The Government of Eden: Chapter 11, When Peace Descends
- XI when peace descends T HE WORLD THAT GOD made in six days is the world that we are making with our labors. We are creating our new world every day with our mental and spiritual labors. We are creating a whole new world for ourselves, a whole new consciousness, and one day we will realize that we have reached it. Our labors have not been in vain. The Christ is risen; we have entered. "My people must enter a period of rest, a Sabbath," 1 in which life is by grace, "not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit." 2 And never forget this: It is a real experience, living by the power of God. It is not a biblical phrase. It is a real experience, living by the Spirit of God, living by grace, living in the Sabbath, where you no longer "take thought for your life, what you shall eat or what you shall drink or wherewithal ye shall be clothed," 3 but My spirit goeth before you. The movement, the transition from law to grace, is done by you, within your consciousness, at a specific moment. It could be a moment like this one, in which you decide that the time has come to stop living by chance, by averages, by insurance statistics. In other words, the time has come to stop being a statistic, and to move out from among them. Come out and be separate and live under grace. It can only happen in one way. "If so be the Spirit of God be in you, then are you the children of God." 4 Until that time, you are a mortal; you are a human being; you are subject to age, change, limitation, war, peace, depression, boom, health, sickness, life and death, chance, luck, and horoscopes. But when you make the transition filled with the Spirit of God, "then are you children of God, and if children, heirs, and if heirs, joint-heirs with Christ in God to all of the spiritual kingdom." 5 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." 6 What a strange statement this is to come from a consciousness such as that of the Master! Somehow or other, we visualize Jesus, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...vernment of Eden_Chapter 11.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:07- 62K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 14, Christ Consciousness
- ~ 14 ~ CHRIST CONSCIOUSNESS "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you." 1 In the human picture, we have to earn our good. We have to be worthy of it; we have to be deserving of it. We have to work for it and work hard for it. In the human world, we are constantly making a physical or mental effort to bring about some good in our experience. And yet, the promise is, "My peace I give." But this promised peace does not come through the use of either physical or mental effort, nor does it come from those things that the world can give, such as money, position, or place. In our healing work, we do not use physical means, but there are many students of metaphysics today who still use a great deal of mental effort. In the Infinite Way, however, we are learning to rise above the need for even mental work in healing to the point where healing comes by grace as that Christ peace. For example, if I were asked for help, and then immediately began to think thoughts, know the truth, or make declarations of truth, that would be mental effort. Of course, knowing the truth is our foundation, our beginning, in this work. We do know the truth. We remember what we have learned about treatment, beginning with God, and following through to the realization of God. True, that was a mental effort; but that correct letter of truth forms the foundation of our work, because without it our healing work might be the result of a blind or ignorant faith. There are many times when a blind faith might not prove strong enough to withstand the suggestions of the world. If, however, you know the truth of being, you know that God is individual life, and that therefore, the life of the individual is just as permanent as the life which is God; you know that the divine Mind, or God, is the mind of the individual, and therefore, there can be no mental aberration or lapse from intelligence; you know that God, the divine Soul, is also the Soul of the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 14, Christ Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:29- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 19, God - the Omnipresent Reality
- ~ 19 ~ GOD, THE OMNIPRESENT REALITY FREEDOM OF HEALTH IN CHRIST and freedom of supply in Christ are entirely different from freedom in the body and freedom in the purse, and yet health in Christ manifests itself as physical freedom, just as freedom of supply in Christ manifests itself as an abundant purse. We lose all sense of tension when we realize that our health, wealth and happiness are not in these forms, but that our freedom is of the Christ as we open our consciousness to Its inflow: Christ is imparting Itself eternally as my consciousness and I am receptive to Its consciousness which is the embodiment of all that is. All that is, is good, and since God made all that was made, I am the very embodiment of that good. I am the state of receptivity as which that infinite Being is expressing Itself. As individual consciousness, I am responsive only to the Christ, and nothing can enter that consciousness to defile or make it a lie. There is only one Consciousness, God, and that is my individual consciousness now. As we meditate on this truth of receptivity to the Christ, we shall find