Whatever there is of treatment or prayer in our work is the realization of the truth of that I Am-ness. To forget that would be to lose the entire sense of spiritual demonstration because it would leave you in a state of having to achieve that oneness or attain it; whereas it is already the truth. Your World, an Expression of Your State of Consciousness God is the substance of which this universe is formed, but when you understand that God ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ubstance of Universal Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:12- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XI, The Relationship of Oneness
- CHAPTER XI THE RELATIONSHIP OF ONENESS Your world and mine is an outpicturing of our consciousness: When that consciousness is imbued with truth, our universe expresses harmony, orderliness, prosperity, joy, peace, power, and dominion; when there is an absence of truth in our consciousness-an acceptance of world values and world beliefs-then our world takes on the complexion of the chance, change, and luck characteristic of world belief. All conditions reflect the activity of the consciousness of the individuals concerned. Your world is embodied in your consciousness; it reflects the state of your consciousness because your consciousness governs your world. Your awareness of truth is the law unto your world; but, on the other hand, your ignorance of truth likewise becomes a law unto it. For example, there is no law of darkness because you know that darkness can be dispelled by the presence of light. Yet in the absence of light, darkness would claim presence; and just so in the absence of truth in your consciousness, ignorance, lies, appearances, discords, and inharmony claim to be present. Therefore, in the absence of the activity of truth in your consciousness, your world will reflect chance, luck, human belief, medical belief, or astrological belief; but the activity of truth operating in and as your consciousness becomes a law of harmony unto everything in your world and makes everything concerning you reflect the harmony of your consciousness. Suppose that you find yourself in a situation where you are faced with a roomful of people with whom you must work in some capacity or other-talk to them, instruct them, or serve them. As you look at them, they present a variety of appearances-good people, bad, sick, well, rich, and poor. How can you establish a sense of oneness with all these people? To feel a sense of union with any other person means, first of all, that you must make your contact with the Spirit within and find your own completeness; you must make your ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...The Relationship of Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:33- 118K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: April 1958, The Message of Easter I Have Over Come The World
- ... It is essential that we do not hasten past this unfoldment until we have thoroughly learned that our health, our supply, and the harmony of our human relationships are not dependent on human effort alone or human wisdom alone or on physical power, as we have believed because of our experience in the human scene; but rather that every word of God, entertained in our consciousness, eventually becomes the harmony of our daily experience. Now we learn the true meaning of Jesus' words, "I have meat to eat that ye know not of." 6 Understanding the word of God, and abiding in this Word and letting this Word abide in us, we have an inner substance, an inner source of good, an inner healer and saviour- the meat that the world knows not of. We crucify human fears and doubts when, instead of rushing about madly and, with worry and concern, undertaking the tasks of each day, we can relax in the realization: "I am the bread and the wine and the water. All those things the world feverishly seeks through anxious thought and much physical labor are already mine." We relax in God's assurance, "Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine." 7 Here too, is crucifixion in another form, the crucifixion of unrest, distrust, and burdensome labor. Pondering the Master's message of forgiveness so often repeated in the Gospels-the message of forgiving "seventy times seven" all those who abuse us, and forgiving even to the extent of praying for those who persecute us and deal unjustly with us-we further learn that, in the degree in which we put this message into practice, do we crucify our hate, prejudice, bigotry, and our fear of our fellow-man. Meditating deeply upon the message of the Master, which reveals that it was his mission, the Christ-mission, to heal the sick, raise the dead, open the eyes of the blind, and open the ears of the deaf, we realize that this He, who says, "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 8 . . . I am with you alway, even unto the end of the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... I Have Over Come The World.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 149K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: October 1958, Break The Fetters That Bind You
- CHAPTER TEN: OCTOBER Break the Fetters that Bind You MANY of the difficulties and struggles in our experience come because we are living on different planes of consciousness, sometimes on one and sometimes on another, and often these planes are in conflict one with another. On one plane we are physical beings with minds, the body being the dominant factor; on another plane we are mental beings with bodies, that is, we are a mind and a body, and the body is governed by the mind. It may be governed by a conscious activity of mind or it may be by an involuntary activity of mind. In recent months, there have been many accounts in magazines and newspapers of the experiments which have been conducted in the area of subliminal perception through the medium of television and the motion picture. In the first experiments, which were held inside a moving picture theatre, the audience was instructed to go into the lobby during the intermission to buy popcorn and coca cola. Even though they did not know such a suggestion had been given to them, because the slide had been flashed across the screen so rapidly that it was invisible to the eyes and, therefore, did not register consciously in the mind, the majority of those in the theatre were impelled to obey this suggestion. Whether or not they wanted the popcorn or coca cola made no difference. The impulsion was so strong that they felt compelled to go out and buy it, giving their good money for something they may not have wanted and otherwise would not have bought. It was not necessary for them to be aware of the suggestion, to see or to hear it, and there was no knowledge that it was even being made. If a person is not alert, he will obey such subtly given instructions because this technique is not aimed at the conscious mind; it is aimed at the subconscious. These experiments show the extent to which the body obeys the dictates of the mind. On the human level of consciousness, that is exactly what happens. The body is subject ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...k The Fetters That Bind You.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:11- 136K
Find Similar Documents