Consciousness Transformed: September 30, 1963, An Eternal Relationship
- AN ETERNAL RELATIONSHIP September 30, 1963 Honolulu Infinite Way Study Center GOOD EVENING. You have an opportunity now to prove a major principle of The Infinite Way. Incidentally, reading about these principles or studying these principles is not of too much importance unless, in addition to the reading and the studying, you actually put them into practice, until you demonstrate principle by principle and very often one at a time. We have been together for ten months and we have seen a lot of each other. We have been in each other's consciousness and we have experienced a great deal of love, friendship, sharing, companionship, and truth. Now it would appear that we will be separated for a while. This always brings up feelings of sorrow or regret or sadness or some other negative emotion, and if you look at the situation humanly you might experience a day or two of sorrow. However, if you look at the situation spiritually, it really presents a tremendous opportunity. What you have experienced of me is my consciousness of truth. You have brought yourself to me, but not physically. You have brought your self to my consciousness. Therefore I have been in your consciousness and you have been in my consciousness and what we have experienced of each other is this consciousness, this spiritual companionship. If you have been receptive and responsive to what has taken place, you have benefitted by having been lifted higher into consciousness. Never forget this: I too have benefitted, because in the kingdom of God there is no such thing as a one- way traffic. In the kingdom of God there is a union. In the kingdom of God there is a oneness. In the kingdom of God there is a unitedness. Therefore, there has been a flow of consciousness among us and between us-from me to you and from you to me. If this were not so, if there was no receptivity on your part, the flow could not move out from within me because there would be nothing to draw it. It is for this reason that all of The ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...63, An Eternal Relationship.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:22- 108K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: October 1955, The Invisible Nature of Your Life
- CHAPTER TEN: OCTOBER The Invisible Nature of Your Life "Ye have sown much, and bring in little: ye eat, but ye have not enough; ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm; and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes. Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Consider your ways. Go up to the mountain, and bring wood, and build the house; and I will take pleasure in it, and I will be glorified, saith the Lord. Ye looked for much, and, lo, it came to little; and when ye brought it home, I did blow upon it. Why? saith the Lord of hosts. Because of mine house that is waste, and ye run every man unto his own house. Therefore the heaven over you is stayed from dew, and the earth is stayed from her fruit. And I called for a drought upon the land, and upon the mountains, and upon the corn, and upon the new wine, and upon the oil, and upon that which the ground bringeth forth, and upon men, and upon cattle, and upon all the labor of the hands." (Hag. 1:6-11.) GOD, the Infinite Invisible (your individual consciousness) is the Source and Fount of your being, from which flows the Water of Eternal Life. Therefore, your individual consciousness is the storehouse of infinite spiritual unfoldment, and out of the enriched spiritual awareness comes all the joys and blessings of a complete and satisfying life. When this consciousness is what we term human, it is barren: it lacks the substance and the elements from which spiritual or perfect harmonious demonstration must flow. Instead of coming into the realization that God is your consciousness, "ye run every man unto his own house"-unto your own sense of spirituality and wisdom and supply, and, in thus looking to your personal selfhood, find that regardless of what you draw from it, you receive no sense of permanent good or satisfaction. "Ye looked for much, and it came to little." We have all sown much, but have brought in little; we have worked hard, but have accomplished ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...visible Nature of Your Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:10- 136K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: April 12, 1964, I and My Father Are One
- I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE April 12, 1964 Between Two Worlds Honolulu, Hawaii OUR SUNDAY MORNING tapes are still on the subject of "Between Two Worlds," the world of material sense and the world of spiritual consciousness. You are reminded that there are two worlds, although one of these disappears in proportion as you attain the consciousness of the other one. As you die daily to "man whose breath is in his nostrils," you are being reborn into the Son of God. But here you must remember, and I say you must often remember and consciously remember that there are not actually two worlds. There is only one, the world of consciousness or spirit, but there is a false sense of that world which you entertain and that false sense constitutes the other world-the world of material sense. I spoke this morning of Dr. Loren Eiseley's article entitled "The Uncomplete Man," published in Harper's Magazine, March, 1964, in which he tells of a revelation he experienced on the nature of the body