that all the Christ is pours Itself forth as our individual consciousness. "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was." 1 It makes no difference whether it is a truth- message, whether it is selling or buying, manufacturing or farming. The thing that counts is that what we are doing is animated by the Spirit and carries with it the life and vitality of the Soul. If what we are doing carries with it this spiritual spark, it will prosper, it will succeed, it will make glad, it will make happy, it will satisfy and it will be of good report. Spirit always satisfies. Spirit always fulfills Itself; Spirit always completes Itself in success. The important point is not what work we are doing, but whether we are doing it from our own limited sense of self or whether there is a Spirit permeating the activity and carrying it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...d - the Omnipresent Reality.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:46- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 4, Thought Is Not Power
- ~ 4 ~ THOUGHT IS NOT POWER IT POPPED INTO MY HEAD ONE DAY that thought is not a power, it is an avenue of awareness. It shocked me for a moment, having it come out of a clear sky when I was not asking for it. Then I saw that I, through the avenue of thought, can become aware of people in this room and know whether they are dressed in brown or green or black, but no amount of thinking I do can make it so. Not my thought and not all the thought in this room will change that which is in this room. Therefore, thought, to me, becomes an avenue of awareness. Through thought I have become aware of the great truth that you are the Christ of God. That is what you are and have been since time began. It just took me a long time to find it out-and others are still finding it out. But it was always true, since, "Before Abraham was I am," and nobody's thinking did it. It just is so, as a law of God; and, "Lo, I will be with you always . . ." 1 even unto the end of this human belief of things. Certainly I will, and that is the Christ, the mind that was in Christ Jesus, the soul or spirit of God. If we took all the practitioners out of business today, it should make no difference to a person who has been on this path for any length of time. Our great sin is when we have patients or students for a year or two who still have not learned that God is their infinite, individual, invisible, eternal life, when we have not made it sufficiently clear that the body is the temple of the living God. With a year of this kind of instruction, a body should be reflecting it. The minute you begin to know that the mind that was in Christ Jesus is your mind, from that moment on it is doing something to your body, your business, your income, your human relationships and family relationships. It may seem slow in the beginning, unless you have a tremendous light such as Saul had when he became Paul. In that case it might be quick, but even there, it was nine years after Saul had that experience before ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 4, Thought Is Not Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:19- 104K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 3, The Principle of Contemplative Meditation
- CHAPTER 3 THE PRINCIPLE OF CONTEMPLATIVE MEDITATION Most religious teachings tell us that the Spirit of the Lord is everywhere. If that were true, everybody would be free, healthy, wealthy, independent, joyous, and harmonious, and there would be no slavery, bondage, lack, or limitation. But that is not the condition of the world, so that teaching cannot be true. It is like saying that electricity is everywhere. However, until it is connected to your particular use, it does you no good. So it is with the Spirit of the Lord. In an absolute spiritual sense, the Spirit of the Lord is everywhere; but if you do not realize God, if you do not make contact with God, if you do not feel the actual presence of God, then as far as you are concerned, it is not there. The Infinite Way principle is that the Spirit of the Lord is only where it is realized. God-Realization The whole secret lies in the word consciousness. If you are conscious of the presence of the Lord, if you are conscious of the activity of God, then it is so unto you. To develop this consciousness we meditate or reach out to practitioners for help. Until we ourselves have realized the Spirit of the Lord, we turn to a practitioner who has the capacity (either inborn or developed) to realize God. If you can contact the consciousness of a Jesus Christ or of a John or of a Paul, your troubles are over and harmony is instantly restored to you because you have touched the consciousness of one who has attained God-realization. It makes no difference whether the practitioner is an Infinite Way student, a Christian Science student, or a Unity student as long as the practitioner is of a realized God- consciousness. On the other hand, if the practitioner is not of realized God- consciousness, regardless of what teaching he or she follows, you will get no benefit except possibly a little human comfort. You will have no demonstration of health, harmony, wholeness, completeness, or perfection. The Infinite Way practitioner has ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...of Contemplative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:38- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 1, The Now Activity of the Christ
