Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 5, God, the Substance of Universal Being
- Chapter Five God, the Substance of Universal Being Jesus' statement, "I and my Father are one," 1 must be ingrained in your hearts and minds as one truth never to be forgotten. Otherwise, you will have a God separate and apart from your own being, and you will be attempting to contact It, trying to be worthy of It, or praying to It. In the Infinite Way you begin your real unfoldment when you can understand not only that God is life, but that God is your individual life. Unless you understand that, you will always be meditating to get health, whereas the life which is God needs no healing. The life which is God can never age or change. One Individual Mind and Consciousness All the error, all the mistakes, all your ills come from the ancient belief that there is God and man, that there is God, eternal life, and your life. The only reason a person has mental upsets or a nervous disease is because of the universal belief that God is mind but that man has a mind separate and apart from God. The mind of God is indivisible and is a facet or instrument of the God- consciousness you are. Understanding that, your mind and mine would continuously show forth the glory of infinite intelligence. If you accept the universal, world belief that there is a God somewhere to be reached, to be prayed to, or to become at-one with, you lose your demonstration. I and the Father are one. I and the Father have been one "since before Abraham was."2 I and the Father will be one until eternity. I and the Father are one, now, always, and throughout all time. Whatever there is of treatment or prayer in our work is the realization of the truth of that I Am-ness. To forget that would be to lose the entire sense of spiritual demonstration because it would leave you in a state of having to achieve that oneness or attain it; whereas it is already the truth. Your World, an Expression of Your State of Consciousness God is the substance of which this universe is formed, but when you understand that God ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ubstance of Universal Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:12- 127K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXIV, The Master Alchemist
- CHAPTER XXIV THE MASTER ALCHEMIST Too many Occidentals believe that the mystical life is not only impractical, but largely a figment of the imagination. In this age, however, the way of mysticism is being shown to be, not something mythical, mysterious, or occult, but spiritual, and a far more practical way of life than any yet devised in the human realm. It changes life from the everyday humdrum human experience with its trials and tribulations and its ups and downs to an entirely different kind of life, one lived from within, and yet not lived by us, but rather lived through us-a life in which we pass from living by taking thought and by our own effort to living by the Spirit. The Master Christ Jesus taught his followers to "resist not evil," to cease from strife of all kinds whether by the sword or the law, and to give twice as much in return if something were taken from them. Such a teaching sounds very impractical for this day and age, but as a matter of fact, it is far more practical than living a life dependent for its security and safety upon an army, navy, and air force: not only would we be relieved of the staggering expense of maintaining them, but we would also be relieved of any danger from an enemy because in this way of life there are no enemies. It would be as impossible to live with this transcendental Presence and have an enemy as it would be to live with It and then find oneself in danger from snakes, wild animals, starvation, or any other form of physical or mental discord. This is a very difficult idea for the human mind to grasp. What the unillumined mind sees, hears, tastes, touches, and smells seems so real, and the material and mental universe looks so real, that nothing could be considered quite as ridiculous as to stand before the highest temporal authority of the day and calmly state, "Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above," or to say, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... XXIV, The Master Alchemist.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:02- 107K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: January 27, 1963, Pure Consciousness
- PURE CONSCIOUSNESS January 27, 1963 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii LET US TALK A LITTLE BIT TODAY about consciousness. Consciousness is the most important word in the entire Infinite Way vocabulary. Nothing you can think of can ever take the place of the word consciousness. In our human existence we are states and stages of consciousness or degrees of consciousness. In its pure state consciousness is God, and in its pure state it constitutes our being. The moment we are conceived humanly, the consciousness we are begins to receive conditioning. The worst thing happens from the moment we are born, for we are then conditioned by all that parents think. What fears parents entertain and what hopes they entertain are transferred to the child. Then the child gets into school and is conditioned by school teachers, schoolmates, parents of schoolmates-picking up more conditioning. By the time the child gets out into the world it is convinced of ninety percent of things that are untrue. Then, out in the world, it adds to its own conditioning. From the moment we touch a metaphysical teaching, we begin to condition ourselves along other lines. Suppose it registered in our consciousness when we read, "Call no man your father on the earth: for there is but one, the Father in heaven." 