Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 2, Peace
- ~ 2 ~ PEACE Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27 My * peace, the peace of Christ! More healings have been brought about through absolute silence than through all the arguments metaphysicians have thought up in the whole history of the world. When you are called upon for help, sit down and get at peace. Think no thoughts; just sit and wait. Wait. Be patient, and wait for the peace of the Christ to descend upon you. In that moment of peace, without a word, you will witness healing. The only value a treatment has is to lift us to a point or place in consciousness where we are ready for spiritual consciousness to unfold. We are now in a different position from the one in which we found ourselves, when we were functioning with treatments. We have come to that place in consciousness where we are ready for the next higher step. Even if mental argument, affirmation, and denial were necessary to us in the early days of our work, we can now leave such forms alone. Learn to sit down and relax. Whether the case is sin, disease, death, or unemployment; whether or not it is serious, sit down and relax. Do not try to "handle" it. Do not try to "work" on it. Do not try to "treat" it. Sit back and, in silence, create a kind of vacuum for God, for the Christ, to rush in. Sit down and relinquish the thought that the human mind is a healer: Christ is the healer. The essence of the whole work we are doing is this: God is. God is, so let God work in us and through us to Its own end, and as Its own creation. Instead of continuing to use the words, God, God, God, let the actual realization of God do the work, since God is. "My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth." 1 The world can give us a certain kind of peace. It can give us a lack of noise, a quiet country place, or an ocean trip. That is the peace that the world can give. People travel to far places, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Unfolding_ Chapter 2, Peace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:29- 139K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 9, The Christ
- ... When once we acknowledge God to be the reality of being, we have done away with the need for observing rituals, ceremonies, or creeds, or for celebrating holy days. All we have to do is to learn to live in the consciousness of our present perfection. Let us live in the constant realization of our true identity. After we have done that, there is only one other step, and that is to realize that the errors of the world, all of those things that the world is fighting, are not errors at all; they are illusions. And then, let us learn not to fight them, not to try to subdue or overcome them, or even try to get rid of them. Let us learn to live in a beautiful state of peace, the peace that comes from the understanding of God as the only reality of being. Effects of the Christ The Christ is always a gentle influence. From the moment It appears in our lives, we lose the ability to be very angry or very selfish. The Christ is made manifest in a gentleness of attitude toward those with whom we come in contact. The Christ is the greatest sense of forgiveness the world has yet known. That is the reason Jesus places so much stress on forgiving our enemies, praying for our enemies, forgiving and praying for those who despitefully use us, forgiving seventy times seven, forgiving every day those who seek it. The Christ, once It is received, cannot bear ill will, or hold enmity or antagonism even toward those who hate It. Do you remember Jesus' response to human hate: " 'Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.' 5 No one can destroy or hurt me, since I am life eternal. This is an opportunity to prove that anyone or anything calling himself or itself a hater of truth, a hater of love, is not a power. It is a balloon, ready for a pin to be stuck into it. So put up your sword. I will prove that they can do nothing. Those that live by the sword shall perish by the sword. Those who believe that error is so real that they must go ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ding_ Chapter 9, The Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:30- 150K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: September 1955, The Deep Pool of Your Being
- ... Had the Master not been able to step aside sufficiently to know that "I can of mine own self do nothing," and had the word "I" entered His demonstration in any way, the miracles could not have taken place. This brings us back to our first point: God is individual consciousness (the consciousness of you and me) and therefore the storehouse of infinity is within you. You cannot draw it forth-you can get out of the way, make the contact, and let it flow forth! In order to understand this properly it is necessary that you first overcome time and space. You must remember that none of this has anything to do with yesterday. None of yesterday's virtues will help you achieve this realization today, and none of yesterday's sins will prevent proving it today. Your yesterday's, whether for good or evil, have nothing to do with today's spiritual unfoldment. You must rise in consciousness above any sense of limitation, and each time you turn to the within in an earnest sense of self-forgiveness and Self- realization the yesterdays are blotted out. "Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow," and because the nature