- Chapter One The Now Activity of the Christ The spiritual path is the way through which we enter the spiritual life, and ultimately it leads us to that place where we know beyond all doubt that the spirit of God dwells in us and is living our life. The activity of the Spirit is always fruitful, productive of harmony, peace, joy, and abundance. In spiritual living there is no chance, nor are there accidental events of any nature. Most persons think of going to church, to a lecture on spiritual subjects, or reading a book of spiritual wisdom as if it were a human act, even an act of their own will. This really is not the case at all because human instinct does not lead a person naturally in that direction. It is only when the activity of something greater than one's self has touched an individual's consciousness that he is led to a truth- teaching. So it is that same something that has brought you to the reading of this letter. You would not be doing this if it were not for the activity of the Spirit, the Christ, functioning in you, and functioning as your consciousness. That this Christ function as your life is the goal of spiritual living. This is the ultimate attainment. Letting Go of This World for the Kingdom Truth is not an easy path to walk. Many persons still have the mistaken idea that in coming to truth they are going to find their human problems quickly met and then perhaps they will dangle on some kind of a ninth cloud. The harp has been eliminated, and I am not quite sure what has taken its place. It is true that entering the spiritual path does eliminate many problems-the major discords and inharmonies of our lives-and usually very quickly. However, since eliminating problems is not the primary goal of truth, these outer harmonies indicate that we have merely entered the spiritual path at this stage. The next step to which we must look forward is the overcoming of our human pleasures, human profits, and human harmonies. The basis for this is the Master's ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Now Activity of the Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:52- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 2, Unfolding Consciousness
- ~ 2 ~ UNFOLDING CONSCIOUSNESS THIS IS A CONTINUATION OF OUR CLASS YESTERDAY, a continuity of unfolding consciousness. We are taking up where we left off, and, as a matter of fact, carrying right on as we will for the rest of the week. When John was in prison he sent word to Jesus: "Art thou he that should come? 1 Is this the promised Messiah?" And Jesus did not tell him that he had been authorized or ordained, or had received a license to be a rabbi. He said, "Go and show John the things you have seen, that the sick are healed." 2 Our only authority for the work we are doing is its result, and that result must be healing, the healing of the problems of human existence! The work of healing through the spirit is never the healing of a body; never the healing of a physical condition. That is the result, but it is not the work. The work is the spiritualizing of consciousness. The work is spiritualizing consciousness, spiritualizing thought, opening consciousness to the receptivity of God. That is the work in healing. In the presence of God there are no problems, and so when you are standing, actually standing, in the conscious awareness of the presence of God, you have no sins or diseases to overcome. Of all of Jesus' statements, the greatest is, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God . . . and all these other things shall be added unto you." 3 Now the kingdom of God, the realm of God, is consciousness. The spiritual atmosphere of God is the kingdom and when you are in the spiritual atmosphere of God, all the harmonies of this world, of heaven and of earth, are added unto you. The subject of healing work is a very interesting one and there are many approaches to this practice, but I can only speak of that which has revealed itself to me. Healing work is accomplished entirely through silence! The treatments, so called, of oral explanation or the written word, are merely little ladders which we use to climb up to the point of silence. Sometimes they are necessary, most often ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 2, Unfolding Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:06- 117K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: April 1958, The Message of Easter I Have Over Come The World
- ... It is essential that we do not hasten past this unfoldment until we have thoroughly learned that our health, our supply, and the harmony of our human relationships are not dependent on human effort alone or human wisdom alone or on physical power, as we have believed because of our experience in the human scene; but rather that every word of God, entertained in our consciousness, eventually becomes the harmony of our daily experience. Now we learn the true meaning of Jesus' words, "I have meat to eat that ye know not of." 6 Understanding the word of God, and abiding in this Word and letting this Word abide in us, we have an inner substance, an inner source of good, an inner healer and saviour- the meat that the world knows not of. We crucify human fears and doubts when, instead of rushing about madly and, with worry and concern, undertaking the tasks of each day, we can relax in the realization: "I am the bread and the wine and the water. All those things the world feverishly seeks through anxious thought and much physical labor are already mine." We relax