1 If you pondered it and the principle ever registered, you would look around you and say, "Oh, then there is only one Creator and we are all children of that One. Then we are all equal in the sight of God." That alone would wipe out of an individual his prejudices and early conditioning. On this point you have a new consciousness. You have died to the state of consciousness which had biases and prejudices and have become one with your fellow man universally. On this one point you have become a new man. Eventually you would come to another extension of that same idea and could say, "If this is true, we derive our qualities, our inheritances, from that One." Let me give you a quotation from ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...7, 1963, Pure Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:14- 87K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: June 9, 1963, Christ: The Unfoldment from Within
- CHRIST: THE UNFOLDMENT FROM WITHIN June 9, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel LAST WEEK WE WERE LED to the unfoldment that there are two realms or worlds, "this world" and "my kingdom," and that, "my kingdom is not of this world." 1 Also, because of these months of our work together, we must now be having the experience of truth, rather than just lectures or classes about truth. In other words we want our work to be in the nature of an experience, not a philosophy. Unless we can experience my kingdom, we are just living in the language of words, thoughts, teachings, and philosophies. In order to know the actual experience, you must begin by realizing that everything that exists in the external world had its beginning in the invisible-not just an invisible-but a very specific invisible consciousness. The consciousness of man, which basically is the consciousness of God manifested as the consciousness of man, is the invisible which is the substance and law of everything external. We know that the Chinese gave us the wheel, and a wheel is the most important part of a civilized existence. Now go back to China in your mind, and try to realize the world without a wheel. Then ask yourself, "Where does a wheel come from?" From this you will have to see that it had its origin in the mind of man, but behind that mind of man is the God- mind functioning as man's mind. So man turns within to his consciousness and he receives an impartation-an impartation from the infinite to the individual. And once man has the idea of a wheel in consciousness, how easy it is then to go out and make that wheel in the visible. Follow this principle all the way up from the wheel to the airplane, to color television, to radar, and see that everything had to be imparted to man from something greater than his education or physical strength. First he had to receive all these things in consciousness; he then took the next step of externalizing them. We have said in our work that there never will be peace on ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... The Unfoldment from Within.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:15- 104K
Find Similar Documents
Living The Infinite Way: Chapter Five, God as Law in Operation
- They do not realize that there is a law in operation much greater and more powerful than any law ever written into the statutes of any nation. I was thinking of this recently in connection with forgiveness. An occasion arose in which forgiveness was almost out of the question, and regardless of all the unfoldment and understanding that had been given through the writings of The Infinite Way, there seemed to be no way to bring forgiveness into this ... Probably every one of us has, in a measure, believed that some of our inharmonies and discords are due to other people, and right here is where we must bring the law of forgiveness into the picture. The first thing we ask ... Forgiveness is also a law of God. The Master made it very clear that we were to forgive even our enemies-those who hate us and persecute us, those who despitefully use us-and if necessary we were to forgive them seventy times seven! Here is a law of God, which every one of us has been violating. We have not forgiven our enemies, and certainly we have not forgiven seventy times seven. Forgiveness is one of the important ... some error in our experience, is due to someone else, either in the present, the past, or possibly in the future, and so we have violated the law of forgiveness. We cannot violate the law of God without suffering for it! ... As we study the Master's teaching in the Gospels, we find these laws of love and forgiveness and also the law of service. "For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, ... Therefore, the only way we can love God with our whole heart and soul, with our whole mind, body, and being, is by loving man. That love is made manifest not only in the service we give to man, the kindness and forgiveness, ... If we discover that we have not sufficiently kept the law of love or the law of forgiveness, we should not be too critical of ourselves, but acknowledge that that is where we have fallen down and, at this moment, recognize ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ve, God as Law in Operation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:55- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Eleven, What Have You in the House?