of the Christ is forgiveness, until seventy times seven, even were you to sin again you will be "as white as snow" the moment you return. As long as you earnestly and sincerely follow this path for the purpose of "forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before," and ". . . press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus," even though mistakes cling and must be risen above again and again, nevertheless there will come that day of complete attainment when there will be no going back to the yesterdays. You do not live on yesterday's manna. It is necessary that you make this contact almost hourly throughout each day until that glorious moment when It takes over and says, "I am with you," and eventually on to the end of the road where It says, "I am you." Until that day ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...The Deep Pool of Your Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:12- 143K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 11, Attain That Mind
- ~ 11 ~ ATTAIN THAT MIND Life is much like a play, unfolding from the first to the last acts, in which the leading characters go through all manner of trials, temptations and troubles before reaching the happy ending. In this world we shall have these experiences of seeming good or bad, up or down, well or sick, rich or poor, but in the attainment of the "Mind that was in Christ Jesus," we shall have life everlasting. The story of every major prophet is one of illumination after struggles. Joseph accepted his delivery into slavery as an act of God. Elijah finally realized that through every step of his banishment God was present, seeing him through. Moses accepted the deliverance of the Hebrews as an act of God, and had proof of the Presence every step of the long, hard journey. So must we, regardless of our world experiences, and even though we go through the trials of Moses, Elijah, Jesus, Paul and John, understand and realize that the Divine Presence overshadows and accompanies us every step of our way. Having touched this spiritual Hem, having made the contact, we are never alone, never forsaken, never permitted to fail. There is always the last act: the attainment of the Mind of Christ. If we recognize this truth we are living by Grace, and we let the reasoning, thinking, planning mind relax as we recognize our good as the gift of God, as Divine Ever-Presence. Should we experience any human sense of discord, keep watching for the angel of the Lord, the Christ, the Father within, and listen for the still, small V oice. It will never leave us nor forsake us. It is our permanent dispensation. Human existence before the awakening is life cut off from its Source-an accidental hit or miss affair with anything as possibilities, and most things as probabilities. Yet, even then, there is a Presence lurking in the background, only awaiting the right moment to emerge as the very Christ of our being, as our individual salvation. As students of Truth we come to the study for ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 11, Attain That Mind.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:55- 110K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 1, Living by the Word
- Chapter One Living by the Word There comes a certain moment in the experience of every person when a touch of the Spirit breaks through into consciousness, when a ray of light penetrates, not because of him, but in spite of him. From the moment that ray touches him, the end is inevitable: he is going to find his way to the very center of his being, right to the throne of God. For some, the way is long and difficult because of the many facets of humanhood which have been built up and from which we cannot free ourselves. We do not find it easy to let go of many of the qualities which hold us back; and I am not thinking only of the evil qualities. Some of the good ones, too, are positive deterrents to our spiritual progress. As this ray of light continues to penetrate, it pushes us, it leads us, even to the point of stumbling. We have periods of gradual growth toward spiritual consciousness, and then all of a sudden we get a wallop that sets us back about ten degrees, and we have to pick ourselves up and begin all over again. That happens to everybody on this path, who, like most of us, yields reluctantly to the spiritual impulse. There are a few gifted individuals who, before this present experience on earth, have been so wonderfully prepared that their way seems to be much easier than ours. They seem to perceive spiritual light quickly, and their progress appears always to be onward and upward. In that purity of consciousness, the childlike consciousness, which many adults have brought over with them from their previous development, the ascent into spiritual consciousness is a beautiful one, gradual and harmonious, and beset with very few problems, and even those few not of their own making but having to do mostly with their families, friends, and that which they have picked up on the journey. For most people, however, the path is up and down, and usually there comes the realization at the end of a year or two, and possibly at the end of every year or two, "Well, I ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 1, Living by the Word.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:47- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter IV, The Language of Spiritual Healing