in God's assurance, "Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine." 7 Here too, is crucifixion in another form, the crucifixion of unrest, distrust, and burdensome labor. Pondering the Master's message of forgiveness so often repeated in the Gospels-the message of forgiving "seventy times seven" all those who abuse us, and forgiving even to the extent of praying for those who persecute us and deal unjustly with us-we further learn that, in the degree in which we put this message into practice, do we crucify our hate, prejudice, bigotry, and our fear of our fellow-man. Meditating deeply upon the message of the Master, which reveals that it was his mission, the Christ-mission, to heal the sick, raise the dead, open the eyes of the blind, and open the ears of the deaf, we realize that this He, who says, "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 8 . . . I am with you alway, even unto the end of the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... I Have Over Come The World.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 149K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: States and Stages of Consciousness
- States and Stages of Consciousness Even though for many years the metaphysical world has believed that mental and spiritual healing are synonymous, actually they are as far apart as are material and spiritual healing. Mental and material healing are much the same except that they operate on different levels of consciousness. The mental is a little higher and finer than the material, but essentially they are two strata of the same belief. On the other hand, to use the terms, "mentally spiritual" or "spiritually mental," is exactly the same as saying, "a godly devil." The spiritual and the mental are just that far apart, not that one is right and the other is wrong, but they function on such different levels of consciousness that they are as far apart as the poles. The present day mixture of the spiritual and the mental stems from the beginning of modern mental practice, which originated in the last quarter of the eighteenth century in Germany with Franz Anton Mesmer, a reputable and learned physician, who named his discovery animal magnetism. He it was who discovered that there is a vital fluid-invisible and mental-which passes from the practitioner to the patient and which acts hypnotically through suggestion. One of Mesmer's students, the French mesmerist, Charles Poyen, migrated to Portland, Maine, and there found an apt student named Phineas P. Quimby to whom he taught mesmerism, then known as hypnotism, or animal magnetism, and for some time these two engaged in this activity primarily for entertainment purposes. Mr. Quimby, later known as Dr. Quimby, however, had a young patient, or student, who worked as his assistant and who developed the faculty, under hypnotism, of discerning the mental causes of the physical diseases of people coming to him on the platform. Dr. Quimby, then, by recognizing the power of the mental thought, erased the disease. As a result of some remarkable healings which took place, he gave up the entertainment phase of his work and became ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...and Stages of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:21- 156K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 20, Truth Unfolding
- ~ 20 ~ TRUTH UNFOLDING We cannot have a consciousness of truth and a demonstration; nor can we have a consciousness of truth before the demonstration, nor the demonstration before the consciousness of truth. First, there must be the consciousness of truth, and then, with it, comes the demonstration, because all demonstration is truth itself made evident-the Infinite Invisible becomes visible; the Word becomes flesh. There is no time lapse, or space lapse, between the Word and the flesh. The Word becomes flesh instantaneously. Truth becomes demonstration instantaneously, because demonstration is truth manifested. Nothing takes place in our outer world except as the manifestation and expression of our consciousness, and if truth is not active in our consciousness, then our demonstration is not the activity of truth. If our thought remains barren of truth, no matter how fruitful in material things it may be, it cannot bring forth spiritual fruitage. If we sow to the flesh, we reap corruption. If we sow to the Spirit, we reap the fruitage of the Spirit. Let us remember this: Our individual consciousness actually is God consciousness; God is our only consciousness. Therefore, all demonstration, all manifestation, is God consciousness expressed. It takes our knowing of this truth, however, to make that evident. All harmony in our experience is the direct result of the activity of truth in our consciousness. This activity of truth does not consist merely in making statements of truth, or in vain repetitions of truth, or in repeated affirmations of truth. That is not the activity of truth in consciousness. The activity of truth in consciousness is an awareness of the truth of being. As we learn to dwell on God, on God in Its infinite forms and varieties, on God as omnipresent, and especially on God as individual consciousness-your consciousness and mine-then the infinity of God appears. The Infinite Way of life is actually an entrance into the fourth dimension of life, into ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 20, Truth Unfolding.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:30- 122K
Find Similar Documents