The Mystical I: Chapter Ten, An Act of Commitment
- CHAPTER TEN AN ACT OF COMMITMENT As I sat in meditation these words came to me, "the womb of Silence," and with them it was as if there were a tremendous silence, large and round, and this was the womb out of which all creation came.1 All creation was formed in this womb of Silence. There was not a man, but there was a universe: the earth, the rocks, the trees, streams, seas, skies, suns, moons, and planets-all this flowing forth as an unfoldment from this huge womb of penetrating, complete stillness-yet more than stillness: absolute silence, quietness. It moves as if in a rhythm, and this rhythm not only forms it, but sustains creation with everything in its rightful place. Looking out into this universe, you can see that there is cold-snow and ice-in the north, and warmth in the south, flowers and trees of one nature in the north and of another in the south. This rhythm, the rhythm that is flowing from that Silence, maintains and sustains creation beautifully, all in its order. Eventually, man appears here and there on the face of the globe, also maintained by this rhythm that flows within his consciousness. It is a flow of rhythm that maintains the activity of the body, the organs and their functions. Everything seems to be responsive to this rhythm, and all this rhythm is flowing forth from that womb into form as grace, beauty, order, peace. The relationship between all these forms is harmonious. We could use the words "love" or "loving," but there is no love or loving: there is only a naturalness of peace, contentment, and this is the rhythm in expression, the rhythm of the universe. INHARMONY RESULTS FROM BEING OUTSIDE THE RHYTHM When anything goes wrong in our experience, it is because we are out of tune with this rhythm. We can observe the willow tree, how it moves with the breeze, almost flows with the breeze, and then imagine what would happen if it were to try to stand erect in that breeze or resist it. It would be broken. And so is man broken the moment ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r Ten, An Act of Commitment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:32- 98K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter V, Sowing and Reaping
- CHAPTER V SOWING AND REAPING Most people of the world believe that the evils they experience have come upon them because of their sins of omission or commission. Essentially this is true. But because they also believe that God has inflicted these evils upon them as a punishment, they have been cheated of the opportunity of avoiding them in the future. As long as they believe that God, for any reason whatsoever, would sink a ship, let an airplane fall, or permit children or adults to be mangled, lost, drowned, or suffer disease, they cheat themselves of the opportunity of learning why these ills have come upon them, and what they can do to prevent them from touching their households. The sun, the moon, and the stars were certainly not given by God to the people of the earth as a reward for anything, nor were the silver and the gold, the platinum and the diamonds, the rubies and the sapphires in the bowels of the earth, nor the pearls and the immeasurable riches in the sea. All these are but the natural order of creation appearing in wondrous ways, but never given as a reward from God, nor withheld as a punishment. The real nature of God is to express Himself, to express His qualities, character, and nature as a harmonious universe. If we could but see this world without people, we might better be able to understand that it is a perfect creation of God, functioning harmoniously and operating continuously. Whatever problems arise, arise not from the world as such but from man himself. Acknowledging, then, that God is the creator of this universe, the maintainer and sustainer of it, and that God governs this universe perfectly, without any help, advice, or urging from man, we stop holding God responsible for our ills and turn within and ask ourselves, "What about error? What about evil? Whence come these, and how can we rid ourselves of them?" One of the first steps for anyone on the spiritual path is to learn that on the human level of life there is such a thing as ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter V, Sowing and Reaping.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:59- 125K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 10, 1963, Beside God There Is No Other
- BESIDE GOD THERE IS NO OTHER February 10, 1963 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii ARE THERE ANY QUESTIONS from the tape that you heard this morning? Are there any points that need clarifying? I know it was a very important tape. (1960 Denver Closed Class: Advanced Spiritual Healing Class: Protective Work.) Question: I am interested in what you said about the Christian attitude towards business. You said that John Wanamaker of Philadelphia started pricing at a set price and that this was a Christian way of doing business. Can you explain? Answer: There isn't anyone in the world who is not affected by business. When we speak of the right way of doing business, we speak of business on the basis of the Golden Rule, on the Christian-conducted basis. Before Wanamaker, no store ever had a set price. Everything was bargaining ability, so at first he nearly went bankrupt. People