- CHAPTER IV THE LANGUAGE OF SPIRITUAL HEALING Not long ago I talked with an orthodox minister who had just finished reading my book, Practicing the Presence. 1 He had enjoyed it very much, found it challenging; but he added that the language and some of the terms used were new to him. Certainly it is true that, to the reader untutored in mysticism, some terms are incomprehensible; but it must be remembered that mysticism, like every other field of study, has its own specialized terminology. Spiritual healing as taught in The Infinite Way is built around a few words. Before we go on to consider these words, let me explain briefly what The Infinite Way is: It is a spiritual teaching consisting of principles which anyone may follow and practice, irrespective of his religious affiliation. The Infinite Way reveals the nature of God to be one infinite power, intelligence, and love; the nature of individual being to be one with His qualities and character, expressed in infinite forms and variety; and the nature of the discords of this world to be a misconception of God's expression of Himself in His universe. These are universal principles based on the message of the Master, Christ Jesus, who taught that man can realize his oneness with God through conscious communion with God, thereby bringing about peace on earth, harmony, and wholeness. In this new language of spiritual healing, the fint and most important word that must be understood is the little word "as," an understanding of which eliminates forever all sense of duality: God is manifest as individual being. If God is manifest as individual being, there is not God and man; there is not God and you; therefore, there cannot be a person going to God for something. During the years when I was devoting my time exclusively to the healing work, as patients came to me I learned not to see them as human beings, nor to look to a God to patch them up. I saw that everyone who came to me was God appearing as individual being, and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nguage of Spiritual Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:32- 136K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Ye Are the Light
- This Being is all-inclusive life, love, substance, law and reality. You do not any more get at-one with Truth, or seek some truth with which to meet a need, but you realize with infinite joy, "I am the truth." "Ye are the light of the world." As you rest in this consciousness, you will no longer find it necessary to overcome evil-destroy error-wrestle or rise above error. As the light, there is no "above" or "below"-you fill all space. As the light, darkness vanishes as you approach it and you have no consciousness of the darkness that has been dispelled, not any more than intelligence can be aware of the ignorance it displaces. As there is but one Mind, remember that your thoughts, feelings, emotions are constantly being broadcast to the world. The world does not read your mind so as to be consciously aware of specific thoughts; nevertheless, it is attracted or repelled (without being consciously aware of it) by the general tenor of your thinking. Therefore, let your consciousness be filled with forgiveness, joy. Behold the universe as it is, sharing, cooperating, understanding. Constantly be the eternal Giver in action-not merely giving what is deserved, or earned, or won, but giving because the need appears; giving regardless of the so-called worthiness of the individual. Keep your consciousness free of judgment, criticism, condemnation, doubt, fear, discouragement. Think and voice error as little as you can. Consciously control your thought in the direction of I AM: "I" am the light; "I" am supply; "I" am intelligence; "I" am free. This I AM is the universal Being, your Christ-Self; your true identity, the only one you have. We speak of "your" life, "my" life, or "his" or "her" life, whereas it is necessary for us to remember that there is in all the world only ONE Life. This Life is deathless, ageless, diseaseless and changeless; it is the individual expression of that ONE divine Life. In other words, divine Life is our life. It contains no element of matter, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Goldsmith_ Ye Are the Light.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:16- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Metaphysical Healing
- Metaphysical Healing HEALINGS ARE ALWAYS in proportion to our understanding of the truth about God, man, idea, body. Healing has nothing to do with someone "out there" called a patient. When anyone asks for spiritual help or healing, that ends their part in what follows until they acknowledge their so-called healing. We are not concerned with the so-called patient, the claim, the cause of the illness or its nature, nor with his sins or fears. We are now concerned only with the truth of being-the truth of God, man, idea, body. The activity of this truth in our consciousness is the Christ, Saviour or healing influence. Failure to heal is the result of much mis-knowledge of the truth of God, man, idea, body, and this mis-knowledge stems primarily from orthodox religious beliefs which have not been rooted out of our thought. Few realize to what extent they are blinded by superstitious orthodoxy. There is only one answer to the question, What is God? and the answer is I AM. God is the Mind, the Life of the individual. Any mental hedging or inner reservation on this subject will result in ultimate failure. There is