Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 4, Immortality Unveiled
- Chapter Four Immortality Unveiled It is not possible to enter into the Christ-consciousness while you are trying to change appearances. Evil becomes less operative in your life, however, as you rise to a place in consciousness where you recognize that God is Spirit, that Spirit alone is power, and that there is no power aside from Spirit-not that there is not a claim of material and mental power in the human world. But you cannot change that until you rise above the material and mental levels into the spiritual, and it is there that you will recognize the illusory nature of all so-called powers. Actually, it is impossible for an illusion to create any real thing. All it can create is a mental image in thought. The world is the temple of God. It is not an illusion even though some Oriental teachings claim it is. The illusion is in our sense of the world. But what has happened to those who have accepted this world as an illusion? "By their fruits ye shall know them."1 Has there been clearly identifiable fruitage? God never created an illusion, and God did create the world which to human sense is seen "through a glass darkly."2 If only it could be seen face to face, this very universe would be the temple of God, as your individual body would be. Your body is the temple of God, but you are seeing it through the universal belief in two powers, and the sooner you come to some measure of realization of one power, the sooner will your body begin to respond. As you learn this principle of the Infinite Way, you will disregard appearances, knowing that you are witnessing these appearances through the illusory sense of the belief in two powers. Impersonal Nature of Error Makes Healing Relatively Easy Infinite Way work is carried on entirely from the standpoint that all evil, regardless of its name or nature, is impersonal and has its source in a universal belief in two powers. It is for this reason that you never take the name of the patient or the disease into your treatment. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 4, Immortality Unveiled.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:14- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: September 1955, The Deep Pool of Your Being
- ... Had the Master not been able to step aside sufficiently to know that "I can of mine own self do nothing," and had the word "I" entered His demonstration in any way, the miracles could not have taken place. This brings us back to our first point: God is individual consciousness (the consciousness of you and me) and therefore the storehouse of infinity is within you. You cannot draw it forth-you can get out of the way, make the contact, and let it flow forth! In order to understand this properly it is necessary that you first overcome time and space. You must remember that none of this has anything to do with yesterday. None of yesterday's virtues will help you achieve this realization today, and none of yesterday's sins will prevent proving it today. Your yesterday's, whether for good or evil, have nothing to do with today's spiritual unfoldment. You must rise in consciousness above any sense of limitation, and each time you turn to the within in an earnest sense of self-forgiveness and Self- realization the yesterdays are blotted out. "Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow," and because the nature of the Christ is forgiveness, until seventy times seven, even were you to sin again you will be "as white as snow" the moment you return. As long as you earnestly and sincerely follow this path for the purpose of "forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before," and ". . . press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus," even though mistakes cling and must be risen above again and again, nevertheless there will come that day of complete attainment when there will be no going back to the yesterdays. You do not live on yesterday's manna. It is necessary that you make this contact almost hourly throughout each day until that glorious moment when It takes over and says, "I am with you," and eventually on to the end of the road where It says, "I am you." Until that day ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...The Deep Pool of Your Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:12- 143K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 1, God Is Individual Consciousness
- ~ 1 ~ GOD IS INDIVIDUAL CONSCIOUSNESS To experience God unfolding as individual consciousness is the purpose of the Infinite Way. It is a revelation within your own being of your own being, an experience which takes place within you. The kingdom of God is within you. As a matter of fact, you are the individualization of all that God is: "Son, all that I have is thine." 