saw the price tags and then started to bargain. At first, when they were told there was to be no bargaining, they walked out. The closer you get to a spiritual way of conducting business, the more just and equitable a type of business would be conducted. In this present era, business is about as un-Christian as it could be; we have reverted to cutthroat business. Once you start humanly manipulating prices, you will find a hundred ways of manipulating them. V ery few people are paying a fair price for the merchandise they buy; they are either paying too much or too little. The same thing is true in the stock market where some stocks are too high or too low. It all comes to this: that individually we may attempt to live our lives in accord with a principle but not be permitted to while we are in an era like this where prices are determined by outside factors. If it is the law, then we have to conform to it. That is unfortunate for those who would like to live by principles. However, it would not prevent an individual's spiritual development. Everything takes place in consciousness, not what you do ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...eside God There Is No Other.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:11- 109K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 9, Principle of Treatment
- CHAPTER 9 PRINCIPLE OF TREATMENT To receive or give treatment, you must consciously know and apply the principles of Truth. In order to do this, you must first establish dominion over your mind and your body. Dominion over Mind and Body We identify ourselves as "I." There is an "I," Joel; an "I," Mary; an "I," Bill-an "I," whatever your name is. But "I" is neither your body nor your mind. Your body and your mind are not the "I" of your being. They are merely the instruments through which you perform your functions on earth. Your mind is the instrument through which the "I" of your being thinks, reasons, knows, and makes decisions and judgments. It is used for any purpose of awareness. Your body, on the other hand, is the physical instrument, which takes its orders from you (the "I") through your mind. For example, when I wish to raise my hand, "I," Joel, through my mind give that order to my hand and my hand obeys. "I" govern my mind, and my mind instructs my body. Therefore, "I" have dominion over both my mind and my body. But suppose I do not exercise that dominion, which was given to me by God in the very beginning? If "I" exerted no control over my mind but let it make its own judgments, or if "I" let my body control its own conduct, I would be in all kinds of trouble, as are those who have not learned to accept and exercise their dominion. Your mind and your body, as well as dominion over them, were given to you, and you must learn to exercise that dominion. When you sit in meditation, your mind does not wish to be still and come under control-not because it has a will of its own but because it is accustomed to doing what it wants if you have not been assuming dominion over it. The mind is much like some horses I have ridden, which did not acknowledge my control one bit! They just took me where they wanted to go because I did not know how to assume dominion over them, and so they had their way with me! So the mind has its own way with us unless we learn to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 9, Principle of Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 100K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 7, Conscious Oneness
- ~ 7 ~ CONSCIOUS ONENESS I HAVE SAID: "If there is no change in our consciousness during the week, there will be no change in our outer experience the following week." Now, in proportion as some change toward truth takes place in your consciousness, in that proportion there is some improvement in your outer affairs-either in your health, your family relations, or in your supply. It would be as impossible for you to be in the same place today that you were a week ago as it is to toss raisins into your bread dough and not have raisin bread. That which goes into consciousness must come forth as manifestation. That which becomes a part of consciousness as truth must appear as manifestation. There is no such thing as truth and manifestation. Truth itself appears as manifestation. Spirit is not something separate and apart from the forms it assumes. Spirit is the substance and the "form" is its manifestation. Therefore, if truth appears in or as our consciousness, if truth appears in or as the spirit of our being, it must also appear as manifested form. Therefore please remember this as the foundation, the real point, of recent talks: that all improved states of consciousness must appear as improved demonstrations or experiences. And today we come one step further. Unless we consciously make the decision to act or live in some higher way, on a higher level, we are not going to live or act or have manifestation on a higher level. We cannot sit back passively and say (or believe), "There is a God or law that is going to do something in me, through me, for me or to me," just as we have learned not to believe that there is an evil law or an evil power. There is no such thing as a law that acts upon us except that to which we give power to through our belief. You can accept any belief and make it a law unto yourself. There is no power in the stars or in the stars' acting upon us, but you can make a god of anything you wish. You can pick up a piece of metal, or a penny, and call ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 7, Conscious Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:06- 118K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 9, When We Personalize Good And Evil