which corresponds to what we have been teaching for more than thirty years. In this article, Dr. Eiseley says that all evil is based upon the belief that we are man. In other words, we are not man, and even Scripture says: "Know ye not that you are Gods 1 . . . . even your body is the temple of God." 2 We are really spiritual, offspring of spirit, and that which constitutes our material sense of world is this belief that we are man. You will remember our exercise in which you stand slightly in back of yourself with the word I, and look down at the feet and realize: "These feet are not me, they are mine." You then go up to the knees, the hips, the waist, the chest, the shoulders, the neck, the head, up to the topmost hair of the head, always declaring: "This is not me, this is mine." Then, as you go up and down that body mentally, at the end of the exercise you realize: "I am not in this body, but there is an I separate and apart from body which is the owner of this body-and therefore the body in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...64, I and My Father Are One.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:06- 102K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: May 10, 1964, Omnipresence
- OMNIPRESENCE May 10, 1964 RELAX AND LET the mental strain fall away, because we wish to be transparencies through which the Spirit can flow. Remember you are not here to get anything. When we have large lecture audiences, it is to be expected that many people come to receive something or to gain something or to learn something. This is legitimate, just as it is legitimate when we first come to a metaphysical teaching to seek something in the outer realm: better health or increased supply or improved relationships. However, in a small group of this nature, you have learned at least in some measure that anything you are going to get is only in proportion to the flow of the spirit. Therefore, your mind should not be on achieving something or on learning something, but rather resting in the assurance that there is a spirit in man. Let this spirit flow, and the spirit that flows through you will feed you; but it will do something far more than that, because it will feed each one of us. What feeds me will continue to feed you; what feeds you will continue to feed me. What feeds us will feed those in this room and, because the flow of spirit cannot be limited or stopped, it will continue to flow out of this room into the world. Just as the life of the tree not only feeds the tree but produces fruit on the tree, so it is in our spiritual life. We no longer think in terms of feeding "me and my family," but we let it produce enough fruit to feed the world. Relax and take this as a law to remember: The only tension there is in meditation is when you are trying to get something. The moment you release the desire to get, you will relax. A little now about our trip. In Portland, Seattle, and Chicago, Mrs. Daisy Shigemura of Hawaii, Mrs. Eileen Bowden of Canada, Miss Lorene McClintock of New York, Mrs. Virginia Stephenson of California, and Miss Lorraine Sinkler of Chicago will be conducting Infinite Way teacher classes on meditation, spiritual healing, and ways and means of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... May 10, 1964, Omnipresence.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:19- 115K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 1, The Need for Religion
- ... On the other hand, the person who is gross, who has never lived very close to God or thought much about God can go on for a long time storing up karma. When it reaches a certain level, however, even he gets clipped, because he is not violating a God, he is violating his God, the God at the center of his being. An Inner Cleansing Is Necessary for Forgiveness When we take the Master's teaching seriously, we realize that we cannot merely go to church on Sunday and because of that receive absolution. No minister, priest, or rabbi can absolve ... There cannot be a God that would injure, destroy, or withhold. Such a God would not be God. God is love, and what makes us believe in Christianity is the life the Master lived and the work he did. He said that his work was "to do the will of him that sent"9 him. In that will there is no withholding, no lack of forgiveness, no excommunication. Nothing like that! The sinner is just as much welcomed as the saint, because the sinner has come to be made a saint. Jesus came to heal the sick, raise the dead, preach the gospel, and feed the ... The Consciousness of No Judgment Brings Peace Once we have experienced God we can never again judge, criticize, or condemn a person for anything he does. " 'Father, forgive them: for they know not what they do.'12 If they only knew, they would live by Grace instead of by theft, but we will teach it to them, that is, we will teach it to those who are willing." We cannot benefit anyone when we criticize, judge, condemn, or sit in judgment. The Master's whole ministry was one of love and forgiveness. It was not that he was so loving: it was because he was performing the ministry of his Father. And that is the mission given to us: not to sit in judgment, criticism, or condemnation, but to forgive, not caring what a person does tomorrow. If he wants to sin tomorrow and be punished again, that is his business, but this day he has come to us and received forgiveness. That is our mission and function. Prayer ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Message for the Ages Chap1.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-27 20:20:56- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: January 1, 1964, Silence! Stillness! Quietness