- ... Do not be reckless and give more than you have; do not run up a charge account and trust God to meet it next month. First provide the money needed this month out of the infinity of your being, and then go and spend it next month. Demonstrate it first and spend it next. Do not spend it first and trust God next. Do your trusting first. It is possible that you have dammed up inside of you the very thing that you want. Probably most of you would like to be forgiven for some act of omission or commission in your life, and the way to gain that forgiveness is to forgive. Begin to forgive all those who have despitefully used you, all those who have persecuted and wronged you. Begin to forgive all the dictators and tyrants of the world who have been a direct or indirect cause of suffering in your experience. Begin to forgive those members of your family who are not appreciative of what you do for them. Begin right now to ask that they never be punished for their sins. Our prayer should be, ... Do not be concerned whether or not you can buy a yacht or a private plane, but ask yourself, "Can I take a few pennies every day and secretly send them out where they will do someone some good?" Always remember that what alms you do must be done in secret. Always remember to retire every day into a quiet corner, and ask yourself this question, "What have I in the house today?" Today it may be a quarter; tomorrow it may be a little more love or a little more patience, kindness, tolerance, or forgiveness. Every day it will be something different; and, therefore, if you embark on the spiritual path, you must ask yourself this question every day because every day will make its particular demands upon you, and these you must fulfill. So be prepared to pour. Discipline yourself so that you never expect good to come to you, but always expect it to flow out from you. LOOK ONLY TO GOD In the same way, do not look to anyone for gratitude; do not look to anyone for appreciation; do not look to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...What Have You in the House_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:59- 103K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 14, God's Grace Is Yours
- CHAPTER 14 God's Grace Is Yours ABIDE IN this Word, "I am; all that God is, I am; and all that the Father hath is mine." Then you will understand all of the Infinite Way writings, because they repeat over and over the Master's words "I have meat the world knows not of. I have hidden manna. I will never leave me nor forsake me. I was with me before the world began. I will be with me unto the end of the world." Whatever it is that I even think that I need or want, I have only to go within my own being. If I am just still and patient, the assurance will come, "Be not afraid; it is I. I am thy bread, thy meat, thy wine, thy water. I will never leave thee nor forsake thee." It always comes from within. It always has come from within. Ever since my first spiritual experience, that has been my mode of life. Every time that I seem to be separated from any sense of good or any form of good, I have only to go within for the realization, and the assurance is given me. "I go before thee to make the crooked places straight." As you read the writings of The Infinite Way, you will see that the secret of The Infinite Way is in the word I. That is the secret! Even if you go back to my basic textbook, which is the very first book of all, The Infinite Way, you will see that it is founded on God appearing as man. It is not God and man, not man going to God. The whole of The Infinite Way is the revelation that God appears as man. Then all that God Is, I Am; all that the Father has Is mine. So the secret lies in going within to that I which I Am! You see, you do not know Joel at all. You are so far from knowing Joel that if you really do come to find out some day, you will be shocked at how little you ever knew him. You do not know him at all! Joel does not even know himself yet fully, and the reason is, I am Joel, and I have not yet solved the full secret of I. When I find the full secret of I, I will have the full name and identity of Joel. However, what has made The Infinite Way a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 14, God's Grace Is Yours.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:23- 101K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 3, Heaven Is Earth Spiritually Understood
- III heaven is earth spiritually understood "M Y KINGDOM" 1 is not up in heaven, and "this world" is not down on earth. But whether or not we are living in this world or heaven, in My kingdom, depends not on going someplace at some time, but on the degree of spiritual discernment that is developed within us. It determines the degree of heaven we experience; the lack of it determines the degree of hell we experience. "I and my Father are one" 2 is a universal relationship, but certainly, you would never believe it looking at the human race because it isn't the human race that is one with God, or else it would be God-governed and God-maintained. It is the Son of God that is raised up in you through spiritual discernment. Spiritual discernment deprives us of a great deal of emotion and sensuality, and sometimes we wonder if there is anything to take the place of these good emotions or nice sensuality, but indeed, there is. With the spiritual capacity comes an awareness of God's universe, God's man, and God's body, which far transcends any human sense of joy