- IX when we personalize good and evil S PIRITUAL CONSCIOUSNESS IS your consciousness when you have no evil to combat, when your evil has been impersonalized and nothingized. That is Christ-con- sciousness. It is not some other consciousness that is going to come to you. It is your present consciousness when your consciousness is divested of personalizing good and evil or empowering evil. Your consciousness, this very conscious- ness which is you, is Christ-consciousness in proportion as you are impersonalizing and nothingizing. Therefore, there is no new consciousness to gain; there is no other consciousness to go out after. It is a purification of the consciousness which we now have, and which in its purified state is Christ-consciousness. In other words, Moses, after his illumination, was still Moses, but with purified consciousness. Jesus was still Jesus but with purified or Christ-consciousness. That is why he was called Jesus, "the Christ," Jesus, "the Enlightened." He was still Jesus, the same Jesus, but now, "the Enlightened." And enlightenment means only one thing: the recognition of these principles. That is what constitutes enlightenment and opens the way for illumination. The inner experiences that we have, the inner experiences that come to us and the instruction that comes, and the wisdom, the guidance, and the direction come only at those times when we are living in that consciousness of no condemnation, of impersonalization, and they cannot come to us at any other time. That is the full meaning of that statement: "When you go to the altar and pray, and there remember that anyone has ought against thee, first get up and make thy peace." 1 We have this principle of impersonalizing evil, and this means denying the evil a person in whom, on whom, or through whom to operate. In other words, look upon every evil as if it were being offered by a tempter, as if you were seeing Satan stand before the Master, and you having the ability to say, "Get thee behind ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 9.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:05- 91K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: December 1955, Christmas 1955
- CHAPTER TWELVE: DECEMBER Christmas 1955 A CHRISTMAS message should be a message of peace. Our thoughts turn from the peace the world is seeking to the true peace-"My peace" which, when men are ready to receive it, comes with healing of mind and body. The world seeks a peace that can never be found while its sense of peace is but an absence or cessation of war. This peace, even when accomplished, is temporary, because it is based solely upon conferences and relationships between men and nations. True peace is achieved only as we lay down the armor of flesh; as we put up the sword of defense from the fears and hatreds of the world: as we cease warring with the conditions of earth. Lasting peace reigns only when men's relationship to man is based upon his relationship to God. Peace is realized as we find union with our fellowmen through the experience of God. Peace is attained as we behold the Son of God ruling first our lives and then our neighbor's. The world is seeking peace "out there" but peace is to be found in entertaining the Prince of Peace within our own individual beings. Let us, therefore, no longer seek the peace the world is seeking but, rather, "The peace of God which passeth all understanding." "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." The Christ on Earth "Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law. Thus saith God the Lord, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...cember 1955, Christmas 1955.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:58- 131K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 5, A Purified Consciousness
- A Chapter Five A Purified Consciousness s we become receptive and responsive to the experience of God, we can embrace the whole universe within ourselves in meditation: This universe of God's creating is within me and within all being. God's love enfolds and upholds it. God's love enfolds all who are therein. God's love permeates this universe. All that exists in this universe God created, and it is spiritual. All that exists is of God, and God is the good unto this universe. Whoever it is, wherever it is, whatever it is, it is neither good nor evil but wholly spiritual, as of God. The good which is God permeates and maintains it. Every individual embraced in my consciousness is the son of God, the child of God, the offspring of God, God's own creation-not good and not evil. All those embraced in the spiritual universe are of God and therefore spiritual. Neither Good nor Evil in Form or Effect We do not label anyone good or evil. We place no labels on anyone, nor will we label any condition as good or evil. The moment some form of physical, mental, moral, or financial discord comes into our thought, we strip away the label of good or evil. We see it as a condition that exists, but a condition that exists not