God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 4, God Formed Man for His Glory
- Chapter Four God Formed Man for His Glory But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. I Corinthians 2:14 If a spiritual message such as the Infinite Way sounds like foolishness to you, it is because you are seeing and hearing as a human being and can be counted among those of whom Jesus spoke, "Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not?"1 If, on the other hand, this message makes sense to you, it is because your human sense of life is becoming fainter and your spiritual discernment is being awakened and aroused to perceive it. In a colloquy with his disciples the Master asked: Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. . . . But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. Matthew 16:13-17 It was as if Jesus had said to the disciples: "The mind did not tell you that; your eyes did not see it; your ears did not hear it: the Father within you, your spiritual sense, revealed it to you." So it is with a spiritual message. You will never learn a spiritual message merely through the physical senses, not by seeing or by hearing. You will learn a spiritual message when your heavenly Father, that is, your spiritual consciousness, is awake and reveals to you that this is truth, this is the Christ, this is reality. Then are you able to accept it, receive it, respond to it, and demonstrate it. Thought Is Not Power Some persons have accepted the belief that their human mind is God and that by thinking good thoughts they will come true. There are some who believe that if you send them a good thought it will benefit them, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...od Formed Man for His Glory.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:32- 120K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 5, God Is Omnipotent
- ~ 5 ~ GOD IS OMNIPOTENT IF WE EVER HOPE to reach the height of prayer, a further preparatory step must be taken, without which there is no way to receive God or to remove the barrier that has heretofore separated us from the kingdom of God. That step is to know that God is the only power and that there is no more power in mind or thought than there is in matter, and we must know why. We can use the mind for good or we can use the mind for evil-it all depends upon our nature. We can use our thoughts to heal or to malpractice. We can use the power of mind to give a person his freedom or to dominate him and hold him in slavery. Look around the world and see if there are not some persons being held in religious ignorance and superstition. And are not whole nations being held in slavery through the mental power of false ideologies? Does not the advertising world in many cases use the power of mind and thought falsely and ignorantly to catch our unwary dollars? When we begin to see these things, then we can understand that mind and thought with their good and evil are not of God. Because they are not of God, they are not power. Only God, Spirit, is power, and besides Spirit there is no other power. All of us have probably given treatments and watched colds, flu, and dozens of other things dissolve just by knowing that there are no material powers. Now go further and release people from cancer, tuberculosis, and polio by knowing that the son of God is not held in any mental bondage, and that there is no superstition, fear, or ignorance to hold him in slavery. This universe is governed by law; Spirit is the only lawgiver; and the only law with real power is spiritual law. Thank You, Father, that You are Spirit and that Spirit is the only power. There are no powers on earth for You to destroy, for You to overcome, for You to remove. Your law alone is power, and Your law is a spiritual law governing all creation. I am not turning to You to destroy evil: I am turning to You in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 5, God Is Omnipotent.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:25- 118K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 10, Temporal Power is Not Power
- CHAPTER 10 TEMPORAL POWER IS NOT POWER To the transcendental consciousness, temporal power (whether it is of a physical nature or of a mental nature) is not power. The only power is the realized consciousness of the One Power and recognizing the nonpower of all else. When Hezekiah's people came to him and said, "The armies of the enemy are upon us and they are greater in number than we are," he replied, "Be not afraid! They have only temporal power, the arm of flesh. We have the Lord, God." The Master could say to Pilate, the great temporal power of that time, "Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from the Father." Take unto yourself the task of understanding what these two passages mean. Could you, right now, turn your face toward a hostile country and in your honest, open heart say, "You have no power over me," or, "You have only temporal power, the arm of flesh"? Could you say that and actually feel completely and perfectly safe? Of course not, and you will not be able to until you understand that temporal power is not power. To the degree that you attain a confidence and assurance in Omnipotence, you will know that temporal power is not power. The Principle of No-Power Some of you who have done healing work have achieved to some degree this transcendental consciousness. None of us has achieved the fullness of it, but everyone who has done spiritual healing work has been able to say to infection, contagion, or disease, "You have no power," and has seen them dissolve. Everyone who has been an instrument for healing has proven that in the Presence of God temporal power is not power. There is no power but the realization of God's Presence, and we have proved it in the knitting of fractured bones, in the healing of blindness and deafness. We have proved again and again that temporal power is not power. In the human world there are many temporal powers: those of disease, sin, money, politics, war, and so forth. If you pray in the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Temporal Power is Not Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 131K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 5, The Fruitage of Knowing God Aright