or beauty that the mind can know. "Leave thy nets" 3 ; leave the physical sense of universe- sun, moon, stars, mountains, seas, and human bodies-and come unto Me. See as I see, hear as I hear, discern as I do, the spiritual nature of this universe, and then find that heaven is established on earth. Responding and Reacting to the World Spiritually, the world is embodied in us, within our consciousness. To be able to experience this, you must understand what that means. We live in a world of mountains and valleys, streams and rivers and oceans, suns, moons, and stars; we live in a world of warmth and ice, but we react to this world from our state of consciousness. Actually, there is no good or evil in the world. The world is a mountain, a valley, a river, an ocean, a tree, a sun, moon, a star, but it is not good, it is not bad, nor any degree in between. When we, who live here, say how wonderful is life in these ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 3.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 93K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: August 1958, The Father-Consciousness
- CHAPTER EIGHT: AUGUST The Father-Consciousness ALL the inharmony of human existence arises because of a lack of understanding of our true identity. This has brought about a sense of separation between us and God, which in turn has separated us from our good. This is similar to the situation in which a person might find himself were he the possessor of a substantial bank account, the existence of which he has forgotten, and because of his failure to remember, he thereby suffers from lack. The remembrance of that bank account would eliminate the lack and immediately restore harmony to his financial affairs. In like manner, a child who, for one reason or another, becomes separated from his parents and is on his own, alone, feels the necessity of shifting for himself and, therefore, puts forth varying degrees of effort to find a place for himself in the world, whereas the rediscovery of his parents and the return to his home would again establish him in his harmony and sense of security. Such is the story of the prodigal son. The son had everything-a rich father, a good home, and a well-established position in life. Then came the desire to be something of himself, to achieve something of and on his own. Very quickly he used up his substance: The supply that had been stored up for him was depleted because it was not now being renewed. The son no longer had contact with his source-his father's house. At the end of the road, he came to the realization that even his father's servants were far more fortunate than was he, and slowly he began the return to the father's house. But while he was yet a long way off, his father came out to greet him, to re-establish him in his home, in his sonship, in his heirhood, and all was well again. Humanhood Is a State of Separation from the Father Such is the story of all human beings. We are all prodigals. What is the fall of man but a sense of separation from God? It is the descent from divine Consciousness to the belief and acceptance of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...8, The Father-Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:58- 128K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: June 1957, The Secret of The Healing Principle
- CHAPTER SIX: JUNE The Secret of the Healing Principle SPIRITUAL healing is based on an understanding of the spiritual principle of life. This principle is that God maintains and sustains the universe, including every person in it, in absolute integrity. Contrary to that teaching is the world of appearances, the dreamworld, a mesmeric world which has no law to support it, no substance to sustain it, and no continuity except such as we, in our ignorance, give it. Once this truth is perceived, you will have a healing principle which will stand, regardless of the nature of the problems that are brought to you. This does not mean that you will heal everybody or every condition, not because the principle is not adequate to meet every situation, but because the people involved are not yet ready to live this principle or to live by this principle; they are not ready to give up those things which would interfere with the demonstration of the principle. In other words, Jesus, himself, did not attempt to take the rich man into heaven. It was not because of the man's wealth, in and of itself, but because the man's faith, confidence, and hope were in his wealth; all his expectations and hopes in life were based on the amount of his possessions, and such a man cannot be lifted into spiritual consciousness. So it is that there are people seeking healing, but seeking only the healing of their pains and discords, not a spiritual healing which would transform their lives. This principle is so absolute, however, that given a fair opportunity with anybody who is at all receptive to the spiritual way of life, harmony will be brought into the experience of that person, and he will come into spiritual enlightenment. The Fabric of "This World" The principle which is the secret of all healing is an understanding of the nature of error. Error is never a person; it is never a thing; it is never a condition. Therefore, never take into your thought, or attempt to handle in thought, a person, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...et of The Healing Principle.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:04- 135K
Find Similar Documents