- SILENCE! STILLNESS! QUIETNESS! January 1, 1964 Honolulu Infinite Way Study Center THANK YOU FOR THIS PARTY TODAY, and Happy New Year to everyone! I am asked very often, and especially by publishers, why I do not speak to larger groups and why I do not advertise and have more of the public come to our work. It is difficult to answer in a way that could be understood. To begin with, The Infinite Way is not a message that we can sell to anyone. It has to be sought, and the reason is that you cannot convince anyone of any of the truth that is embodied in the message. This is natural and it is normal, for "the natural man receiveth not the things of the spirit of God." 1 That means the mind can never understand the things of God. There is nothing about God or the realm of God that is common sense or reasonable to the mind. It might seem reasonable to you now but that is because you have in a measure gone beyond the mind, beyond common sense, and the spiritual center in you is opened. Even if it is open in a tiny measure, everything seems reasonable. But until that center is open, there would be no point asking you to hear this message because it would not penetrate. In the original book The Infinite Way, from the First through the Ninth Edition, I paid lip-service to metaphysical belief by occasionally using the word Mind with a capital "M" as a synonym for God. As you know, I took it out with the Tenth Edition and all later editions, but I would like you in particular to understand why that was done. The mind of man can be used for either good or evil as you well know. Many people are using the mind for evil or destructive purposes, sometimes merely for pleasurable purposes which certainly does not come under the heading of God or good. So you see mind could never be God, and God could never be mind. We are not so great that we could use God. Therefore the mind must be looked upon as a human instrument, an instrument for learning or for planning, and for some, for evil ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...lence! Stillness! Quietness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:12- 104K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 8, On the Sea of Spirit
- 8) On the Sea of Spirit Life on the spiritual path can be divided into three major periods: the first a very pleasant one, the second not quite so comfortable, and the third not only pleasant but satisfying. The first stage is pleasant because our thoughts are centered primarily on changing conditions of evil, error, discord, and inharmony into more harmonious conditions, and, as many of us have discovered, some of these changes do take place. We gain a better sense of health, very often a much better sense of supply, and our human relationships adjust themselves and become much more satisfactory than they were before. In this first stage of our spiritual unfoldment, it is a joyous thing to watch some part of the old man "die," 1 and the new man be "born," watch the old conditions disappear, and new and more harmonious ones appear. LIVING IN TWO WORLDS The second stage is probably the longest period, and the most difficult one. This is because in the second stage we are living in two worlds. We have glimpsed something of the nature of Reality, and something of the unreal nature of the phenomenal world, gradually leading us to a state of consciousness where we do not quickly run for an aspirin the moment we have a cold, or immediately consult a doctor when something more serious develops. We have little or no fear about these disturbing physical conditions because they no longer hold the same terror for us. Unfortunately, most of our friends do not think as we do, and they can make life fairly miserable for us by reminding us that we must be practical, that we must protect ourselves from disease and danger, and that it is unreasonable and impractical to forgive our enemies. Because of this conflict, we often find ourselves living in two worlds with the necessity of catering to both of them. Apparently, there is no way of running away from either one of them; and inasmuch as we do not want to lose the spiritual ground that we have gained by so much work, study, and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 8, On the Sea of Spirit.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:04- 165K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 4, The Stature of Spiritual Manhood
- Chapter Four The Stature of Spiritual Manhood The original unfoldment or revelation given to me was that God is not in the human scene until God is admitted into our consciousness. In other words, all the evils that exist-individual, collective, national, and international-all these are possible because a human being as a branch of the Tree of Life is cut off and withers and dies. As human beings we are separate and apart from God. We are that "natural man"1 who knows not the things of God and cannot know them for they must be spiritually discerned. The things of God cannot be known with the mind; they cannot be known with the intellect; and this accounts for a great deal of the failure that many students experience in metaphysical work. Where there is failure, the reason is nearly always the same. It is not because of the particular message: it is that the individual is depending entirely on what he reads, on statements of