1 Therefore, the work of the Infinite Way is to reveal the Infinite Invisible within you to that part of you which we call the outer, the visible, or human being, which, in reality, is not a human being at all, but a divine being. The world interprets the human scene in human terms, and therefore that which is appearing in and to the world as a human being, that is, as you or as me, through this work, will receive from within the depth of his own being the revelation of his true nature. The impartation, then, in this work, is not from one intellect to another. It is divine Consciousness revealing Itself as individual being. The things of God are foolishness with men, but "if any man have ears to hear, let him hear." 2 Let this message solidify as your own individual consciousness; let the words go round and round in your own consciousness until you catch the inner vision of what is written in these pages: Then, it will become your own. After that, you will be able to teach it, but not in my words, in my language, or by using my experiences; it will become your own individual unfoldment of this same truth. In metaphysics, you cannot teach the letter of truth and get very far. The real teaching is the importation of spiritual consciousness. If I give you something that I have merely heard or read or memorized, it will bring forth no real response from within you. Unless the teaching has become my very consciousness, you will not be able to take it in. The only truth which you will receive in consciousness from reading this book is that which is a living part of my own being. You will catch the fire of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Is Individual Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:29- 154K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 10, The Ministry of the Christ
- ~ 10 ~ THE MINISTRY OF THE CHRIST We should never undertake anything, even so unimportant a thing as going to the corner for a loaf of bread, without first making our conscious contact with God. The reason is that while we may seem to be out only for the purpose of buying a loaf of bread, we, actually, may be out on some God-mission without knowing it. If we have not made our contact, we may never know what that mission was and so fail to recognize an opportunity to lend ourselves consciously to this work. Nothing is ever what it appears to be in the human picture. We often think that we are doing something for a normal, natural, human reason and, later on, find that this was not at all the real purpose of what we did. The human reason is sometimes only the decoy that sends us on the real mission, and the true purpose was perhaps not apparent to us at all. We should know by now that as human beings, we are only a transparency for the Divine. Actually, our purpose in studying spiritual wisdom is to find out, through meditation, what the spiritual plan is, and what our part in it is. As we make our contact, we become the visible transparency for the inner, divine, spiritual plan. Then, God, infinite Spirit, is able to use us and to manifest Itself as our individual being, working out Its plan on what we humanly call the earth. It is the earth, but it is more than just the earth: It is both heaven and earth. Heaven and earth are not two different and separate places, except in the human sense of time and place. Reality knows no such thing as "time," no such thing as "place." Time is really now; place is here. Whether or not this earth is a hell or a heaven is dependent upon your view of it, because where some find heaven, others find hell. Some of us find enjoyment in many places right here on earth; others find suffering in the very same places. It is all in the point of view, in the attitude of the individual. Heaven is not a place, and hell is not a place. They are ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... The Ministry of the Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:30- 130K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 9, The Christ
- ... When once we acknowledge God to be the reality of being, we have done away with the need for observing rituals, ceremonies, or creeds, or for celebrating holy days. All we have to do is to learn to live in the consciousness of our present perfection. Let us live in the constant realization of our true identity. After we have done that, there is only one other step, and that is to realize that the errors of the world, all of those things that the world is fighting, are not errors at all; they are illusions. And then, let us learn not to fight them, not to try to subdue or overcome them, or even try to get rid of them. Let us learn to live in a beautiful state of peace, the peace that comes from the understanding of God as the only reality of being. Effects of the Christ The Christ is always a gentle influence. From the moment It appears in our lives, we lose the ability to be very angry or very selfish. The Christ is made manifest in a gentleness of attitude toward those with whom we come in contact. The Christ is the greatest sense of forgiveness the world has yet known. That is the reason Jesus places so much stress on forgiving our enemies, praying for our enemies, forgiving and praying for those who despitefully use us, forgiving seventy times seven, forgiving every day those who seek it. The Christ, once It is received, cannot bear ill will, or hold enmity or antagonism even toward those who hate It. Do you remember Jesus' response to human hate: " 'Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.' 5 No one can destroy or hurt me, since I am life eternal. This is an opportunity to prove that anyone or anything calling himself or itself a hater of truth, a hater of love, is not a power. It is a balloon, ready for a pin to be stuck into it. So put up your sword. I will prove that they can do nothing. Those that live by the sword shall perish by the sword. Those who believe that error is so real that they must go ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ding_ Chapter 9, The Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:30- 150K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: May 1958, The Object of Our Search