- ... In the moment we are enfolded in His love, His love permeates our being. His love is the central theme of our being. His love is our life, and the nature of love is forgiveness. Who loves and holds in condemnation? Who loves and holds a memory of something to be forgiven? In the heart of the lover there is no condemnation; there is compassion. There is no condemnation from parent to child, no condemnation from lover to beloved. There is no condemnation wherever there is love. We do not hold those we love in condemnation. God's love is all-inclusive and takes under its wing all of being, your being and mine, saint and sinner alike. Until you understand that this is the nature of God, you cannot know Him aright. On one wall of every Christian Science church is a sign that states, "Divine Love always has met and always will meet every human need." As I sat in a Christian Science church one evening, I looked around at all the people I knew there and thought, "It isn't so! I know too many who have waited years for that Divine Love to meet their needs, and it just has not happened." Then I pondered on Mrs. Eddy's reasons for choosing those words, because she must have had a special reason. As I pondered, it suddenly dawned on me that Mrs. Eddy was right but that the people had not interpreted the words correctly. Divine Love is not something in outer space; Divine Love is inside. Therefore, it is the Divine Love that we express that meets our human needs. Unless we are expressing an impersonal, impartial, universal love, there is no love meeting our needs. That evening I saw that there is no Divine Love out there somewhere; God is not out there somewhere meeting our needs. God and His Divine Love are within us; but as long as we are not expressing it, it cannot meet our human needs. Divine Love constitutes forgiveness, charity, benevolence, kindness, cooperation, sharing. All of these, and any others you can possibly think of, constitute Divine Love. If we do not express ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...itage of Knowing God Aright.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 10, Start the Flow to God
- Chapter Ten Start the Flow to God Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days. Ecclesiastes 11:1 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. Matthew 13:12 The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof. Psalm 24:1 Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine. Luke 15:31 The kingdom of God is within you. Luke 17:21 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ. Romans 8:16,17 The above quotations indicate that you now have the fullness of the God-head bodily; you have all that God has. It may not appear that way looking out with the eyes, hearing with the ears, tasting, touching, or smelling with the physical senses. It may not appear at first to the physical senses that you have all that God has or even a little bit of it. It may even appear that you lack something. But you are not to judge by appearances. You are to judge righteous or spiritual judgment, and spiritual judgment, that is, spiritual discernment, reveals that all that God is you are. All that the Father has is yours. All that God is, you individually are. Allness The allness of God is made manifest as the allness of the son. God is both the Father and the Son: God, the Father, God, the Son. When you acknowledge your sonship, you are knowing the truth, and the truth will make you free, free from discordant appearances or experiences. But the truth you must know is that nothing can be added to you, that you cannot get anything, you cannot achieve anything, and you cannot demonstrate anything because all that the Father has is already yours. The life of God is your life; therefore, your life is eternal. The mind of God is your mind; therefore, you have infinite intelligence. God, the Soul, is your individual soul; therefore, you are as pure as God. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 10, Start the Flow to God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:13- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: The Law
- THE LAW THE FIRST COMMANDMENT, "Thou shalt have no other gods before me," is an admonition to look to one source for our good and it indicates that Me or I AM is that source. To this law all must render obedience. I am the one who must obey it. If I lived in the constant awareness of my true identity, it would be impossible for any one to interfere with my demonstration of harmonious, fruitful and eternal life, and if men always heeded the First Commandment, the journey into the Kingdom of God would be a quick one. Obedience to this command requires strict mental discipline. It means that every time you are tempted to place confidence in a power outside yourself, you must mentally argue with yourself (use the law) until you have brought yourself back into the presence and power of your own consciousness. This mental warfare is the law - the letter of truth - and always leads to the Spirit of Truth when faithfully followed. This, the First Commandment, then, is a law which you must literally obey - have no other presence or power than the Universal Consciousness, which is the consciousness of the individual, of you. You exist as infinite, individual, spiritual consciousness. You are not body. You are not limited mind or mentality. You are consciousness. What is this "I" which possesses body, business, home, talent, genius? It is not body. Feet, arms, legs, head - these are mine. But what is this "I" or "Me", that possesses them? There is only one "I", one Ego, one Consciousness. It is God. "I" am therefore universal. It is the "I" of me - individual Ego appearing as you, as me, as all so-called individual men and women. Individual existence is the continuous unfoldment of experience from within your own being. Nothing and no one exists outside your own consciousness. What we behold as person and thing is the idea of reality unfolding as our consciousness. There is in all the universe but one power, and I am that law and power. The consciousness which I am, the only I ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ation of Scripture_ The Law.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:19- 95K
Find Similar Documents
The Contemplative Life: Chapter 10, Meditation on Life by Grace