truth and books, on hymns, or on church attendance, and none of these is God. None of these is spiritual power. The books, the teachers, and the churches, holy mountains, holy temples, and holy scriptures have their place, but they serve only as instruments whereby students develop the capacity of spiritual discernment. Spiritual Discernment Is Essential If the things of God could be known through the mind, everybody could read spiritual books and have access to God, but these do not provide that access. Access to God is attained only through spiritual discernment, and therefore, God does not enter your life or mine until we have developed some measure of spiritual discernment. True, just as the Master could heal, feed, and forgive, so today those of spiritual discernment can do some measure of healing work, some feeding and forgiving, and some breaking of bondage to karmic law. But that is only of temporary help. To be rid of one disease does not mean that a person will not have another one. To experience a demonstration of supply does not mean ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tature of Spiritual Manhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 5, Our Real Identity
- ~ 5 ~ OUR REAL IDENTITY TODAY, with all the conflict, warfare, and turmoil, it appears the world is bent on destroying itself. In this overturning, people of themselves have no strength, intelligence, or love. "For by strength shall no man prevail." 1 This destruction or crucifixion going on throughout the world is really the crucifixion of the belief in personal power, personal will, and the sense of an identity separate and apart from the One. That is all that is being crucified. Anyone holding on to the belief that he has a personal life to save or lose, a personal fortune to protect, or a personal will and dominion may be crucified because those beliefs must be rooted out in order for God's glory to fill the earth and for man to stand forth in the fullness of Christhood. What can I desire besides Thee? If I had all the earth and Thee, I would have no more than if I just had Thee. But if I had all the earth and had not Thee, then I would have nothing except a void still waiting to be filled. I realize the uselessness of desiring, wishing, and hoping because in the stillness I know Thou art with me. Thou art the light of my being. Never can I feel God's presence until I am in the silence. But after I have attained a stillness and silence, I can carry it out into the world for a few hours, when again I must retire for renewal of the assurance. It is not that God is not omnipresent; but in the turmoil of the world and the activity of the human mind, I am apt to develop a sense of separation, a feeling of being apart. So I come back into this silence for a moment to reassure myself and feel that divine Presence. THE INVISIBILITY OF SPIRITUAL IDENTITY This life I am experiencing is not my life but God's life: infinite, eternal, and immortal. This body that is my vehicle of expression is God's body. If it were mine, it would be separate and apart from God; and how would I preserve it? But this is not my body; it is the body of God in one of Its infinite forms and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 5, Our Real Identity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:08- 135K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter VIII, The Mystical I
- CHAPTER VIII THE MYSTICAL I The search for God must be conducted within, but this does not mean within our body because no amount of mental or physical probing has ever revealed the kingdom of God in any person's body. Therefore, we can quickly put aside any idea of searching for it in the spinal cord, stomach, heart, or even in the brain. The Kingdom is to be found within-within us. This leads us to the questions: Who are we? What are we? Where are we? Most of us already know that we are not confined to our body, and once we know that, we have taken a tremendous leap forward on the spiritual path, because if we are convinced that we are not in the body, it should not take very long or involve overmuch reasoning to establish the truth that being out of the body and invisible, we must be incorporeal and spiritual, something other than body. So, when we seek the kingdom of God within, we are not seeking for it inside the body, not even in the mind: we are seeking within ourselves. To understand the nature of life as consciousness reveals how it is possible for the kingdom of God to be within us, within our consciousness, within that part of us which knows, but within no particular part of our body. Consciousness alone constitutes the Self. When we have realized ourselves as consciousness and can look at our body in a mirror and thank God that we are not there, thank God that we have a body, but that we are not in the body-we are invisible-we shall begin to understand the Master's great teachings which are the "open sesame" to progress on the spiritual path. "Call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." How can the son of that Father be other than spiritual being, spiritual entity and identity, incorporeal and invisible being? How can that son of God be seen walking the earth? The truth is that our real Self is never seen by anybody: it is completely invisible. True, our body is visible, but we are not. We are hid with the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter VIII, The Mystical I.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:59- 143K
Find Similar Documents