- CHAPTER FIVE: MAY The Object of Our Search GOD does not enter the affairs of men except through individual consciousness. As we open our consciousness to the activity of God, the sleeping Christ within is gradually awakened until there is a point of transition in which the Christ takes over completely. From that moment, we live in the atmosphere of God: God is now living our life. Until that transition has been made, however, the responsibility is upon our shoulders. Even though the presence and activity of God have been brought into our experience to such an extent that there are miracle-healings, that does not always mean that there will be no further discords and that we shall have complete harmony forever. In the early stages of our student days, or discipleship, when we begin to enjoy the blessings which are the fruits of the Spirit, there is often a tendency to revert to our human mode of living: We become enmeshed in human concerns and anxieties, engrossed in human pleasures, and thereby shut ourselves off from the activity of God, until, in some trying moment, we reach out and re-establish that contact. We have not become sufficiently stabilized in the consciousness of God to remain steadfast in it, but return again and again to our human ways of living and thinking. This swinging of the pendulum backward and forward continues until, sooner or later, we awaken to the fact that we have been seesawing between Spirit and "this world," experiencing healings followed by discords and then more healings and more discords. This finally leads to a realization of the need for a more consistent preoccupation with the things of God and the necessity of daily meditation. As we continue along the spiritual path, we find that instead of giving thirty minutes a day to the realization of God, eventually we are dwelling in God for four, five, and six hours of the day, and experiencing the fruits of the Spirit in the form of greater harmony and less discord. After weeks and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...8, The Object of Our Search.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:08- 147K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 5, Nothing Takes Place Outside of Consciousness
- Chapter Five Nothing Takes Place Outside of Consciousness One of the most important principles of the Infinite Way is that God constitutes individual being. This means that God constitutes your being and mine. God manifests as our life, mind, spirit, and soul. Even our body is the temple of God. This is the spiritual truth about every one of us. God has given us dominion over "the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."1 God created us in His own image, giving us His life, soul, spirit, and intelligence and, in so doing, He gave us dominion over ignorance, superstition, and darkness. This dominion is our spiritual birthright and makes us a law unto our life's demonstration. All Error, a Mental Imposition We are human beings because we have forfeited our birthright of dominion and turned it over to what the Master called "this world." 2 At the very instant that the newspapers, radio, or television announces an impending epidemic, human beings open themselves to becoming victims of the epidemic. They permit it to become a part of their experience by means of mentally imposed suggestions from outside. It is not that anyone has maliciously started the rumor just to make them ill: it is in universal human consciousness, and it is thrust at all of us. Without knowing the underlying truth of being, we may passively accept it with a "Well, what can I do about it? I'm just a statistic. So if forty out of a hundred get it, I may be one of the forty." If we escape it, we consider ourselves lucky. Actually, we are responsible for being victimized by the mass hypnosis only because we do not know how to avoid it. We do not know what caused it or how to prevent it. The Presidential election of 1916 illustrates the effect of any kind of mass hysteria. The incumbent president was re-elected because he had kept the nation out of war, clear-cut evidence that the public did ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ce Outside of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: February 1955, Grace
- CHAPTER TWO: FEBRUARY Grace THERE is an area of consciousness through which you are instantly one with God, and with all spiritual being and creation, and through which you find instantly available all forms of good. This has been described as a Sea of Spirit, and it is as well the universal or divine Soul. In achieving conscious contact with this Sea of Spirit (or the Father within) you find divine Love pouring Itself into expression, so that you no longer live by personal effort alone, but by Grace. Rather than to seek your good from persons or things, tap this universal Soul and become a beholder as It pours forth as ideas, manifest as the human forms of good so necessary to your present experience. It is only as you learn to look to this Infinite Invisible that you begin to understand the nature of Grace. Instead of seeking or desiring something already existing as form or effect, learn to turn within and let your good unfold from this divine Source, the Infinite Unseen. Let the practitioner and teacher seek activity from this inner source. Let the business and professional man look to the divine within. Let