but one universal I, whether it is being spoken by Jesus Christ or John Smith. When Jesus revealed: "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me," he was revealing a universal Truth or Principle. There must be no quibbling about this. You either understand this truth or you do not-and if you do not there is no need for you to seek any further reason for failure to heal. The revelation of Jesus the Christ is clear. "I am the way, the truth, and the life." Unless you can accept this as a principle, therefore as the truth about you and about every individual, you have no foundation upon which to stand. The truth is that God is the Mind and Life of the individual. God is the only "I." Next comes the question, What is man? and the answer is that man is idea, body, manifestation. My body is idea, or manifestation. Likewise my business, home, wealth-these exist as idea or ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...smith_ Metaphysical Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:14- 114K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Three, The Practicality of Spiritual Living
- ... On the other hand, can you picture the joyful experience of going through life being friends with anybody and everybody in the whole world, knowing that no one has anything you need or want and you have nothing anyone else needs or wants, that all you require unfolds to you from within your own being? That makes sharing a double delight because it is a heartwarming experience to share with those who do not expect it of you or feel that you are under any obligation to them. There is no room in spiritual living or in a spiritual activity for selfishness. The law of God is a law of love and cannot be utilized for selfish purposes. Love is one of the great attributes of God and must be expressed in our daily experience if we are to live in accordance with God's law. We are expressing love in proportion as we release the world of men and women from every form of bondage. When we hold an individual responsible for his sins, we hold him in bondage; but when we loose him and let him go in forgiveness, if necessary in the realization that he knows not what he is doing, we are fulfilling the law of love. There are those in our experience who humanly owe us an obligation, and we express our love by inwardly releasing them from that obligation, but love does not mean that human obligations can be ignored or responsibility shirked with impunity. In fact, sometimes the highest form of love is to require someone to fulfill his responsibility, thereby helping him to fulfill the law of love and giving him an opportunity to grow and live according to the high ethical standards the spiritual life demands. That does not mean, however, that spiritually we hold him in bondage to his debt or obligation, or in any sense are tempted to believe that our own demonstration can ever be affected by the attitude or actions of anyone else. For example, according to all standards of business ethics, partners have obligations to one another, but spiritually, inwardly, each should release the other ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...icality of Spiritual Living.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:00- 109K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 12, Christ Ascended
- ... But that son of God is incarnated in me, in you, and in every "you" throughout this globe: the pagan, the atheist, the agnostic, the Christian, the Buddhist, the Vedantist. It makes no difference what his beliefs are. God is spirit, indivisible, inseparable from Himself, and therefore omnipresent in you, in every you. Forgiveness of Sin, a Function of the Christ By observing the ministry of Jesus Christ, who so completely showed forth his divine sonship, and which he said was within us, we can understand the function of the Christ, one of which is the forgiving of sin. For each of us, this is important. In our human experience we have sinned greatly, and because most of our sins were committed ignorantly, we need not rehearse or rehash them. Let us acknowledge, however, that as human beings we have strayed far from our Father's house, our Father's standard of conduct, and our Father's teaching. With this acknowledgment we are showing sufficient humility to take the next step and say, "Thank You, Father, that Your son, the Christ, the spirit of God in me, is here to forgive my sins. I carry within me my mediator, my meditation. I carry within my own consciousness the incarnated son of God whose function it is, when I ask for forgiveness, to give it." Lip service will not suffice. This must be a once and for all confession: "Father, forgive me, I have not known what I have done. But now I know that Your son is incarnate within me, and one of Its functions is to forgive me my sins." Then the injunction is to go and sin no more and to watch each day that, to the highest extent possible, we do not violate the laws that we have come to know. Even so there will be more violations, but forgiveness "seventy times seven" 5 is still awaiting us. Our responsibility is to try our best to live up to whatever spiritual law we may now learn, and if we know that the Christ is not something in time or space, we have made a real beginning. Healing as an Activity of the Christ ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 12, Christ Ascended.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:37- 122K
Find Similar Documents