as good and not as evil. With such an attitude, we let it be translated into that which it is and thereby behold a harmony or a wholeness where heretofore there was discord or disease. Let us begin with this moment and remember that there is neither good nor evil in this world. Let us place no labels of good or evil upon anyone or anything. We acknowledge God as the only good, and we acknowledge that all that exists partakes of God's goodness. Regardless of any appearance that may be in our thought at this moment, we acknowledge that evil has no real or permanent existence. Whatever the appearance, we will call it neither good nor evil. It is a state of duality to behold good and evil. Whatever we see as a person, situation, or condition becomes good or evil in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...5, A Purified Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:34- 112K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 11, Self-Purification, the Way to the Mystical Consciousness
- Chapter Eleven Self-Purification, the Way to the Mystical Consciousness Throughout the history of the world, there have been some few hundred persons who by the grace of God have received spiritual illumination to a sufficient extent for them to be considered mystics. There also have been a few thousand persons or possibly tens of thousands who by the grace of God have received a touch of the Spirit but, because they did not understand or grasp the meaning or significance of it when it came, could never again regain it or have the experience repeated. These represent one of the saddest elements of society. It is not necessary for a person to go through life without illumination however, because with an understanding of the truth of being and a consistent living with the principles, the spiritual centers are opened, and it is possible for anyone who earnestly turns to a spiritual teaching to receive a tremendous measure of light. The degree of that illumination varies with the individual and with the use he makes of it after he receives it. Impersonalization Illumination is possible only in proportion to our realization of the nature of God as omnipresence and infinity, thereby enabling us to look upon any and every form of discord not as a condition or a person but as a mental imposition, a malpractice, a temptation, a state of hypnotism, a nothingness. It is virtually impossible to receive spiritual light or illumination and to attain the heights possible through meditation when the mind is divided against itself. If we entertain the belief that God can do something to or for something or somebody, our mind is a house divided against itself. As long as we entertain a belief in two powers, illumination is impossible because that is the barrier that separates us from being that man who has his being in Christ. We think of each other as having certain qualities, some good and some bad, some spiritual and some material. That is the barrier. We cannot deny that some of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... the Mystical Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:37- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 10, The Invisible
- Chapter Ten The Invisible Contemplative meditation can be a starting point for all meditation and can make it possible for a person to ease into a deeper form of meditation. That does not mean that there are not some persons already sufficiently adept in the art of meditation so that they no longer have to use the contemplative form as a first step. But these persons are few and far between. Unless you are among those in that category, it is wise to read the Bible or a spiritual or inspirational book for a few minutes until some particular idea or principle becomes uppermost in your mind. Then put the book aside and begin a contemplative meditation in which in all likelihood you will contemplate some truth that has struck you through what you have read. It might be a scriptural passage such as: "Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" 1 Now contemplate that for a moment: "Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." Where is the spirit of the Lord? Is It not where I am? If I mounted up to heaven, would I not find the spir- it of the Lord there? If I made my bed in hell, would I not find the spirit of the Lord there? If "I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,"2 there, too, I will find the spirit of the Lord, for the Lord is where I am, and the Lord, the presence of God, fills all space. It fills this space where I am. And even more important than that is the truth that "the kingdom of God is within"3 me, so the presence of God is within me. Yes, the presence of God, closer than breathing, is within me. The spirit of God is within me. Here where I am, the spirit of the Lord is, and "where the spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." So right here where I am, there is liberty. I cannot be bound; I cannot be limited, I cannot be circumscribed, for where God is, I am. And where God is, there is liberty; there is freedom, peace, and fulfillment. In the presence of God is fulfillment, and that presence is where I am. Therefore, here where I am ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 10, The Invisible.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:36- 118K
Find Similar Documents