- ~ 10 ~ MEDITATION ON LIFE BY GRACE The greatest spiritual blessings that come into your experience are not brought about so much by what you know of truth as by the degree of silence you can maintain. What you know of truth, that is, of the letter of truth, acts only as a foundation for the real demonstration of spiritual living. Beyond a few simple statements of truth which every truth student must understand and realize, there is little of an intricate or difficult nature that one has to know so far as knowing truth is concerned. The difficult part comes in developing a state of consciousness which enables him to be inwardly still. Except for the realization of the true nature of prayer, which carries with it the understanding that God does not have to be appealed to or used, and the understanding that all the presence, substance, power, and law of God are where you are, silence is far more valuable than all the speech and all the teaching that can be given. That is why a person can usually do far greater work as a practitioner than as a teacher because a teacher is constantly being called upon to speak, and what he says sometimes deflects from the inward realization that God is. To be able to abide in the is-ness of God is far better than all the teaching or talking in the world. It is not what a person says that does the greater works: it is the quiet, peaceful realization. The first and very simple rule is not to reach out to God for something, to be sure that you do not believe you need a God-power, and to realize constantly that your only need is for the realization of God's grace. Aside from that, the less talking you do about what you know the better for you and for those you are helping. This is especially true for those who are teachers because it is when they are not teaching that they are living closest to their spiritual center. Then, they are not thinking and speaking through the mind, saying things that oftentimes sound foolish. Words always sound ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Meditation on Life by Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:39- 142K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 20, Truth Unfolding
- ~ 20 ~ TRUTH UNFOLDING We cannot have a consciousness of truth and a demonstration; nor can we have a consciousness of truth before the demonstration, nor the demonstration before the consciousness of truth. First, there must be the consciousness of truth, and then, with it, comes the demonstration, because all demonstration is truth itself made evident-the Infinite Invisible becomes visible; the Word becomes flesh. There is no time lapse, or space lapse, between the Word and the flesh. The Word becomes flesh instantaneously. Truth becomes demonstration instantaneously, because demonstration is truth manifested. Nothing takes place in our outer world except as the manifestation and expression of our consciousness, and if truth is not active in our consciousness, then our demonstration is not the activity of truth. If our thought remains barren of truth, no matter how fruitful in material things it may be, it cannot bring forth spiritual fruitage. If we sow to the flesh, we reap corruption. If we sow to the Spirit, we reap the fruitage of the Spirit. Let us remember this: Our individual consciousness actually is God consciousness; God is our only consciousness. Therefore, all demonstration, all manifestation, is God consciousness expressed. It takes our knowing of this truth, however, to make that evident. All harmony in our experience is the direct result of the activity of truth in our consciousness. This activity of truth does not consist merely in making statements of truth, or in vain repetitions of truth, or in repeated affirmations of truth. That is not the activity of truth in consciousness. The activity of truth in consciousness is an awareness of the truth of being. As we learn to dwell on God, on God in Its infinite forms and varieties, on God as omnipresent, and especially on God as individual consciousness-your consciousness and mine-then the infinity of God appears. The Infinite Way of life is actually an entrance into the fourth dimension of life, into ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 20, Truth Unfolding.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:30- 122K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 12, God Alone Is Power
- Chapter Twelve God Alone Is Power Out of depths of the silence, out of the infinite withinness, come the joy, the peace, and the harmony of our daily life. Most persons in the world miss much of this harmony because they are seeking their good outside themselves. They believe that their good can come to them from somebody, from something, or from somewhere other than their consciousness. For thousands of years people have been seeking health, wealth, peace, safety, security out here in the world, thinking that these could come through men, organizations, or places. It is not true and never has been true. The kingdom of God which is the kingdom of Allness has to be found within individual being. If heretofore you have been expecting good to come to you, be willing this very minute to give up all thought of any good coming to you at any time from any place, person, situation, or condition in this world. The longer you expect good to come to you, the longer you will be waiting for it and the closer will come the realization that it is not going to come. It never has for anyone. It never will come to you. But if you can give up all thoughts, hopes, and desires of getting, receiving, or achieving good, and understand that you, yourself, are the place where God fulfills Himself, you will be that place where God flows through to all those who do not yet know their true identity. The Master Revealed Our True Identity At one time I was asked to speak with two ministers on the subject of meditation and, if possible, to help them with their practice of meditation. One of them asked, "Do you believe that in this short time we have together today you can teach us how to meditate?" I told them I could not answer that question until they answered a couple of other questions. Then I would be able to tell them very quickly whether or not they could achieve meditation and the fruits of meditation in such a short period. First of all, I asked, "Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 12, God Alone Is Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:13- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: December 1956, The Christ
- CHAPTER TWELVE: DECEMBER The Christ Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. John 14:10-19 IN order to reach the kingdom of heaven, we must transcend the realm of mind and thought to the heights where the realm of Spirit unfolds and discloses itself. Upon entering the kingdom, we receive, within ourselves, the Word of God; the light of the Christ; the Spirit of God in man. Although we strive and press onward toward the kingdom only that the Word be received-always the Word is made flesh and dwells among us. Every time It is heard, It becomes manifest in the outer realm. Every time the divine impulse is felt, it becomes visible and tangible without. This Word of God is the substance of all form, the substance of all demonstration, the bread of life, the water of life eternal, the wine of inspiration; and therefore, when faced with any appearance of discord, inwardly we can say: "I and my Father are one. . . . All that the Father hath is mine. . . . I have meat ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ December 1956, The Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:58- 127K
Find Similar Documents