the sick and the sinner seek healing and perfection from within. Be ever alert, expectant of Consciousness unfolding as new and richer and lovelier forms of good, and you will experience the abundance of life-by Grace. To understand that your Soul is the eternal storehouse of all good is permitting the activity of the Christ to function in your experience through Grace. What is "the Father"? The Father is universal Consciousness; the Substance of all form; divine Mind acting as your mind and manifesting as limitless ideas; immortal Life appearing as the harmonies of individual life. Seek everything in life from the kingdom within. Draw your good from the infinity of your own being. Touch that center, the kingdom within, and let the Father reveal your heritage. This is to live by Grace. Grace is the gift of God. The Children of God live by Grace: we are heirs ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...icism_ February 1955, Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:59- 110K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XIV, And They Shall All Be Taught of God
- CHAPTER XIV "AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT OF GOD" All work on the spiritual path is directed toward the development of a consciousness higher than that of the intellect or human mind. In the beginning, when there was no awareness of good or of evil, man lived out from the divine Consciousness, but after what is known as the Fall of Man, he took unto himself a consciousness of his own. He no longer had an awareness of the Father- consciousness: he now had a mortal consciousness, a consciousness of death, as does everyone who is under the universal belief in two powers. The purpose of work on the spiritual path is to bring about the return to this divine state of consciousness. In some cases, the impartation of that mind which was in Christ Jesus takes place in an individual when, through some act of Grace within himself, the Master -I am not speaking now of a man: I am speaking of the Master, the divine Consciousness-touches an individual and operates in him without the help of a teacher or without the help of a teaching. Paul, who received his illumination thirty years after the Crucifixion, had no personal teacher to help bring about the spiritual transformation which took place in him. His religious teacher, Gamaliel, was a scholar with a thorough knowledge of Hebrew theology, but probably with little spiritual awareness, and spiritual power seems to have been completely absent from him. So, this Saul of Tarsus, who had been out on the mission of persecuting and helping to kill Christians, this Saul, one of the most highly educated and trained of religious scholars, but apparently without a trace of the spiritual, received his illumination from within himself without the help of a teacher or of a teaching on the outer plane. Paul may have received his teaching and illumination directly from the Spirit of the Christ Itself, but it may well be that because of his identification with the Judaic movement in the days of the Messiah, he attributed his illumination to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Shall All Be Taught of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:00- 133K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 11, Attain That Mind
- ~ 11 ~ ATTAIN THAT MIND Life is much like a play, unfolding from the first to the last acts, in which the leading characters go through all manner of trials, temptations and troubles before reaching the happy ending. In this world we shall have these experiences of seeming good or bad, up or down, well or sick, rich or poor, but in the attainment of the "Mind that was in Christ Jesus," we shall have life everlasting. The story of every major prophet is one of illumination after struggles. Joseph accepted his delivery into slavery as an act of God. Elijah finally realized that through every step of his banishment God was present, seeing him through. Moses accepted the deliverance of the Hebrews as an act of God, and had proof of the Presence every step of the long, hard journey. So must we, regardless of our world experiences, and even though we go through the trials of Moses, Elijah, Jesus, Paul and John, understand and realize that the Divine Presence overshadows and accompanies us every step of our way. Having touched this spiritual Hem, having made the contact, we are never alone, never forsaken, never permitted to fail. There is always the last act: the attainment of the Mind of Christ. If we recognize this truth we are living by Grace, and we let the reasoning, thinking, planning mind relax as we recognize our good as the gift of God, as Divine Ever-Presence. Should we experience any human sense of discord, keep watching for the angel of the Lord, the Christ, the Father within, and listen for the still, small V oice. It will never leave us nor forsake us. It is our permanent dispensation. Human existence before the awakening is life cut off from its Source-an accidental hit or miss affair with anything as possibilities, and most things as probabilities. Yet, even then, there is a Presence lurking in the background, only awaiting the right moment to emerge as the very Christ of our being, as our individual salvation. As students of Truth we come to the study for ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 11, Attain That Mind.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:55- 110K
Find Similar Documents